• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 16,280 Views, 851 Comments

Monster - BlackWing



A human with a rather unique ability is hunted, till he find himself in a land different to his own.

  • ...
71
 851
 16,280

Sacrifice Part.2 (30)

Sacrifice Part.2

The mane 6 stood in front of Celestia and Luna. If the princesses so much as touched the midnight sword, they would be rendered helpless. They would not be able to stand against Nightmare Shade at all.

"STOP!" Twilight commanded. Nightmare just chuckled.

"Little ponies, I have promised not to hurt you.... intentionally, as part of the pact for having this body. If you just happen to get in the way of my strike, then that's your problem. Now move, before you die." He said with a piercing stare. Twilight sent spells at him, only for them to be stopped. Rarity tried to bind him in a hanging banner, but as soon as the magically lifted cloth touched him, it fell to the ground limp. Rainbow Dash charged him, only to be caught by the hoof and thrown into the wall. Applejack tried to buck him, only to miss and fall flat on her stomach, her possessed friend standing on her back.

"Didn't I tell you the same trick wouldn't work twice? What makes you think it would work the third time around? Wait what? What are you..." Pinkie Pie had somehow gotten onto his back, blindfolded him, and wass trying him up with streamers and balloons.

"Woohoo! Ride em cowpony!" The pink party pony yelled, before she was thrown off, into Rainbow Dash, who had just gotten up. The flying Pinkie knocked her over again, and they both fell in a crumpled heap. Grabbing Twilight and Rarity by their horns, Nightmare picked the unicorn pair up and threw them into their friends. All that remained in front of the princesses was Fluttershy.

"Move." Nightmare said coldly.

"No." Fluttershy responded timidly. She was obviously afraid, but she wasn't just going to give up. "Don't do this. This isn't you. Please, wake up!" She was crying.


"Fool, his time is almost up. He's as good as dead! He can't stop me! If you won't move, then I guess you'll just get caught in the cross fire. Goodbye Fluttershy." He raised his sword above his head. Fluttershy didn't close her eyes. She looked straight into his green slitted ones with tears pouring from her own. When their eyes met, there was a flash in them, and the eyes changed back to their normal, deep sea blue.

"No! This is impossible! This can't be!" Nightmare screamed.

"Nightmare, you really are an idiot you know that? I let you in because of love for another, not greed for myself. Your control over me is weak, you could never use my body to hurt the one I love." Nightshade said, stabbing Black Law into the ground. He kneeled to Fluttershy, and she had a look of amazement on her face.

In Equestria, love has a different meaning than on Earth. If you love someone, it's more than just friendship, it means you consider them to be a part of your family. Love meant mother and daughter, brother and sister, uncle and nephew, husband and wife. Given their relationship, it was clear what he meant. He he wanted to be with her for the rest of his life.

"L-love?" She said weakly. She was still a little afraid, but she was also blushing. She ran and hugged him. He hugged her back, wrapping his black wings around her, then let her go. He stayed in the same position however, arms outstretched, wings forward to provide comfort.

"Listen, I need you to use the elements on me. Don't drive Nightmare out, instead, turn me to stone, while I'm still in control. I only have one minute left in my life, and then Nightmare will take over, because I won't here able to stop it anymore. If I become a statue, I'll be frozen in time. With me in control, I won't try to break free, and Nightmare will be imprisoned in my body for eternity." He said, crying.

"But, I love you! I don't want you to go!" Fluttershy said, crying.

"I love you too, but that's why I have to go. For you, and all those who come after." Nightshade said. Fluttershy understood as soon as she heard those words. He was going to die, so with his death, he wanted to make the world a better place, by sealing Nightmare forever. Then they would never have to live under the shadow of hatred ever again.


The bearers of the elements stood before him, and did not say anything. There was no time. If this was to work, they needed to act now. They rose into the air, the familiar rainbow appearing, striking Nightshade in his heart. He turned to stone with a smile on his face, positioned to forever be embracing and sheltering a pony that was not there. Once it was done, the mane six, Celestia, Luna, and Lyra looked at the statue, and all wept. The Black Law had turned to stone as well, it's spirit gone from it, sealed within the statue it was next to.

Trapped in stone, Nightshade found himself within his mind, and the black cloud of Nightmare there as well. His life only had a minute left, but since he was encased in stone, it never decreased.

"Hey Nightmare, welcome to eternity. You and I will be spending a great deal of time together over the next forever, I suggest you get used to it." Nightshade mocked the spirit of hatred and misery, which raged at him.

"Together, we have the combined power to escape from this prison of stone. Let us do so, and in return, I shall grant you anything that is within my power. Tell me, mortal, what is it you desire?" The spirit asked. Not with a voice of malice or hate, but of fear. It knew it's plan wasn't going to work.

"All that I desire is for Equestria to be happy, and the only way that is possible, is for Equestria to be without you. My body and mind are now your prison, and I am the warden. As long as I keep you in here, Fluttershy, Scootaloo, and all the rest will be happy and safe, which is why you're NEVER getting out."

No WHYYYYYY. Well, this was a short chapter, but I already knew it would be. He's a statue now. Nightmare can never come back. But wait! The story is not over yet! Read the epilogue. I'm gonna start working on it right now!