• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 1,179 Views, 108 Comments

Convergence Series: Journeys - TheGreatEater



Twilight finds a spell that allows the main 6, Celestia, and Luna to take a journey to the depths of their soul and see what destiny really means.

  • ...
8
 108
 1,179

PreviousChapters
Chapter 38: A Journey to the Core

All eight were once again together but rather than being in a room they stood in giant cocoons of light. That slowly carried them to a giant star that radiated all imaginable colors in an ever changing pattern. As the got closer to the light their minds opened and for the shortest time they saw all possible realities, and while the particulars were to many to remember steady themes that defined the core of their being. Their true selves slowly shined through. Awakening an enlightened epiphany from each of them.




Celestia watched all the Millenia she lived, all the times she could have been a tyrant, ruling over her people with an iron hoof. All the times she could be a trickster goddess, forcing those on the planet to deal with the constant stress of pranks done in poor taste that could bring annoyance or destruction. As a predator who forced all around her to worship her mighty marehood. Even ones close to the ones she followed where she strove to protect her ponies from the horror of the world. Throughout all of it was Perseverance. No matter what happened in her life, she persevered. Even when everything pointed to the possibility that she would fail. She never gave up, never let up, and struggled to get back up no matter how many times she was beaten down.




Rainbow Dash was lost in her mind and eyes were hundreds of different lives, tons of different emotions. She saw lives where her parents lived, some longer than others, most of the lives she saw had her leaving home for many different reasons. Some lives as an egg head, and seeing them it made sense, others were a more girly, fru-fru Dash, while some were more darker paths than she had taken. But through out all of those lives, she saw not only the touch of the Elements guiding her, but saw what made her, her. Her Creativity and Ingenuity. Both of which were intertwined intrinsically together in her life to drive her to knew heights. For in all things she put her mind to, in all things she dedicated to herself to she was a Prodigy in that field.




As Rainbow Dash was watching her life one pony in particular came up repeatedly in the multiple lives she lived in Fluttershy. Who at the moment was looking at the multiple lives of her own. While she was used to, and in many lives it was true, being meek. Hiding within herself, only seeing the weakness she had told herself was all she had. She saw what she could have been, and in some universes what she could have been. Strong, independent, not just wrapped up in a cocoon. But the butterfly that had emerged from out of it.




But through wars, and peace. Love and hate. Hidden from the world, and a butterfly like her current Cutie Mark’s name sake was her core. Hers was dependability for in all of lives she was there for those under her protection. Weather it was her animal friends that she took care of, or ponies she cared for. When they were in danger it fueled her greatest power. The power of the Stare. When lives were at stake, even when she thought she was weak and pathetic, she gained tremendous speed and wing power. Even rivaling Rainbow Dash. For those under her protection, for those that she cared for. You couldn’t find a more dependable mare in all of Equestria.




Next was Apple Jack. She was one with the most straight forward of lives. She was a loyal and prideful pony. A pony that stood by her beliefs and pushed ahead with things even when they looked bleak. She was there to lift ponies up, through action, word, or the strength of her own four legs. She was a rock for others to lean on, and was always there for those who needed her most. Even when she was acting pig headed, or was under the influence of dark forces she was steadfast in her devotions. Her core was that of unwavering determination. An underlying thread that worked its way through everything she did for good or ill.




Beside her was Pinkie Pie, or more accurately an army of Pinkie Pies, each one looking upon one another. Pinkie Pie’s mired ancestry, of both Alicorn, beings from beyond the stars, and at one point in the far, far, distant past, Discord. Even if that was never written in the historical archives, it played no small part in the prosperity in their ability to use blood magic to grow gems. Although in some universes she was born in unconventional manners. She is who she always had been. Herself, weather kind, cruel, loving, wrathful, or what ever she was in any of her given timeline. The only word that would ever fit Pinkie was that Pinkmena was Pinkmena, or Pinkie was Pinkie. It was a rare thing to be yourself without masks or deceptions. It was another for your entire being to ascend and become something that described you to a tee.




Twilight’s brain was awash with information. Timelines where her family was of much lesser nobility, where she was loved and supported by all her family. Timelines where her power surge caused many deaths, others where she never became Celestia’s student, she saw many forms of herself, many different lives. Through out all of it was one hunger that she had always had. An insatiable appetite that had hounded her since Fillyhood, the hunger for knowledge.




The newly arrived Rarity and Luna were what seemed to the others to arrive mere moments after them, and as such were the last ones to be pulled to the spectra sun. Rarity felt the light burn against her drained body. Part of the sacrifice for going back was that she was not fully purified, thus the raw purity of the light filled her body with a tingling ache that slowly turned to a slow burn that she couldn’t shake as her mind was opened to the other universes. She saw the many, many universes where she failed in finding the power of Fabulosity. In those timelines she saw sadness, but an inner steel that shaped her. She saw the greatest of goods, and the greatest of evils. But throughout of it, was her Grandiosity. The grandeur and class she brought into all things she did followed her through the various lives she could have been.




And finally there was Luna. From her dalliance with the Elements, onwards. She saw both when her and her sisters roles were reversed with her ruling while her sister was locked away. Times were she ruined the world, and times where Nightmare Moon turned out to be not that bad through the romantic interactions of various incarnations of the Element Bearers. She saw much good, and great evils. But all in all her life was as colorful as her personality. But throughout all of it and the various Elements she could have born what made her, her was her dedication. In all things she picked up, or did she put her entire being into it. Her creativity, her power, her intelligence into it.




As they were absorbed into the Spectra Sun. Their minds and souls awash in all that they are, were, or could have been. They were pulled into the plane of existence that Twilight and Celestia were pulled into with there meeting with the Watcher.

Author's Note:

Who can see the Fic, and Canon Shout outs sprinkled throughout this chapter?

This story is now almost over. Just a few more chapters to go.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment