• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 1,179 Views, 108 Comments

Convergence Series: Journeys - TheGreatEater



Twilight finds a spell that allows the main 6, Celestia, and Luna to take a journey to the depths of their soul and see what destiny really means.

  • ...
8
 108
 1,179

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 20: Fluttershy: Tea for Two

And ran right into her cottage once more. Fluttershy turned to the door to open it. Which turned out to be less of opening it and more of a slamming it open before running outside. Only to be back right where she started. “What the hay! I swear to Celestia if I don’t get out of here I’m going to sick Angel on you!”




“Don’t get your saddle in a bunch. All things happen in good time.” Fluttershy heard a familiar voice behind her. As she turned around she noticed a form of herself that was so shiny that she reflected an aura of yellow light around her like a saintly aura. Her eyes teal flames that danced tranquilly among her silky pink mane.




“Who are you, and why are you stopping me from giving my ‘friends’ a piece of my mind!”




“I’m you silly. As for why. Think about it, the last time you released your darker emotions you became a monster that nearly ruined your friendships. You need to learn ‘proper’ emotional coping techniques. Rather than swing from repressing to exploding.”




“Listen that’s all good, but I can’t stay here. I have things to do. Things to say.”




“I know you do, but have some tea with me first. After all know that your a pony worth knowing it’s time we had a less mentally breaking talk.”




Fluttershy glared daggers at her purer side and plopped noisily on to the seat. Picking up her cup she sipped it. Fluttershy’s face was a whirlpool of emotions. Anger, pain, confusion, and sorrow. All of these vied for dominance on her face as she drank her cup of chamomile tea.




“This place is to show the brighter side of things. I have many memories to show you, as well as many things that you need to resolve. We won’t be able to do everything, but we should get through a lot of what’s been bothering you.”




“Ok. Let’s get this over with.” Fluttershy huffed.




*****************************




Fluttershy sat with Rainbow Dash in her newly renovated Cottage outside Ponyville. Rainbow Dash’s parents had just died and Fluttershy not wanting her to be alone invited her to stay with herself while she recovered. She knew that it would be a long recovery, but ever since she was a foal she hated to see others in pain. As a young Dash cried in the crook of her neck, tears soaking Fluttershy’s coat.




“It’ll be ok Rainbow. I’m here for you,” Fluttershy said while stroking Rainbow Dash’s mane. “I know I’m not your sister, but we’ve known each other since we were in diapers. So we’re practically family. So stay here for as long as you need.”




********************




A small smile lit Fluttershy’s face as she recalled all the long nights that they spent with each other. Taking another sip of tea she let herself taking in its soothing qualities as another memory washed over her. Her white coat, mane and tail turning a dull grey.




**********************




“Hey Rainbow don’t burn the popcorn!” Fluttershy shouted across the room, and this being Fluttershy meant that it was a normal indoor speaking voice for others.




“Don’t worry Flutters. I promise not to almost burn your house down again.” Rainbow Dash said as she took the freshly finished pot of popcorn. Opening the tin foil she drenched the popcorn in one of her favorite condiments. Butter. Once the popcorn was thoroughly drenched in butter and reheated to dry it. She sat across from Fluttershy, sliding the muzzlemits off.




“So Flutters what do you have planned for tonight?” Rainbow Dash was excited because tonight was their game night. While she had learned ages ago to never play the quite game with Fluttershy, not ask her why she got so good at that game. This was one of the few nights out of the week where they just talked, ate out, and played. Acting like little fillies rather than fillies whose lives forced them to grow up faster than they should have.




“Hmmmm .... Monopoly. I’ll be the puppy.”




“Big surprise," Rainbow Dash said playfully rolling her eyes, “I’m going to be the flying horse shoe.”




“Big surprise!” Fluttershy jokingly teased back. Rainbow Dash was the only pony that she felt comfortable around enough to even try her hoof at joking around with. Everypony else made her so uncomfortable that she didn’t dare try anything that might offend them. But with Rainbow Dash she was free to relax a little bit.




The memory skipped forward to that night where a crying Rainbow Dash was nestled into Fluttershy. Fluttershy softly singing to her while holding her in a comforting hug. It was times like this that she missed. The feel of comforting her friend, protecting her from her emotional pain while all that sorrow splashed itself onto her. She then remembered all the nights that she held Rainbow Dash, comforted her, was there for her. Until she no longer needed her for that.




The day that happened was both a sad one and a happy one. Sad because she missed the closeness and importance that it gave her. The feeling like she was for once in her life actually useful to her friend, rather than a waste of space. Happy because it meant that she was a good enough friend that she was able to heal her friends broken heart. Even if Rainbow Dash hid more often since then behind her facade of brashness and a hint of jerkiness, Fluttershy knew that she was still sad, but a lot better than when she first arrived.




**************




“Rainbow Dash never told you, but you probably already know that she appreciated you being there for her. It’s one of the few childhood memories that she actually cherishes,” Fluttershy’s double told her. “So how are you feeling now?”




“I’m still angry, but I feel much better than I did.” Fluttershy said her voice filled with tiredness as the events that lead up to this moment caught up with her. And while most of the others slept after such a mentally exhausting event, her running straight through was taking its toll on her know that she realized what she was about to do, “Oh and thank you for stopping me here before i made a huge mistake. Thank you, thank you oh so much!”




“You’re welcome. Now here’s some more things for you.”




*******************




“Thank you for coming with me Rainbow! It means so much to me.” Fluttershy said practically hopping in place. She had just convinced Rainbow Dash to see the great Butterfly Migration. It was once in a decade event that their migration passed through Ponyville.




“Yeah no problem Fluttershy. You know that I’m doing this because we’re friends, but you owe me a favor one of these days.”




“That’ll be alright,” Fluttershy replied not even listening as she fixed her little safari hat and readied herself for the migration as Angel bunny got the camera ready. “Now remember the should be here shortly.”




As the first in the line of butterflies passed through she squeed as she lifted her binoculars to see all the butterflies that were passing through. “Oh look! Look! Look!” Fluttershy squeeled like a fan filly.




“I’m looking.” Rainbow Dash grumbled. Although Fluttershy heard the grumble she ignored it for the chance of being lost in the same creatures that emblazoned on her flank.




“Look! There’s a Bog Copper, and a Great Spotted Fritillary. Oh! And there’s an E. Tailed Blue. Oh so many beautiful butterflies!” Fluttershy was in butterfly heaven, lost in her own little world as Angel took a picture at just the right moment. The sunlight hitting the wings causing the air around them to look as if they were sparkling. While Rainbow Dash was grumpily staring down at the ground.





************************




“Oh I loved that day. Even though Rainbow Dash tried to use the favor I owed her to go to that big scary Dragon Migration. But still that was an amazing day.” Fluttershy who at this point was starting to regain her color and original demeanor.




“Yes it was. Now we need to have a little talk. I think that it will do you wonders.”




“Do we have to? I mean I don’t want to impose on you or anything. I’m feeling much better.” Fluttershy said around her cup of tea. Trying hard to hide herself behind her mane.




“Yes Fluttershy. You can’t keep hiding behind courtesy and your mane to evade things that make you uncomfortable. It only builds a trap that makes things harder for you in the long run. There are no right and wrong answers here, but you need to face some of your demons before they over run you again. We know that you don’t want to keep accidentally exploding and hurting your friends do we?”




“No we don’t.” Fluttershy said so meekly that it was a barely audible whisper.




“Speak up dear.”




“No we don’t.” Fluttershy said even quiter than the last time.




“Fluttershy you need to have confidence in what you say. So say it again.”




“No we don’t.” She finally said in a volume that could be heard.




“That’s better. Now first of all. Let out all that anger you hold to your parents. I know that what they did was horrible, but speak about it. Don’t keep it bottled in.”




“Fine! You want me to talk about it. Why would they do that to me? I was 9. So what if I could barely fly! If they knew that I could do better they should have helped me like my animals and Rainbow Dash helped me when gathering water for cloudsdale last year. So what if my Cutie Mark was Earth Pony in nature, that doesn’t make me less of a pony. What parents kick their child out for getting the wrong type of Cutie Mark! That’s ridiculous! Then to go on about how killing their child was 'back in the good old days’! Ohhhh I’m so mad I could scream!” Fluttershy ranted before taking a deep breath and letting out a scream that was an octave higher than a whisper.




“Oh I’m sorry! Was that too loud?” Fluttershy asked as she lost steam from her rant on how horrible her parents were to her.




“No that was perfect. Now how do you feel?”




“I feel a little bit better actually. Are we done?”




“Almost one more thing. When you leave this plane of exitance. You’ll need to find ways to deal with your stress as well as confront in a healthy manner those who wrong you. Rather than pushing all that stuff into the corner of your mind. It’s not good for you or anypony.”




As Fluttershy finished her tea. She accepted that she would have to find a way to fix her problems and know that they were thrown in her face before this latest room she was going to fix them. Giving a nod, her body returning to it’s original color and luster as a door popped up beside her.




“Go on to the last room Fluttershy. You have gone far, and I’ll always be there with you to push you in the right direction. Don’t worry, everything will be fine. You’ll see.” Her double said as Fluttershy walked into the light that engulfed her.

Author's Note:

I'm shooting for each 3 section thing is going to take about two weeks to a month to do. So I'd rather be early on a self given dead line than late. Next up is Apple Jack.


Hope you enjoyed Fluttershy's Journey as well as the other's so far. Any comments or criticism would be appreciated. Thank you. Oh and if you have any ideas to make things better let me know, and I'll implement them in the others as I'm working on them.

PreviousChapters Next