• Published 5th Apr 2013
  • 1,518 Views, 18 Comments

Legend of Zelda: The Equine Link - CarmenColor



Two lands... Two hero's... Two fates intertwined... To one destiny.

  • ...
7
 18
 1,518

Plans

As Twilight and her guest brainstormed ideas for how they had to "find" the hidden parts of themselves that the rhyme mentioned, the studious unicorn couldn't help but be fascinated by the way Link acted. He walked slowly and unsurely, his hoofsteps faultering on occation, and he seemed to have no idea how to sit like a normal pony. Then again, Twilight found herself thinking, neither does Lyra. The strange stallion actually did seem as if he didn't belong in this species.

His attire, however, fit his body perfectly, and it was somewhat worrisome to Twilight. If the goddesses of their two universes had thought I necessary for him to posses a sturdy shield and powerful sword, what exactly was she getting into? Would they need those things? Should she have those thing? Perhaps she should run it by him?

"Mr. Link?" she asked, "Why do you carry such dangerous weapons?" He looked up from trying to flip the pages of a book, unsuccessfully, as Twilight noticed. He seemed to have no use of his hooves as she or any of her pony friends did. The tan colored pony gave her a confused look.

"Why wouldn't I carry them?" he asked her, "I find them very important in protecting myself and others around me." The answer worried Twilight.

"D-do you use them often?" she asked, dreading the answer.

"Of course," he replied, as though I were nothing, "I use them frequently on my journeys. Perhaps if I did not get attacked so often, I would not need them so much... Are you okay, Twilight Sparkle?" The unicorn laughed nervously, trying to forget about how calmly he had spoken of danger.

"Y-yes, of course."

"You seem troubled."

"Perhaps just a l-little..." she sighed, "How can you speak of danger like that? Have you no sense of self-preservation?"

"Hylia protects her chosen hero," he said, "as I'm sure your goddess Epona will protect you. You should not fear whilst I am with you."

"Do you think, perhaps, that I should be equipped as you are? We have to do this together, after all, and I'm not a fan of being a damsel in distress." A funny little look crossed Link's face, and Twilight could feel that he was uncomfortable.

"You mean with clothing and weapons as I carry?" Twilight nodded in answer, "But...but you...you're a..." he shuffled uncomfortably, "but you're a girl." Twilight's response was immediate.

"And that means that I can't have something to protect myself with? Magic is good, but there are some places that interfere with magic, even when it is as strong as mine. It may be necessary for me to have a back up plan, just in case." Content with how she had explained her self, Twilight waited for an answer. Link opened and shut his mouth several times.

"I suppose you are right," he said, "but how will you get such things? Your species does not seem equipped for war."

"You're certainly right about that," Twilight said, "but I'm sure we can figure something out. Your tunic should be no problem, however. It's the other things I'm worried about." Twilight magically closed the book she had been searching through. "Come on, I know just the pony." The unicorn trotted out of the library, with Link slowly following, his trots were getting better and he stumbled much less frequently, but he'd rather not make a fool of himself in front of a group of technicolored ponies.

The gaudy building that Twilight led the hero of time to was not what he was expecting. "What exactly does this pony do?" he asked, unconvinced that this really was the place Twilight was looking for.

"She's a seamstress," Twilight said, "And the best one around too. I'm sure she can come up with something." As they stepped inside, Link's doubts grew. This place was full of dresses. How could a pony who makes dresses make tunics as well? "Rarity?" Twilight called.

"Twilight, darling!" A vibrant, flowing voice called back, "Come on in the back, dear. I'm working on my newest creation." Twilight trotted into the back of the shop, with Link following. The pony in the back was also a unicorn, as Link noticed from the floating ribbons and rolls of cloth when he entered the room, and she had a stunningly white coat and carefully styled mane. "Who is this gentlecolt, Twilight? And...what is he wearing?" The unicorn was next to Link in an instant, inspecting his green tunic with a very professional eye.

"Actually, that's what we're here for," Twilight said, "I need you to make me one." The white unicorn raised an eyebrow.

"I shall try my best, I suppose, but I'll need to use the actual thing if you want it done right," Rarity looked at the tunic again, "and you don't suppose you could wash it first, do you?" Twilight smiled.

"Of course," she said, "I'll bring it by later, after it's been washed." Twilight trotted out of the shop again, with Link fast on her heels.

"Why does she need it washed? It isn't that dirty," he insisted.

"That's just her being Rarity. Don't worry about it," Twilight replied as they approached the library again. They went inside and Link went to change out of the tunic in another room. He felt odd without his clothes on, but supposed that I would be fine for awhile, considering that these ponies seemed to have no taboo against nudity. He gave the clothes to Twilight, who promptly got them washed. "Wait, here. I'll be back in a few minutes."

Link watched her leave and laid his shield and sword out of the ground. How was Twilight going to get a sword and shield? More importantly, he figured, was that fact that Twilight Sparkle probably had no clue how to use them, even if she did get them. Link supposed that he would have to teach her, but he barely knew how to use them in his new form anyway. How was he to teach her what he himself didn't know?

"Rarity said she could have it done by tomorrow," Twilight said as she entered the library again, "It would be done sooner, but she needs to improvise the fabric type to match yours." The purple pony noticed the sword and shield laying on the ground. "Which, I suppose, gives us some time to worry about those."

-LOZ-MLP-

Twilight's magic enveloped the sharp sword, her mind searching it, scanning it, learning its every curve and edge. A rectangular block of metal sat on the ground near her, as well as a few other materials that she thought that she'd need. When her magic's eye had finished scanning the sword, she set it down and levitated the block and materials instead.

"I still don't think you should be doing this," Link said, "It seems like something you are not trained to do."

"Well, of course not," Twilight grunted, "Now be quiet or I'll mess up." The unicorn's horn glowed brightly, and a magenta aura surrounded the materials. Link could not see what was going on, but he hoped fervently that it would work. If Twilight was insistent on having a sword and shield to protect herself, then a sword and shield she would need. It was true that she should be able to protect herself if need be. A bright flash lit the room, and as I receded, Link found that the purple unicorn was very skilled at what she did. For now in her telekinetic grip was a gleaming sword with a magenta handle. It was nearly identical to the deep purple handled sword that he knew as his own.

"You really are amazing, Twilight Sparkle," he said, "Has anyone ever told you that?" Twilight put down the sword next to Link's own, smiling slightly at her work, even if it was for something so dangerous. "Twilight, we are going to have to teach you how to use your sword, but first, do you think you could handle making the shield now?" The purple unicorn thought about it for a minute.

"I believe so," she said, turning to face the shield and pile of supplies next to it. In another spectacular show of magical ability, a shield was made. Twilight had even altered the crest on it to the one of the Equestrian kingdom, which she had extensively talked to Link about while they were considering this plan. "There. Now...I am going to put a strength charm on my sword an shield. Do you wish for me to do yours as well?"

"Of course," Link said, "Anything that protects our gear protects us as well, correct?" Twilight nodded, casting a spell over the two sets of gear. They seemed to shimmer more, Link noticed, as stronger things often did in his own universe. "Now, Twilight Sparkle. Are you ready to learn how to fight?"