• Published 4th May 2013
  • 18,599 Views, 289 Comments

The Golden Armor: Part II - Comet Burst



Life seems like it's finally going Comet's way. Yeah right.

  • ...
47
 289
 18,599

A Welcome Return

The two Zodiac guards nearly jumped out of their armor as a scream pierced the still air. Gripping their weapons tighter, they took up defensive poses and glared down the long candlelit hallway. They stood resolutely still, waiting for so much as a shadow to pass by when the scream echoed again, followed by muffled shouting. Cringing, one of the guards took a step forward, but flinched as his partner shifted.

"No, our post is here," she said, flashing her green eyes at him.

The guard tensed for a second before letting out a low growl. He snorted before a third scream came, causing both of them to turn and look down the hallway. A gulp came from his partner before he heard her armor shifting, forcing him to turn around. She held a small turquoise rock in her hoof, tied to a small rope that formed a necklace. The rock sparkled as little wisps of crystals floated off it, allowing the stone to glow.

"Sergeant Star, come in. This is Corporal Lunar Eyes and Full Eclipse," she whispered to it.

Together, Lunar and Eclipse stared at the rock for a few seconds before it pulsed with a brighter light. "This is Sergeant Star. Report, Corporal."

Eclipse glanced up at Lunar as she looked at him. "Sergeant, we heard screaming in the vicinity. Are there any reports of disturbances in our area?"

"What's your current position?" the stone asked.

Eclipse cleared his throat and leaned in. "Fourth corridor, north wing. Positioned outside Philomena's quarters."

A few minutes of silence followed, making both of them tense as another muffled yelling rang out, followed by the cry of a phoenix. Eclipse cringed as he lifted a hoof and poked the rock. He looked back at Lunar and whispered, "You think she heard us?"

"Yes, Corporal, I heard you," the rock replied. "Do refrain from poking the Speaking Stone as well unless you want to take a remedial course in equipment management."

Eclipse closed his eyes and facehoofed as Lunar gave a small giggle. The stone dulled in glow before brightening again. "There are no reports of disturbances along the north wall. Corporal Poppy and Private Star, however, reported the same noise you heard. Poppy is investigating to find the source. Corporal Lunar, conduct your own search of the wing and report back if you find anything. Eclipse, stay at your post until Lunar returns. Sergeant Star, out."

The rock stopped glowing and Lunar quickly stuffed it back behind her armor. Eclipse stared at her as she hefted her spear and smiled at him. "Well, this shouldn't take long. See you in a bit!"

She walked past him, trotting happily before Eclipsed reached out and touched her side, making her stop and look at him. "Hey... be careful," he mumbled.

Lunar blinked, but smiled back and said, "You too."

As soon as she disappeared around the corridor, Eclipse took a deep breath and glanced back and forth, shifting on his hooves. The silence of the castle slowly turned from comforting to unnerving as the minutes trickled by without a noise. While he stood guard, though, his thoughts turned back to Lunar Eyes and a pit formed in his stomach. She certainly was a capable guard and would probably return in a few minutes saying she found nothing, but he couldn't help the feeling that it was a bad idea to split them up. It wasn't like anypony would want to harm Philomena; well, nopony aside from those goofy animal rights activists.

Eclipse forced himself to relax as more silence came from the castle, reminding himself that the screaming might just be echoes of things falling over in some broom closet or the creaking of the floorboards in the Royal Attic. With any luck, it might have just been some silly intruder for them to chase or a new servant who got lost and panicked. Chuckling to himself, he took a deep breath and smiled just before another scream rang out, causing his pupils to shrink.

The scream sounded like Lunar Eyes.

Dread filled his chest as Eclipse turned and bolted down the corridor, turning to face the labyrinth of hallways that wound through the floor. He bolted past them, scanning each hallway as he continued. The more empty halls he passed made his chest tighten as he slid to a stop at the end opposite end of the floor, spinning in place.

"Lunar!" he shouted, listening to his voice bounce around the stones.

Several seconds ticked by, agonizingly slow, until he heard a reply.

"Eclipse! Help!" Lunar's voice rang back.

Gritting his teeth, Eclipse ran back through the hallways, weaving about the floor. Newer sounds began to echo to him, particularly metal scraping stone and what sounded like magical blasts. His heart pounded in his ears until Lunar screamed again, her voice even louder than before. Rounding the corner, Eclipse skidded to a halt as he saw Lunar laying on her back, eyes twitching in fear as a green energy was radiating off of her while some big black creature stood over her, the wickedly curved horn glowing among the neon green mane.

Eclipse's instincts took over as he gripped his spear tighter and ran, leaping into the air as the black monster looked up at him with big green eyes. He let out a shout of his own as the tip of his spear crackled with blue electricity, causing the monster's eyes to widen.


Comet bolted around the room, yelling at the top of his lungs while a gray furball stuck in his mane squeaked frantically. He whipped his head around, trying desperately to throw it from his head as Princess Luna chased him, her face locked in an angry stare.

"Wouldst thou stop already!" she shouted in her Royal Canterlot Voice. "The more thy panics, the harder the royal possum will hold on!"

Comet continued to run around while Angel lay on her back, cackling wildly with several bats and a wolf. Not even in her wildest dreams could she have imagined Comet had such a poor and amusing way with animals when Princess Luna suggested they come over for a playdate. Sure, he had a rocky start with Philomena, but this was far more amusing. She kicked her rear hooves in the air while she held her side, allowing him to jump over her as he kept thrashing.

"ENOUGH!" Luna roared as the tip of her horn glowed. A beam of midnight blue light shot at him, freezing him in place as the possum shrieked louder. Angel managed to open her eyes long enough to see the poor animal be untangled from his mane, making sure to take a few strands of blonde mane with him. Comet winced, but once the pest was removed, he took a few deep breaths as he felt Luna's magic release.

Luna shushed as the possum floated over, gingerly placing him on the ground and watching him scurry off towards Angel. She wrinkled her nose as she turned to Comet and asked, "How did thou ever win the trust of our sister's winged avian with bonding skills like those?"

Comet cringed as he rubbed his scalp, noting the whole situation was feeling oddly familiar. "I-It took some time for Philomena to trust me, your highness."

Luna raised an eyebrow. "Captain Angel informed us you were quite close to her and bonded well with other animals."

Comet threw a glare at Angel, who shrugged and smiled back innocently. "Captain Angel does have a sense of humor, Princess."

"Noted. Now, we do believe it is time for us to assume our regular royal duties now that our domesticated animal partners have had some fun. We thank thee for a most... interesting evening."

Both Comet and Angel saluted as they stood up. "The pleasure is ours, Princess Luna," they said in unison.

Smiling, Luna flared her wings before disappearing in a flash of light, leaving the two alone in the room of animals. Comet turned to Angel and scowled as he trotted past, exiting the chamber with her in tow.

"What?" Angel said, shutting the door. "What was that look for?"

"You know darn well," Comet said, refusing to turn around.

"Oh, come on!" Angel replied, trotting up next to him and nuzzling his neck. "You know why I suggested to her that you should join us."

Comet turned to her and raised an eyebrow. "So you could get a good laugh at me?"

Angel smiled as she leaned up and kissed him gently, nipping her tiny fangs against his bottom lip. She pulled away and stared into his eyes, watching them start to soften. "Because I want to spend as much time with my coltfriend as possible."

Comet grunted as he pursed his lips. "Next time, could we not involve psychotic rodents or a princess?"

"Hey, you were the one that yelled when he crawled up your leg. Princess Luna did tell you not to make any loud noises when she brought us in," Angel said, raising her own eyebrow and leaning on her side. "Besides, Princess Luna needs to see you as not a threat. I did you a favor by getting her to allow you near her pets."

"Yeah, well, if making a fool of myself lessens her suspicions, I think I'd rather be viewed as a threat," Comet said, turning and rubbing his scalp again.

He took a few steps down the hallway when a large weight dropped itself on his back, knocking the wind from him. His legs quivered as she yelped, trying desperately to stay upright while he spread his wings and tried to shake off the weight before he saw Angel's face out of the corner of his vision. "Angel! What the buck are you doing?"

Angel merely snickered back as she leaned back and gave his ear a playful nip, making him jump as she gently tugged on it.

"Angel!" Comet shouted.

"Oh shuff," Angel replied, the tip of his ear still between her teeth. "Cawwy me back like thith."

"What? NO!"

Angel smiled as she pulled the tip of his ear in more, giving it a small nibble and feeling a shudder run down his back. She let her hooves hang around his shoulders and haunches as a sigh escaped him.

"Angel, please get off me," he said in an even tone. "Your guards are still around here."

"Nuh uh!" Angel replied, still hold his ear in her mouth as she shook her head.

"Dang it, Angel! This isn't a game! If one of your guards catches us, it'll be—"

"What? It'd be what?" Angel said, licking the tip of his ear gently. "Juss say I sprain my hoof."

Comet grunted, trying to focus on anything other than the goofy mare on his back. Unfortunately, her playing with his ear made it even more difficult to do so. Rolling his eyes, he began a slow walk down the corridor and glanced back at her. "Can you at least let go of my ear?"

Angel shook her head again, smiling wider as she kept nibbling on it and humming to herself.

"Of course," Comet said, looking back ahead with an annoyed stare. "Well, you better make this up to me later."

Angel opened her eyes as she kept humming and playing with his ear. She smiled again, glad he was completely unaware of what she had planned later tonight. He'd probably be sore and sleepy the next morning, but as long as he put up with her for right now, he'd be a very happy stallion for the next couple days.

The couple grew silent as they made their way back to Angel's office, taking extra care to avoid obvious guarded positions like the Royal Treasury, the Room of Records and the Royal Pantry, which Comet found odd was all positioned so close to Princess Luna's chambers. Still the uneventful night remained as such when they finally arrived at the familiar door. With practiced ease, Angel slid off his back and pushed the door open, looking back at Comet with a sly grin.

"Coming in?" she asked.

Comet stared back at her with a deadpan look. "No."

"You sure?" Angel said, turning back to him.

"Yes."

"Why not?"

"Because Royal Guard regulation Forty Four section B clearly states no fraternization between officers not sanctioned by duty," Comet said with a lazy blink.

"You know darn well we've broken that rule before," Angel said with a small wink. "If we didn't get caught then, what makes you think we'll get caught now?"

"Because," Comet said, his expression refusing to change.

"Oh, shut up and get in here. Besides, I need your help with work anyway," Angel said, turning her nose into the air and trotting in, leaving the door ajar.

Comet sighed as he shook his head slightly, taking a few tentative steps towards the door and pushing it open. He stared at Angel's back as she shuffled some papers on her desk, who paused and looked back at him with her big, beautiful gold eyes. She smiled again as Comet closed the door, raising his eyebrows again.

"So, what do you need help with?" he asked as the door shut.

As soon as the latch clicked into place, Angel had already bolted over and plowed into him, forcing him onto the ground as she kissed him again, pulling him closer to her. Comet lay there as his marefriend assaulted him with kiss after kiss, allowing her to win for now. As she kept going, he sighed again and kissed her back, knowing she would be the end of him. She was brash, energetic and knew what she wanted.

And she was sexy to boot.

Angel gasped for air as she pulled away, staring back into his eyes as she smiled and licked her lips and those adorable little fangs. Comet stared back and smiled as she leaned in again. In the moonlight, she looked even sexier than before and he chuckled.

"What?" Angel asked.

"Nothing. Just amazed by you sometimes," Comet replied.

"Oh? And what's so amazing about me?" she said, pausing for a second. "Besides my usual awesomeness."

"I don't know. Sometimes I wonder how I got a mare like you to like me," he said leaning up and planting a small kiss of her lips.

Angel smiled as she leaned in closer to his ear and whispered, "That's how."

The couple kissed again, this time neither side wanting to move. Under normal circumstances, Comet would cite regulations again and inform her he'd have to get up at a reasonable hour, but he'd worry about that later. Right now, there was a sexy mare atop him who needed some help. He smiled as she pulled away, her eyes glittering again, and he knew tonight would be a good night.

Comments ( 48 )

6759118 6751618 6564703 6525459
I think it's about time for one, don't you?

An update? Wow-wee, Comet.

Happy holidays indeed! My day is now complete. Damn glad to be able to take this out of Deadfics.

And next we knew, Comet had a good bucking night :P

...What double entrendé are you talking about? :trollestia:

Best present o' the day.

6732456 Naw, pretty this story was developed to a point I think the author didn't like, so I believe he deleted all the chapters he felt were bad and decided to start anew on this story. If the chapters s/he were talking about were the ones our lovely batpony were unable to leave her hive-like home thing then they were deleted.

6766625
YAY
I've missed these characters xD

the golden armour returns ^-^

A welcome Christmas surprise.

By Odens beard! It must be a Christmas miracle

Your Human and You AND The Golden Armor II, i guess it really IS Christmas!

Oh my... it actually lives. One of my all time favorite series continues on at last. :fluttercry: I actually shed a tear in joy when I had seen this update.

It lives. Thanks for the update. Good luck with the next part

Before I read this.... Welcome back comet. We've missed you. hope everything is ok. Happy holidays and glad ur safe

6767207 those are the (now) lost chapters. Everything no longer here is there.

I like how in both stories it takes exactly 3 chapters for Angel to get him to have sex. Consistently is consistent. Though, I see another similarity coming, she is (probably) still fertile, and though I'm not sure if she's also in the heat like in the old version, that still equals a foal. This is very similar to the start of the other one, let's see if you can make me like this one more Comet. Still skeptical, but you have my faith, and many chapters to work with.

And not sure how I forgot this, but What the hell happened to the other gaurds?!?!. And I sense that they too are a couple.

6768028 it really is isn't it.

Why hello there, and welcome back!
And you brought gifts! How cute.
And awesome as well - great chapter! So a changeling invasion already. Makes me wonder who won that confrontation at the start, since the 'lings eyes widened in surprise, meaning the crackling spear attack was unexpected.
Oh you, keeping us in suspense.

and sexy times insue

Another great story. Really enjoying it, I'll wait for the next update. :pinkiehappy:

So....When is the next update?

How did i miss this story?!:pinkiegasp:

When is the next update?

3 months without an update... :twilightangry2:

Why haven't you updated in so long? so many people want to see the rest of the story!

Update needed.

Update needed, please Update.

Update please mr Comet

You should make a bonus clop scene between the two.
Imagine how wild angel would be in bed!:rainbowwild:

Oh yeah. And just to continue the line.

UPDATE PLEASE!!!

Comment posted by Blagdaross deleted Jun 4th, 2016

Still waiting for that update...
When 2017 rolls around and no new update is available. I will officially put this in dead stories shelve.

7350152 7274933

Still waiting for that update...

When are you planning to update this story?

Read his bio :rainbowlaugh:

So this is read in conjunction with the Lost Chapters?

I'm Really enjoying the story so far, are you still updating it? :)

7592803

No, this is basically a replacement for The Lost Chapters. The Lost Chapters was originally posted as this story, but I believe the author became dissatisfied with the rather dark turns it took and decided to just restart the thing, moving the chapters in it into a separate story called The Lost Chapters and writing the sequel from scratch. You can read The Lost Chapters if you want to see the original "version" of this story but they're not really read in "conjunction" in any way.

Unfortunately, it's been a while since this has gotten any updates.

Will this story remain incomplete... will it say unfinished forever... I don't want this to be the case as I love these two caricatures and to see this unfinished saddens me so please I know everyone has said it and i know one person like me most likely won't change anything but please update it

Welp, waiting for the next chapter......

And then it was ded

Comment posted by Blackrosemoon88 deleted Sep 21st, 2021

Please counting the story

Seven-year hiatus, wow. :pinkiehappy:

11296219
Make that eight

Login or register to comment