• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 1,902 Views, 31 Comments

The Beast Within - Angel

  • ...
3
 31
 1,902

Revelation

Chapter 1: Revelation

Fluttershy was walking down the street towards Ponyville going shopping for food, when Rainbow Dash crash landed right in front of her, seemingly out of nowhere.

"Eek!" She screamed as she dived for cover in the nearest bush.

Slowly, Rainbow Dash re-composed herself and said "Relax Fluttershy, it's just me".

"Oh... you scared me..."

"You really need to lighten up a bit... I know! How about a race? First one to Sugar Cube Corner wins!"

"Oh, um... I dunno... I was supposed to be shopping for food for Angel..."

"It'll be quick, I swear!"

"What if everyone watches us? I don't wanna embarrass myself, or anything..."

"Relax, It's always more fun with a crowd!"

"Um, if you say so..."

"Ready, set, GO!"

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash took off, Rainbow Dash eager to win and Fluttershy eager for it to be over. A short time later, Rainbow Dash was flexing her wings outside Sager Cube Corner, waiting for Fluttershy to catch up.

Suddenly, Fluttershy touched down next to her and quickly glanced around for any surprise spectators.

"That was awful Fluttershy. I've never seen you fly so slow!"

"Um, I always fly that fast.."

"It was supposed to be a race. As in, fly as fast as you can."

"I'm sorry, I just... um..."

"It doesn't matter now..."

Rainbow turned her head, and her eyes met with Pinkie Pie's. Pinkie was standing behind her the whole time without her noticing. And now it was time for Rainbow Dash to be started.

"Agh!" She screamed as she took cover in the nearest bush.

"Oh, hello Pinkie. We didn't see you there..."

"I was watching your race! You were like WOOSH! and Rainbow was like ZOOOOOM! It was so cool!..."

Pinkie Pie trailed off, blabbering about god-knows-what and making funny sounds and motions with her face and hooves. Rainbow Dash simply face-hooved and berated Pinkie for startling her, yet again.

"Pinkie! You know not to sneak up on me like that!"

"I know, but I was watching your race and it was so COOL!"

"Anyway, Fluttershy. You need to learn to not be so scared all the time. Relax."

"I know, but... I don't like racing that much..."

"Then why did you agree to it?"

"You said it would help, and my friends would never lie to me."

At that moment, Fluttershy felt something. Deep inside her mind. Something she didn't feel often. She trailed off deep inside herself while Rainbow Dash was ranting about racing, and it struck her. She knew in an instant what it was.

Anger, Adrenaline, Passion.

She inhaled deeply, her very personality and expression changing in a split-second at the sudden surge of adrenalin and... And something she wanted to say. Something, she wanted to shout.
.
"Fus..."

"Huh?" Said Rainbow Dash, surprise written all over her face.

"Ro DAH!"

She shouted at the top of her lungs and sent Rainbow Dash flying past Sugar Cube Corner, as Pinkie Pie could only was helplessly, her jaw almost reaching the ground.