• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 12,578 Views, 103 Comments

Ponyville Parents Day - Black Kyurem



Applejack is the only pony of the Mane 6 whose parents are no longer living.

  • ...
13
 103
 12,578

Chapter 6: Shooting Stars

Later that evening at Sweet Apple Acres, after all the excitement had finally winded down, and Babs had returned to Manehattan, Applejack tucked her little sister into bed.

"Good night, Apple Bloom," said Applejack. "If yer ever feelin' down for whatever reason, ah'll always be here for ya."

"Ah love ya, big sis," said Apple Bloom, giving her a hug from the bed. Once Apple Bloom was asleep, Applejack went out into the orchard. She soon came to the place where her parents had been buried, marked with two gravestones, and sighed.

"Ah miss ya both so much," whispered Applejack, as if speaking to her parents. "Ah really wish y'all coulda been here today. Not one day has gone by without me thinkin' about ya." A single tear rolled down Applejack's cheek and she looked up to the starlit sky, just as two shooting stars streaked across. "Thanks fer still bein' here... Ah know you'll always be with me... forever." And then suddenly, Applejack's parents appeared in spirit forms in front of their respective graves.

"We're so proud of you, Applejack," said her mother, Honey Blossom. "And we will always love you."

"Eeyup," said Applejack's father. Applejack smiled as more tears ran down her cheeks. And her parents disappeared. That's when Twilight found her.

"My student has taught me a very important and valuable lesson," said Twilight, approaching Applejack.

"Ah did?"

"Of course. When I first heard about the death of your parents, I was crestfallen. I thought that I couldn't bear to host Ponyville Parents Day because one of my best friends didn't have any parents to celebrate with. But you reminded me that because you're not the only pony without parents that I shouldn't have to stop myself. You taught me that celebrating life and family is what's really important." Hearing this, Applejack blushed.

"Well, ah... Yer welcome."

"And if you ever feel like you need us, we'll always be here for you. We're always here for each other."

"That's a heartfelt promise, sugar cube. And ah'll never forget it." They shared a warm hug and then went their separate ways. Twilight soon returned to the Golden Oaks Library, only to find that Spike was still up.

"Spike?" said a surprised Twilight. "Why aren't you in bed? Is something wrong?"

"Well..." mumbled Spike. "This whole parents day thing kinda got me thinking... about us."

"Us?"

"That day I hatched... you were always there for me... and took care of me. I heard about Applejack's parents... I never knew my parents either. I've lived with you my whole life."

"What are you saying, Spike? You're my number one assistant and friend."

"Yeah, but... I... Truthfully, I... I wish I could see you as more than just my friend." Spike started to tear up, shocking Twilight. "I wish... I could call you my mom... But it wouldn't feel right, would it?" Spike started to cry and rubbed his eyes as his tears splashed onto the library floor. Twilight was touched, but at the same time, she felt sorry for her little friend.

"Oh, Spike..." she whispered. "Spike, come here." Spike ran into Twilight's embrace and wept on her shoulder. "It's okay, Spike. It's okay. You're right, I've always been here for you, especially when you needed me most. Spike, if you want to call me 'mom'... you can. I promise I won't think of you any differently. We've been through everything together... and we will always be together... no matter what. I love you, Spike."

"I love you too... Mom..."

THE END

Comments ( 66 )

FIRST! Awesome fic as always and I like that you tackled the issue of AJ's parents. Personally, I was hoping that they would actually show her parents in AFR but I digress.

You once again made a lovely fic. I started crying after chapter 3 :fluttercry:

Comment posted by moguera deleted Mar 10th, 2013
Comment posted by Black Kyurem deleted Mar 10th, 2013

2238476 Gentle Soul lives in Canterlot, not Ponyville.

2237980 Those shooting stars in the episode were as close as they got. And thanks!

Manly tears have been shed my friend. :pinkiesad2:

2239116 Neither did the Cutie Mark Crusaders and look how many times they got tortured in the series. That wasn't fair either. :flutterrage:

2239152 Therapy is usually for people who undergo psychological trauma or something to that extent. Unless DT and SS went through that phase, they only need to be brought to justice.

2239140 If only... Like, they deliberately teased the CMC... IN... FRONT... OF... APPLEJACK! :raritydespair::raritycry:

...I believe after all this, Applejack and Spike need some deserved huggling!!

Comment posted by moguera deleted Mar 10th, 2013
Comment posted by Black Kyurem deleted Dec 30th, 2013

2238812 By the way is this a sequeal to Canterlot Wedding Aftermath? I mean you had AJ accompany Twilight to Canterlot for her weekly threapy session with Gentle Soul.

Comment posted by moguera deleted Mar 10th, 2013

2239999 Technically, it's not a real sequel, but it does have continuity to Black Kyurem's first story, yes.

A nice ending. No matter how much you miss them, you have to focus on the living and how they need you too, maybe more than ever.

The whole thing is a bit abrupt in places - it could use with padding out of descriptions and longer dialogues but, overall, it's a good story. There are a few minor typos but nothing fatal to the story.

2287503 Oh, AJ still has a happy family. She still has Granny Smith, Apple Bloom, and Big Mac, so it's not she's lost everything. This isn't touched upon in the series because it is normally irrelevant. Fun fact, though. The episode "A Bird in the Hoof" was originally going to be a sad story dealing with loss of a pet or something like that.

2287645 Black Kyurem's true intentions for writing this chapter were to rally a bunch of Diamond Tiara haters in an effort to see the light as to how she's a character who is not fit to remain in the series. The dA user TheMasterofDespair is unfortunately behind a "Save Diamond Tiara" campaign and Black Kyurem does want this to happen because he believes for Diamond Tiara there is no such thing as salvation. Her character must be stamped out and that is the overall point Black Kyurem wishes to make.

2287719 Please point out these typos and Black Kyurem will fix them.

2288308
That's really pretty much rejecting the whole theme of MLP: Friendship is Magic, isn't it? Nightmare Moon was saved, Discord was taught to value friendship, Trixie rejected the path of power because she didn't want to pay the moral price and Babs was shown the error of her ways. It isn't beyond possibility that Diamond Tiara might also realise where she's gone wrong at some point - she's only a child, after all. The only evil character who hasn't been 'saved' is Sombra and I don't think you can seriously suggest that Diamond is on his level of psychopathic evil.

Anyway, it's your story and you should take it the way you want to go and tell the message you want it to tell; that's just a point that I needed to make.

2288311
Final chapter - Twilight Sparkle tells Applejack that "her student" had taught her something. Maybe I missed something but she doesn't have a student in the story. I think you meant "my studies".

2288350 After three seasons and Diamond Tiara has not reformed or anything, so Black Kyurem isn't convinced she's gonna learn her lesson anytime soon. She once stated that she does not care about feelings, which has been the most heartless statement in the series so far. Diamond Tiara alone defies the whole "Friendship is Magic" and putting her in the show to begin with was the real mistake, not Black Kyurem turning her into a spiteful psychopath when she pretty much already is.

You may need to watch the last episode of Season 3 and Black Kyurem is guessing you haven't because Celestia tells Twilight "we're all your students now too". Twilight is now a princess, so her friends are also her subjects having as much to learn from her as she has to learn herself.

2288405

Yeah, I saw FIM's answer to "Once More With Feeling"; you clearly took Celestia's comments about being 'students' a bit more literally than I did.

So what are your plans now?:rainbowderp:

2304090 Well, Black Kyurem has three more stories planned, so they'll be coming gradually.

Are you going to have one of the Mane 5 try to cope with the aftermath of the Cutie Swap? I mean that would create a bit of an identity crisis.

2345474 Then you're in. Black Kyurem is rallying haters to his cause to prove that they're not likely to reform anytime soon.

2346228 Well, they get manipulated and later cast aside like trash in my story. Good enough?

2797584 I think she noticed at the end of "One Bad Apple", actually. Didn't do a thing about it, though. Just got angry.

3106286 Black Kyurem gained a small bit of inspiration to do some of Applejack's dialogue. :ajsmug:

Wonderful ending. Although they are gone, AJ's, Applebloom's, and Big Mac's parents will always live on in their hearts. Also, Twilight finally letting Spike call him mom made me shed liquid pride harder. I jus wish he would have been apart of the family photo. :fluttershysad:

3367981 It's a thing with rich ponies. They think lowly of farm ponies. Well, Black Kyurem is still aiming to rally Diamond Tiara haters to prove that she doesn't deserve second chances, redemption, reformation, or anything. Heh heh heh...

3368175 well your doing a good job so far. and well oddly enough I sometimes read Fics that either redeem her or when she gets her comeuppance so im impressed Her exile I did not see coming.

3402284 Ah, mercilessness. The only way they would learn. :pinkiecrazy:

3402485 and now I have I Dark thought in my head about a Fic that show Diamond tiaras first Year in the private school getting bulled by fellow students for coming from a Poor town. basically giving a taste of her own medicine.

( why is happing to me I never thought of a Fic idea like that before)

3421467 Thoughts of sweet justice, perhaps? In the form of tastes of one's own medicine? Per chance? :pinkiecrazy:

3422578 maybe then again this would have ended in many ways the exile was one of them. it was just an idea besides im not the best writer.

3453235 There's no "real" continuity with any of Black Kyurem's stories, but some events and maybe some characters will be mentioned. Gentle Soul will also return in my seventh and final fanfic here on FIMFiction.net.

Awwww!ITS SO CUTE!But aren't Celestia and Luna somehow related to Twilight? Celestia was Cadences adoptive aunt, so when Cadence married Shining, Twi and Cadence became sisters- in -law. So does that mean Celestia and Luna are something like Twilights aunts-in-law?Is there even such thing as "aunt-in-law"?'

3702395 Well, actually Black Kyurem once heard that Celestia adopted Cadance as her niece somehow, so any relation to Twilight is probably either complicated or nonexistent and certainly not by blood. And in this story, Parents Day is more of a Ponyville thing anyway. Black Kyurem gets what you're trying to say, make no mistake.

3704188 yeah, it seems like A REALLY complicated relation.But I imagine it like a small little pinch to Celestia on how they are related.I think that somehow, they are slightly related.Or maybe, by pony logic, not related at all.To understand ponies, you have to understand pony logic.

3705094 And Black Kyurem does not do pony logic. :moustache:

3705983 that's why you don't understand the ponies.

3706035 Good thing. Black Kyurem doesn't want to. This series about friendship is almost anything but.

Login or register to comment