• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 2,446 Views, 169 Comments

Follow Your Heart - Blue Spark



When some of the worlds population has been changed and the future at times looks bleak, what choice do we have left but to follow our heart?

  • ...
4
 169
 2,446

Terra Bolt II

Follow Your Heart
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic © Hasbro & Lauren Faust
By: Blue Spark

/)\*Sub-Chapter 2*/(\
~Terra Bolt~

We slowly make our way into what could only be described as the greatest store on the planet.

Costco.

Well, that's what my brothers think of it, anyway. Frankly I think Toys R Us is much cooler...

Anyway, we begin to walk in, Momma flashing the old lady at the entrance a card before walking in. She doesn't even give me a glance before she smiles and motions us in.

"I hope you find what your looking for" She says to Mom with a smile.

Momma replies with a nod and a smile as well, probably glad that the woman didn't say anything about me.

I began to feel something weird as my ears... moved? Whoa, this is kinda creepy and maybe a little cool? Hey! I can even hear really far away now!

I aimlessly follow Momma as I try to figure out my ears, focusing in on sounds that I couldn't hear before. A stray bird that flew in from somewhere was now busy squawking loudly as it watched the people come and go from it's perch. I can hear the sizzling of the ovens from the food court as they cooked fresh pizza. Heck, I think I can even smell some!

As I continue on I soon begin to here fainter voices, like somebody was whispering... I stop as I try to focus in on what I was hearing, beginning to make out what a few words.

"... Is that really...."

"... can't believe that they would... Something like that...."

"Was it even HUMAN once?" That one seemed unusually close for some reason...

As I finally stop focussing on my ears and turn my attention to...

Where's Mom?

Suddenly realizing this I look around wide eyed as I try to look for my mother when I begin to notice that everyone was staring at me. Looking around I can see I was surrounded on all sides, people talking, whispering. I can hear it all.

I-I can hear everything!

Everything, why are they whispering about me? Why are they staring? I began to tear up as I tried to find my Mom.

"M-Momma?" I call out.

A few people hear this and instantly they back up a bit, seemingly surprised that I could talk.

"It can talk?"

"How is that even possible?"

"What the hell is it?"

I take a step forward, they take two steps back...

The whispering is getting louder now, all consuming noise. Where am I? Why am I alone? Where is my Momma?

Voices: accusing, anger, disgust, mockery... I can't take it anymore!!!

Without realizing what I was doing I bolted out of the the people who circled me and my my was to the clothes section, hoping to get away from the noise, the voices...

Looking left and right the scenery changes from tall rows full of bulk goods and foods to racks full of jeans, jackets and t-shirts. I eventually sit down and begin to cry, hoping that the noise would go away.

It doesn't but over time it begins to get fainter till the point I can't hear people making fun of me... Or something like that... I'm not exactly sure what they were saying but I know for sure that I didn't like it and that it was nothing good.

I sigh as I hug the thick jacket that I was clinging on too and dry my tears on it, trying to get my emotions under control and grasp the situation.

Alright, so... I currently lost my Mom, which I have no idea where she is.

Where am I? Well, that's easy, looking at the jacket and clothes I was somewhere in the clothes section, probably near the end of the store.

What should I do? Now that was a tough one, I don't know what to do...

"Hey, don't be afraid little bro."

My ears perk up as I hear the words that my older brother once told me when I tried to get over being afraid of the dark. A memory that always helped me when I was scared in any situation.

"Know that I am always here for you, and not just me but all of us, Spencer, Conor, Jason, Paul, Mom, Dad, even Chase. Never imagine yourself alone, even when you really are. Stand tall and proud because know we are always behind you."

I puff my chest out a little as I stand to my full height, which isn't that tall, but is still better than something and look out through the parted clothes.

Axel was right, there was no reason to be afraid.

I walk out into the open and start my search looking for Momma, I wasn't exactly right about how I had no idea where she was, chances are she was somewhere in the frozen foods section. As I make my way over I feel more people staring at me, their whispering getting starting to reach again and making me nervous...

Quick! What was some helpful advice to get out of situations!!!

I then began to remember another thing that Jason told me once to get out of a sticky situation.

"If you ever need to get people to ignore you then you need to make the biggest fool out of yourself in the obvious way, people would just think your trying to make a poor joke, laugh a little and walk away."

"Does that really work?" I remember asking.

He respond by shrugging. "I'm not sure, me and Paul are always long gone once we pull i off."

I hope this works...

I then decide to use one of my brother's favorite phrases.

I take a deep breath and begin the dialogue.

"HEY FOOLS!"

Everyone stares quietly and some even flinch when they hear the volume of my voice.

"I'M THE GODDAMNED BATMAN!!!"

Before I run off and high tail it outta hear, I'm a little curious about their reactions...

Some people just stare mouths open, a few have a confused look on their face, almost half are trying to stop themselves from laughing.

All of them dropped the items they were holding.

Eventually, one man holds both hands up in a surrendering gesture and speaking in a deep, but quite serious voice.

"Watch out, we gotta badass over here!"

Everyone proceeded to stare at him shocked, I was a little suprised too. I didn't think anyone would respond.

"DAMN STRAIGHT!"

And like that I was gone.

Author's Note:

I bet some of you thought when they saw this that it was a new chapter but no... It's not... XD
I really wanted to continue with the actual story but thought it was a good time to add another sub-chapter.
Behold! My work done in under two hours while completely exhausted from soccer practice and college!!!
Now if you'll excuse me I need to sleep...
Don't ever expect a chapter to come out twice over the course of two days ever again you lucky bastards...
Good night!