• Published 8th Mar 2013
  • 2,445 Views, 169 Comments

Follow Your Heart - Blue Spark



When some of the worlds population has been changed and the future at times looks bleak, what choice do we have left but to follow our heart?

  • ...
4
 169
 2,445

Change

Follow Your Heart
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic © Hasbro & Lauren Faust
By: Blue Spark

Inspired by TOOS0BER's “Love and Tolerance”. I have been given permission to run a collaboration with him so please check his story out as well, since both of our stories will intermingle with each other at points. Enjoy.

/)\*Chapter 1*/(\

Change

Change.

We all want it at some point of our life.

We want to change how we look, how we act, or that stupid light bulb that keeps blinking in the refrigerator.

But then again, some of us don't want change or are to cheep to buy one of those long lasting light bulbs instead of the cruddy kind with the bad lighting.

But first, allow me to clarify...

How badly do we want change?

Some people are ignorant, always wanting their lives to change because they think change is exciting, that it will be fun. At almost any normal point in time that is true and most any person would welcome it, seeing it as a new adventure. Well you know what?

This time it's not normal.

And I'll prove to you why you always watch what you wish for.

Especially when that wish relates to magical talking cartoon ponies.

^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^-^

*Beep beep beep!*

Ugh, not again...

I groaned at the infamous cause for my waking up this morning and sluggishly tried to get out of bed. I have no idea why my clock was across the room, maybe because I wanted to ensure that I woke up every morning but I just can't take-

*Beep beep beep!*

God damn it all.

Anyway, I try to get up out of bed to turn it off before I change my mind and smash it with a hammer, but something felt weird.

That or incredibly wrong...

I shrugged it off and chalked it up to morning drowsiness, though that gets kinda hard when you feel kinda funnier than normal when waking up. I mean, we all feel kinda funny but this was abnormal, you know when how sometimes when you wake up and your still tired? Well, frankly, I felt like I just ran a marathon; and I have the sweat to prove it in the sheets.

*Beep beep beep!*

Ewww...

A million thoughts began to enter my head as I grew more aware, thoughts like; Why the hell is it so damp? Why the hell does it feel like my muscles are burning? Why the hell am I so sore? And why the hell does it feel like my back is now an ant farm!? AND WHY THE BLOODY HELL IS THE GODDAMN CLOCK STILL BEEPING!?!?

As you can see, hell is a favorite word in my vocabulary.

I threw off the covers and sat up, throwing my legs out to the side so that I slid out of bed in one fluid motion due to experience.

Now, usually, I could do this with my eyes closed; half asleep or not. Don't worry about me, my bed may be a few feet off the ground but my insane hight usually compensates for that. You see, despite being the the third oldest child out of six, I'm the tallest, a whopping 6ft 3in. I can pretty much touch the ceiling in my house by reaching up, I can stand over anybody in a conversation and I'm also the one people go to when a light bulb in the house needs to be changed.

*Beep beep beep!*

Did I just get smaller or did my bed get taller?

For some reason I fell farther than I expected, sliding down the coverings a bit before forcefully landing on my already sore feet and stumbling a ways.

I already felt like crap, now I feel like shit.

I yelped out in alarm as I comically tumbled from my bed to the door that rested a few feet away, hitting it quite hard.

“Owww... That smarts.” I whined in a girlie like voice while rubbing my face with a hoof.

No, wait, that's not right, it's supposed to be a hand.

I looked down at my hoof, which was blue.

*Beep beep beep!*

Nope, I had it right the first time.

Tick tick tick ding! Running Brain.exe

“Wait a minute, I don't have hooves.” I said frowning.

My eyes went wide.

“My voice doesn't sound that high pitched either...”

Panic began to become apparent in my voice as well, it seemed.

“A-and I'm not supposed to be blue!”

I proceeded to scream like a little girl.

*Beep beep beep!*

I soon heard movement as several people almost instantly woke up and I clamped my hooves over my mouth, my eyes wide.

“What was that!?” My Mom called in a sleepy but stern tone from the bedroom across the hall.

More people began to wake up in the house and in a sudden feeling of not wanting to be seen I immediately slammed the door shut with more force than necessary, baring my back against the door as I began to hyperventilate in my panic. Due to the more noise that made though, more people began to wake up and I eventually heard several footsteps make it to my door.

*Beep beep beep!*

“Honey, are you alright in there?” My Mom knocked, concern in her voice.

“Turn the bloody alarm off!” My Dad shouted, sounding annoyed that he woke up so early in the morning.

“Um, uh, um...” I began to sweat some more in panic.

I quickly stumbled over to my clock, trying to run as fast as I can on four legs, and reached as far as I can to touch the button on the top. I began frantically hobbling up and down to reach it but, well... I'm really not sure what I was doing exactly, throwing my weight against the drawer would be the better way to describe it.

*Beep beep beep!*

“I SAID TO TURN IT OFF!” My Dad shouted, now sounding outraged.

The sudden shout and sheer volume caused me to shoot straight up in the air in fright. Luckily, though, I still had enough sense left to hit the button on my way back down, turning the alarm off and tumbling again because I landed on three legs.

“Maybe he got a c-”

“I'm fine!” I shouted a little too quickly, cutting one of my brothers off as I got up hesitantly.

“Are you sure? Cause if you-”

“Nononononono! I'm perfectly fine, nothing wrong in here!” I said, hoping that they would believe me so that they would go away.

“So I guess that explains why you scream like a little girl.” I heard a high five through the door, probably from Paul and Jason.

As I could hear my Mom scolding them from their side of the door as I was about to make a retort, but I was interrupted when I heard somebody scream. Judging by the sound of it though it came from the basement so that meant it was...

Conor!

Despite how worried I felt when I heard my brother's scream I felt a little better hearing everyone's footsteps leave the hallway and go down the two flights of stairs to bother his room now. I sighed as I sank to the floor, relief filling my body, only to be replaced by sheer horror at what happened to me. I got up and was about to lock my door when a predicament arrived.

How am I supposed to lock a door without hands?

I stared at the lock and then at my hooves, I swear to god it's like they're laughing at me. I contemplated on maybe using my mouth or maybe nudging over the lock with my nose but felt like it wouldn't be worth the effort since I would have to unlock it when I wanted to leave. I didn't have to worry about opening the door though since just about all the doors in the house had handles instead of knobs. I tried shuffling a little, fight and flight instincts already gone from my scare, moving away from the door slowly and out in the open area of my room. I then proceeded to look myself over and investigate the new changes of my body.

As it turned out, I was a horse. Well, not exactly a horse, a pony; the specific kind from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I'm a brony so I felt a little better at least knowing that I knew what I was. I even felt a little excited, I always wanted to know what it was like to be a pony. But anyway, off topic, from what I could see of myself I still had on my PS3 pajamas so most of myself was covered up. If I looked at my arms-no, wait, that would that be a foreleg now? Well, either way, I was a dark, navy blue. Looking into my mane, from what I could see of it in my eyes; some of it was a dark brown, surprisingly the same color as my previous hair, as well as some of the blue that matched my coat as well. I soon heard exclamations of shock and voices of worried concern so I decided now was the time to man up and just go out there to see what's up with Connor.

And confront what happened to me, of course, how could I forget that...

I slowly walked over to the door, practicing and memorizing the pattern of my steps and made it too the door. Good, that was easy, next is to open the door. All I had to do was just nudge the handle up with my... Nose? Snout? Muzzle? Not sure, may want to talk to a horse doctor after this...

Anyway, door opening; also successful.

“This way too easy I mean really, my house was made for a...”

I looked at the stairs leading to the 1st floor of the house.

“Spoke too soon.”

I looked down the stairs and placed my hoof on the first one. There was an immediate shift in balance and I tensed up, ready to fall, but when I didn't I slowly placed another hoof and then another. Pretty quickly I had a pattern set up and was almost trotting down the stairs. Seriously, again, way too easy. But I feel like I'm forgetting something, oh look, a wall! I better stop...

How do I stop?

I could only watch in sheer terror as I was going at a steady speed at an angle towards a wall that bended around to lead to more stairs. A loud thud and sudden stop later and I had earned myself some cool bruises RIGHT ON MY FACE!!!

“O-owww...” I whimpered, rubbing my nose.

Face bashing seems to be an occurrence for me, better be more wary in the future...

I turned slowly and made my way to where the next set of stairs were, this time descending at a much slower pace and watching my step. That'll teach physics to mess with me, by not getting my face bashed in by walls and/or doors. Yeah, good plan. As I neared the bottom I heard voices coming from the family room.

“I-I just don't understand how this could have happen!? I mean, I just- I don't even know how but it's him, I swear... Just, why is he a horse?” I heard Conor say and I froze in my tracks.

How did he know I was a pony!? He was all the way down stairs and he couldn't have peeked in while I was in my room, unless he came in the middle of the night. But then he would be panicking then, so why would he... Wait, what if-

“He's not a horse, you know. He's a pony. At least you can still recognize him, though. Guess he really is still your son.” I heard my other older brother reply.

Now, you might find it strange that Axel said “son”. Truth be told though, he's right. The reason why Conor's still living with us at the moment is because he's taking care of Chase who really is his child.

Wait a second, if he mentioned something about Chase so that would imply-

“Daddy, my tummy hurts...” A pitiful whine broke my thoughts.

Now I had a sure gut feeling that my suspicions were correct, and if I can put voices to faces then the other transformed occupier of the house is...

I peered around the corner, careful to not ram my head into it, so that I can get a good look on the situation, despite my serious lack of height at the moment I could still get a good view of the room. Dad sat at the table with a cup of coffee and a shocked expression on his face. He was staring off into the distance, mumbling something or another about paying college for a horse. Mom, was next to him, rubbing his shoulder and whispering comforting words into his ear. Paul and Jason were quickly talking to each other in whispers and glanced in what was Axel and Conor's direction. Conor sat on a chair, a stupefied look on his face and was talking to Axel about something, all the while petting a My Little Pony plushie, to my surprise.

Since when did Conor get a plushie? And one at that size anyway- wait...

Oh my god it just moved.

I stared wide eyed at the little doll as it began to wiggle from where it sat and made quite an adorable yawn while rubbing it's stomach, several gurgling sounds coming from it.

“Daddyyyy, I'm hungry!!!” I heard Chase's voice come from the tiny foal's mouth as as it began tugging on Conor's chest.

Oh my god again, it's Chase!

He looked like, well, a foal! An actual, adorable, foal from MLP: FIM. He had a yellow coat, similar to Spitfire's, and a sky blue mane and tail. His mane was short, just like it was before when he was a pony but now it was a little long too so it actually fit him surprisingly well. The icing off the cake though was that he was a Unicorn too, so there was a cute little bump sticking out of his head. Damn, the little bugger was fucking adorable!!!

“Shhh. It's okay, we'll get you something to eat.” Conor looked to Axel with worry.

“Dude, seriously, what do I do? I don't know what hor- er, ponies eat but I don't think they can eat most of the stuff he likes anymore, right?.”

“Chill out, he's a herbivore now so he can't eat anything that's meat related, and since he's in a new body, a pony one at that, I'm not sure how his body would react to preservatives so that's also out...” Axel paused in deep thought.

Now felt like a good time to intervene; If I knew Axel he would somehow convince Conor to let Chase eat flowers and I don't think Mom would like a growing foal eating her petunias at all. The only problem now, is how do I go about this? Do I just announce before hand? Or do I just get it over with? Maybe I should go in really quietly and they'll notice me at the last minute?

In the end I just decided to suck it up and too a deep breath, raised my posture into a confident stance and in the best deep voice as I could in my new body put my two cents into the conversation.

“I know what your thinking Axel, and don't even try it. It's stupid, and Mom will be pissed as hell; Just give him some carrots and he should be fine until somebody goes to the store or something.” I said, walking into the room and pretending that I wasn't turned into a pony, which is actually surprisingly hard.

Axel turned and looked as if he was about to make a snappy comeback but froze when he locked eyes with me. Everyone froze what they were doing and stared at me. It was now that I realized that since BOTH my voice and body changed that they might not recognize me... Well fuck.

Anyway, I kept walking my way to Chase and ruffled his mane a bit with my hoof.

“Hey Chase, how's it going?” I said in that cheery voice that everyone uses when they talk to a four year old.

Conor frowned a little and raised a hand to smack my face or something, unknown creature and all, but stopped when Chase rose from his lap and hugged me around the neck.

“Spencer!” He shouted happily.

Everyones jaw literally dropped, or at least I think the drop. I know I heard something hit the floor so it was either somebody dropped something or peoples mouthes are now unhinged and are getting to know the floor quite well.

“S-Spencer?” Conor broke the silence, staring wide eyed at me but soon it turned into confusion.

“Is that really you?”

“Yeah, it's me.” I smiled sheepishly while rubbing Chases back; the little guy just didn't want to let go yet.

He soon let go though and looked back to Conor.

“Daaadddyyyyy.” He said in a whiny voice and with the most adorable eyes I've ever seen, or at least I would have seen if Chase's wasn't turned away. I could tell they were extremely adorable because Conors eyes just went wide and he seemed to zone out for a second.

“Um, yeah, sure kiddo.” He picked him up and set him on the floor as he got up and went into the kitchen; obviously to get those carrots that I mentioned earlier.

It's at this moment that my Mom walks up to me and kneels in front of me. She looks into my eyes for about a minute. Without blinking. I was truthfully beginning to feel pretty self conscious about myself and was going to take an uneasy step back when she suddenly flew her arms around me into a hug and began to cry into my shoulder.

“Oh my baby, my sweet, sweet, baby.” She began to stroke her hands through my hair while she quietly cried.

This came as a complete shock to me and I began to instantly calm down. I mean really, it felt wonderful for some reason. I guess she was doing it sub-consciously because she just kept going. Maybe it was some kind of coping mechanism? She's actually taking this better than I thought, truthfully. I mean, how would you react when one of your kids got turned into a colorful horse?

“Hey, it's okay Mom. I'm alright.” I stopped trying to deepen my voice and tried to sound as, well, I dunno. It sounded actually motherly due to my voice being unusually high pitched compared to what it used to be. Kinda ironic, really, looking at this situation.

I'm wondering why Chase's voice didn't change too, actually...

Both Paul and Jason's eyes went wide at how my voice sounded. Wow, it must've changed more than I thought.

“Seriously, bro, what happened to your voice?” Paul said.

“Yeah, you almost sound like a-” He was cut off when Axel came out of no-where behind them and put a hand around their mouths and began to pull them back.

“You'll have to excuse us for a moment, I have some thing important to talk about to these guys.” He put pressure in the word serious and began to pull both of them back, probably into the basement where no one can here their little talk.

I took a look around the room and I finally noticed that someone wasn't here.

“Hey guys, where's Terry?” I said aloud.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up in surprise, sudden realization coming across their face.

“You don't think...” Mom began to say, thoughts of I dunno what going through her head at a thousand miles a minute.

“Maybe he's still asleep?” Conor said, walking back in the room with a bag of carrots.

He fished his hand in the bag for a second before pulling out a few baby carrots and giving them to Chase. He greedily grabbed them with his hooves, which made our eyes go wide in surprise, and began to happily munch on them. They were gone in ten seconds flat.

“Can I have another, Daddy?” He said, looking back up at Conor.

“Sure squirt, lets just go quickly check on Terry, okay?” He set the bag down and scooped Chase up as we began to make our way towards the stairs, me albeit slowly since I was still not used to my new legs.

We met Paul, Jason and Axel at the stairs. Mom, Dad and Conor went up first, then Paul and Jason, but before they started to climb the stairs they glanced back at me before rushing up to the top.

Huh, that was weird though, the looks on their faces was looked to be akin to pity or something... Well, kind of understandable, being turned into a pony and all. Anyway, I stopped at the steps as Axel began to climb, thinking on how I was gonna do this. He noticed I had stopped though and stopped too, turning around to face me with a look of worry.

“Hey, you okay?” He said, concern evident in his voice.

“Uh, yeah. Just trying to figure out how I'm gonna do this.” I said, raising a hoof a bit, thinking that once I start it would come naturally.

Seriously, how much harder is it to climb up stairs than to go down stairs? My body was so eager to go down stairs just a second ago. I swear, if there was a climbing down stairs race then I would totally get first prize.

What the HELL did I just think???

My eyes slowly got wide at the weird thoughts going through my head but Axel probably took it as my sudden realization that I didn't know how to climb stairs. He sighed and I yelped when he scooped me up like a dog. Not used to the quick change of height in my new body I instantly grappled his neck with my hooves.

“W-what the hell are you doing!?” I almost shouted, completely scared of being held like an animal.

I mean, really, I know I changed but does that mean I can get man handled? Preferably not! Also, what if I fall? How do even animals find this to be okay!?

“Relax,” He said, rubbing my back to calm me down while climbing up the stairs. “It's just till we get to the top...” He trailed off when his hand touched something on my back.

Something unfamiliar.

It felt weird, foreign almost, but it also felt like it belonged there as well. I tried to move my head to take a look but apparently Axel gently squeezed it, somehow, and my back erupted in an explosion of pain. Oh my god, it hurt so much, spots of colors formed in my vision and it felt like somebody just stuck a soldering iron in my back and left it there. I kicked myself away from Axel but in my haste I forgot that I was at least a good few feet above the ground still and dropped like a pebble.

“Ow!” We both exclaimed at the same time, him rubbing his chest and me huddled on the floor, curled up in a ball.

The pain finally began to recede a little bit from my back but now it felt like somebody was poking it with a thousand needles. It was as if my foot was asleep, except for some strange reason it was my back. Paul came in the hallway, a confused look on his face, but when he saw me on the ground he quickly rushed over and put a hand on my shoulder but I instinctively flinched back.

“What happened?” He said worriedly.

“I dunno. One moment I was carrying him up the stairs and the next thing I know I got the wind knocked out of me.” Axel replied.

He stopped rubbing and carefully made his way over to me, trying to figure out what was wrong. Frankly, I was getting pretty scared and confused right now, I have no idea why I lashed out at him and I whimpered as I tried to get up, the pins and needles now turning into a restless itch. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with my back?

“Hey, I'm sorry if I-” I cut him off with a grunt and began stumbling into my room, my pajamas now clinging to me at an odd angle and feeling VERY uncomfortable.

“It's not your fault.” I said, turning to look at them. “But for some reason my back itches like hell...” I paused to try and somehow relieve the itch in my back but I just couldn't seem reach it.

“Can, uh, can you guys help me take these off?”

Axel's eyes went wide while Paul started blushing furiously. They just stood there, dumbstruck until I broke them out of it.

“Oh come on! It's not like your gay or anything.” I said, a scowl appearing on my face and I turned away to hide the blush that was slowly creeping up my face as well.

“Not like there isn't anything wrong with it if you are.” I tried edging them on, I knew it was a sorta cruel joke but you'll have to excuse me since I currently have the itch of Satan on my back.

Luckily, Paul took the bait and quickly snapped out of it.

“Whoa, low blow man. But yeah, If you need me to...” He trailed off and walked toward me, holding his chin in his hand as if in thought, probably to figure out how to take them off.

Axel walked up too, composed as well, and looked me up and down.

“I think we'll have to cut the shirt off, your head looks too big to pull it off.” He deducted.

“Yeah, sure, whatever, fine, just do it!!!” I had my head turned around and tried to pull one end over my head with my mouth.

Axel sighed and grabbed either side of the collar and with a mighty pull tore it so that way it may be removed. Paul came around and deftly pulled my pajama bottoms and boxers off. Soon the articles of clothing were gone and I stretched a little, no longer confined and finally feeling relieved as the itch was disappearing. I turned to give my brothers thanks but they both stared at me in shock, Paul looking really surprised while Axel stared in awe.

“Hey, what is it? I don't have anything on my face, right?” I said, screwing my face up and looking at my nose, I stopped though when there was a ruffling sound and I felt a quick flutter of feeling on my back.

I paused in surprise, my eyes wide. I looked up to Axel and Paul but since they were in front of me they couldn't have touched my so then what...

“Dude...” Paul finally breathed.

“Bro, your not gonna believe this but-”

I quickly turned around and looked at my back.

“-you got wings.”

Author's Note:

Whooo, finally did it! :D
It took me months to get this started up.
I hope you all enjoy it, but I'm really slow at writing this stuff.
I'll try and work faster since I now have the story up.
Furthermore, thanks to TOOS0BER for letting me work on this, if you haven't seen his work "Love and Tolerance" check it out here!
Anyway, wish me luck!!!