• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 3,465 Views, 199 Comments

Spike's Journal - WorkingClassWriter



Twilight gives Spike a journal. He is not amused. Nevertheless, he shall write whatever happens to him and his friends in it, no matter how strange. Covers S1, with bonus chapters from the CMC.

  • ...
6
 199
 3,465

Party of One

Spike's Journal

Written by The39Ponies

Edited by cwiis

Party Of One

Dear Diary,

Last week, Pinkie Pie invited us to her pet alligator Gummy's birthday party. I have no idea where Pinkie got him. Nor why Mr. and Ms.Cake would allow Pinkie to keep him. Well, to be fair, he is pretty cute. Plus, he has no teeth. Come to think of it, Gummy is a greener and less intimidating version of me. Huh.

The party was pretty fun to attend. The next day, however, something mysterious was going on. For some reason, Twilight left me and Owlowicious to stay in the library alone that day. Which was a bit uncomfortable, because I still wasn't on completely good terms with the owl. Still, I was pretty much free, so I wasn't complaining.

Then, when Twilight came home a bit for lunch, Pinkie showed up. She asked us to come to Gummy's after-birthday party or something.

___________________________________________________________________________

Unique Equine Facts #18:

Almost everyday is a holiday for mares. Even if they have to make one up. This is very true for Pinkie.

___________________________________________________________________________

This time, Twilight declined, saying she had to go hit the books or something. Which was weird, considering that Celestia wasn't giving her a test or something that week, at least to my knowledge.

That afternoon, Twilight went out again. I had just finished a book, and I was feeling pretty bored. I decided to go window-gazing with Owlowicious. We saw a bundle of hay with sunglasses and a big nose and jacket pass by. We stopped after that, deciding we'd seen enough weird stuff for one week.

In a few hours, however, Pinkie showed up at the library. She pulled me in a corner and presented a big plate of jewels to me. Before I could get it, however, I had to "talk".

I decided to talk about the weather. However, she wasn't satisfied (probably because I accidentally said it was spring instead of summer). She told me to tell her about our friends. I described Twilight and Rarity for a few minutes, but she still wasn't satisfied. Frustrated, she told me to "confess".

Since Pinkie was scaring me like heck, I immediately confessed my deepest, darkest secrets. That still wasn't what she wanted. Scared, I told her to tell me what she wanted me to tell her. She wanted me to tell her that our friends were lying to her because they didn't want to be her friends anymore. I did so.

At first, she seemed victorious. However, in about a few seconds, her hair suddenly deflated. Her pupils also got slightly bigger, too. However, I was too busy eating the gems to do anything. It wasn't until she left with our flour, turnips, pails, and a ball of lint that I knew something was wrong. Oh yeah, her face was half sad and half crazy at that time.

Panicking, I thought the world was coming to a end. I hid under the table and waited for my fate.

Nothing happened. At around ten, Twilight saw me. Turns out the world wasn't ending. You see, today was Pinkie's birthday. The gang decided to throw a surprise party for her. However, Pinkie thought that they had ditched her. The reason why she didn't invite me to the party was because she didn't want me to sleep late. Frankly, I was quite glad I didn't go to the party for obvious reasons.

Today, I learned that although Pinkie Pie is usually nice, she isn't probably an earth pony. Or even horse. Nor Equestrian, for that matter.

-Spike