• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 3,465 Views, 199 Comments

Spike's Journal - WorkingClassWriter



Twilight gives Spike a journal. He is not amused. Nevertheless, he shall write whatever happens to him and his friends in it, no matter how strange. Covers S1, with bonus chapters from the CMC.

  • ...
6
 199
 3,465

Fall Weather Friends

Spike's Journal
Written by The39Ponies
Edited by cwiis

Fall Weather Friends

Dear Diary,

Well, I knew that AJ and Rainbow Dash were kinda friendly rivals of sorts, but I never knew they'd take it this far. Last week, they asked us to help out with their own Iron Pony competition. Which interrupted my fence-building, dang it. Oh well, this would be a lot more fun.

At least I thought so. That didn't seem the case after all, because they ended up using me for a few of their torture sessions games, including a lassoing contest and a bull-riding-type-thing. Meanwhile, Twilight was the referee. I mean, she didn't even do anything to stop them!

The other contests were pretty fun to watch, though. Since my services were no longer needed, I decided to take the role of announcer. A crowd had since formed, so why not?

In the end, Rainbow Dash won. Well, that was because she used her wings to win. In other words, she cheated. I think I'm starting to like Applejack a bit more. Sure, she's brutal, but at least she's honest.

Also, when AJ and RD were arguing, everypony was sitting in a corner doing nothing. Nopony even tried to pull them apart.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Unique Equine Facts #13
If something happens and it doesn't affect the entire nation, non-involved ponies just sit back and do nothing. Lazy jerks.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyways, they decided that they would settle their feud at the Running of the Leaves mareathon the day after, and make that the official Iron Pony game. Rainbow wouldn't be allowed to use her wings during the mareathon. If she did, it would be grounds for instant disqualification. Naturally, Twilight was interested by the addition of rules and regulations, so she joined as well. Which made AJ and RD laugh at her. Er, never mind what I said about liking AJ.

I was going to be the referee of the game, but as it turned out, Pinkie Pie beat me to it. Well, fair's fair. She did supply me with that potion. Plus, she let me be a sub-referee. All the fun of being a main referee with only half the calories announcing! I think that out of the Elements of Harmony, I like Pinkie the most next to Rarity. And Twilight, of course. Gotta love ya, Twilight. Just gotta.

We watched the game from Twilight's Twinkling Balloon (we got it as a thanks for saving spring). AJ and RD did fairly well, but after about five minutes of watching them, I got bored and started watching Twilight. She did surprisingly well. In fact, out of about two hundred ponies, she made it into fifth place. Not bad, huh?

Just when Twilight was receiving her medal, I noticed that neither Applejack nor Rainbow Dash was in the top 20. Which was very unlikely. They weren't even in the top 30, either. Or 40. Or 50. By 70, I knew something was very wrong. I really hoped that Rainbow and AJ just stopped to argue, maybe even eat some leaves or something.

By #198, they still hadn't passed. Celestia was just about to search for them (she attends the Running of the Leaves every year) when they finally crossed the finish line. They looked all dirty and sweaty. Very sweaty. And the tape surrounding Rainbow's wings was gone. I don't know the full story of what happened, but I'm guessing she cheated again.

Today, I learned that cheating will prove to be nothing but trouble.

...Wait, did I just smell... character development?

-The New Spike (sorta)