• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 5,907 Views, 89 Comments

A mother's choice and consequences - Punsz



After her plans were ruined her hive now in destruction all shes has left are two young changeling. Will the choices she make now be for the better of her last remaining children or will she lose them again?

  • ...
20
 89
 5,907

Chapter 2

My vision was a blur once again, but this time it was due to the blaring light from the morning sun filtering in the library’s windows. I stretched my neck and legs tiredly, and I realize that Chirp is now missing from my side. In a worried hurry I rolled to my belly and looked around the small living room to find my sleeping changeling still resting on the bed the only changeling still within the room other than myself. My ears flick up, hearing a small cute chirp coming from another room. I rose to my hooves and followed the sound and found myself entering what looked like a kitchen; it was small, but it did have a sink, fridge, stove and a small round dining table. I saw Chirp sitting at the table happily eating pancakes. In all honesty we changelings have no need for ordinary food since all we need to live off of really is love. Even so we do like to enjoy a tasty treat once in a while and as such Chirp was happily chewing on her pancakes. I saw the lavender unicorn at the stove making more pancakes, and she turned to gave me a warm smile.

"I see you’re awake." She said warmly. I gave her a cold stare trying to figure out what she was planning. "I've made some pancakes; would you like some?"
I turned my head to the side in disgust.

"Why would I, the queen of the changelings, want to eat such filth?" I spat in disgust at the offer. A small chirp caught my attention, and I saw Chirp looking up between me and her plate of pancakes. She pushed the plate aside before making a sad expression as she looked back at me.

"Bad?" She chirped. I sighed and lower my head next to hers.

"No my child, your mother just does not wish to eat right now." I said as I nuzzled her cheek. "You may continue eating." She made a happy chirp, pulling her plate back towards her and continuing to devour the plate of pancakes. I stood next to her as she ate her pancakes with joy making small happy chirping noises with every bite. I looked up at the lavender unicorn washing up soiled dishes. As she cleaned a small grin formed on my face as I remember my plans for revenge on her and her friends. This act of kindness to me and my two children will be the end of her, for Ponyville was full of love; there is so much love here it could power me for years. I quickly hid my grin as the lavender unicorn turned around.

"How was your night?" She asked. I did not make eye contact with her, keeping my eyes on Chirp who was happily lapping up the small remnants of syrup on her plate. I licked my hoof and rubbed off small bit of pancake that remained stuck to her face. She happily chirped as I wiped her face, leaning into my touch. "Um are you feeling alright?"

"I am better, but no thanks to your force field which blew me and my children away!" I spat angrily.

"Hey!" She yelped, stomping her hoof to the ground. "You were trying to take over Equestria!"

"To feed my children!" I yelled back.

"Yeah, by disguising as other pony who were loved!" She took a few steps towards me. "One of which was my now sister-in law and the other my BBBFF!"

"BBFBB what?" I said confusedly.

"You mind controlled my Big Brother Best Friend Forever!" She yelled, growling and grinding a hoof against the floor. All of our yelling came to a halt when we both heard a small cry coming from the table beneath us. Chirp had been sitting in the middle of the whole argument. I knelt down to her, trying to comfort her with what I hoped were reassuring nuzzles; she let out small chirps, rubbing her head on mine.

"…You really do care about her, don't you?" Twilight asked distantly. I turned my eyes from Chirp, looking at her irritably.

"Of course; even when I had thousands of children I loved every single one of them." I pulled my head away from Chirp’s and glared back at the unicorn. "What I do is for the best for my children, none are of greater importance to me than they are." As Chirp sniffled, drying her tears I picked her up from her chair and placed her on the ground before sending her back to the room where her brother lay resting. After watching Chirp scurry off, I sighed and turned to face Twilight. "I assume you have told your princesses about me by now?"

"No." She said. "I'm not sure why I didn't though."

"And why is that?" I asked, taken aback by her reply. She looked at me with an expressionless face.

"Well… these past few days changeling have been… well..." She paused, not making eye contact with me.

"They have been what?" I asked curiously. She walked to a nearby cabinet and pulled out what appeared to be the daily pony newspaper.

"Look for yourself." She said, placing the newspaper on the table in front of me. I lifted the paper with my still weak magic and read a small notice box on the front page.

'Any changelings discovered are to be sent to the guardsmen barracks for trial and sentencing to be imprisoned for crimes against Equestria.' My heart stopped as I saw the pictures of my children locked in cages being pulled away by a cart. I looked back up at Twilight in disbelief of all this.

"That is why when I saw you caring for the young changelings I just couldn't do it." She said before giving me another small but genuine smile. "I know that I’m probably the last pony you want to trust right now, and that you most likely hate me, but I don't want anyone to be locked away and caged like some wild animal; not even if they're changelings."
Stunned by this turn of events, I placed the paper down and walked past Twilight, heading towards the room where Chirp and her brother were. As I entered the room, I saw Chirp sitting next to the bed playing with her hooves. She greeted me with a small chirp, smiling at me warmly; I walked over to her and sat next to her, pulling her into a small hug.


"My sweet child, I will never let anything happen to you." I said, lightly stroking her head. She snuggled up to me, burying her face in my embrace. "Once we are ready, my child, vengeance will be ours."
Tears started to form in my eyes and I promised myself that one day my children will live in a wonderful home, never to hunger or fear anything ever again.

Author's Note:

Hey guys this chapter wasn't that great but I was really focusing on Chrysalis's love for her children so yeah don't worry the story won't continue as a happy family love thing oh god no. Things will happen wrong things, sad thing and traumatizing things so yeah hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I wanna thank Silent Quill for editing.