• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 5,912 Views, 89 Comments

A mother's choice and consequences - Punsz



After her plans were ruined her hive now in destruction all shes has left are two young changeling. Will the choices she make now be for the better of her last remaining children or will she lose them again?

  • ...
20
 89
 5,912

Chapter 13

My sight began to clear, rubbing my hoof over my eyes I have seem to find myself in a hospital. Too my left I saw a familiar orange pony quietly sleeping and too my right I saw a snoring rainbow haired mane. Across from me laid three more mares sleeping soundly. I felt a weird pain in my head.

"Ugh my head." Next to my bed there was a small nightstand with a cup of water; I take a quick swig letting the cool drink flow down my throat. I suddenly hearing a very familiar chirp, looking at the base of my bed I saw the very small changeling filly peacefully sleeping.

"Good morning my faithful student I am glad to see you awake." I looked up to see the princess walking into the room. Both her left front and back legs were wrapped in bandages. She was walking with a limp slowly making her way towards my bed.

"Princess ...ow...ugh my head." The princess walked up to my bed taking a seat next to me.

"Are you still feeling the side effects of the spell?" At first I had no idea what she was talking about, but then I remembered everything Blueblood, the battle, and then the spell, but what happened after that?

"How long was I sleep for?"

"It's been three days."

"Three Days!" I literally jumped out of my bed causing the little changeling filly to awake. "What happen is, everypony alright?" Raising her hoof, silencing me.

"Everything is fine the city is being rebuilt as we speak, but I fear even if we rebuild whatever building were lost we cannot forget the lives that were sacrificed." I looked out one of the room windows to see buildings under construction; in the city square I saw a memorial of some sorts. "If you are feeling better I wish for you and Chirp to follow me, I would like to show you both something." Taking a step off my bed, I stretched out my legs seeing if they were ready to walk.

"Chirp?" I looked down to see Chirp waking up from her nap.

"Come on Chirp." Picking her up in my magic I placed her on my back following the Princess. We made our way through the castle, walking through the halls not speaking a word. We made our way towards the royal Canterlot garden. Reaching the center I saw a stone monument with a flower necklace wrapped around its neck and a stone plaque in front of it. Jumping off my back Chirp walked up to the stone monument.

"Mother?" She chirped looking up at the statue. I walked up next to her reading the plaque.

"This is statue is a monument for the one who risked her life to save all of Equestria her sacrifice will not be forgotten."

"Princess did you do all this?" I looked up facing the princess. I started to hear a small whimper coming from the changeling; I knelt down next to her bringing her into a hug. She quickly hugged me back tears streaming down her face.

"Mother." She sadly chirped. Comforting her, I didn't notice the princess coming up to embrace the both of us. All three of us sat there quietly the only noise coming from Chirp; after calming down we all sat near the gardens fountain.

"Twilight?" I turn my head towards the princess.

"Yes princess?"

"How were you able to defeat Blueblood and with what spell?"

Flashback

My friends and I were in one of the towers at the castle overseeing everything.

"Alright Twilight what's the plan?" Rainbow Dash asked me. I looked up nervously at everyone in the room, sweat dripping down my face.

"I have no idea!"

"WHAT!" All five of them screamed.

"What do you mean you have no idea didn't you say you had a plan?"

"She's right sugar cube if ya said ya had a plan then yer should've had a plan." Applejack added.

"Well I did, but I wasn't sure if it would work."

"Well darling it wouldn't hurt to try." Fashionista said.

"Yeah Twilight you should try before giving up...I mean...if that's alright...with you." Said the timid yellow Pegasus.

"Hmm alright, well I was thinking if Blueblood could transform into that monster by


Using the changeling spell I was thinking we could do the same thing, but with the elements."

"Your right it won't work."

"Rainbow!" Rarity shouted.

"What, look we don't even know the spell is and she's saying we should use it?"

"Well that's why I brought Chirp."

"Huh?"All five of them said.

"Uh Twilight the last time I check Chirp here is only a small filly." Rarity
said giving me a confusing look. ”I doubt she even knows the spell let alone casting it.

"Well you see, Chirp isn't just an ordinary filly she's actually the next in line to be the next queen of the Changelings or was, so I thinking with the amount of power she has now she can give us an extra boost on the spell."

"That sounds great an all, but we got one problem....WE Don't Know The Spell." Rainbow said.

"Well not exactly instead if we can use the elements of harmony with Chirp while
using a transformation spell maybe it can use the power of the elements to help us create a creature that can stop him." All five of them gave me a worried look suddenly we all heard the sound of buildings crumbling to the ground; looking out the window Blueblood has just destroyed the castle walls.

"Well looks like we're all out of options ya'll." I quickly run towards Chirp.

"Chirp we're going to need your help." She looked up at me with a confused look.

"Chirp?"She had no idea what I was talking about.

"Do you think you can help us out?" She happily nods probably not having a single clue on what I just asked. We all got in a circle preparing ourselves. "Alright is everypony ready?" Nodding I started to cast the transformation spell as the elements started to activate. I turn to see Chirp somewhat frighten by what is happening, but suddenly her eyes started to glow as small sparks began to fire from her small horn. Then it happened we were all engulfed in a white light.

Present


"And that's all I remember from then on."

"Hmm I see well we can look more into it later, but for now why not we enjoy the peace hmm?" I looked up at her with a smile.

"Yes that would be nice." Walking back towards the castle the princess went
back inside. Before I left though I went back to the statue pick a single flower from one of the bushes I placed it in front of it looking up then looking back at Chirp. "I promise I'll take good care of her." Then after a quick prayer I left to go back inside the castle. Entering back into the castle I find Chirp and I in the royal dining all, I see all my friends eating plates of waffles and pancakes.

"Twilight Twilight! you have to eat these pancakes their so yummyerific!" Pinkie Pie yelled with a mouthful of waffles and pancakes.

"That ain't a real word Yuh know." As my friends continued to eat and talk, I made my way towards the seat next to the princess, pulling a seat for Chirp. I levitated two plates for the both of us, waffles and pancakes with a half a cup of syrup.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"So is it decided then?" Asked my mentor. I looked up at her with a confident look. "Twilight Sparkle do you promise to care and nurture the changeling called Chirp."

"Yes I promise."

"Then it is decided I will need you to sign a some documents saying that you will be Chirp's new legal guardian." I walked out of the princesses throne room and meet my friends outside with Chirp.

"Uh Twilight are you sure you can take care of Chirp here?"

"Yea Twi wouldn't it be better if she stays here with the Princess with her being a changeling and all." All my friends looked at me with worried looks.

"The princess said the same, but the thing is I don't want Chirp to grow up stuck in a castle just because for who she is, I want her to grow as an ordinary filly."

"But Chirp is a changeling which means the poor thing will have a hard time fitting in with the others back home."

"I know I know, that's why I'm going to taking care of her and show everypony that she just an ordinary filly just like any other."

"Well if your sure about this sugar cube... you have my support." Applejack placed her hoof over my shoulder giving me an reassuring smile.

"And mine as well."

"You got mine."

"Ohmygoshyoutotallygotmineomgweshouldhaveapartyandcallitthe"Wegotyourbackparty!"

"Mine..too." All five of them gathered around me each of them giving me assuring looks.

"thanks girls I really do appreciate this." I looked down at Chirp who was happily sitting down on the ground. "Are you ready to go Chirp?"

"Chirp!" She happily jumped onto my back.

"Let go home."

Author's Note:

Well this is this last chapter I hope ya'll like it and I just wanna thank everyone who read this story thank you for the Favs, comments, messages it really means alot. I'm not sure if I'll make a sequel gotta figure out the overall story and what not so yeah not sure, but still thank you sooo murch!

Comments ( 13 )

awww i was hopeing Crissy would be alive at the end! D:
if you come up with a sequel which i hope you do i want to see if there are anymore changelings left out there. maybe crissy is still alive? XD
i mean if chirp is the last changeling then the changeling race is doomed and will be extinct in a few years.
i hope you dont go with the whole oh she can have kids with ponies, that has been done and over done really! X3
though that wont put me off to another story if you make one!
heres hopping Chirp is not the last one :pinkiesmile:

3149064 I'll probably make a sequel I just need to figure out the over all story and then figure out a good plot.
I'm glad you like the story :twilightblush: and no worries she ain't the last.....so no worries, but the hard part about that is to think of a way how she ain't the last so it may take some time to write the sequel with school/work so yea.

3152903
i know the feeling but if you want we can talk more and i can help you, i have so many ideas in my head. hell reading this story inspired at least 5 more....so thanks for that -_-
i have like 20 other stories so i do have a lot of ideas! XD
reason my stories take so long to be updated lol so let me know if you wana chat and shoot ideas at each other X3

3153649 yeah sure that sounds like a cool idea you can message me and we talk about ideas it would helpful :)

mad props on the story man. don't worry I'm sure you'll think of something for a sequel.

3155175
looking forward to it :pinkiehappy:

At the beginning it was Chrylsis (spelling?), than it ended with Twilight's POV.. maybe i missed the transition or something..

but overall pretty good.. wouldn't mind knowing what happened to Chrylsis

This was good, but after chapter 5, it just got really bad, full of "tropes" and poorly thought out conflicts.

The only reason why I faved this was chapters 1-5, when Chrysalis finally was talking with Celestia, I legit cried, not just little wimpy tears, I mean full on waterfall.

"I just lost a child and buried him." I turned my face away from them again as tears snaked across my cheeks and off my chin. "Do you know what it feels like to bury your own child..? DO YOU?!" Both princesses were speechless, staring at me as I continued on regardless. "Of course you don't; none of you do!" I finished with a snarl which petered off into a heavy, racking sob.

Decent idea, but it seems really rushed. Needs a lot of editing, mostly for punctuation, and you change tenses a few times. A lot of missing words, too.

The POV changes are really jarring, since you don't give any warning about the change in characters.

The Celestia/Discord moments come across as completely shoehorned in, like you looked at it and said "Hmm, not enough Feels."

Everything after chapter 6 just seems ridiculously out of place, actually. From the description, I thought this was a fic about Chrysalis dealing with the death of almost all her changelings, not Blueblood going crazy.
Like I said at the start, it was a good idea. Chirp was fairly cute, and I read on because I wanted to see more of her, but she ended up being less of a character and more a piece of scenery.

Finally, I'll leave off with this:

“I dare because I am the rightful ruler of all Equestria the future King Prince Blueblood!”

King Prince Blueblood

I chuckled at that. The idea that he's actually named Prince Blueblood is amusing, even if it probably wasn't intentional.

Im going to be honest, after the editor left, it was terrible, i have the same issue, so i understand that part, but a good chunk of this story doesn't even have chrysalis in them,
So the ending was pretty bad, i did enjoy the beginning however, it had potential, but it went south fast.:ajbemused:

I liked it. My emotions hurt. :applecry:

Login or register to comment