• Published 6th Mar 2013
  • 5,912 Views, 89 Comments

A mother's choice and consequences - Punsz



After her plans were ruined her hive now in destruction all shes has left are two young changeling. Will the choices she make now be for the better of her last remaining children or will she lose them again?

  • ...
20
 89
 5,912

Chapter 11

I stood in front of the Canterlot gates looking at the monster heading towards the great city. Standing behind me stood the whole Canterlot army I pray that Twilight's plan work. I turn back looking at the different faces of fear, courage, determination, and worry. I looked up to see Luna and Discord flying down to my side both of them nodding.

"Brave warriors of Canterlot the day has come that a great threat appears before us threatening everything we hold dear." I raise a hoof towards the now mutated Blueblood. "We must defend our city!" My horn started to glow it's yellow aura surrounding me materializing my golden armor around me my scepter forming next to me. "For Canterlot, For EQUESTRIA!" I took flight hovering above my troops. They all let out a loud roar.

"FOR CANTERLOT, FOR EQUESTRIA!" They repeated this three times before charging. Luna and Discord flew next to me; Luna in her blue armor and dual blades at her side. Discord wore no armor just standing with his arms crossed.

"So how much time does Twilight need?" He asked.

"About two hours is what she said." I answered keeping my gaze at Blueblood.

"Sister thou shall command thy warriors in battle." My sister flew towards the front lines to lead the troops. All of Canterlot's forces charged towards the giant beast; I look back at the tower where I could see a faint light. Closing my eyes I let out a small breathe.

"Please hurry my faithful student." I look at Discord his arm stilled crossed looking off the distance. He notices me looking at him.

"What?" A small smile appear on my face.

"Nothing...I've just never seen you so serious before I thought by now you would've made some kind of joke or a some pun." He lets out a small laugh looking in front of him again.

"I suppose you're right, but now this isn't the time for laughs and jokes." He said looking at me his eyes filled with...worry? He looks back at the city letting out a huge sigh. "I guess all this friendship shenanigans really has changed me." He looked back at me to find my face smiling. "What?"

"Say it." He crosses his arms and turns away. "Come on you know you want to." I heard him grumble something under his breath.

"Friendship is magic." He said quickly. I could hint blush occurring on his face. My smile stayed on my face I fly over to him bumping my rump on his side. In a humorous manner he made himself fly about three feet away.

"Wow wow watch that giant booty you got there Tia don't want to injure me before the fight." He said in a teasingly. I fly past him sticking my tongue out.

"I remember when we were younger you couldn't keep your eyes off my butt." I said teasing him back.

"Yeah that was like seven hundred years ago you know when your butt wasn't the size of the moon as your sister puts it." He followed me as we approach the nearing battle. He was able to catch up with me flying at my side. "Tia?" His tone sounded worried again I look back him staring back at me.

"What?" He didn't answer, but kept his gaze on me.

"Do miss our younger years?" This question surprised me. "You know the times when you your sister and I would play in the Everfree forest, when we would travel around Canterlot together...when your hair was pink." This time I didn't answer looking at him with a confused look.

"Yes I do I miss it all." I really did miss all those times long ago when we were young and care free no politics and papers just freedom. "Why do you ask?" He stopped in his tracks as did eye.

"Well since this battle could be the end and I didn't really write a will yet and what not." He let out a small laugh before looking back at me. "I just want to say that I..I'm..I'm sorry." This really got me surprised. "I know the things I've done when I came back, but I'm not just talking about that I'm talking about long before and I know you know what I'm talking about." I flew over to him standing in front of him eyes watering.

"Yeah I know what...and...well it's ok." I wrapped my hooves around him as he wrapped his arms around me. We released each other ; I wiped my tears away. "Come on we have a job to do right now." I turned towards the direction of Blueblood Discord following close behind. "Oh just saying this won't be the end Discord...I have faith in my student." I gave him a smile of assurance.


As we got closer the sky thickened with black smoke; in front of me I saw the battle had already started.

"Fire!" Yelled one guardsmen orders a group of archers to fire upon the now mutated Blueblood. The arrows barely penetrate his thick armor plating. Another group of guardsmen launch a volley of catapults towards the monster another group of unicorn guardsmen fire blast of magic energy. One general runs up to me.

"Your highness we're firing everything we have, but nothing seems to have effect." I looked up to see Blueblood keeping a constant pace forward slowly making his way towards Canterlot.

"Fools you think your pitiful weapons could hurt me!" With one foal swoop of his clawed hoof he smashed row after row of guardsmen. Bashing catapults, crushing of smacking guardsmen ponies from left to right.

"Pull back to the second defense line!" One of the guardsmen Generals yelled. As fast as they could the surviving troops pulled back to the next line of defense. I saw Luna preparing the next line of defenses.

"What's the situation so far?" She looked at me with worry.

"It would seem there is no hope sister most of our weapons have no effect on him we fear that we will not be able to hold him off for much longer." I looked behind me t see injured ponies arriving.

"So few." I said quietly. I looked back at Luna my scepter standing next to me. "Luna I need you to take all of our remaining warriors back to the city and prepare defenses there I will stay back and hold him off as long as I can." Her looked at me if I was crazy.

"Sister does thou know what thy is saying!" she walks up to me. "Thy cannot possible stand against the monster alone?"

"I can hold him off long enough for you to prepare the final defense against him."

"But sister." I cut her walking up to her embracing her.

"Please Luna this must be done I need you to protect Canterlot." I could feel tears trickle down her face. "Now hurry every second counts." we let go of each other's embrace she flies up tears still falling.

"All guardsmen fall back to Canterlot to prepare defenses there." Everyone started to make their way back to Canterlot I stood alone watching the nearing monster approaching.

"Your really going to do this huh?" I turned around to see Discord standing behind me.

"Yes I can give you all some time I'll try to hold him off as long as I can." He stayed quiet unable to think of words to say. I look up at him making myself smile at him my eyes getting water once more.

"I could stay with you and help and."

"I need you to help be the last line of defense." I said cutting him off. He looked at me more worry in his eyes.

"But I can't let you do this alone!" He grabbed my shoulders giving them a firm squeeze. Our faces now only an inch away from each others. He lets go standing back a bit looking away turning his face away to hide...tears? "I don't want you to...to." I placed a hoof on his lips hushing him.

"Please don't make this any harder as it is." I said tears falling down my eyes. "Please I need you to protect Canterlot I'm trusting you to do this...please." I grab him into another hug. He pulled me in firmly holding onto me.

"Fine I promise...but you have to promise that you'll come back...alive." I looked up at him and smiled.

"I promise now go." He lets go of me and flies back to Canterlot with the rest of the guardsmen. I turned back to look at Blueblood. I fly towards him scepter in my magic grasp. As I appear before him he halts. "I will not let you pass!" I said using my royal cantelrot voice.

"HAHAHA you think you can stop me I surpass you!" He laughs. He makes an attempt to swipe me with his claws, but I dodged with ease. I raise my scepter allowing it grow a bright yellow ball at its tip. Pointing it I blast volley of yellow orbs of magic pushing him back a few steps. I then started to chant gaining energy from the sun it; gathering it into the scepter. Blueblood regain his posture and looked up at us his mouth started to glow a dark green . Opening his mouth he fires several blast of green fire. Completing my chant I release the stored energy from my scepter and release a large beam of solar energy blasting away the flames and directly hitting him. My forehead began to sweat as the last attack took almost half of my power. As the smoke cleared I tried to find his body. "Hahaha now I'll admit that kind of tickled." Before I could react I was hit my his green flames; falling to the ground with a large thud I saw him getting closer to me a smile on his face. "I told you I'm stronger then you." I stood up wincing at my injuries my left half of my body was burned, but I stood my ground.

"You shall...not...pass" I said exhausted. I point my scepter at him once more attempting to blast another volley of magic. Before I could even form a single orb he swiped my away with his tail. I was thrown to the side my whole body feeling pain.

"Well this was fun, but I have a city to destroy and a land to conquer...good-bye." He started to laugh as he was about to crush me with his clawed hoof. I closed my eyes waiting for my death.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep my promise." I whispered tears trickling down my face. I waited, but nothing came I opened my eyes to see that Blueblood was completely surrounded by...Cotton candy?