• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 1,495 Views, 13 Comments

Broken Dreams Fixed by Love (Flutterdash) - raha



When Rainbow Dash's dreams are shattered, Fluttershy helps her best friend recover.

  • ...
1
 13
 1,495

Prologue

The golden rays of Celestia's sun shone brightly over Equestria as a new day began. Everything was normal in Ponyville as it's sleepy citizens started their day. About 3 weeks ago, the elements of harmony returned from their mission to the Crystal Empire. As they settled back into their normal lives, a certain purple unicorn was finishing her routine.

Twilight Sparkle went through her checklist a fifth time to make sure that she was done with her chores for the day.

'Ink and quills. Check. Groceries. Check. Telescope maintenance kit. Check. A ruby from Rarity's Boutique for Spike. Check.'

Twilight smiled as another thought crossed her mind.

'It's been a while since Pinkie Pie has thrown a party. I should help her organize a get-together with the girls.'

With her mind set on the task, she trotted over to Sugar Cube Corner to talk with a certain pink earth pony.

*~*~*~*~*

"A party? Of course!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed with joy. She was bouncing up and down as rapid fire words were ejected from her mouth. "We'll invite all our friends! AJ, Fluttershy, Dashi- Rainbow Dash, and Rarity!" Pinkie was literally bouncing off the walls as she went on. "First, we'll play pin the tail on the pony! Then we can bake cupcakes, and hit a piñata, and bake cupcakes, and tell jokes, and did I mention baking cupcakes?"

"Um, Pinkie? For starters: How did you even get up there?" Twilight asked in an annoyed tone.

Pinkie looked down at herself and noticed she was inverted and standing on the ceiling. "I dunno, I was just thinking about the upcoming party! We can ba-"

"Okay I get it!" Twilight nearly shouted at Pinkie. "Now I need you to help me to invite our friends. You know what happened the last time you did that alone."

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie responded. "How will we get to Da- Rainbow's home? I crashed my balloon while pranking around town."

"I guess we can ask Fluttershy to ask her. I wouldn't be surprised if Rainbow was at the cottage too. Those two are almost always together though. I'm getting a bit suspicious..."

*~*~*~*~*

Twilight and Pinkie stoped in front of a medium sized cottage near the spooky Everfree Forest. Twilight trotted up to the door and knocked.

"I'll be right there." A meek voice called out through the door. After a few seconds, it opened and standing in the doorway was a butter-yellow pegasus. "Hello girls, what brings you out here?" The timid pony inquired. It wasn't everyday that somepony walked almost a mile from Ponyville to personally see her, and she was pleasantly surprised to see that it wasn't a stranger... or a psychotic serial killer she may or may not know. (Don't ask)

"Hi Fluttershy. Pinkie and I are throwing a party and we wondered if you could come. We're thinking about having it next Saturday because that's when everypony is available."

Fluttershy thought to herself for a moment before responding. "Actually, I am free that day so you can count me in."

"Great! Oh and Fluttershy, can you do us a favor?" Twilight asked. "I need you to ask Rainbow Dash if she's available to go."

"Oh, I don't know. I'm not really the best flier but... Okay I'll do it. Dashie's house is pretty close to the ground."

"Okay, thanks. See you la- wait did you just say "Dashie"? Twilight asked with a suspicious smirk on her face.

In an instant, Fluttershy face turned red as she franticly scrambled for words. "I. Well. I mean. Wh- Why is that so important!" She shouted the last words at a volume that was still very quiet compared to other ponies.

"Geez, I'm not interrogating you. By the way, Pinkie is making an active attempt to stop calling her that after she embarrassed her a while back." Twilight answered with suspicion in her voice.

'Brain, save this memory for later analysis.' Twilight thought.

"I'll see you girls later I guess." Fluttershy said with her face still as red as a fresh apple.

"Okie dokie lokie!" Pinkie replied and bounced off with Twilight trotting behind her to plan their party."

Fluttershy closed her door with a thump, and slid against it to the floor.

'I really need to be more careful. Twilight is probably already suspicious of me and Dashi- I mean, Rainbow Dash. Speaking of which, I should get to her house ASAP to ask her about the party. I just hope I don't blush too hard or be too awkward. Does my mane look alright? Should I take a bath? Why am I so nervous around her recently?'

"Oh buck! Calm down Fluttershy. You are just friends and always have been."

'Not just friends, but best friends. BFFs for that matter. Also we were branded as filly foolers in flight school and flight camp.'

She smiled as she remembered that there were some actually good moments of flight school. Rainbow would let her climb up into her bunk, and in their dorm room (Thankfully they were roommates)they would just cuddle and support each other.

'Maybe we are something more than friends. More than friends but less than... Do I even like her in that way? Hay, am I even attracted to mares? Would Rainbow be after that relentless bullying we went though? RAGH! I should not be getting too worked up by this. I'll just act like i always had, and she wont notice a thing out of the ordinary.'

Fluttershy picked herself up, and made sure she looked normal before leaving her cottage and flying into the skies of Equestria.

Author's Note:

This is just a back story to the 1st chapter. Please leave constructive criticism. Grammar Nazis are welcome.

Comments ( 13 )

:moustache: Certainly looks to be interesting so far! The setup is fairly solid, the premise is promising, and it's off to an intriguing start. :pinkiehappy: To be constructive, it might be a little bit rushed and could use a little more detail, and there were a couple of punctuation bits. But otherwise, it's a good start! I look forward to what will come next. :pinkiehappy:

I like it! :twilightsmile: Though in all honesty I'm not one of those critics. :derpytongue2:
:yay::heart::rainbowwild:

2215737 Thanks! I really like your stories. You are one of my go-to flutterdash authors. Getting a comment from you makes me really happy! :pinkiehappy:

2216926 Thank you. :yay: I understand, sometimes I don't care for correcting things if the story is good in general.

2220336 :twilightblush: Aww, you're too kind! :twilightsmile: Thanks!

But of course, all that to say, good luck with this! :pinkiehappy:

2220351Exactly,:pinkiesmile: but if there's a huge (and I mean HUGE:ajbemused:) number of errors (tense changes at random times, spelling errors, etc.) I'll see what major things are there and try to point them out. :twilightsmile:

An interesting start. :yay: The only errors here are small ones that can be quickly fixed. If you have any version of a word processor, you should ultilize it to find some of the errors.

I'm interested in seeing what's going to happen at Rainbow Dash's house. I can't help but predict that Fluttershy isn't going to act like her usual self around her.

good start. Though you missed some capitilization of names and i particularly near the end.

'Brain, save this memory for later analysis.' Twilight wanted to review this later. (That's redundant. Just go Twilight thought)

Some other lines were pretty awkward as well.

Nice start im sure to enjoy the next one ^^:pinkiehappy:

oh, my, gosh...
please update.
:raritycry:

2407328 Update coming soon. *Salutes* Sorry bout the delay, spring break kept me occupied.

Can't wait until next chapter:pinkiehappy:

Hopefully you can start working on this soon, it’s been nearly what, 7 YEARS!!!!!:twilightangry2:

Login or register to comment