• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 5,379 Views, 533 Comments

HUMAN By: Twilight Sparkle - Razalon The Lizardman



A unique take on the HiE concept.

  • ...
63
 533
 5,379

Afterword

First, a little background info on how I came up with this meta masterpiece. My story starts back in autumn of 2012, around Halloween. In the spirit of said holiday, I was listening to various creepypastas narrated by MrCreepyPasta himself on youtube. One of said creepypastas was none other than Cupcakes, DUN DUN DUN!!! At this time I wasn't even aware of MLP: FiM's existence, but after hearing the Cupcakes narration I was disturbed, fascinated, and confused as to how something intended for little girls was capable of inspiring something so gruesome. But it wasn't until MrCreepyPasta narrated Rocket to Insanity just a few days or so later that I HAD to see what the origins to these twisted tales was like. So, I checked out a couple of episodes (Party of One and Baby Cakes) and, judging the show from those two episodes, I found it to be pretty enjoyable. Always looking for new interests, I set my sights on watching all of seasons 1 and 2; by the time I was finished, I was a full-fledged brony. As to how I came upon Fimfiction, I believe it was as a result of web-searching for sequels to the above two Creepypastas. Unfortunately, my laptop was a piece of crap, so I couldn't register on this site without experiencing difficulties. So instead, I registered for fanfiction.net while I figured out how to get a working account on this site.

In the meantime, I would amass myself in the wide range of stories this site had to offer, especially the HiE/PoE fics. One thing I should mention is that I always strive to innovate; much like Nintendo. Although, whereas Nintendo strives for game innovation, I (being a gifted writer since 1st grade) strive to invent new literary concepts and styles. So when I noticed how all the HiE fics went with the same "wormhole sends characters to Equestria/Earth" exposition, I resolved to write a HiE fic with an original take.

The idea for this story came about from my fascinations of the multiverse, meta theories, and the true nature of the "4th wall". What I wanted to do was write a story that got humans and ponies to acknowledge each others' existence in a realistic way that didn't break the laws of space and time and have to devote the first few chapters to bringing both sides up to speed with the cultures, anatomies, technologies, etc, of the other. In the end, I realized the only realistic way the ponies of MLP: FiM could acknowledge humanity is if they created us themselves. That, combined with the idea that every piece of fiction ever written has its own universe, gave rise to the concept of one of the pony characters writing a story that essentially detailed the evolution and nature of humanity all the way up to the present day (somewhat). From then on, it was just a matter of giving the Mane 6 corresponding paths of logic to follow when detailing a particular aspect of humanity. And thus, HUMAN By: Twilight Sparkle was born.

The reason why I explained all this is because I've realized just why there's so many HiE fics; we would trade an arm and a leg to visit Equestria and meet all of the colorful characters we've come to know and love, usually the Mane 6 in Ponyville. And while we'll never make that dream a reality, this story has done a good job of constructing a spiritual bridge between our two worlds. Out there, in one of a few billion variations of Equestria, Twilight and her friends are looking at their creation with the same sense of longing (though probably not as much as us) and wishful thinking that we have toward them and their own world.

Anyway, I have one last thing to make clear. This story is open sourced, meaning you're all free to write stories following up on this one's premise, whether it be a direct sequel or a spin-off of the idea. The possibilities are endless, it's just a question of finding the spots where expansion is possible.

Thanks for reading, everyone. :D