• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 2,474 Views, 58 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 15: The Christmas Ponies - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor, Twilight, and Derpy arrive in the England of the Doctor's universe on Christmas Eve of 2010. What waits for them includes an icy storm, something from Derpy's past, and a reunion with a lost friend.

  • ...
3
 58
 2,474

The Blizzard

Chapter 3: The Blizzard

Beckwithshaw Countryside, Outskirts of Harrogate, England, Earth, Winter, 2010 A.D.

Night had fallen by the time Donna and Shaun began heading back towards the Beckwithshaw Hotel. The light snowfall that had started earlier that day had begun to pick up rapidly in the past couple hours.

"That was a really good meal," said Shaun as he drove. "I'll have to ask Mr. Franks if he knows of any other good places to eat."

"Not tomorrow though, with it being Christmas and all," said Donna. Shaun chuckled.

"I still don't understand your disliking of Christmas, Donna." Donna's face became emotionless for a moment.

"I don't either. It's just...my Christmases haven't been that great. I mean, look at what happened last year! I can't even remember what happened!"

"I don't think you'd want to. It was very frightening...but it still was a Christmas to remember." Donna scowled at Shaun. "Oops! Sorry, dear."

"Don't worry yourself. I don't mind. Let's just hope that this Christmas is good."

The couple was silent as they made their way through the dark and snowy countryside. Snow rained down from all sides.

"Where on earth did this blizzard come from?" asked an annoyed Donna.

"I'm not sure," Shaun replied. "There was no word of it in the weather reports." Donna looked out the window and, for a second, saw something rush past the car.

"Did you see that?!"

"See what?"

"Something just ran past the car!"

"It might have been an animal or something."

"What animal would be out in this?!"

"You'd be surprised."

"It didn't look like an animal, Shaun."

"Maybe the snow's playing tricks on your eyes. That tends to happen when your vision is blurred." Donna turned away from Shaun and looked back out her window. The storm was getting quite fierce now. Donna nearly jumped out of her coat when another shadow flew by the car.

"There it was again!"

"I'm sure it's nothing, Donna."

"Don't you dare think I'm crazy!"

"I'm not saying that! I'm just saying that the snow is playing tricks on your eyes and-" A large black shadow jumped out in front of the car. It was impossible to make out what the creature was through the snow.

"Stop the Lady Time-Lord!" screamed the voice that only Donna could hear. Donna covered her ears as the shadow charged towards the car.

"SHAUN! LOOK OUT!" Donna cried. Shaun turned the steering wheel sharply to the left. The car slid on the icy road. The creature smashed into the side of the car, causing Shaun's window to shatter, and rolled over the roof. Donna screamed as the car veered off the road and began rolling over. Snow poured into the car through Shaun's damaged window as it rolled down a snowy hill. It seemed like forever but the car eventually came to a sudden stop by colliding with the side of a tree.

Everything was quiet for a moment. The car hadn't come to a stop while sideways or upside-down but it was still pretty badly damaged. Shaun was unconscious and snow was still pouring in through his broken window. Donna, on the other hand, had managed to survive the crash with only a few cuts. It took her a few seconds for everything to sink in. She unbuckled her seat belt and turned towards Shaun.

"Shaun? Shaun, are you okay?" she asked with a nervous crack in her voice. She reached over and began shaking her husband's shoulder. "Shaun? Shaun?! SHAUN?!" She unbuckled his seat belt and pulled him away from the side of the car that had crashed into the tree. Thankfully, a mound of snow had acted as a cushion between the car and the tree; thus preventing any further injuries. A trail of blood was trickling down Shaun's face and his skin felt cold. Donna reached into her purse and pulled out her cell phone. There was no reception. "Come on!" She looked through the window of her closed door and out upon the snowy hell outside. "I need to get help!" She opened the door and practically fell out onto the snowy earth. It was incredibly dark outside and the only source of light around was that of the car's headlights, which were still working. Donna reached into her purse and pulled out a flashlight, or torch as it's called by the British. She flipped the switch and began trying to get a visual of where she was. It was basically impossible to determine where she was or how far she was from the Beckwithshaw Hotel. She turned back towards Shaun in the car. "I can't leave him here. I've got to carry him."

Donna was about to reach into the car to grab Shaun when she heard something: the sound of heavy footsteps. He pointed her torch into the black snowy abyss around her in hopes of seeing someone.

"Hello?" she called out. "I've been in an accident! My husband needs help! Hello?!" Donna felt her heart freeze as that familiar, cold voice echoed back to her.

"Take them," it said. Donna gasped as a black shadow lunged at her through the storm. She dodged the attack and began to run. She came to halt as she thought back to Shaun.

"Shaun! SHAUN!" She turned back towards the car and screamed. An army of rotted hands were reaching up and pulling the car and Shaun down into the snowy earth. Donna was frozen with fear. She couldn't move. "SHAUN!" Donna felt her head grow hot as Shaun and the car disappeared beneath the snow. Donna's attention then turned back to that of the shadow, which was making its way towards her again. Donna turned around and broke into a run. Her heart was beating like a drum on speed and her brain was burning like hot coals as she made her way deep into the frozen abyss of the blizzard.

Grounds of the Beckwithshaw Hotel, Outskirts of Harrogate, England, Earth, Winter, 2010 A.D.

Donna didn't dare look back. She knew the creature was behind her and she didn't want to know how close it was to catching up. The light of her torch was barely enough to provide her safe passage through the storm. Snow pounded against her face and an icy chill bled its way through her boots and socks. This was exceptionally cold snow, no doubt about that. Every now and then Donna would hear the icy voice call out to the creature from the darkness. The voice seemed to cause Donna's brain to grow hotter and hotter.

"SOMEBODY HELP ME!" Donna cried into the storm. "HELP ME!" Unsurprisingly, nobody responded to Donna's pleas for help. Donna also felt as if something was chasing her under the snow as well. What was happening? What was chasing her? Was Shaun all right? Would she survive this storm? Questions like these buzzed through Donna's head with every passing second. Just then, Donna could make out a series of lights in the distance. Could it be the hotel? "MR. FRANKS! ANYBODY! SOMEBODY! HELP ME!" Something suddenly grabbed onto Donna's ankle. Donna was running so fast that she managed to break free. She looked back to see an icy hand reaching up from the snow. In the distance, she could see the shadowy creature chasing after her. As Donna turned forward she found herself running into an icy figure of sorts. Donna fell back onto the ground. Her entire body ached. She looked up and pointed her torch and what she had bumped into. She cocked her head in confusion for standing before her was what appeared to be a lavender unicorn encased in an ice coating. "What the hell?"

Donna gasped as cracks began forming on the ice. Donna was too scared to move. There were icy arms beneath her, a shadowy creature behind her, and a thawing unicorn in front of her. Her head was growing quite hot now.

Twilight let out a loud groan as the ice around her shattered. She had no idea how long she had been imprisoned but she was glad to be free nonetheless. She looked around and noticed that it was now nighttime and a blizzard was blowing through. The cold did not feel good against Twilight's exposed coat.

"DOCTOR! DERPY!" she called into the night. There was no response. Twilight suddenly realized that she wasn't alone. She looked in front of her to see a woman lying on the ground and pointing a flashlight at her. Twilight froze. The woman grabbed her head and screamed.

"It...you...you...talked!" the woman gasped. Twilight wanted to slap herself. She had just exposed herself to a random human. Twilight looked at the woman and couldn't help but think that she had seen her somewhere before. She couldn't make out the woman's face entirely through the dark snow. The woman suddenly turned around and screamed. Twilight looked to see a dark creature rushing towards them. She jumped in between the woman and the creature and cast a powerful illumination spell. The creature came to a halt a few feet away from them. Twilight heard the woman shriek and Twilight couldn't blame her. The creature looked like it was made out of a combination of corpses and ice. A black ooz dripped from its mouth and its eyes were reflective like that of a frozen pond. The creature looked at the woman and roared before charging towards them.

"Get away!" ordered Twilight as she sent a blast of fire at the creature. The creature screamed as the fire caused part of its body to melt away. The creature lunged for Twilight and the woman but Twilight managed to pull herself and the woman out of the creature's path with her magic. The creature shot blades of ice out of its hand but Twilight deflected them with a magic barrier. She was beginning to feel weak. Her icy imprisonment had drained some of her energy. She needed to finish this fight quickly. She began charging up a powerful fire spell as the ice creature ran towards her and the woman. The woman screamed as the creature jumped into the air. Twilight groaned as a plume of fire shot out of her horn and crashed straight into the creature's chest. The creature let out a horrible yell as it faded away into ooz and ice.

Twilight let out a series of hoarse breaths. The fight had taken a lot out of her. She was happy that she was able to at least keep her illumination spell going. She turned around to face the woman she had saved. Her eyes widened. She could make out the woman's face fully now. She could see everything from her red hair to her fair skin and blue-green eyes. She had only seen the woman once before: on a monitor in the TARDIS.

"Donna Noble," Twilight said under her breath.

Donna stood up and stared at the unicorn before her. She didn't know what to think anymore. Her head was so hot now that it was practically unbearable.

"What's...going...on?!" Donna asked as she grabbed her head. "My head! Oh my head!" Odd images began flashing before Donna's eyes: a giant wasp, an erupting volcano, creatures of fat ascending into spaceships, a blonde woman, a giant library, creatures in metal armor, a giant spider woman, a blue box that was bigger on the inside, and...a man in a suit. "My head! Oh my head! My head!" Donna could feel a surge of energy rush up from inside her. Something was coming. She was...remembering.

Twilight didn't know what to do. Donna's eyes were glowing bright gold and streams of golden gas were flowing out through the pores in her head. Her skin was glowing and her body was shaking.

"This is just a dream!" Twilight cried in desperation. "This is just a dream! Fall asleep, Donna, and wake up! Fall asleep!"

Donna looked at Twilight as warm tears flowed down her face.

"It burns!" she cried. "Everything's growing hotter and hotter and HOTTER and HOTTER and-" Donna screamed as a golden light began pouring from her head. "I need...I need...I need...a...a...DOCTOR!" A stream of memories roared past Donna's eyes like a freight train. Donna began to fall to the ground and Twilight ran over to catch her. As soon as Twilight and Donna made contact, it happened. A surge of golden energy shot out through Donna's eyes and mouth as she let out a loud shriek. Twilight felt a wave of energy travel through Donna, into her own body, and out through her own eyes, mouth, and horn. Twilight screamed as golden energy soared through every inch of her body. A series of images flashed past Twilight's eyes: planets suspended together in space, a hand in a glass case, a man in a suit, and Donna, in a wedding dress, standing in the middle of a warehouse being flooded with fire and water as a giant spider woman screamed and the man in the suit looked on.

"Doctor!" called Donna in the memory. The humanoid Doctor looked down at Donna. "You can stop now!" The Doctor looked on as the water and fire swirled around the warehouse.

Then...everything stopped. The blizzard came to a stop, Twilight and Donna's screams came to a stop, and the rush of energy ceased.

"Doctor," Donna sighed as she lost consciousness. Twilight's eyes rolled up into her head as she followed suit.