• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 2,480 Views, 58 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 15: The Christmas Ponies - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor, Twilight, and Derpy arrive in the England of the Doctor's universe on Christmas Eve of 2010. What waits for them includes an icy storm, something from Derpy's past, and a reunion with a lost friend.

  • ...
3
 58
 2,480

Frozen

Chapter 2: Frozen

Grounds of the Beckwithshaw Hotel, Outskirts of Harrogate, England, Earth, Winter, 2010 A.D.

Twilight was concerned. Something was definitely off about Derpy, but she couldn't tell what it was. She was also incredibly curious about the Lady Time-Lord that Derpy had mentioned. The gray pegasus continued to stare off towards the white horizon of the English countryside.

"Derpy?" Twilight asked. Derpy refused to look at Twilight. She seemed to be caught in a state of deep thought. Twilight backed away from Derpy and walked over towards the tree that the Doctor was sitting underneath. She sat down next to the stallion and he gave a surprised grunt before opening his eyes and looking at Twilight.

"Oh! Hello, Twilight! Sorry about that. I think I dozed off there for a moment," he said with an embarrassed grin.

"Doctor, is it just me or have you too noticed something off about Derpy?" The Doctor looked at Derpy and nodded.

"Yes. I've taken a notice to it."

"She just said something to me that I don't really understand."

"What did she say?"

"She said that the Lady Time-Lord is coming. Does that sound familiar to you?"

"Well there were many Lady Time-Lords once, they were obviously called Time Ladies. I don't recall that there was a the Time Lady."

"Whatever it is, it's cast Derpy under a spell or something." The Doctor stood up and approached the dazed pegasus. He walked in front of her and stared straight into her eyes. They didn't look as golden as normal. They looked...bluish.

"Derpy?" he asked. Derpy didn't respond. He clapped his hooves three times and there was still no response. "Anypony in there?" Suddenly, Derpy snapped out of her trance and jumped a good five feet into the air, causing the Doctor to jump a bit.

"What? Oh! Sorry about that!" said Derpy as she lowered herself smoothly to the ground with her wings. "I was busy thinking about something."

"I could see that. If it isn't too personal, tell me, what were you thinking about?" Derpy was about to respond when all emotion suddenly disappeared from her face. She was silent for a moment before shaking her head and returning to normal.

"I...I don't remember really. It must not have been that important."

"Tell me, does the phrase the Lady Time-Lord is coming ring any bells?" Derpy scratched her head for a second before shaking her head.

"No. I don't recall anything like that." The Doctor turned back towards Twilight. Twilight gave the Doctor a nervous stare and vice versa.

"Why don't we head back to the TARDIS?" the Doctor asked as he turned back to Derpy. "There's plenty more places in my universe that I'd like to show you."

"Okay!" Derpy replied with a wide smile. The Doctor and Twilight proceeded to follow after the bouncing pegasus.

Lobby of the Beckwithshaw Hotel, Outskirts of Harrogate, England, Earth, Winter, 2010 A.D.

Donna and Shaun stepped off the elevator. Mr. Franks was standing in the lobby while a few of the maids were busy dusting off the furniture.

"Enjoying your stay so far?" asked Mr. Franks.

"Yes. Once again, thank you for the room," Shaun replied. Mr. Franks let out a hearty laugh that made his belly jiggle. Donna had to muster up all the strength in her body to keep herself from laughing.

"It is my pleasure to help you two out! Anyone who's friends with Wilfred Mott, who also happens to have a bit of coin on them, is friends with me!"

"Yes. Granddad talked of you a bit. He had a lot of...well...interesting things to say," said Donna.

"That's good. So where are you two off to now?"

"Taking a scenic tour of the area, we are," Shaun replied.

"Oh! When you're done, I recommend eating at Chelsea's Place across the way. It's a little ways towards Harrogate but the food is worth it. Trust me." Mr. Franks patted his belly and laughed some more.

"Thank you. Come on then, Donna." Donna followed Shaun out of the hotel and towards their car, which had been parked in the parking lot by the valet. Donna was thankful that she had brought her extra-thick jacket with her for it was quite cold out.

"I kind of wish my Mum and Granddad were here...well...maybe not my Mum," said Donna.

"I'm sure they're happy celebrating Christmas on their trip to New York," said Shaun.

"I guess." Shaun unlocked the car and as Donna approached her door she heard the voice again.

"Fetch her. Fetch the child," said the voice. Donna froze for a moment. The voice didn't appear to be talking to her but talking to someone, or something, else.

"Donna? Are you all right?" asked Shaun. Donna snapped out of her trance and instantly forgot about the voice.

"Yeah, I'm fine! Let's go then!" she replied. She opened her door and slid inside. Shaun took a moment to look out towards the snowy countryside. He couldn't help but feel that something was off, and whatever was off was affecting his wife in strange ways. He shrugged the feeling off and slipped into his car. Shaun and Donna then proceeded to drive off into the English countryside.

Grounds of the Beckwithshaw Hotel, Outskirts of Harrogate, England, Earth, Winter, 2010 A.D.

The Doctor, Twilight, and Derpy were still a little bit away from where the TARDIS was parked. Everypony was ready to move on to another place. Derpy, however, still felt a bit off.

"Could we maybe travel a day into the future? I'm really interested in experiencing Christmas first-hoof," said Twilight.

"Not a problem. Should be fun. Hopefully it'll be better than the last Christmas I had," the Doctor replied.

"What happened at your last Christmas?"

"Oh, you know. Old enemies returning, the Time Lords breaking through the time lock, the Earth nearly getting destroyed by my home planet, my friend nearly having her brain fried, everybody in the world turning into the exact same person, and me getting exposed to radiation that ultimately led to my regeneration. The usual."

"I swear, somepony should write a book on your life."

"I'm sure somebody has or will. We both know that somepony will. Remember what Charlie showed us?"

"I mean an accurate book on your life!"

"I guess that would be nice. But who wants to know about the life of an old Time Lord/stallion like me?"

"I would."

"Well, you're already a bookworm. You'll read anything that has a page and a cover."

"Are you saying that I don't count?"

"Well...yes and no, to keep the answer brief."

"You are impossible, you know that?!"

"I know; but you love me just the same eh, Twilight Sparkle?"

"Well, yes...I mean no! I mean yes! I mean...I don't love you but I...admire you." The Doctor smirked at Twilight and the lavender unicorn blushed in embarrassment.

"You're funny, you know that?"

"Forget what I said. Don't look at me!"

"I'm looking!"

"Stop it!"

"I'm looking at you, Ms. Sparkle!"

"Are you asking for a slap?!" The Doctor was about to respond when he suddenly bumped straight into Derpy, who had come to a sudden halt.

"Derpy? Is something wrong?" asked the Doctor. Derpy was shaking violently and her teeth were chattering. She then let out a scream and began backing up.

"They're coming for me! Oh, Celestia! They're coming for me!" she screamed as she fell back onto the snow.

"Who's coming for you?!" asked Twilight. Tears were rolling down Derpy's cheeks like mad.

"I don't know! But they're coming for me! They know who I am!"

"What are you talking about, Derpy?!"

"Is that what they call you now?" asked a chilling voice from nowhere. The Doctor and Twilight jumped and began looking around anxiously. There was nothing there. The Doctor tried to pick Derpy up.

"Come on! You'll be safe in the TARDIS!" he said. The sky began to cloud up and snow began to fall. Derpy jumped up and wrapped her hooves around the Doctor's neck. Their eyes met. The Doctor was slightly disturbed by Derpy's eyes. They were horrible inverted, partially blue, and looked completely and utterly mad.

"How can they know? How can they know about me?!" Derpy cried.

"I don't know! I don't even who you're talking about or what they know!"

"The Lady Time-Lord! She's coming, Doctor! She's my only hope!"

"Who is she?! Who is the Lady Time-Lord?!" the Doctor questioned. Derpy was silent for a moment. It was apparent that a dark magic of sorts was overcoming her. The Doctor wrapped his forelegs around Derpy for he could feel the strength draining from the pegasus's body.

"What in the name of Celestia is going on here?" asked Twilight under her breath as she looked around the snowy landscape as if expecting something to jump out.

"Doctor?" asked Derpy.

"Yes?" the Doctor asked in reply.

"I can't believe it...but I think it's her. I don't know how...but she's found me." Derpy began to cry some more. "I don't want to go back to her! Please don't let me go back, Doctor! Don't make me go back!" The Doctor felt a déjà vu chill rush up and down his spine. "You can protect me, Doctor, but you're going to need them as well."

"Who is after you? Who do I need to protect you? Twilight? I swear, Derpy, that Twilight and I are more than enough to protect you."

"No...you're going to need her as well. The Lady Time-Lord is returning."

"Who is the Lady Time-Lord?"

"Do you know what Lady Time-Lord crudely translates into through Latin and Italian?" The Doctor was surprised. How could Derpy know about the Latin and Italian languages? He had yet to tell her about the languages in his universe and he was sure that those languages didn't exist in Equestria. How could she know? Derpy brought her muzzle up to the Doctor's ear and whispered, "It means...Donna Temple-Noble." The Doctor's eyes widened in shock.

"Impossible!" As Derpy lost consciousness, a series of rotting, icy arms reached up through the snow and grabbed onto Derpy. They then began to pull Derpy under the earth.

"Derpy! Doctor!" Twilight cried. The Doctor pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver and aimed it at the arms. One arm came up, knocked the Screwdriver out his his hoof, and grabbed onto said hoof. The Screwdriver flew off and landed in the snow nearby. Twilight aimed her horn at the arms but the arms were ready. Before Twilight could react, one of the arms through a ball of blue magical energy at her. In a flash of blue light, Twilight was frozen in a prison of ice that surrounded her entire body.

"Twilight," breathed the Doctor. The Doctor tried to break free but the arms were too powerful. More arms reached up and grabbed onto him and Derpy. The Doctor was still struggling madly as the arms pulled him and Derpy under the earth. The Doctor's last view of the surface was Twilight frozen in time in the middle of a snowy wonderland with a blizzard beginning to roll in.