• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 978 Views, 23 Comments

Rush in Equestria - RustyNails



The legendary Canadian rock band come to Equestria.

  • ...
4
 23
 978

Rushed To Ponyville

"You sure about this Twilight?" asked Applejack. "I mean I know we need the help of these Rush things, but is it right to just, ya know, swipe ‘em like this?"

"I’m just as unsure as anypony Applejack, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Rush are our only chance to save Equestria. Let’s hope they can help us."

Twilight opened the chest that contained the Elements of Harmony and levitated the necklaces onto the necks of her friends. She placed her Element crown on her head.

"Are we ready?" she asked.

"Ready."

"All set."

"Alright."

"It's on."

"Let's get Rushed!" said Pinkie.
The ponies all looked at her confused.

"What?"

"Okay, phase one."
Twilight lit up her horn and created a portal in the middle of the room. Through it they could see Geddy, Alex, and Neil enjoying their hobbies. Geddy was dusting his baseball collection. Alex was out on the golf range. Neil was taking photographs of some ocean cliffs, where he'd stopped on a motorcycle trip.

"Well what’ya know, there they are,” Applejack commented. “What strange creatures.”

“Oooh look!” said Pinkie Pie. “The skinny ones got a mane like us.”

"And these three are some of the best musicians of their dimension?" asked Rarity.
Rainbow jumped in.

"How ‘bout we stop stalling and get them over here. Equestria's getting darker by the minute."

"Okay girls, here we go."
Twilight took a deep breath.

"Phase two."
All six closed their eyes. Their Elements glowed their respective colors as they levitated into the air. Each Element shot out its color toward Twilight's crown. Twilight's eyes glowed pure white and she fired the rainbow from her crown through the portal…

A strange ball of pink light appeared in Geddy's baseball room. Geddy put down his dusting rag to investigate.

"What the heck is that?"
He approached the strange light, waving his hand through it. Suddenly rainbow colors shot out of it and surrounded him.

"What's going on!?"
Before Geddy could react, the rainbow engulfed his body and with a flash of light he vanished into thin air.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out on the golf course, Alex was at the tee about to take a swing at the 14th hole. Just as he reared up, the same pink light ball appeared. Alex was transfixed by the ball.

"Wow. This is pretty cool."
He tried to touch it, and the same rainbow shot out of the ball and engulfed him too.

"Hey! What the…" in a flash, Alex was gone. His golf club fell onto the green.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out on the cliffs, Neil was taking a few more shots of the view from his vantage point.

“Just perfect."
The pink ball of light appeared behind him.

"Whoa, that’s weird."
He approached the ball, transfixed by its strangeness and beauty.

"Never seen anything like this."
He picked up his camera to snap a picture. Suddenly, the rainbow shot out of the ball.

"Whoa!!!"
The rainbow surrounded him and he vanished in a flash of light. The camera fell onto the grass.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The three balls of light raced through a long rainbow tunnel leading toward a light. They grew closer and closer, and in a big flash Geddy, Alex, and Neil were lying unconscious on the floor of Twilight's library.

"I think it worked," Twilight sighed.