• Published 26th Jan 2016
  • 978 Views, 23 Comments

Rush in Equestria - RustyNails



The legendary Canadian rock band come to Equestria.

  • ...
4
 23
 978

Going Home

The guys stood in the throne room among the Mane Six, the CMC, and the Princesses themselves.

"Geddy, Neil, Alex,” said Celestia. “We can’t thank you enough for saving Equestria."

"You’re very welcome, Your Highness." said Geddy. "We were really happy to do it.”

“Your music was absolutely amazing.” Luna added. “That song about the...Barchetta was my favorite.”

“Thanks, but these ponies deserve the real thanks.” Alex added. “They put every piece of the show together. It was with their help that made the show extraordinary."

The mares and fillies smiled bashfully.

“Yes.” said Celestia. “They are all amazing ponies. I’m very proud of all of them.”

“I sure hope you come back and tour Equestria again.” said Luna.

“We’d be glad too.” said Geddy.

“Do ya pinkie promise?!” Pinkie squeaked.

“Cross our heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” The guys replied.

“I’ll bring my motorcycle next time too.” said Neil.

“Before you return home,” Celestia continued. “We have something to show you.”

Spike pulled open a curtain revealing a stained glass window of the band on stage destroying the cloud with a shining “Star Pony” symbol.

“This is in tribute to your amazing music, and the power of your friendship.”

“Oh this is amazing!”

“Forget the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!” said Geddy. “This is so much better!”

“Next to the Order of Canada, this is the greatest honor we’ve had.” said Neil. “Thank you so much.”

“Do you guys have time for a photo?” asked Scootaloo.

“Of course. We always make time for that.” said Geddy.
The ponies, and Spike gathered up with the band, all cracking big smiles. Luna held a camera in her magic.

“Everypony say Rush.”

“Rush!!!!”
She snapped the photo.

“Perfect!”

“Before we go home, we’ve got something to say.” Geddy spoke.

The three of them knelt down to talk to the ponies.

“We really enjoyed being here. The three of us feel honored that you brought us here to help you, and that we’ve all become great friends. We’ve shown how the power of friendship can literally save the world.”

“We’ll sure miss you guys.” said Applebloom.

“Rainbow,” said Geddy “good luck with Ponyville’s baseball team. And Applejack, all the best with the farm.”

Alex spoke to Pinkie Pie and Rarity.

“Pinkie, keep being the biggest goof you possibly can be. And Rarity, keep being absolutely fabulous.”

“Twilight,” said Neil. “All the best with your magic studies. That display you made for Red Sector A was killer.”
Twilight blushed.

“Fluttershy?” Neil pulled her close to whisper in her ear. “Your shyness is your greatest strength. Always remember that.” Fluttershy smiled as Neil stroked her mane.

“Cutie Mark Crusaders,” Geddy continued. “Keep crusading. You’ll get your cutie marks very soon.”

“Spike,” said Alex. “You’re one awesome dragon.”

“Thanks!”

“We better get going.” Said Alex “Our families will be wondering where we are.”

“Hey Neil,” Applejack pulled him close. “No pony knows this, but I snuck the apple pie recipe in your bag.”

“Awesome, thank you. My family will love it.”

The Mane Six strapped on their elements, as the guys picked up their bags of equipment.

“Are you ready?” Twilight asked.
Neil, Geddy, and Alex nodded.

“Rush and Pony on.” Said Geddy.

The ponies closed their eyes and concentrated. The jewels in their necklaces glowed and shot their colors toward Twilight’s crown. Eyes glowing white, Twilight fired the rainbow energy from her element. The rainbow swirled around the three men and in a flash, they disappeared.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The ponies clopped through Canterlot back to the stadium.

“That was so much fun.” Said Applejack. “What a swell bunch o guys.”

“They were so funny.” said Pinkie. “I could’ve taken a few random goofiness lessons, especially from Alex.”

They all looked up at the beautiful night sky.

“And best of all.” said Twilight. “We’ve got our sky back.”

“Hey crusaders,” said Applebloom. “Bet you can’t wait to get back to practicin.”

“Yay!” Sweetie Belle squeed. “Rock band cutie marks!”

“Say Spike,” Twilight asked. “What did they think of your joke?”

“I never got to tell it. Something always cut me off.”

“Well, if it’ll make you feel better,” Rarity cooed. “You can tell it to me.”

“Really?” Spike got sparkly eyed. “Okay, there...ahh nuts, I completely forgot it now!”

The ponies couldn’t help but giggle softly.

“I must admit it.” Rarity commented. “Though I’ve never been one for rock and roll, Rush are now my exception. Can’t wait to see what creations I make with Moving Pictures on my record player.”

“Ahh Yeah!” Rainbow squeed. “I’m gonna throw Signals on my walkpony and start planning Ponyville’s baseball team.”

“Yes” Twilight sighed. “Let’s all get back to our normal lives. Just after we…clean up the stadium.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Geddy appeared back in his baseball room, right where he had been teleported before.

“Ged? I’m home. Are you here?”

“In here, Nance.”
Geddy’s wife, Nancy walked in and gave him a hug and kiss.

“Hey hun, how was your trip?”

“Wonderful. What did you get up to this weekend?”

“Oh, you know, the usual stuff. Watched baseball, kept the house in order, played a concert for magical ponies.”
Nancy laughed thinking her husband was joking.

“Cool. Didn’t know ponies were fans of Rush.”

“Oh, Rush is popular even beyond this universe. How bout some wine for a welcome home treat?”

“Sounds great. Would love to taste the 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon you got recently?”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex arrived back at his house in Toronto.

“Char? I’m back.”
His wife, Charlene gave him a big hug and kiss.

“Did you have a great time with your family?”

“Best as always! Hey, did you read the papers?”

“No, what are they saying?”

“Sightings of colored ponies here in Toronto. Downtown, and the Aga Khan, and even up at the CN. One of them even had a Presto shirt.”

“Now how could that have happened. Hmm.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neil rolled into his driveway on his motorcycle. Carrie and Olivia were waiting for him.

"Daddy! Daddy!"
Olivia ran up to her father as he took off his helmet. He picked her up and gave her a kiss.

"Hey, how's my sugarcube doing?"
Carrie came up to him.

"Hi hun, how was your trip?"

"Great."

"How was the concert daddy?"

"Liv honey, daddy wasn't at a concert. Liv has been telling me how you, Geddy, and Alex went to play a concert for lots of little ponies."

"Really." Neil laughed.

"She even said she saw three ponies come into the house last night to gather your drums."

"She's got quite an imagination."
Neil set her down as they all turned to go inside. He bent down closer to her.

"Let me guess, you saw Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie, didn't you."

"Mmmhmmm."

"Well, since I don't think anyone will believe us, we'll just make it our little secret."
Olivia nodded happily.

"By the way, the show was the best we ever played."
He picked Olivia up and joined Carrie at the door.

"Say ladies, who wants some apple pie."

"Mmm I'd love some." said Carrie.

"Well come with me. I'm going to make the best apple pie you've ever tasted."

Author's Note:

I wanted to extend a big round of thanks to everything that helped make this story possible.

To Test4Echo and ShadowOfCygnus for their great editing help, and story ideas. They really helped make this story great.

To the rest of the Brony community.

To the great team at Hasbro & DHX who make My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as magical as it is.

And lastly, the amazing musical talents of Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart, and their 40 years of making incredible music together.

Rush & Pony On!!

Comments ( 4 )

That was a fun and entertaining little story. Probably helps I'm a Rush fan, too.

Sometimes the character interactions seemed a little rough, and a maybe a little too much deus ex machina, but you still got the job done.

I really enjoyed reading and listening (took me a span of 3 days to get through it, but totally worth it!) and I really loved where you took the story! Loved all the jokes! Thank you for writing!

7238914 I do have to say Chrysie's depiction seemed a little over the top 2D villain--(it was more like Mane-iac's performance, TBH), but you did well to capture Rush's personalities. Agree wholeheartedly with Tanglefire, this was an entertaining and fun story. Nicely done! :twilightsmile:

This was a nice little story. My dad is in love with Rush and after reading this story i might have to start listening to them more often :raritywink:. Good job

Rest In Peace Neil Peart.

Login or register to comment