• Published 11th Mar 2013
  • 20,813 Views, 889 Comments

Enter Nurse Luna! - Foxy Kimchi



Princess Celestia contracts the flu. Who other than her dear, loving sister to take care of her?

  • ...
36
 889
 20,813

A Research Journal of a Madpony.

An excerpt from Foxe Yi Kimchi's research journal.

I have worked long and tedious hours try to study Alicorn biology from afar. Sadly, I am nothing more than a meager microbiologist, unworthy to meet the Princesses of Equestria. However, that does not mean I will give up on my life's work! I have scoured countless tomes from just as many libraries to try and catch a glimpse of the Princesses' daily life. I have asked just as many palace staff about our beloved Princesses, trying to find every rumor I could get my hooves on. As we know, our Princesses are immune to virtually all diseases. Heavens be praised! But I may have found a disease that actually infects the Princesses of Equestria.

There are stories that over a thousand years ago our Princess of the Moon, Luna, contracted this rare disease. I have read that first symptoms are very similar to that of the common flu. However, as quickly as the symptoms appeared, Princess of the Sun, Celestia, had to take drastic actions. I heard that Princess Celestia had to quarantine her sister in her room until the illness passed. It must have only gone worse from there, because I have read stories that cries of anguish could be heard from her chambers. Princess Celestia assured everypony that everything was alright. But still, it must have been a horrific illness due to the fact that when Princess Luna was asked about it, she adamantly refused to talk about it. Some say her face turned green when thinking about it.

In addition, the last piece of information I was able to obtain is that in recent centuries, Princess Celestia was known to get a shot in a routinely, centennial, fashion. However that shot is kept a secret, as the physicians who administered it will not reveal any information. Could it possibly be a vaccine like the flu vaccine? Surely it could not be something as simply as that. This is a pathogen that can infect the most powerful beings on Earth! I have attached above a diagram of what I think the pathogen must look like. Since it infects only Alicorn princesses, it too must share common properties with said Alicorn Princesses.

Oh how I would love nothing more to study this disease! If only I could get my hooves on a culture of this pathogen! Think of the SCIENCE that I could do! But I must work fast. I cannot let somepony beat me in this discovery. I CANNOT LET TWILIGHT SPARKLE BEAT ME IN THIS DISCOVERY! IT IS NOT FAIR! HOW COME SHE GETS TO FIND ALL THE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES? I mean yeah she is Princess Celestia's personal protegee a saved Equestria numerous times... BUT IT IS NOT FAIR! CAN'T SHE THROW JUST A FEW SCRAPS FOR US LOWLY PONIES? JUST ENOUGH SO LONELY SCIENTIST LIKE ME HAVE A CHANCE AT A SCIENTIFIC BREAKTHROUGH! JUST ONE IS ALL I ASK FOR! WITH A SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERY UNDER MY BELT I CAN FINALLY GET A MAREFRIEND! WHY DOES TWILIGHT SPARKLE GET TO HOG ALL THE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES? WAAaa-

The rest of the segment is unlegible due to numerous water like stains found on the bottom of the page, which in turn has caused the ink to run off. Chemical analysis of this water like substance revealed that it was in fact, tears of unfathomable sadness. In addition, rumors say that Foxe Yi Kimchi was found passed out with many empty bottles of beer around him during this time.

Author's Note:

Many thanks to PoisonSt for drawing these pictures. In addition, he has also agreed to draw more pictures for me in the future. What that means is that each new chapter will have a picture or two with it. So, if you want more pictures, go thank PoisonSt. Like him, watch him, just thank him and let him know his work is awesome if you want more pictures.

Lastly, chapters one and two have been cleaned up, even though the site has not changed the 'last modified' date.