• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 11,755 Views, 292 Comments

Ponies One Half - Emma Iveli



Thanks to a teleportation accident, Twilight and her friends are stuck in another universe, not only that but the first thing that happens to them is that they get cursed. And that's least weird thing that happens to them.

  • ...
21
 292
 11,755

Sorrow and Rage

Chapter 19: Sorrow and Rage

Momo bent down to Ranma. Tears began to stream down her eyes as her pigtails hung limply by her face.

“Ranma, I’m sorry!” she cried, “It’s all my fault.”

“Every bone in his body must be crushed.” said Mikado, “Nothing human can survive that.”

Momo began to sob, and cried much louder as she held on to him.

“Please don’t be dead… please don’t be dead.” She cried. Ranma coughed, and smirked, though it did seem like it hurt.

“Hey! I’m not dead!” yelled Ranma. He winced again.

“You’re alive?” smiled, Momo, “You’re alive!”

She hugged him as she continued to cry.

“It’s okay Pinkie, I’m going to be fine.” said Ranma. He grimaced again as Momo kept hugging.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In the audience, Piggy Ryoga began to oink a lot.

Chiyo knew he wanted to turn human; So she, Belle and Akane all went to a private place to talk to him.

Belle put underwear on the ground, and they looked at her oddly.

“What? We can’t have him be naked now, can we?” asked Belle. The other girls nodded

Chiyo placed Ryoga on the floor and Akane poured hot water on him and he turned human (and thankfully the underwear covered him).

“What’s wrong?” asked Chiyo.

“Do you remember what Ranma said after his first fight with him?” asked Ryoga, referring to Mikado.

“Wait… you mean?” asked Chiyo.

Ryoga nodded, it was indeed that.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back on the ice, Ranma got back up. But his entire body was in pain.

“So even if you did live, you can’t handle even standing up.” said Mikado, smiling at his handiwork.

“Wait, Ranma can’t continue on like this.” said Momo.

“Unless you come up with a replacement we have to continue the match.” said Azusa practically squeeing at the fact that they had this in the bag.

“Oh yeah, I’ll be his replacement!” came a voice.

They turned to see Ryoga dressed in his own skating outfit (its colors were yellow with hints of black, and he even had his own matching headband). Mikado face palmed, saying something about Azusa jinxing things.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Is that who I think it is?” asked Mamoru, “It appears to be Ryoga Hibiki!”

“He and Ranma are rivals.” said Ran.

“I see.” Said Mamoru as he took out his camera phone and began to take a whole mess of pictures.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back on the ice…

“Ryoga, what are you doing here?” asked Ranma.

“But Ranma, you said that if you were thrown into a wall and couldn’t continue he would take over.” said Momo.

Ranma sweat dropped when she said that. Momo was right, though his pride was hurt…not as bad as he was at the moment.

“Fine, I will accept.” said Mikado.

Ranma skated to Ryoga and switched places, where Akane and Shampoo were seemingly waiting for him.

“Are you okay?” asked Akane.

“I could be better.” said Ranma. He held his side.

“Did you see dent you made?” asked Shampoo.

“Yeah…” said Ranma as he looked back at the dent, he couldn’t blame her freaking out like that.

Back on the ice, Momo skated over to Ryoga.

“Did you learn more about ice skating?” asked Momo.

“I only learned the basics that you taught me…” , sighed Ryoga.

“I see…” said Momo.

Ryoga looked at Momo’s hair which hadn’t “re-inflated” yet.

“This isn’t going to end well…” he thought.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“I’m not sure what happened to Momo’s hair, but I can’t help but get a bad feeling about it.” said Mamoru.

“I just hope a bucket of turnips isn’t involved.” mumbled Ran.

“What?” asked Mamoru.

“You don’t want to know.” said Ran who shuddered at the memory.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back on the ice, Momo glared at the two.

“How dare you hurt Ranma like that!” yelled Momo glaring at them.

“It was you who did it.” taunted Azusa in a sing-song voice.

Momo glared at her as harshly as she could, since she wasn’t in a good mood it was a glare that made Azusa casually shudder.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In the stands, Furinkan High’s Otaku pair watched.

“I’ve never seen Momo this angry.” said the girl.

“Me neither.” Said the boy, “But… I think this calls for some music.”

He took out his iPod, which the girl quickly grabbed.

“As much as it was funny last time, but it worked last time because it felt like a Pokémon battle.” said the girl, face palming.

The boy took out a second one. The girl frowned.

“Who said anything about Pokémon?” asked the boy. “I figure something more fitting to Momo’s rage will do here….”

The IPod began to blare out “Rage Awakened” from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Momo skated towards Azusa and delivered a rough kick that sent her into the air, and leapt up.

“Marshmallow Knee Jab!” yelled Momo, jabbing her knee into Azusa’s chest.

Azusa landed hard on the ice, groaning in pain. She managed to get up and look at Momo.

“Is that all you got?” asked Azusa, “Because that was weak.” She then held her stomach.

“No, it isn’t!” said Momo angrily.

Ryoga sighed, he knew that when her hair was flat, it was never a good thing and he knew he had to end the match quickly.

He skated over to Mikado and delivered a harsh punch; Mikado managed to get up.

“What did I ever do to you?” asked Mikado.

“You tried to kiss Chiyo.”, growled Ryoga.

“What is she, your girlfriend?” said Mikado.

Ryoga blushed bright red, “No… no… of course not.”

“I see.” Said Mikado, “If she isn’t your girlfriend, then it doesn’t matter.”

Ryoga skated over to Mikado, but he tripped.

“I see you’re even worse at this than the other one.” said Mikado, “Why are you even fighting then?”

Ryoga glared at him as he got up. “I have my reasons. Let’s go!”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back with Momo’s fight…..

Azusa started to dodge Momo’s attacks, but Momo was starting to get faster. Azusa, for the first time since going into Anything Goes Martial Arts, was not only scared, but also felt like taunting her opponent was a bad idea.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In the stands… they watched the Momo/Azusa fight, all of them worried at the situation.

“This isn’t good.” said Hikaru scared.

“Wait, I don’t understand….” said Akane, confused.

“When Pinkie’s hair is flat, bad things tend to happen.” replied Alex.

“Or…. she has one of her nightmares.”, Ranma then stated.

They are watched in silence, Momo’s blows were getting fiercer by the second.

“I hope she calms down before she does something she regrets.” said Ranma, hoping Momo’s rage didn’t go too far.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Momo skated close to Azusa, “Giant Pocky Uppercut!” she shouted as she sent Azusa flying with an uppercut. Azusa landed with a thud onto the ice, clearly hurt.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Mikado saw that Ryoga was still struggling with standing up, so he decided to see if she was okay.

“Azusa is fine.”, said Azusa trying to get up from the powerful uppercut.

“Should we?” asked Mikado.

“Doing the good bye whirl is a bad idea.” cried Azusa, “It will only get her angrier.”

Mikado nodded, realizing she might be right…

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ryoga clumsily skated over to Momo. He then patted her on the shoulder.

“Calm down Momo.” said Ryoga.

Momo began to cry, “But…”

Ryoga sighed; he reached in to hug her. He knew that’s what she needed right now.

“Ranma’s fine… there’s no way that would take him out…” said Ryoga, “Don’t blame yourself either…”

“Okay…” whispered Momo, despite the fact her hair hadn’t poofed back up.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In the stands, everyone in the cheering section all breathed a sigh of relief.

“Should we still be worried?” asked Chiyo.

“Well, her hair isn’t back to normal.” said Belle.

“Let see if she go nuts again.” said Shampoo. Cue everyone else looking at her oddly.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Elsewhere in the stands, the boy Otaku sighed as he turned off his iPod. The girl Otaku handed him back the one she took away.

“Cool down hug, gets them every time.” said the boy, smiling..

“Except for that one time in Naruto...” the otaku girl replied.

“Good point.” said the boy, nodding at this.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back in the announcers’ booth…

“Looks like things are calming down…” said Mamoru.

“But Pinkie’s hair isn’t back to normal.” stated Ran.

“How does that work, anyways?” asked Mamoru.

Ran shrugged.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Ryoga broke the hug and the two looked at their opponents. There was a silence as the tension began to rise again.

Ryoga smirked and punched the ice, which began to burst out some water which splashed Momo.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“I should mention that this ice rink was made by freezing a swimming pool.” said Mamoru.

“That’s stupid.” said Ran, shaking her head.

“You got that right.” said Mamoru, “I mean sooner or later the ice would break apart due to the attacks…”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The ice began to break apart much more until it was just floating ice chunks on the water.

“Pinkie…” said Ryoga, “Please prevent me from falling in…”

“Okay.” said Momo, knowing that Ryoga didn’t want to turn into his pig form, lest Azusa kidnap him again.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back in the stands… they all watched with sweat drops.

“That’s what he gets for imitating me.” said Ranma.

“You punched a hole in the ice?” asked Belle with a sweat drop.

Alex and Shampoo also didn’t know about that side of the story and stared at him. Ranma just laughed nervously and shrugged.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Back on the ice, Momo got an idea.

“Ryoga, as long as you don’t fall in, this is perfect!” said Momo.

“How so?” said Ryoga.

That was when her pigtails poofed back up, while it did relieve Ryoga that she was back to normal, it did scare Ryoga a little hat she was back to normal.

“You can just stay in one place and throw ice chunks at them!” said Momo.

Ryoga blinked, “That’s perfect! Good idea Pinkie!” said Ryoga.

Mikado glared at Ryoga, “You clearly don’t have any respect for the ice.” He said, “Why are you even fighting… other than the fact you clearly like that girl.”

“That’s none of your business.” said Ryoga.

“Yeah! It’s not like he’s cursed to turn into a pig and his pig form is what we’re fighting over.” Replied Momo. Ryoga groaned, knowing she should’ve expected Momo to say something like that.

“Really?” asked Azusa, intrigued.

“No… it’s clear she’s making fun of you.” said Mikado.

“Oh… because if he did turn into Charlotte, that would be amazing.” Azusa remarked, “Azusa would make him her boyfriend.”

“I told you she’s making fun of you, idiot!” yelled Mikado.

Ryoga grabbed a chunk and threw it at Mikado. However the figure skater dodged the attack.

“Are we fighting or what?” asked Ryoga.

Mikado scowled.

“We can’t do any of our moves on the ice like this,” Azusa said as she dodged another ice chunk.

“Looks like we’re going to have to improvise,” stated Mikado.

“But you’re no good at improvising.” Said Azusa matter of factly.

“Okay… you’re going to have to do the improvising,” Mikado said, face palming.

“Okay!” said Azusa. She began to spin around causing a fog while saying “Dance of the Snow Bird”.

That was when fog covered the entire rink.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Looks like it’s the Dance of the Snow Bird, the fast version of the Couple Cleaver.” said Mamoru in awe.

“Pinkie can beat that.” said Ran.

“Oh really, how?” asked Mamoru.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Momo began to look around and saw a shadow in the distance.

“Marco!” yelled Momo.

Ryoga realized what she was doing, and sighed a little. Then again, he was teamed up with the one and only Pinkie Pie, so of course this would be the way to maneuver in the dense fog.

“Polo!” called out Ryoga.

Momo saw that shadows moved when Ryoga said Polo, and knew it was him. She decided to go take Azusa on her own.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“And it appears that Momo just used the pool game Marco Polo to find her way around the move.” said Mamoru.

“Can’t say I’m surprised.” sighed Ran, knowing Pinkie well enough to have expected something like this.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Meanwhile, Mikado looked in the dense fog for Ryoga.

“He is going to pay for his crime against the ice,” he said, grinding his teeth.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

With Azusa, she continued her spinning.

“It will work, it always does.” thought Azusa.

“Hi!” said Momo, popping up in front of her.

Azusa got so surprised that she fell on to her butt. The fog that she created disappeared giving everyone a clear view of the pool that was once a rink.

“How did you do that?” asked Azusa.

“That’s a secret.” said Momo, wiggling her finger.

Azusa got up, and smirked, “Azusa doesn’t know how you do things… but I have to admit Azusa is having fun.”

“What do you mean?” asked Momo.

“You are the only one to ever break Azusa’s defenses.” said Azusa, with a smile.

“Really?” asked Momo, “That’s so awesome!”

Azusa smirked, her battle aura was showing.

“Oh, so we’re doing the whole battle aura thing?” asked Momo.

She began to show hers.

However there was a bit of a problem with the two battle auras facing off against each other.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Both of them are showing off a spectacular battle aura!” said Mamoru.

“And they’re both pink,” Ran mentioned, with a sweat drop building.

“But now that I’m looking at it, it appears to be two different shades of pink; Azusa’s is more of a cherry blossom pink while Momo’s is more of a bubblegum.”

“Really?” asked Ran, “Because I can’t tell the difference between them.”

“Bubble gum is a tiny bit lighter.” said Mamoru, holding up his pointer and thumb to show how tiny it was.

“If you say so,” muttered Ran with another sweat drop.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

However with the cleared fog, Ryoga and Mikado were able to see each other.

“It is time to end this.” said Mikado.

Mikado turned to kick Ryoga, but Ryoga dodged. However, Ryoga slipped and almost fell into the water. He managed to catch himself between two pieces of ice.

“Now to end this.” growled Mikado, as he aimed a jump at Ryoga.
Ryoga took a breath, and used all of his strength to pick up the two chunks of ice he was holding onto using only a small chunk of ice as a foot hold. He smashed Mikado between the two pieces then threw the two pieces away. He managed to jump onto a larger piece of ice and take a breath.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Both Momo and Azusa stopped their show down of pink battle auras.

“Oh, he got defeated?” asked Azusa, frowning.

“Oh… I was hoping that we would have a chance to shoot our battle auras at each other in a flurry of awesome attacks.” pouted Momo. Her friends groaned at Momo being, well, her.

After 10 seconds of Mikado not surfacing, a bell was rung.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

“Mikado Sanzenin has not resurfaced, which means one thing! Momo Mochi and Ryoga Hibiki have won.” said Mamoru.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

There were some cheers in the audience, from those who attended Furinkan High and the slight minority that hated both Azusa and Mikado.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Momo hopped over to Ryoga and made sure that he got on to dry ground so no one knew he turned into a pig, while many students went to go get the life guard and medical staff to check both Mikado and Ranma.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

After not too long in the infirmary, Ranma was being looked over.

“Now let me go though this.” said the doctor looking over him, “Are you a robot?”

“What? No…” said Ranma.

“What planet are you from?” asked the doctor. Ranma groaned.

“I’m… from earth…” said Ranma.

“I see.” Said the doctor, “Then how are you still alive?! I saw that dent, I even saw the video of that impact… you shouldn’t have merely minor sprains…”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Outside the room, they heard this conversation and all sweat dropped.

“It looks like Ranma’s going to be all right.” said Akane.

“That’s good.” said Momo, who started giving a sad smile.

Before Momo could get any more depressed, they heard a yell of “Hey! Give me back my blanket!”

Azusa came out of the room holding a blanket with a picture of a ducky on it, holding it and humming, causing everyone to sweat drop.

Azusa saw them looking, she looked at Momo and pointed. “This isn’t over Momo Mochi! We will fight again, even if it has to be one on one!”

“Really?” asked Momo perking up, “Then we’re rivals?”

“We are!” said Azusa.

“Really?! Awesome, I have my own rival!” cheered Momo.

“Their rivalry is going to be really weird, isn’t it?” asked Alex.

“Shampoo think so…” said Shampoo.

“I TOLD YOU I’M A NORMAL HUMAN!” yelled Ranma in the other room.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

That night at the Tendo Dojo…

“Hey! Does anyone else have to use the bath?” asked Rainbow Dash.

That was when she was pulled away from the living room by Applejack.

“Please! Can I please say good bye to Charlotte?” asked Azusa.

“No… please go away.” said Akane.

“If you stay here any longer, I’m going to charge you,” stated Nabiki.

“But I want to see Charlotte!” whined Azusa.

Ryoga, who was also in the room sighed…

“Don’t even think about it.” said Ranma, “Or do you want to date her…” Ranma then smirked

Ryoga sweat dropped, yeah, having her in there was better than being forced to date her…

And so after an emotional roller coaster of a fight, Momo/Pinkie gained a rival… but who knows what was going to happen in the future or if the other ponies would eventually gain them.

Hopefully there would be at least one more rivalry…

Comments ( 14 )

Sorry for the logn wait, thanks to a horrible combination of various things it took me months to finsh the chapter...

...I can't think of anything nice to say. This story is about as random as the actual manga. And at least that had pictures.

Ranma needs more girl time if you catch my drift

This is probably the equivalent to what reading a novel version of the manga would be like. Still this is a funny story and I can't wait to see more. One can only imagine what a rival for Applejack or Twilight would be like from the Ranma 1/2 series. The only reason I didn't say that for Fluttershy is because she is too kind and shy to make anyone her rival.

3465229
It doesn't matter how long it takes for an update to come; you releasing a new chapter brings hope for all incomplete fics declared dead before their time.

They are watched in silence
it did scare Ryoga a little hat she was back to normal

1. They watched in silence.
2. That.

“Oh… I was hoping that we would have a chance to shoot our battle auras at each other in a flurry of awesome attacks.”

This Line reminds me of that one Flash in Bob and George. "It took the Entire budget just to get our auras standing there, Now you want them to fight?"

5101472
Erm, you do realize that theres over a hundred chapters shes written and published over on fanfiction.net, right?

is this still being updated?

I hope you're not dead, I loved your fic

Glad I finally got a chance to get back to this one, I'll have to pop over to FF.net to read the rest of it. Still, thanks for posting this much here!

Hopefully there would be at least one more rivalry…

Hopefully. But, at this point in time, it's obvious we'll never know. Which is a crying shame! This is one of the super few Ranma crossovers I actually like!!

Login or register to comment