• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 1,023 Views, 32 Comments

Trixie's Dark Ascension - knightwolf



Trixie has finally rebuilt her life in the morthern must parts of Equestria and is once again a popular show mare, but a dark stranger comes and offers Trixie a cryptic opportunity.

  • ...
0
 32
 1,023

Chapter 9: The Ascension

Chapter 9: The Ascension

When Trixie woke up, she did not know where she was. All she knew, was that the pain had stopped, and she no longer had her hat and cape. Her eyes opened to see a sea of stars up in the sky. Is Trixie outside? Trixie thought to herself. She rolled over onto her belly and sat up right in order to observe her surroundings… or lack there of.

Every direction, including down, was a vast sea of stars the seemed to go on forever. Although the beauty of her surroundings was not lost on her, she was more concerned about what exactly she was standing on. Stomping her hoof a few times on what felt like solid ground, Trixie grew curious and decided to spit to see if it would leave a splatter. However the spit continued to fall past her hoof and fell for eternity into the sky beneath her. Sweat now running down her forehead, Trixie looked upwards (or what she thought was upwards) and asked the sky.

“Is Trixie dead?” she asked. There was no reply.

“You know Trixie always thought for some reason that the Afterlife would be more lively then this,” Trixie said sitting there all alone. She then tried to cast a spell to see if it could help in some way only to have it fizzle out.

“Okay, so no magic either,” Trixie said. Then she had a horrible realization “Oh no! Could this be Trixie’s punishment! A special talent in magic but in a place where magic can’t work, and a performer with no audience to perform for, all alone forever and ever? That’s horrible!” Trixie held her hoofs up to her mouth in shock.

But the feeling of horror didn’t last long as despair started to set in, with her head hung low, Trixie’s eyes began to water. “This isn’t what Trixie wanted. Trixie just wanted to be relevant, or important. Great … and powerful. I guess Sombra was wrong after all, or that he could lie and was just using me for whatever reason.”

“Those who get greatness will get it regardless of what they do, whether thy like it or not, and those who won’t get it never will despite what they might do to try and get it,” Trixie muttered to herself.

Tears now ran down her face and fell into the beautiful abyss of stars under her. This was it, Trixie had given up, and there was no getting out of this. She sat there resigned to her fate. She wouldn’t even fight back, for what would be the point? There was nothing she could do but sit there alone for all of time, and so she did. This was what she deserved anyway she thought…

WHO DARES SET HOOF IN THIS SACRED REALM? DEFILING IT WITH THINE PRESENCE‽” A voice as loud as thunder screamed.

Trixie nearly jumped out of her fur at the new and sudden sound. Apparently there was a God, and she was very angry. Trixie turned to look at where the voice had come from to see a thick dark mist appear and emerging form with it the mist was a tall black Alicorn. Her mane and tail where a purple aura that seemed to contain stares and galaxies of there own, and her eyes were green and cat like. Her entire body seemed to glitter. She appeared to wear regal attire with a black tiara above her horn. Only two words seemed to come out of Trixie's mouth at the sight of this new entity looking down at her.

“N-n-Nightmare M-Moon?” Trixie stuttered.

“Nightmare Moon?” The black Alicorn chuckled. “Funny, I thought you would be taller.” Her attitude shifted from anger to a playfully amused. “Well I suppose I should introduce myself. I am Princess Luna, Shepherd of the Stars, Mistress of Darkness, Queen of the Moon, The Defeater of the Smooze, and Empress of the Night Sky. Now that that’s out of the way would you like me to call you Nightmare or Ms. Moon or do you only go by the full Nightmare Moon?”

“What?” Trixie asked suddenly confused. “N-no, Trixie is Trixie. You … you’re Nightmare Moon!” Trixie pointed her hoof at the black Alicorn.

“Moi?” The Alicorn said with a fake gasp, then she started to examine her hoof as if it was the first time she had ever seen it. “Well I suppose I can see where you could make that mistake, but I think you just missed a memo or something because I no longer go by that name. Use one of my other names. I listed off at least five for you.”

“No, Trixie has seen photos of Luna and you don’t look anything like her.” Trixie didn’t know why she was arguing this being that she know full well that according to the old legends Nightmare Moon was able to beat up even Celestia, but Trixie was half convinced she was dead already so what did it matter.

The dark mare merely rolled her eyes. “When I’m in Equestria I cast a glamour on myself. It’s an illusion spell that hides what I truly look like. That way I look more presentable to the masses. Well that and my current form has a very negative connotation to it, and since I’m trying to improve my public image, a change in appearance was necessary.”

“Wait, if you use a glamour all the time why aren’t you using one now?” Trixie asked.

“Well, surly you’ve noticed that magic doesn’t work in here, haven’t you? Therefore my glamour doesn’t work either and you can see me as I truly am.” Luna said.

Trixie tried ounce again to cast a spell only to have it fizzle out again. “Okay, Trixie supposes that is true, but where is Trixie? What is this place? And don’t call Trixie ‘Shirley’, that’s not Trixie’s name.”

“This place? Do you really not know where we are? How did you even get here‽” Luna yelled.

“In Trixie’s defense,” Trixie paused for a brief moment. “Does anypony know what or where this place is the first time they come here?” Trixie didn’t really know where she was going with this line of logic. It just sounded a lot more philosophical in her head. Needless to say she instantly regretted it the second she said it.

Luna sat back and pondered this for a while. She had not gone to see when Twilight had been here because she didn’t like Twilight that much, and she was still trapped on the moon when Cadance was here, so theoretically they could have been very confused on how they got here, which makes it possible that this ‘Trixie’ could have simply stumbled into it. “Fair enough, I guess.”

Holy Celestia! That worked‽ Trixie thought to herself.

“Well regardless,” Luna said. “It really doesn’t matter how you got here, I think, the point is you’re here now, and nothing can change that. So let get this little trip down memory lane, or whatever it was Celestia called it, done with so we can go home.”

“Memory what now?” Trixie asked.

“Well, Celestia said that she took Twilight on some tour of her life or something, so I’m going to show you the most important parts of your life as well.” Luna waved her hoof in the air and a hallway of screens appeared before them that stretched on for a great distance. Each screen contained a moment form Trixie’s life. “You’ll have to forgive me if I don’t break out in song.”

Trixie’s jaw dropped.

“Okay then, now lets us see here.” Luna looked at the first few screens. “You where born in Neigh Orleans, your mother was a earth pony who was seduced by a traveling con colt unicorn who left without a word the very next day, and after you were born she left you with her sister to go and find him. She never came back.” Luna trailed off. “Not a very good start.”

Trixie wasn’t listening at this point. It was her life so she already knew all of this. However the screens did have her attention for this was the first time Trixie has ever seen her father, she had seen photos of her mother here and there but the only thing Trixie knew about her dad was that she looked like him.

“Well let’s just continue then. Your aunt and uncle just kind of ignored you for must of your life, giving all there attention to their own children. Since you were the only unicorn in the family there wasn’t anyone else to teach you magic, so you didn’t earn a cutie mark until after you dropped out of high school.”

“Trixie doesn’t need you summarizing every little detail of Trixie’s life. Trixie was there, Trixie lived it. Just hurry up and get to the good parts,” Trixie said.

Luna rolled her eyes, “Fine then we will skip to when you got your cutie mark then.” Luna walked to a few screens down. “You discovered your special talent for magic—magic, right?--when you saw a unicorn tourist cast a levitation spell and then was able to recreate that spell after a few tries.

“Wait, you taught yourself how to use magic?” Luna asked.

Trixie grow incredible smug. “Why yes, Trixie taught herself everything that Trixie knows. It wasn’t long after that-that Trixie took her show on the road, traveling all over Equestria performing magic shows. But little did everypony know that the show it self was just a ruse to get other ponies on stage and show off there best spell so Trixie could reconstruct the spell and use it against them increasing Trixie’s repertoire of spells."

“It didn’t take Trixie long at all to figure out how to even replicate pegasi and even earth pony magic as well. With each spell learned, Trixie’s show grew more and more impressive and the audience would believe anything,” Trixie said, and then began to laugh.

“That’s, actually kind of impressive,” Luna said. “Well, until you came to Ponyville that is.” Luna then pulled a screen with a giant star bear on it closer.

“Ok, so there where a few neighsayers, and a couple of stupid colts who wanted to see Trixie defeat an Ursa so bad they actually found one and lead it back to town.” Trixie started to sweat. “But none of that was Trixie’s fault.”

“Technically, no it was not your fault, and at very least you tried to fight off the Ursa. You utterly failed, but you tried,” Luna said studying the clip. “Most fakes just run away like the cowards they are, you at lest you stayed to face your death with some dignity.”

Trixie didn’t know how to feel about what the princess said. Most ponies just blamed the entire thing on Trixie because she lied about how powerful she was. Nor would she consider what was probably her biggest failure as a brave or dignified moment. Maybe alicorns just think differently then normal ponies, Trixie thought.

“But unfortunately for you the local towns ponies did blame you and rumors are the most powerful force in Equestria… second only to the Elements of Harmony that is,” Luna gave a light chuckle.

You’re not supposed to laugh at your own jokes there Princess, Trixie thought.

“With your reputation in ruins, your creditability in tatters, and your stage in splinters, you worked where you could and saved every bit in order to buy,” Princess Luna paused for a second to believe what she saw on the screen. “Wooo, the Alicorn Amulet. I always wondered what happened to that thing, Celestia seems to be just as bad at keeping track of powerful artifacts as she is at preventing the return of ancient evils.” Luna continued to chuckle.

“Trixie would like to say in her defense, she was not in her right mind for what’s about to come.”

“Of course you weren’t,” Luna said rolling her eyes. “The very nature of that particular amulet corrupts the mind. I think the last time a unicorn tried to use it against us we simply waited two or three months until his mind was so far gone that he took the thing off by us simply asking him if he wanted us to clean it for him.”

“So you won’t be angry at what Trixie did while wearing the amulet?” Trixie asked.

“Not really, if you had done anything practically terrible I would have heard about it.” That off hoof comment hurt Trixie more then any failure she faced so far. “I’m tempted to just skip over the whole thing because it doesn’t really say anything about the real you.” Luna continued to walk down the hall of Trixie’s life no longer interested in the nitty-gritty.

“Here’s something more recent,” Luna was near the end of the hall now. “A trip to the Crystal Empire.”

Trixie stayed calm on the outside but inside was starting to panic. Worst of all she know there was no were to run too.

“The first thing you did entering the Empire was … walk outside the dome?” Luna turned to Trixie to ask. “You do know this close to winter the outside temperature is around negative thirty something right?”

“Yes,” Trixie rolled her eyes. “Trixie enchanted her cape to keep in her body heat, so the outside temperature didn’t matter.”

“Oh, really. Where did you learn that?” Luna asked.

“There was an enchanter living in Baltimare. He thought it was very impressive on a technical level, which it was, but it didn’t wow the audience very much so it was an easy win for Trixie. Still, Trixie recognized the usefulness of the spell so Trixie kept it around even though it didn’t help the show.”

“Well let’s continue. It looks like you strayed pretty far from the city, too. Let’s see, you found something out there it was … oh please doesn’t tell me.” Luna rushed down a few screens.

“Should have know,” Luna was angry again. “You’re the one my Shadowbolts told me about. You stole the Crystal Heart!” She yelled.

“So you have heard of Trixie then.” Trixie tried to smile innocently.

Luna just glared down at her. “Do you have any idea how many ponies you put in harms way by pulling this stunt?” Luna said with a stern voice.

“Not off the top of Trixie’s head.”

“Thousands, possibly tens of thousands,” Luna didn’t know the exact population of the Crystal Empire off the top of her head either.

“Umm, well…” No Trixie, apologizing right now won’t help you. There’s no way she will forgive you just like that, not to mention it will make you look weak. I already dug my grave at this point, no reason not to dig another few feet. Trixie thought to herself.

“Well not like you can talk much, little miss ‘the night will last forever,’” Trixie said as she pointed at the black Alicorn. “Trixie saw an opportunity to become something greater then she is! A way to drastically change her destiny, so she took it.”

The look on Luna’s face softened. “Do you really think that excuses what you did?” Luna said with a sad tone.

Trixie’s poster deflated with that question, she was expecting rage and anger not a plea of pity. “N-no, I guess it doesn’t. Are-are you going to punish Trixie now?”

Luna took a deep breath and looked at the last screen. It glow bright red and was full of pain and suffering from Sombra’s machine. “By the looks of it you already were dealt a punishment, and after reviewing your entire life … I might be willing to be lenient on you and show some mercy.”

“Really!” Hope returned to Trixie’s voice.

“Only under three conditions however.” A harshness returned to Luna’s voice. “First, you are never going to do anything like this again. Your needs and wants are never more important then the lives and wellbeing of the ponies around you.”

Ok that’s understandable, Trixie thought.

“Second, because of your selfish actions, you will not be grated a title of princess. Or any title of nobility for that matter, for at lest five hundred years,” Luna said. “After that point Celestia and myself will evaluate any change in your personality and any good deeds you may have done to determine if you will be given a title or not.”

Five hundred years? So is Trixie actually immortal now?

“And finally, if I should ever find a use for you and ask you to do something for me, you will do it, no questions asked.”

“Wait, what? If Trixie is understanding this correctly your just using this to make Trixie do what ever you want.” Trixie said.

A smug grin stretched crossed Luna’s face. “Well I just figured Celestia has her darling little student who is so willing to do whatever it is she says, that it was high time I got myself my own little junior Alicorn tucked away in my pocket for some rainy day. After all, everypony needs some allies here and there, so you’re going to be my ally weather you like it or not. Because if you don’t, I’ll just have you locked up with all the other primordial evils until the end of time. I’m pretty sure you don’t want that now, do you.”

“N-no please don’t do that to Trixie.” Trixie had a bad feeling about this.

“So we have an agreement then?” The Princess of the Night asked.

“Y-yes,” Trixie agreed.

“Good girl,” Luna said while Trixie had a gut feeling like she had just made a deal with a draconequus.

“Now that that’s all settled, Trixie does have one last question,” Trixie said.

“Okay, and what would that be?” Luna asked.

“If these screens tell Trixie’s entire life, will they tell Trixie her future too?”

“No, one’s future is unwritten. It is ultimately made up of the accumulation of all your choices, so your future can be whatever you make it,” Luna replied.

“But, but what about destiny?” Trixie asked.

“Destiny?” Luna scoffed. “Destiny is nothing more then a make up concept used to justify somepony’s endgame, or to convince somepony to do something you wanted them to do.” Then Trixie started to float up and glow a bright white.

“W-what’s going on?” Trixie asked as she was engulfed in light and flowing winds.

“Your retuning to the mortal world, just no longer as a mortal. Don’t worry I’ll meet you there,” Which were the last words Trixie heard before everything turned white.

Comments ( 8 )

Luna is kinda of a bitch, isn´t she? :trixieshiftleft:


3887065

I like Luna, and since she has so little screen time in the show, I can write her however I want (the magic of fan-fiction). And I just so happen to like subtle evil, very manipulative, kind of bitchy characters :trixieshiftright:

So if you don't like her in this chapter, you probably won't like her in the next one either :trollestia:, but I hope you keep reading because I'm so close to finishing this fic I can almost taste it. :yay:

Yay alicorn Trixie luna as her mentor best fic ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3887943

So, Luna and NM were one and the same the whole time?

3890084

That is my head canon, so as far as my fic goes yes Luna and NM were one and the same the whole time. :ajsmug:

I know a lot of bronies like to separate Luna away form NM but I don't like doing that because I think it just takes a lot away from not only Luna's Character but from Celestia's as well. That and there is nothing in the show that suggests that NM was any thing else then just Luna the whole time anyway.

Well that happened. I wonder if Trixie will be able to speak normally now.

Okay so moonbutt is a bitch and can I be Sombra's lawyer?

3889911
Minus how she became a student was through blackmail. But it's fine since shes a princess. Well as much a princess as blue blood is a prince

Login or register to comment