• Published 9th Jun 2013
  • 1,920 Views, 155 Comments

Nomad's Requiem - Shadowflash



Nomad needs to deal with the fact that he lost a battle and he's now in a new plain of existence. Only option is to obtain more power, right?

  • ...
13
 155
 1,920

Chapter 2 - Gielinor? More Like Equestria


Nomad’s Requiem
Chapter 2 - Gielinor? More Like Equestria
Written by Shadowflash
Edited by:
Eldorado
Gunsmith
Narlepoax III
Pre-read by:
Ghoswriter95
RainbowBob
MisterMissusMaster

Uhg, it smells like a Hill Giant took his crap and threw it everywhere. Who owns this forest? King of the Dung Beetles? Seriously! Whatever, I didn’t have time to deal with smells, so I made my way through the dense forest.

Oh, yes, it was dense. The islands around the span of Gielinor don’t even compare to the density here. It’s like taking know what? Screw analogies. I made my way through some thick bushes and slid myself through a couple trees. Eventually, I found a nice little path.

It lead two ways. One deeper into this stupid forest, right, and one into a bright opening, left. Being smart and oh-so-intuitive, I took the path left and made my way out of the forest. Simple as that. Honestly, how do people have so much trouble leaving forests? Not a big deal.

Anyways, once I left the forest, I was greeted by bright colours, sunshine and rainbows... Wait, that can’t be right... Gielinor is kind of dull and the sky is usually filled with darkness or fog...

“Where in the hell am I?” I looked around at the scenery and saw mountains of varying colours against the horizon, rainbows spreading across them, animals bouncing around in the nearby outskirts, everything a little girl could dream of...

Seriously, this is just weird. I took another look with my tired eyes and spotted a city hanging off of a mountain face. I trailed downward and saw a small town in the distance, as well. Seeing as there were inhabitants, they could tell me where the hell I am. This was not Gielinor anymore.

Before heading off, however, I decided to check for what I had on my person. Tapping around the pouches on my armour, I found a few Soul Gems, a runite dagger, a potion of energy and my staff. Well, that was in my hand, so, no worries.

“Alright, town, let’s greet each other,” and with that, I started marching my way down the dirt path. Then I realized marching was stupid and started walking like a sane person.

As I walked down the path I decided to just enjoy the colourful scenery. As much as I hated how bright it is here, it was quite refreshing to be somewhere new. Assuming I am outside of Gielinor. It’d be crazy if I am.

But, whatever. Eyeing the scenery, I could spot stone houses with thatched roofs, farms filled with corn stalks and plows. I raised a brow at all of this. Thatched roofs were only used in the lower caste of Gielinor society, but these houses appeared too well placed for that. By that, I mean a house like that would never be near a farm; it’d be in the ghetto.

Looking up at the mountains again, I eyed the city and examined how it looked from here. I could barely make out a large spire to what appeared to be a castle. Alright, so, this society is much like Gielinor’s—medieval. Assuming I’m not in Gielinor. Seriously, I have got to get to that town.

Looking ahead, now, I was just on the outskirts. Many more houses like the one I just saw were all clustered together in this town. Very few pieces of the town represented anything higher than a lower caste - that being the large clock tower in the center, a massive tree on the east side of town and a large boutique near the entrance.

I grunted. It was strange that low castes and high castes like this would live together. It’s not uncommon that there were low castes in the high caste area, but, they never lived together... That’s until I saw the name of the sign.

Welcome to Ponyville
Population: 2,894
Stallion to Mare ratio: 1:4

“Ponyville...? Stallions? Mares?...” I smacked my forehead in stupidity.

“SERIOUSLY?! Ponies?! Oh, dear gods!” I went to the sign and started punching the damn thing. Honestly, why the hell would I end up here?!

After a couple punches, I gave up. If this place is populated by ponies, then I’ll just deal with it. Gielinor has weirder stuff, anyways.

I walked into the town, eyeing each of the houses. It appeared to be deserted with the lack of “ponies” in Ponyville. Especially when the populati

“Hi!”

“BY THE GODS!” I fell onto my arse in surprise at a voice that just bounced through my ear.

“Whoopsy! Sorry there, mister! But I’ve never seen you before and I just had to say ‘hi’!” The voice was female, high pitched, annoying, and bubbly. Everything I hate about women.

Sitting up, I looked around for its location. Nothing was in front of me, around me or, thank heavens, below me.

“Up here, silly!” I looked up and saw this pink face with saucer plates for eyes. I stood up immediately, making the damn thing fall off.

“Ow! Careful!” she whined. I only glared at her. Her entire coat was pink, her mane and tail like puffy cotton candy and her eyes a bright blue colour. Also, there were three balloons on her flank blue and yellow in colour.

“Ugh, sorry,” I apologized sarcastically, “but you scared the living daylights out of me. Who are you, exactly?” Better get some answers.

“Well, let me start over!” She took in a large breath. “Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie! Ponyville party planner extraordinaire! I throw parties for every occasion and I just love making ponies smile! Heck, not only ponies, but griffons, wolves, dragons, and everything else! Too bad I can’t see your smile, though! Seriously, move that silly scarf and I

I held up my hand to stop her. Damn, she’s fast. “No, I like my scarf. Look, mind telling me where I am?”

“Not until you tell me your name, first, mister scarfy!” Uhg, did she just give me a nickname? Also, the reason I’m not surprised she can talk is by the abundance of houses. Seriously, an idiot can figure that out.

“Nomad. Please, for the love of all things holy, call me Nomad,” I begged, rubbing my bald head.

“Hole-y? Why would you want to love hole-y things? That’s silly! But, okie-dokie-lokie, Nomad!” She giggled softly. Kind of cute, but, still annoying.

“May I know where I am, please? I know I’m in Ponyville, but, the name of this continent.” Please say Gielinor.

“You’re in Equestria! Best place in the world!” She bounced like a spring in front of my eyes. I only groaned.

“You have got to be kidding me!” I yelled, “How can the teleport matrix of Gielinor screw up that badly?! Half the time I’m teleported to the abyss, not to an entirely different plane of existence!”

“Awww, don’t be sad, No-Mo!” Pinkie just gave me another nickname. Dammit...

“Please, just Nomad,” I growled.

“Hey, I know what can cheer you up!” She stopped bouncing to look at me, waiting for my questioning.

“What’s that?” I asked sarcastically.

“A party! You’re a visitor in Ponyville, so, why not throw a “Welcome to Ponyville” party?” Uhg, is she twelve?

“Listen, I don’t have time for parties. I need to get some things settled and figure out a way back to Gielinor.” I tried to walk away, but, she stopped me.

“Maybe I can help you!”

“Oh, really? Do go on.” I looked down at her, only for her to shake her head.

“Not unless you let me throw you a party!” Dammit. Blackmail. Or was this bargaining? Whatever.

“Fine, fine. A small party. Just... Give me a hand. Or hoof. Whatever the hell you ponies give,” I grumbled.

“Yay! I can’t wait to set it up! Follow me, No-Mo!” She bounced off as I kept up with her at a decent pace.

Yup... Going to be a reaaaaaaally long day...

Author's Note:

Chapter two. This chapter was revised less as my editors had no big issues with it.

You see that giant picture at the top? That'll appear in every chapter. So, get use to it. It's to remind you this is a RuneScape crossover. You're gunna like it whether you want to or not!

Kidding. But, as you can see, Nomad isn't fond of le Pinkie Pie.