• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 493 Views, 21 Comments

Wearing Midnight - Owlor



Trixie dreams big, but her hooves are firmly on the ground of the dirt roads that leads trough Equestria. There's loneliness, hunger, mass-murder and a touch of romance, pretty much what you can expect when you're travelling...

  • ...
5
 21
 493

Prologue

* * *

LAIDIES and GENTLECOLTS! Welcome to the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie's AMAZING and EXTRAORDINARY magic show, where the great and powerful Trixie will DAZZLE and CONFOUND you with tricks NEVER SEEN BEFORE by pony-eyes! the GREAT and POWERFUL Trixie will step into the cage of DEATH which will be suspended in the air by Trixie's lovely assistant.... which I don't have!

Trixie's notebook is the graveyard where capital letters go to die. On these cluttered pages, she built up a world of mystique and magic, of death-defying stunt and seemingly impossible conjuring. It was a world where individual's will triumphed over matter, where the heroic tales of yore was born again into a caped stage-mare. And it was a world that seemed awfully distant once she looked up from the pages and soaked in the surroundings.

Her mind might wander from city to city, from one street-corner to the next, But to actually get there, she had to travel trough the “flyover” parts of Equestria. The parts most ponies only see when flying from one town to the next, either by their own accord or in a hot air balloon. The roads belonged to gypsies, hobos, merchants and hustlers, and Trixie fancied herself a little of each...

At first it seemed like the world consisted of nothing but fields and orchards as she wandered on the paved roads leading from Canterlot. Then the paved road turned into a dirt road which turned into a muddy trail and suddenly she found herself in the Everfree forest.

* * *

Author's Note:

It was about time I did something with Trixie. I seem to be mildly obsessed with vagrancy, so it was only a matter of time before I did something with Trixie travelling the country.