• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 2,545 Views, 212 Comments

Assassin's Creed: Musical Overture - SaxPon3



Octavia is a normal pony by most standards, but that soon changes. In her family, there is a music box. It may seem to be ordinary, but that was before the Templars got involved. Now she has a choice: kill, or be killed.

  • ...
3
 212
 2,545

Chapter 6: Twilight Part 2

Vando was unsure as to what the Rector meant. Exile? How was that any better than death?

“Curiosity is in your eyes, Vando.” She said, smiling. She flew up, grabbed a small map, and tossed it down to the stallion. “Take this. It will show you the way.”

Vando analyzed the map. “But this...this is a map of the Everfree Forest.” His eyes steeled. “Why are you sending me there?”

The Rector sank back down to her desk, and pursed her lips. “Well, I again have my reasons. You see, that is the one place in Equestria remained untouched by all of ponykind’s magic. It is a strange place; all dare not go near it.” Suddenly, her lips curled into a smirk. “Not even the Templars.

“However! This is but a temporary fix.” She got up once more, and stared off at the setting sun. “This is not the end of your tale, Vando. ‘Tis only the beginning.”

“Why?”

A sigh echoed throughout the study. “You know the origin of our order, yes?”

Vando was taken by surprise. “Of course I do. Our founder was one of the two princesses who ruled our land, Luna. She was to be eternal Rector until...”

"Until the Templars corrupted her, using the Apple of Eden.” The Rector nodded, turning her head to Vando. “They had stolen it from us, and she went to retrieve it. When she returned with it...something inside her was not right. She turned against her own kingdom and attempted to bring upon Nighttime Eternal.”

"In response, her sister Celestia, our current sole ruler, took hold of the Elements, and used them to seal her in the moon.” Vando said, muttered. “What does that have to do with anything?”

The Rector turned back towards the setting sun, which was now giving way to the moon and the stars. She stared up, seeing the Mare in the Moon, the seal that trapped their corrupted leader. “Vando, it has everything to do with this. In 500 years’ time, Princess Luna will break free. Whether or not she’ll be her normal self once more, nopony knows. However, it is said that at that time, new bearers of the Elements shall surface.” She once more turned back to Vando, a worried look on her face. “That is when your tale will end. A descendant of yours will use the box’s power to bring balance to Equestria. Soon after our leader returns to us, it will happen.”

Vando simply stood there, unsure of what the Rector had just said. “I do not understand. How do you know all of this will happen?”

“The Canterlot Archives are full of prophecies, none more enlightening than the rhymes of the sage Foresight the Diviner.” The Rector said softly. “One of our scribes working there found a prophecy describing exactly what I just told you.”

“Even if this is true, why would we want Princess Luna as our leader again?” Vando asked, still confused. “If she betrayed us before, then why will she be our leader once more?”

The Rector smiled. “You do not understand, do you? It is more than simple morals and ethics. Luna must be the Rector. Without her at our head, we are nowhere near the strength we could be at.” She sat down in a chair, and beckoned for Vando to do the same. He sat across from her, staring and waiting for answers.

The Rector sighed. “Questions still fill your mind. Very well. It is time.”

“Time for what, ma’am?”

“For you to learn the history of our order. All of it.”


Octavia’s head hurt. A lot. It was raining, there was a faint voice yelling at her, and the sound of blades clashed in the distance. She opened her eyes slightly to see a pair of sharp emerald green eyes boring down at her.

“Thank Celestia!” Bellowed Jackle. “You’re alive!”

Octavia winced. “Aye, but if you yell like that once more I may not be.”

Jackle frowned. “That is no laughing matter. You were out for most of the day; it’s night time now. We need to get moving. Rainbow has done her best, but I am sure that she hasn’t held up all of them.”

Suddenly, it all came back to her. She bolted up. “Twilight! Where’s Twilight?!”

“She’s fine, she’s in the Library. Filthy has gone away, and the dragon is at the residence of a mare named Rarity.” Jackle said. “However, Twilight was followed by a small band of Templars.” More clashes and defiant yells were heard above. Jackle glanced nervously upwards. “Rainbow’s engaged the majority of them in the air. The ones on the ground, well....” He moved aside and Octavia saw numerous bodies on the ground, bleeding into the mud. “I took care of them.”

She stood up, groaning and massaging her head where the mysterious pony had hit her. “Jackle, why is she fighting up there? She could be detected.”

“Negative. We knew there were reinforcements coming, so some of our friends in the Cloudsdale Weather Factory ordered a sudden fog and rain storm.” Jackle said softly. “Now, we need you to get back into the fight.”

Though her head and body ached very much, Octavia stood up and looked the griffon in the eye. “What do you need me to do?”

Jackle nodded in approval, and then scanned the area. “Octavia, you know this place the best out of the two of us, correct?”

“Yes I do. What is it?”

A high pitched scream echoed above.

Jackle cursed. “I need to get up there and help Rainbow Dash. You can hold your own here, yes? What you need to do is make your way to the library and secure Twilight Sparkle.” Another scream rang out, and Jackle began to get anxious. “Please, tell me you can do that?”

Octavia smiled, and put a hoof on Jackle’s shoulder. “Aye, I can. Now, go help your daughter.”

A relaxed expression flashed on the griffon’s face, before turning into a cold one. He pulled up his hood and took off, hidden blades at the ready.

Octavia looked up until he disappeared into the clouds, and then set about doing her part. She peeked out of the alley, and saw that she was in the same alleyway as before. That meant that the library was only just to the right, maybe a fifty yards away.

Alright, Octavia, she said to herself, calming her nerves. You can do this. Now, get a move on.

She dashed out, blades at the ready in case of an enemy. When she found none, she got back onto all fours and ran as fast as she could towards the tree house. The lantern was swinging back and forth in front of the library, giving only a dim light through the fog. There were several other ponies outside, creeping towards the door quietly. Octavia ran as fast as her hooves would take her. Once she was within reach, she jumped and flipped in the air, grabbing one of the ponies by the head and twisted his neck. There was a snap, and he fell the ground, motionless as rain fell onto his lifeless body.

The hooded figure to her left hissed. “Assassin. I thought the Maestro took care of you.”

“Evidently not,” Octavia spat back. She got on her hind legs and pulled out her sword, holding it front of her. “Now, get away from this library. Its inhabitant is under my protection.”

The pony to her right laughed. “As if that would matter!” He then pulled out an axe and rushed at her. “Especially if you are dead!”

Around her, time seemed to slow. The symphony once more started to play as all four of the ponies rushed at her. She looked at the one at the far left, and a triangle rang as she noticed that he had a scar over his left eye. A blind spot, Octavia thought. She turned to the Templar at the center left, and once more a ring came as she noticed that he had claw marks on his hind flank. Jackle must’ve missed that one, she said to herself. The other two to her right were dressed similarly, with similar weapons and armor. A duo. Those two fight together.

The brass and strings began to blare. Let’s do this.

Time resumed, and Octavia rushed at the one at her far left first, jumping between him and his companion. She maneuvered to his left, and thrusted her sword into his chest, causing him to freeze. She pulled the blade out of his dying body, and heard the rush of a knife soaring down at her head. The musician twirled around immediately and caught the blade with hers, stopping the Templar’s attack. The other two stallions went to her right and left, attempting to flank and surround her. Knowing that, Octavia smirked and held the struggling knife until the two attacked at the same time. Then, she gripped the Templar’s arm between her hooves and leapt into the air, causing them to collide into each other. With a yell, she forced the Templar’s hoof down, stabbing the blade into the heap of bodies, killing the two below. Octavia then got on her forelegs and bucked the last Templar in the face, causing his nose to spurt blood as he fell back. He stumbled, wincing from both his broken nose and his injured flank.

The musician sheathed her blade and held her hooves out. “You are now alone, your compatriots dead. Leave now, and no harm will come to you.”

“I can’t and you know that,” He replied, wheezing. “Our fight will never end. Just kill me now.”

Octavia’s heart fell. “Very well. As you wish.” Her left hoof extended, and a blade came out from her sleave, shining from the light of the lamppost. Water droplets hit the metal, making slight pinging noises that reminded Octavia of the dings of the chimes of the Canterlot Symphony. With that sound in her ears, she rushed forward, plunging the blade into the chest of her foe. He cried out a bit, before slumping. Octavia set him down, and pulled her hidden blade out. He looked at her, his face ashen and his chest rising and falling slowly. His eyes widen when he saw her face under her hood.

“You…you’re that mare.”

Octavia frowned. “What? What do you mean?”

He laughed a bit. “I met you once before…you were performing at a social event.” His expression softened. “Your music…it was quite beautiful.”

Unsure of what to say, Octavia simply stared at him. “Um, thank you, I suppose.”

He laughed some more, before falling silent. “You do not understand. Your music...it symbolizes our goal. We want peace for Equestria. We want everypony to rest easily.”

“You know that the way you go about that is wrong.” Octavia replied, putting force in her words. “You Templars want to control everything. Everyone acting the way you want them to, no differences.” She paused, before the right words came to her. “It’s your idea of a utopia.”

The Templar shook his head. “No…you still do not understand. We want them to rest…we want them to…” His voice began to fail, and Octavia began to panic. He was about to tell her something important!

“What?! What do you want?”

He beckoned her closer, and she leaned her ear towards his mouth to hear his dying words. “We want them to sleep.

With that, his head turned and fell. Octavia could no longer hear the steady beat of his heart. The stallion was dead. She set him down, and brushed a hoof over his face, closing his eyes.

Octavia sighed. “Dormi ora, il mio nemico.

With that, she stood up and looked at the library. There was a light inside, and the shadows inside told her that the inhabitants were most likely either eating or organizing books. Knowing Twilight, it was probably the latter of the two. Breathing in deeply, Octavia stepped forward and pushed the door open, causing a little bell to ring. Immediately, a cheerful voice rang out to welcome her.

“Hello! Welcome to the Ponyville Library,” Twilight said from some distance away. “I’ll be right with you.”

Octavia smiled slightly at her naivety. She pulled her hood off, and shook on the mat to get the water off her. Twilight walked in at that moment, and her mouth dropped when she saw who it was.

“O-Octavia?” She gasped, her eyes wide. The lavender mare backed up a few paces, apparently shocked to see the pony before her.

Octavia frowned. “Yes, it’s me. Is something wrong?”

“Well, yes!” Twilight rushed forward, and grabbed Octavia in embrace. “Your house burned down! Afterwards, you and Vinyl were nowhere to be found.” She looked up and smiled at her. “We were all worried, but at least you’re safe now.” Then she frowned. “Wait, something isn’t right here.”

Octavia tilted her head slightly, confused. “What’s wrong?”

“Well, for starters, what were you doing out in the rain?” Twilight said, levitating a towel over to dry the soaking wet mare. “Here, sit down in the kitchen; I’ll make you some tea.”

Octavia chuckled at the innocence that Twilight radiated. Her life was in danger and she didn’t even know...if only she could be so lucky. Octavia checked her mental link, but could sense that the others were still engaging hostiles. For now, all she could do was make sure Twilight was ok. Her eyes drifted over to the lavender unicorn, who was busy making two cups of tea.

“So, Twilight...” Octavia said, trying to break the silence. “I see that you’re seeing Filthy Rich?”

Twilight levitated the two cups over and sat down, rolling her eyes. “Hardly. That pervert just won’t leave me alone. I won’t give him what he wants, though.” Twilight smiled, and took a sip from her cup. “He’s harmless enough though, so long as you stay firm. That’s what all of the others did.”

“Others?”

Pulling a face, Twilight tried not to recoil from her thoughts. “Yes, the others. My friends. So far, Filthy’s tried to get Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack.” A smirk appeared on her face. “He would try Pinkie, but she made it clear that if he tried anything on her, there’d be a load of military grade confetti being shot his way.”

“Did any of them give in?” Octavia asked, taking a sip of tea. Her eyes darted to the window. No Templars here yet. It’s strangely peaceful right now.

Twilight frowned. “Well, no. Fluttershy almost did, but then Rainbow Dash and Applejack arrived on the scene...things were taken care of.”

“I hope they were.” Octavia said, still probing around for signs of danger. “A stallion like him is about the worst it gets.”

“Oh, I wouldn’t say that. He can be quite useful at times.” Twilight remarked. “If his desire is strong enough, he’ll do just about anything for you.”

“Like helping you out with your morning shopping?”

“Well, yes...” Twilight suddenly stopped and frowned. “Wait, how did you know about that?”

Crap. Me and my big mouth. Octavia thought. “Uh, well, I was just in the market at the time and I saw you two walking together.” Twilight seemed to believe her, and her suspicion disappeared.

“In that case, yes, things like that.” Said the librarian. “I am just glad Spike was there to keep him in line.”

Octavia laughed a bit. “Well, it’s a good thing too. I noticed he was looking at--”

OCTAVIA! INCOMING!

Immediately, Octavia leapt over the table and grabbed Twilight, pulling her under the table. Soon after, a body flew through the window, crashing into the stove. When it got up, the cyan fur and collage of colors in its mane indicated that it was Rainbow Dash.

“Oh my gosh!” Twilight said, rushing towards her friend. “Rainbow! Are you okay?”

Rainbow groaned, wincing from the cuts on her face. “Dang, Twilight. That glass really stings.”

“Stay here, I’ll grab the first aid kit--”

“No!” Rainbow said, her eyes flaring open. “You stay under the table with Octavia!”

“Why? What’s going on?”

Octavia reached over and grabbed the lavender unicorn. “Just stay here with me, and remain calm.” She whispered these words in her ears, attempting to ease her mind. “Everything will be okay.”

“But Rainbow’s hurt!” Twilight said, crying as her friend struggled to get up.

The cyan Assassin turned towards her panicked companion. “What, this? ‘Tis but a flesh wound!”

Right then, a second body flew in, aiming a kick at Rainbow Dash’s stomach. As it impacted, Rainbow coughed up blood, her eyes shut in pain. A second later, the leg retracted, bending for another go.

Rainbow glared at her attacker. “Oh no you don’t!” As the hoof came soaring towards her, she grabbed it with two hooves and twisted. Her adversary yelped in pain and fell to the floor. Rainbow took this opportunity to leap into the air, wings flared. She soared down, her blades extended.

Metal flashed, blood spurted.

Rainbow sat over her now dead enemy, breathing heavily. Her hidden blade was still buried in the neck of the Templar, and all was quiet. Twilight was staring at Rainbow Dash in shock, not believing what had just happened. Then--

“Oh my gosh, Rainbow Dash!” Twilight shouted. “You just killed somepony!”

Rainbow winced as she retracted her blade, standing up. “I know, I know. But it had to be done. That guy was trying to hurt you.”

“But you didn’t have to kill him!” Twilight screeched, now breathing heavily herself. “You could’ve done something else, like--”

Octavia reached over and put a hoof on Twilight’s shoulder. “Look, it may seem bad, but let us explain.”

“Explain what? Why you just ended another life?!” Her yelling was starting to deafen out the thunderous rain, and it was only increasing in volume. “Yes, because that definitely has a good explanation.

“Twilight.”

“I mean, you two are acting like it’s a normal thing--”

“Twilight.”

“Not like that was another pony or anything--”

“Twilight.”

“There had to have been another reason for--”

“TWILIGHT!” Rainbow screamed, cutting off her friend.

“What is it?!” Twilight yelled back. “Some horseapple expla--” She stopped and gasped as Rainbow flew forward and punched her in the gut, knocking her out cold.

“I’m really sorry about this, Twi.” Rainbow said, wincing as her friend slumped to the floor. She looked over at Octavia, whose mouth was agape. Frowning, Rainbow pointed over at the living room. “Don’t just stand there. Get her over to the couch or something.”

Octavia snapped out of her surprise. “You just hit one of your best friends!” She walked quickly over to Twilight’s motionless body, and checked her vitals. “She’s stable...”

Rainbow rolled her eyes. “Well of course she is. What, did you think I’d kill one of my friends?” The rainbow adorned pegasus knelt down, and brushed aside a stray piece of Twilight’s mane from her face. “I love her and my friends more than anypony. They’re the only family I’ve got left.” With that, she picked her up and carried her over to the living room, setting her down gingerly on the couch.

Pulling up a chair next to the unconscious unicorn, Rainbow Dash sighed deeply. “We couldn’t explain to her right then and there what happened. It’s probably best that she think it was all a dream or something.” A sigh escaped Rainbows mouth, and she continued to stare sadly at her unconscious friend. “It’s always hard, doing these things without them knowing. This isn’t the first time I’ve had to do this.”

Octavia stood uncomfortably to the side, not knowing what to say as her teacher brooded. She wanted to say that she knew how she felt, but did she? The only real friend she had was Vinyl Scratch, and she had been an Assassin all along. Rainbow Dash had said that all she had were her five friends here in Ponyville. Octavia had read her dosier; she had a tendency to be overly confident, all as a front to hide a weak interior. And yet, despite all of that, she had an unwavering sense of loyalty to those she loved and cared for. Especially her friends. If anypony threatened her friends, Rainbow was sure to deal with them.

Suddenly, it came to her. Octavia moved over and put a hoof on her comrade’s shaking shoulder.

“Rainbow...” Octavia said softly. “They may not know, but doesn’t it help that you protect them from the very dangers they are naive of?”

Rainbow looked over at her, eyebrows raised. “What does that mean? It doesn't mean a thing to me.”

“Why not?”

Rainbow sighed. “Me and the girls...every time we learned something about friendship, we would write a letter to the Princess, saying what we learned.” Her eyes drifted back to the sleeping Twilight. She was breathing softly, unaware that two mares were even talking about her. “One time, we learned to never keep a secret from each other, no matter how big.” Dash chuckled bitterly. “You can imagine the irony of the situation as we wrote that letter.”

“But Rainbow Dash, don’t you remember what you told me?” Octavia said, smiling.

Confusion filled those violet irises. “What?”

“You told me that we Assassins do these things so that others don’t have too.” Octavia said gently. “You are fighting to protect your friends, no? In my mind, that is a most noble and loyal cause.”

Rainbow Dash looked at Octavia in surprise before smiling. “Yeah, you’re right. That is why I fight.” Then, she punched Octavia in the arm, causing the gray mare to yelp.

“What was that for?!”

“For using my own words against me. Not. Cool.” Rainbow said. “Anyway, let’s get changed out of these clothes. Twi’ll ask questions when she wakes up.” She walked over to the kitchen, opened the door, and paused. “Oh. We may want to move that body too.”


Jackle surveyed the outside of the library from his perch. All was quiet, save the downpour of the rain. He shivered, but knew he couldn’t get out of the monsoon. Someone had to provide overwatch. Through a window, he could see Octavia and Rainbow Dash out of their uniforms, talking casually next to an unconscious Twilight Sparkle. Jackle had seen everything from here; Dash had done the right thing. They couldn’t explain anything to Sparkle, and nor could they let their existence be known. It was safer this way.

Deep in thought, Jackle continued to watch his daughter and her apprentice chat away. Octavia had learned so much in so little time. In the space of just a few weeks, the bleeding effect spell mixed with live training sessions had turned her into a deadly weapon. Yet, she still had so much to learn. One thing that disturbed Jackle was the lack of horror Octavia displayed when she made her first kills. It wasn’t normal.

Why, I remember vomiting the first time I killed someone. Jackle thought. It just wasn’t right, especially since Octavia was from the high society. Sure, she’d seen her mother in a morbid state, but shouldn’t that have only increased her desire not to kill? The griffon’s eyes drifted to Rainbow Dash, and that’s when the answer hit him. She was exactly like Rainbow. They fought for the same thing.

Vengeance. That’s what drove her, and that’s what blinded her from horror of taking another life. Octavia wanted nothing more than to kill the stallion who had taken her mother from her.

Jackle sat there, worried for the well-being of his two companions. While it was a good driving force, revenge often led people to bad places. Jackle remembered another Assassin he had worked with. He had been one of the greatest, and had brought many Templar sects to their knees, all in the search for one stallion who had killed his wife. His search however turned into an insane obsession, to the point where he’d stay in his office muttering to himself and his dead wife, only going out to search for the killer. When he found out that some of his apprentices were tailing him to make sure he was safe, he massacred them all, believing they were trying to stop him.

That had been the final straw for the Order. The Rector at the time ordered Jackle to kill him. So, with great reluctance, Jackle App killed his best friend.

I just hope this doesn’t end this same way. Jackle thought sadly. If I was ordered to kill Dashie, I don’t think I could. Nor could I kill Octavia.

Movement inside the library took him away from his thoughts. Twilight Sparkle had awoken, and was beginning to rise.

Alright time to mo--

Pain suddenly flared on the back of Jackle’s head, and his vision darkened into nothingness.


Octavia watched as the lavender unicorn stirred from her sleep. She and Dash had been talking for a good twenty minutes, and were beginning to worry about her. Luckily, it seemed that they wouldn’t be needing to perform CPR of any kind.

“Oooh, my head...” Twilight groaned as she sat up. “What...what happened?”

Rainbow laughed. “You collapsed after drinking that tea, Twi. I think you put some weird stuff in there.”

More groans. “That would explain why my stomach hurts too...”

“Easy there, easy...” Octavia said as she helped Twilight up. “You took quite a fall; you even banged your head against the window.”

“What?”

Her cyan friend chuckled, and pointed at the kitchen. “Yeah, you might want to use some magic to fix up the mess in there. The rain’s been pouring in since you broke the window.”

“Wait...broken window...” Twilight’s eyes shot open, and she began to pace around. “I remember now! You crashed through the window, and there was another stallion that followed you.” Rainbow looked nervously at Octavia, who nodded. The librarian frowned, thinking. “You two fought and...” Twilight suddenly stopped pacing. “And you killed him, Rainbow.”

The two could only stare at her when she finished her sentence. Then, Rainbow Dash bursted out laughing.

“Me, kill somepony?” Rainbow said through tears. “Twi, I may be tough, but I ain’t that tough.” Her eyes flicked over to Octavia, giving her her que.

Octavia nodded slightly and rushed over to press a hoof to Twilight’s forehead. “Twilight, I think you might have had an unusual dream that’s all.”

“But I saw it! There was a dead stallion, and...” Twilight frowned again. “Wait a minute, where are your cloaks?”

“Huh?”

“You two were wearing some strange uniforms, with cloaks and symbols.”

Octavia chuckled. “I have no idea what you are talking about.”

Twilight glared at the two. “I’m not crazy!” She pointed a hoof over at the kitchen door. “Look, I’m sure that if we go in there, there will be a body on the floor.”

Rainbow’s eyes flicked towards Octavia, who nodded once more. “Alright, if you say so.” The rainbow adorned pony turned and started to make her way towards the kitchen.

“Wha-what are you doing?” Twilight said cautiously.

Rainbow rolled her eyes and looked back at Twilight. “I’m about to prove you wrong, that’s what.” She opened the door to the kitchen, and inside there was...

“Nothing. As we said, nothing is in there,” Octavia remarked. “Save for the broken window and lots of water.

Twilight shook her head, not wanting to believe her eyes. “But...I saw it happen! Rainbow--”

“Okay Twi, I’m getting really annoyed by this.” Rainbow said, pulling an irritated face. “You do know what you’re saying, right?

Twilight blinked. “That’s not what I meant.”

“Oh really? Because it sounds like you’re accusing me,” Rainbow said, her voice rising. “Like you’re accusing me of murder.”

Twilight blinked again, and shook her head. “No, you’re right Rainbow, I’m sorry. I think that fall must’ve done something to my head.”

Smiling, Rainbow took her friend in her hooves and guided her away from the kitchen. “It’s okay. Don’t be getting all sappy on me, now. You know how I like that stuff.”

Twilight’s mouth turned up as she rolled her eyes at her eccentric friend. “Yeah yeah. I get it. You’re too cool for these kind of things, huh?”

Now you get it.”

Octavia couldn’t help but take delight in the exchange. It reminded her often of how she and Vinyl had petty little arguments back when everything was normal.

“Well? Octavia, you coming?”

The musician blinked and saw that Rainbow and Twilight were in the doorway, waiting for her to join them. Octavia smirked at how rushed Rainbow seemed to get out of there.

“Hold your horses, I’m coming.” Octavia said. “Just let me check something.” She closed her eyes and tried to contact Jackle.

Jackle, is everything outside clear?

No response.

Octavia frowned. Jackle, report. Can you give us the all clear?

More silence. The hairs on the back of Octavia’s neck suddenly stood on end. Something wasn’t right.

“Rainbow, Twilight!” Octavia yelled, rushing over to the pair. “GET AWAY FROM THAT DOORWAY!”

“Wait, wh--” Twilight suddenly let out a choking noise, and fell to the ground, clawing at her neck. Rainbow yelped and fell next to her friend, an arrow sprouting on her hind flank. Octavia reached the two and pulled them to safety inside, kicking the door closed. Immediately, she was over Twilight, attempting to stabilize her. The arrow had gone clear through her throat, and she was beginning to choke on her own blood. Rainbow Dash pulled the arrow out from her leg and limped over to Twilight.

“Twilight, no!” Rainbow shouted, tears pouring from her eyes. “TWILIGHT! Stay with us, COME ON!”

Twilight’s mouth suddenly turned up to a smile. She tried to speak, but all that came out was gurgling.

Rainbow put a hoof over her mouth. “Don’t talk. We’ll get you out of here, you’ll be fine.” She picked up her dying friend and attempted to limp over to the door. Blood gushed from her wound, and she fell to the floor. “OCTAVIA! Help me, please!” She was sobbing now, literally dragging herself towards the door.

Octavia, however, knew better. She looked at the blood on her hooves--the sheer amount of blood--and put her hoof down. “Stop, Rainbow.”

“N-No, you’ve got to help me!” Rainbow sobbed. “T-Twilight needs help, w-we have to get to the hospital!”

Octavia shook her head, tears now forming in her eyes. “You don’t understand, Rainbow. She’s already dead.”

“YOU’RE LYING!”

Octavia trotted over and put a hoof on her shoulder. “Put her down, Rainbow. She’s not moving anymore.” Rainbow looked at her, eyes wide. Her whole body started to shake, until she collapsed, Twilight’s lifeless body following soon after. She let out an ear shattering scream of anguish, a cry that stemmed from a wound far deeper than any arrow, a cry that came from the thought of failing to protect one she loved.

Octavia too sat down and began to cry as well. She’d failed. Her one objective--to protect Twilight Sparkle--and she failed. It was her fault. She should’ve checked to see if everything was alright outside first. As she sobbed, she noticed that to her left was the arrow that had been shot at Rainbow Dash. She sniffed, and frowned. Something wasn’t right. There was more to that arrow, she was sure of it. If the killer had such accuracy as to shoot Twilight in the throat, he could’ve killed Rainbow on the spot, but had instead shot her flank. Strange. Choking back her tears, Octavia reached over to the arrow, picking it up. Immediately, a letter unfurled from it, falling to the wooden floor. Octavia picked it up and read it. As her watery eyes scanned the parchment, the flood of sorrow within her soon began to be replaced with anger, then rage.

Couldn’t stop me then, couldn’t stop me now. Ta-ta, Octavia!

Sincerely,
G.S.B

Through Rainbow’s crying, and her rage, Octavia made a solemn promise. She would hunt down this bastard, and no matter what, he would pay. First he had taken her mother, and now a pony she had been sworn to protect. Enough was enough.

He. Will. Die.

Author's Note:

So yay! I killed off Twilight Sparkle! :D Aren't you all just happy with me?

All jokes aside, don't flame me, please! It was a necessary thing in this story. More will come, and questions will be answered. You'll get to know more about the history of the Assassins, and more cameos from certain other characters will make their debut. All of this will be important to the story, so stick with me.

Now, I've got a question for y'all. Do you want in next chapter a bit for Twilight's funeral, or not. I'm good with either option. Let me know in the comments.

That's all for now, folks. Avante!