• Published 1st Mar 2013
  • 3,258 Views, 152 Comments

I'll Love You To Tartarus and Back - AppleDash Group Collab 100th Prompt Special - LunaTheFox



A collab featuring 23 writers, who all came together to create a story of loved ones lost... and a long-shot at seeing them one last time.

  • ...
10
 152
 3,258

DbzOrDie

This chapter was written by DbzOrDie.


The scene outside of the clinic was one of terror: two ponies, a draconequus that seemed stitched together by a ten-year old, bleeding from what looked like a quite painful wound, and opposite of them, a giant black dog with three heads.

As Cerberus slowly crept forward, Discord suddenly snapped his fingers. "I knew I forgot something," he exclaimed. "You still owe me 150 bits, missy sunbutt."

Celestia shot Discord an uninterested stare. "Discord, this is hardly the time AND the place to think about that. We're facing an angry dog as old as Tartarus itself and you're thinking about a bet!"

Discord chided Celestia with a waving hand. "Tut-tut-tut, I totally predicted that those two would end up together. Love, as many things, is as chaotic as a bumbling weatherpony in a rainstorm."

"I don't believe this," Celestia said as she turned to Discord. "Doesn't danger mean anything to yo—"

"DUCK!!" Luna shouted as she pushed her big sister to the side. Celestia and Luna narrowly evaded Cerberus who slowly had gotten closer only to pounce on their position.

Cerberus impacted the empty space and Discord hadn't moved a bit, holding a duck in his paw. "Oops, wrong kind of duck," he said as he let it fly away.

Celestia and Luna got back on their hooves as Cerberus turned towards the avatar of chaos and pounced once more.

Discord snapped his claw once, making the dog freeze in mid-air, and mockingly yawned with his lion paw. Cerberus whined as he tried to swipe at Discord, only several inches to far away.

With a small flick of his wrist, Cerberus went flying and landed on his bruised middle head, now with also a bruised ego. Celestia and Luna acted fast and started placing enchantments on its feet now that they weren't moving.

The two sisters finished their enchantments and Cerberus' tries assured them that they held. Suddenly a loud voice hit them straight through the bone. "YOU!!!"

Discord looked slightly to his side to see an angry princess of the dead arrive. "Oh great, now she's here."

"YOU!! How dare you come here, you with your umbrella of... of destruction. God of chaos or not, when Mephistofilly demands someone to stay away, THEY STAY AWAY!!!"

Meph stood right next to Discord and despite her loud, imposing voice, she had the appearance of just what her name would suggest. A filly. As such, the offset between Discord's tall body and her small size made for a quite comical situation.

While Luna tried her hardest not to laugh at Discord getting yelled at by a pony three times smaller than him, Celestia tried to simultaneously keep her eyes on both Cerberus and Meph as she attempted to diffuse the situation. "I assure you Meph, he had the right reasons... this time."

Mephistofilly snorted and turned away from Discord and ran towards Cerberus. "And what have you done to my little Cerberus?! Did the evil living hurt you?" She said as she scratched Cerberus behind his ears, while dispelling the enchantments that the two other princesses had put on him.

Luna's mouth was wide agape as it was her first time in the land of the dead but Celestia knew the power that Meph commanded in her domain. In the meanwhile Discord was fumbling with his claws and looking off into the distance, seemingly very interested in some of the many rock formations lying around.

With a small touch of her hoof, Meph healed Cerberus' wound and send him on his way back to guard the gates. She then turned her gaze towards the living intruders. "Which one of you hurt him? IT WAS YOU, WASN'T IT DISCORD?" She shouted with a threatening hoof towards him.

Before Discord could respond however, Celestia interjected and said: "None of us were responsible for those wounds. He had them when he came across us. And not to be impolite or anything but... WHERE WERE YOU?