• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 2,951 Views, 29 Comments

Life's Work - spiderpony14



Speak with three of the Princesses of Equestria, look at their lives, and see the world through their eyes. (Collab with LEPShot)

  • ...
16
 29
 2,951

Princess Luna

What do I think of my life, you ask?

Well, that is a fascinating question, from a non-subjective viewpoint. If one-thousand ponies were to delve into all that I have been through and experienced throughout my lifetime, I’m sure that there would be one-thousand opinions on what I value and believe. I do not think that any of them would even come close to unraveling my philosophies without access into my mind, but it would be an interesting spectacle, nonetheless.

But enough with all of that sophisticated royalty-talk, as I’m sure my sister will have lulled you to sleep with similar speeches beforehoof, no?

...

Oh hush Tia, this is my interview, and I can say whatever I want!

...

I am trying to answer the question, but this is difficult while you are interrupting us!

...

DOST THOU DARE SPEAKETH OF THE SIZE OF OUR FLANK? PERHAPS WE SHOULD CONJURE A MIRROR AND GLUE IT TO THINE SNOUT!

(Some time later...)

I would like to apologize for my sister’s behavior; she is not normally this rude while there is company.

But back to your question. I’ve never really looked too closely at things such as this, but I guess that says something about me, doesn’t it? I never really pause to reflect, like my sister seems to do constantly – I just keep going from day to day. Pardon me if this is unbecoming of the standards of royalty that have been established in this era, but I feel as if one should never slow down long enough to see what’s behind them, if that makes sense. I just don’t think that there’s anything of value to be gleaned from looking at your past beyond your mistakes and saying, ‘Right, never do that again'.

...

Yes, Tia, I'm well aware that certain things should not be repeated. However, if we're to move forward, we simply can't bury our snouts in the past. It is our duty to look to the future and secure it for ourselves... as well as our subjects, of course, and to do so, we must be looking forward, not back.

...

I would agree. And stop eavesdropping! I did no such thing until the end of your interview, and you’re supposed to be the elder anyway, so suck it up!

...

Thank you.

Again, my apologies. Anyway, I was going to continue to say that my beliefs are fairly hedonistic. I never understood why ponies would deny themselves any form of pleasure, seeing as this realm is the only plane of existence in which that is possible. I do not impose such restrictions upon myself (which you can ask Twilight about, as I’m certain she would love to share), and I urge others to do the same.

Tia! I know you can hear me, and if I ever hear a single word out of you about that last paragraph, I will make sure that the press finds your secret novel stash!

I promise, that will be the last I break from my thoughts.

As for my views of others, I have always been rather independent, so you’ll excuse me when I say that I do not hold as strong a bond as my sister does with every single pony of Equestria. Before anything is said about the rather compromising way that I worded that, I will say that one of the few things which my sister and I agree upon is that our main priority is to care for all living creatures of this land. You are all my subjects, and as such, I will do all that I can and must to ensure your well being, blah blah blah. You’ve heard this from Tia, no? Good. Pretend I said it as well.

Now, if that's all you wanted to know, I'm afraid I must be on my way. I've been begging Twilight for months, and she's finally consented to accompany me to a rave tonight!

...

Yes, of course I meant to say that we will ‘Raise the moon and hold the Night Court’, Tia! Why would we want to do anything else on our seventh anniversary?

Aaand the sleeping pills in her tea should kick in in three... two... one...!

Do not be alarmed, the minor tremor beneath your hooves was simply my sister’s flank hitting the tiles.

‘Night, Tia!