• Published 28th Feb 2013
  • 1,105 Views, 18 Comments

The Change-Up - RainbowFlash96



All of the Ponies are all mixed up, will they be able to get everypony back to normal?

  • ...
2
 18
 1,105

Chapter 1

Twilight woke up like any other day, groggy; she’d been up all night studying as usual. She went down the stairs and saw Spike still sleeping. She let him sleep; he deserved it for all of the work he did last night. He helped her clean up the Library after all of that research.

The purple mare went into the kitchen to prepare breakfast when she sensed something wrong. She was trying to use her magic to open the fridge, but it was like someone completely severed her magical connection to the objects around her.

She thought nothing of it, she was tired she usually didn’t function well when she was tired.

She continued to cook breakfast, magic free, until Spike came into the room and stopped dead in his tracks.

“Umm... Twilight...?” He looked at her perplexed. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he was awake.

“Oh hey Spike you’re up. I’m cooking breakfast want some? Spike what’s wrong? Are you okay...?” She saw his blank expression and became worried.

"Spike! Spike! Come on, you're scaring me!"

“Maybe I should be the one to ask you that.”

“What are you talking about? Did you not get enough sleep?”

“Umm Twilight have you looked in the mirror lately?”

“No its early and the library doesn’t open for another hour. Why?”

“You might want to go look...” He trailed off to only a whisper that Twilight could barely hear him.

She ran upstairs to the bathroom and had to do a double take. That couldn’t be her; she was a unicorn. Where was her horn? Her beloved horn was gone; instead a pair of Pegasus wings replaced it. She almost fainted, what would she do!

What is the Princess going to think? Am I no longer going to be her student? Twilight was furiously thinking.

Twilight rushed back downstairs and called for Spike.

“Spike we need to figure this out, look for any sort of book that can help us.”

They both poured themselves into research. Pulling all of the books off of the shelves, defeating the purpose of them cleaning yesterday. But alas, they were not able to find anything on a pony that has suddenly switched species.

"Twilight... I can't find anything. What are we going to do? Should we send a letter to the Princess? Spike suggested.

"NO we can't let her know, i might no be able to be her student anymore. We have to find something. I mean there has to be an explanation. This has to have happened before, it can't be only me that is cursed with bad luck!"

"What if we just tell her that you were researching if ponies could suddenly change species, and you were curious if it is really possible. Then you could ask her if there is anything you could do. Well maybe that part would be kind of suspicious." Spike concluded.

"That's a thought Spike, not bad but lets keep looking a little more first."

They searched for hours until they suddenly heard fierce knocking on the door.

“TWIIILIGHTT!!!!!!” she recognized the voice, it was one of her best friends, Rarity.
She sounded distressed. What would Rarity think of her change, really what would any pony think?

Twilight rushed to the door hoping for the best, however what she sees is a horrible mess.

All of her friends were there except that they were all different. They, as her, have all mysteriously switched species. Rarity and Applejack were Pegasai, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash were unicorns and Fluttershy was an earth pony.

“TWILIGHT WHAT HAPPENED TO MY HORN?” Rarity screamed as she took a look at her new wings.

“Twi what in the hay has happened to my wings? I have a reputation to uphold!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.

“What’s goin on sugarcube, thins ar’ real screwed up ri’ now.” Applejack said.

"WHOA!!! Everypony is different! Twilight we need to figure this out. I'll keep researching." Spike said

"Okay, thank you Spike." The purple pegasus exhaled in relief.

"Well... if its okay with you... i don't really mind that much... i never really used my wings" whispered Fluttershy

"FLUTTERSHY!!!!! This is important! I NEED my wings its like Rainbow Dash equals wings. Rainbow Dash with no wings is like Applejack with no APPLES!!!!!" Rainbow Dash shouted

"Ohh... I'm sorry... I d-didn't mean to upset y-you..." Fluttershy whispered.

"Dash calm down I reckon Twi has n a'nsr fer all this, right Twi?"

“Girls, I’m sorry I have no idea what has happened, but I wi--...... Oh no, Pinkie Pie... is a... unicorn...” She turned, as every other pony did, to look at Pinkie Pie jumping and hopping around paying no attention to the other ponies.

“GRAB HER!!!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Who knows what kind of things could happen with Pinkie using magic. Even when she was just an Earth pony, she could barely be contained.

They all rushed towards her but no pony could catch her. Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight had no idea how to use their wings, and Fluttershy and Dash tried to fly but fell flat on their faces due to the lack of their wings.

Pinkie just kept on hopping like nothing was wrong. She stopped, smelled some flowers, and saw her friend running at her.

“Girls, what’s wrong?” Pinkie wondered as she got out of the way and watched her friends get all jumbled up and tangled together. "Silly ponies! It's no time for twister if you haven't noticed we all are different and I'm pretty sure that is not good. Ohmygoshrememberthatonetimewherewewerereallymixedupandwedidn'tknowwhathappenedtous!!!! Oh wait.. That's now. Oh well, this is going to be a great story to tell someday!!"

“Pinkie whatever you do, do not use your horn...” Twilight cautioned her.

“Okie dokie lokie!!!” she exclaimed while she hopped back to the Library.


Coming Soon

What will our heros do now that they are all mixed up. Will they ever get back to normal? Will they every find their answers? WIll Derpy make a guest apperence? Will Pinkie mess everything up? PROBABLY!! IT"S PINKIE PIE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD OF COURSE SHE'LL SCREW SOMETHING UP!!!

Author's Note:

Hope you found it kinda interesting, it's my first so hopefully i'll get better. More chapters to come