• ...
3
 32
 2,395

Shadow of Fear

“Comin’ Sis!” Apple Bloom called down the hall. Applejack had been feeling a little ill lately, and had asked for some cool apple juice to help settle her stomach. Not to underdo things, the filly had prepared a full tray of juice for her big sister. Normally, an Earth Pony can’t carry something and talk at the same time, but Apple Bloom was quite skilled in carrying trays of food on her head. (no cutie mark in it though, she’d tried) It was something Applejack had taught her. Humming happily, she skipped through the door into her sister’s room, ready to deliver a quick drink. And promptly froze in terror.

Applejack wasn’t lying on her bed anymore. She was up on her hooves, and ready for a fight. Not only that, but her eyes were shining with a very rare emotion for the dependable earth pony: fear. It was understandable, considering three massive humans had her surrounded and looked pretty angry. Applejack had backed away as far as she could, but had inadvertently cornered herself. A harsh glare told Apple Bloom to stay quiet and not draw attention to herself. For a moment, you could cut the tension in the air with a knife. Then the humans attacked.

One human foolishly decided to attack from the side. Applejack was easily able to turn and buck him straight in the chest. There was a sickening *crack* and a pained grunt as her powerful hooves struck the chest. The injured human was thrown off its feet, and out of the fight. The Element of Honesty had disabled her first attacker, but it came at a heavy cost. The human right in front of her seized the little pony by her front hooves and lifted her high into the air. Applejack kicked and fought, but it was no use in the human’s powerful grip.

For a moment, all Apple Bloom could do was stare as the other human approached her sister, extending its claws. Then Applejack screamed as they ripped into her flesh.

“Hey! Leave mah sister alone ya big bullies!” Apple Bloom cried as she charged the monsters. Normally she wouldn't dare attack such dangerous creatures, but seeing her sister hurt had truly angered Apple Bloom. They foolishly ignored the tiny pony, focusing on hurting the one they had caught. Remembering something Big Mac had taught her, Apple Bloom stopped, twirled around, and hit one of the humans in the leg with her own powerful buck.

*CRACK*

The human howled in agony as its right leg broke. Apple Bloom fell on the floor, absolutely horrified by what she had done. The human’s leg hadn't just gone limp or hung there, like it had with some pony she had seen at the Ponyville hospital one time. No, the break was bad that the human’s leg had actually bent inwards! Even worse, through all the gushing blood and pulsing muscles, Apple Bloom could see a little white. She had nearly kicked the bone right out of the Human! Through it all, the human’s agonized wail screeched at her eardrums like a hoof on the chalkboard.

The innocent filly was screaming at what she had done when a set of hard talons closed around her neck. Her scream was abruptly cut off as the cruel claw choked off her windpipe. She looked up, to find the last human staring at her. At that moment, she would rather face anything else, anything else in the world. Timberwolves, Ursa Minors, Dragons, Nightmare Moon… she would've preferred to stare Discord himself in the eye than this foul, angry, murderous human. It squeezed her throat, ready to drain the tiny filly of her lifeblood. But the human had forgotten about somepony.

“Git..Yer..Paws..Off..OF.. MAH.. SISTER!!” Applejack bellowed, slamming into the human with all of her might. Taken by relative surprise, the human was knocked off balance and dropped Apple Bloom. She quickly scampered away, desperate to escape this nightmarish scene. Only once did she look back. Her big sister was charging the human again, trying to knock it off of its feet. This human was smarter than the rest though, and was seemingly dancing around her, evading her every move. Apple Bloom quickly reached the door, and turned around to see how her sister was doing. What she saw froze the blood in her veins.

The human was plunging a knife deep into Applejack’s neck.

NOO!! Applejack! Get up! Get up!” Apple Bloom screamed at the absolute top of her lungs as her sister dropped to the floor. The human wiped off his blade and looked on with detached interest as the little filly ran to her sister, pulling on her body and screaming. He shrugged, and scooped up the filly with his free hand. She looked up at him, yelling, kicking, biting, and basically doing everything in her power to cause him pain. He ignored it. With one quick flip of his arm, the human had Apple Bloom by her scruff, and his knife pressed against her neck.

“Such a cute pony.” He said, mostly to himself. And it was over.


Apple Bloom jolted awake in a surge of pure terror. Her frantic eyes searched the area, looking for murderous humans or dead sisters. Her heart beat faster than a jackrabbit, and her breathing was coming in pitched, gasping breaths. In an instant, she was up on her hooves, ready to run for her life. For a horrible moment, the poor filly thought she was still in her sister’s bedroom. But she wasn't. Which didn't do much to ease her fear and sorrow.

Nearby, the other Cutie Mark Crusaders were sleeping. Neither looked very peaceful, tossing about and whimpering. Scootaloo had it worse than Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom could just make out a few mumbled words.

“No…Please…Come back…”

Her friends were obviously having nightmares. Apple Bloom wanted to wake them, but she couldn't right now. Big Mac had taught her a few things to keep herself safe in dangerous situations. The first thing she had learned was how to hit a pony with a buck, though her brother warned her that she would be grounded for a month if she used it without a good reason. The next lesson was to stay quiet and hidden if she didn't know where she was. Apple Bloom didn't like the lesson at all, and she suspected Big Mac knew she wasn't going to follow his advice if she ever got attacked or foalnapped. Leading to a side of her Big Brother Apple Bloom didn't know existed.

As soon as he finished his little lecture on staying hidden, Big Mac head-butted his little sister, hard. She had gone tumbling through the dirt, and then looked at him with an indignant, but also confused look. His face had gone as blank as stone, then he walked over and did it again. Apple Bloom had yelled at him, and then tried to return his attack. He shrugged off the blow, picked up his sister by the tail, and dropped her on her head. She lay there stunned for a moment, and he gently pinned her down with his front hooves. Then Big Mac said one thing the impatient little filly had carried with her since: “There’s always a bigger pony.”

Apple Bloom had learned her lesson. Whenever something obviously dangerous or angry came around, Apple Bloom had very little problem hiding. Zecora had been an entirely different case. She didn't find anything about the masked zebra particularly scary, only different. She never understood why Applejack had gotten so scared; though being treated like a baby had seriously annoyed her. When Nightmare Moon had come though…

Well, hiding wasn't going to work forever, and Apple Bloom needed to know where they were. The filly had inherited Granny Smith’s unbreakable will, and she wanted out of this stupid room! Applejack was depending on her to find a cure, and she wouldn't her big sis down! Gathering her courage, Apple Bloom crept to the far wall of the little room, which seemed to be nothing more than a cloth drape. Maybe if she looked under it, she could find a way out! With a look at her friends to steel her nerves, Apple Bloom stuck her muzzle underneath and peered into the outside world.

It took the filly a moment to figure out where she was. They were still in the old castle from last night. Apple Bloom’s heart suddenly froze as she remembered more from last night. There were real, full-sized, flesh-eating humans here! Almost in conjunction with her realization, two of them came walking in from the main doors.

She didn't see the really scary one that had bellowed in her face last night, but these two were terrifying enough. Well, maybe not the red-maned human. He actually seemed really kind. But the others… Apple Bloom stared at the humans so long; she forgot they might see her too. The black-maned human noticed the peaking filly, and his eyes met hers.

For a moment, his gaze was as gentle as anypony’s. Yet his eyes hardened as he looked at Apple Bloom. Terror griped her as his piercing gaze went directly into her soul. His eyes were searching her for every weakness, yet promised unimaginable pain if she wronged him. Even the hungry gaze of that meanie Queen Chrysalis paled in comparison to this legendary monster. Poor Apple Bloom felt she would die if forced to watch much longer. Mustering every bit of willpower she had, the filly tore herself from his gaze and went running back into her stone sanctuary.

Apple Bloom ran hard, harder than she had in her entire life. A once dormant instinct in her mind was screaming danger, so much danger. For reasons she couldn't explain, that single angry human had scared her more than the entire pack of Timberwolves. So great was her terror, Apple Bloom forgot where she was, and how little room there was to run. The little yellow filly crashed into the unforgiving stone wall at her full speed. The cry of agony that quickly followed woke Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“Dad!” Scootaloo cried as she was torn from the land of dreams.

“Ahhh!” Sweetie Belle shrieked as she was jolted into consciousness. Both fillies’ heads darted around in fear, until they saw each other. They held the gaze for a moment, to make sure they were real, and then sighed in relief. The peace didn’t last, as a choked sob drew their attention.

“Apple Bloom! What happened?!” Scootaloo yelled as she galloped over to her friend
.
“Are you okay?” Sweetie Belle asked, raising her hoof in uncertainty.

Apple Bloom didn't reply; she was, for the first time in recent memory, crying. Yet it wasn’t the loud, painful kind of cries, hers was more of a hitched sob in-between mountains of tears. Her big sis was dying, she had gotten her best friends trapped in the Everfree Forest, and now they were all going to be eaten by humans! It was just too much for the little filly to handle.

“Hey, it’s okay, don’t cry.” Scootaloo said, wrapping her friend in a gentle hug. The flightless Pegasus may not be known to be touchy-feely, but she couldn't leave Apple Bloom crying on the floor.

“Yeah, we’re here for you.” Sweetie Belle added, joining in the group hug.

Apple Bloom leaned into her friends as her tears flowed. She couldn't deal with much of anything at the moment, and was content to bathe in her friend’s warmth and cry her fears away. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo didn't say a word. Something told them that this wasn't a time for speaking.

Eventually, the sobs quit wracking Apple Bloom’s shoulders, and tears dried up. She looked up at her friends with a sad, yet hopeful look on her face. They looked curious, but patient. Finally, the worry was lifted from the little Apple’s heart. These were her best best friends, and they would always be there for each other. The emotionally drained filly let out a small cough, and finally relaxed. She finally felt safe again.

“Sorry about that girls…” Apple Bloom mumbled, sounding downright ashamed of herself.

“Don’t worry! I won’t tell anypony you broke down on us.” Sweetie Belle happily declared, oblivious to the implied insult.

“Hey! You aren’t supposed to say that out loud!” Scootaloo said.

“I did not break down!” Apple Bloom protested.

The three fillies were interrupted by the cloth covering being lifted up. They froze as one of the humans peered in, holding something they couldn't quite see. The Cutie Mark Crusaders grabbed a hold of each other, ready to fight for their lives. But the human didn't try to grab them, he just slid a tray with three bowls on it into their little alcove and left, closing the drape behind him.

It was a long time before any of the girls moved.

“… Is..is it gone?...” Apple Bloom shakily asked.

““I-I think so...” Scootaloo stuttered, unwrapping herself with a bit of a blush.

“What is it?” Sweetie Belle asked, trotting towards the bowls, with her friends right behind her.

Nopony could really tell what was in the bowls. It looked almost like soup, but not any soup the fillies had ever seen before. It was yellow, and had strange looking chunks floating around in it.

“Don’t touch it! Those humans might’ve poisoned it!” Apple Bloom declared, with a noticeable tremor in her voice.

“Yeah, plus it looks disgusting!” Scootaloo agreed, turning her head away in disgust.

“It smells pretty good.” Sweetie Belle said, sounding a little confused as to why her friends were so scared. It was only soup. Without a second thought, the unicorn filly stuck her head in a bowl and started eating.

Apple Bloom quickly yanked her back. “Sweetie Belle! Don’t ya remember the stories?! Humans will try anything to catch a pony!”

Somewhat oblivious to her friend’s anger, Sweetie Belle let out an MMM. “This soup is really good!” she decided, “You girls should try it!”

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo stared at her, dumbfounded. Sweetie Belle took the opportunity to finish her soup, groaning in satisfaction every now and then. Before long, she finished her bowl, and trotted over to their makeshift bed to lie down. Her friends didn't move for the whole ordeal. They had no idea what to think.

Still, the longer the fillies stared, the more their stomachs hurt. They hadn't eaten in a long time, and that suspicious soup was looking a little tantalizing now. It hadn't helped that they had run the equivalent of a marathon last night. It would also be time for breakfast back home. Yet Apple Bloom steadfastly refused to eat the human’s soup. She didn't trust them at all.

Scootaloo was a different story. She didn't have a loving family to tell her bedtime stories of humans like Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle. Her mother had died when she was very young. She had been raised by her father, but he wasn't the best stallion for the job. Every day after work, he would drown memories of his perished wife in cider, leaving his daughter to mostly fend for herself.

Don’t get the wrong idea, the Stallion loved Scootaloo with all his heart. He did everything he could to care for her. The problem was that when his wife died, it shattered the Stallion. It was all he could do to keep his job at the weather factory and make sure his daughter was feed. He almost never was well enough to spend time with her, or play, as a father should. But he kept little Scootaloo out of the orphanage. He’d known what happened to little fillies who went there.

As a result, the orange filly learned very quickly how to fend for herself. She walked herself to school, she never let anypony visit her home, and she sang herself to sleep, using old lyrics from her mother’s desk. Sometimes, if she listened hard enough, Scootaloo could swear she heard another voice, singing along. Her most treasured possession was her Scooter, a present from her dad on her birthday. It had been the only time he stayed presentable long enough to buy her something other than food.

Despite this, a filly wasn't meant to raise herself. Sometimes, when she was really lonely or sad, Scootaloo would wiggle her way into her dad’s embrace. Then he would hold her, keeping her safe from the world, and everything would be all right. Until the rising dawn, when he would have to fly off to the weather factory again, leaving her all alone. And there were times she needed something to aspire to, to hope for. So, during the long daylight hours, Scootaloo would find a new pony to place her love in: Rainbow Dash.

Eventually, Scootaloo’s hunger overpowered her fear. Sweetie Belle had eaten it, and she was fine. Ignoring Apple Bloom’s protests, she strode bravely forward and took a sip from her bowl. It was like nothing she ever tasted before. The floating chunks tasted horrible, and Scootaloo made sure to spit them out. But the soup itself was warm and filling, and filled her aching stomach.


Thomas sighed in relief as more slurping came from the little alcove he put the Cutie Mark Crusaders in last night. The poor things had looked terrified when he gave them their soup, and he had been worried they wouldn't eat. For some reason, he was intensely concerned about their well-being. Even more than he was worried about his annoying step-siblings at home. David, on the other hand, was not. In fact, he was wondering why they had taken them in at all.

“Man, you gotta tell me. Why are you so worried about the little talking ponies?” the eighteen year old Texan asked, leaning up against the castle wall.

Thomas hesitated. David and Nick were his two best friends, and he would trust his life to them in a heartbeat. Yet the knowledge he carried was a double-edged blade. It could give them a crucial tool for survival and a vital advantage in any fight… or it could break their minds long enough to be eaten by a Hydra. For now, Thomas decided to keep his knowledge of Equestria secret. He would tell them later, when things had settled down a bit.

“They remind me of my pets back home. Must be parental instincts or something.” he truthfully replied, fixing David with a knowing look. “Besides, even you can’t deny they’re pretty cute.

David heartily laughed. Thomas was one of the few people capable of seeing past his mask. “Yeah Yeah, whatever. What I’m wondering is how that yellow one got a bow in her hair. Does she have an owner or something?”

“I doubt it.” Thomas carefully replied. “I mean, if I had talking ponies, I wouldn't be shy about letting others know.”

A light came on in David’s eyes. “Yeah. Hey, if we can get these things…”

Girls!” Thomas interrupted, surprising his friend. Thomas never interrupts. “They are girls like Jessica, call them what they are.”

“Okay okay, girls. Geeze man.” David replied, somewhat annoyed at being interrupted. “Anyways, we take the girls back to town. People will pay good money to see and talk to them. We could make a fortune!” he excitedly declared.

“Until the military developed an interest in a real, magical unicorn.” Thomas dryly replied. David had spent time with the military, he knew their ways. “On top of that, we’ll be parading some children around the state, exposing them to all kinds of people against their will, and basically making them our slaves.”

David’s smile slowly faded as he imagined that. Though he may not look it, the dangerous ex-military guy was actually quite sensitive. He would never intentionally harm kids. “Okay, bad idea.” He sighed. “So, what’s your plan veggie boy?” he asked Thomas, making a quick jab at him in the process.

“I vote we take the good Samaritan path.” He calmly replied, totally unfazed by his friend’s teasing. “Take the ponies home, and see if whatever civilization they have can help us get home.”

“I don’t like it, leaves way too much to chance.” David grunted. He had excelled in strategy before he had left the army. “What do we do if they’re hostile?”

“I don’t know.” Thomas sighed, as if deflating. “But I do know somepo-someone who might.” He stuttered, pointing at the alcove. That was close. He had almost revealed his status as a brony at the worst time.

David gave him a long stare before replying. “You make your point well, oh Silver Tongue of Mordor.” He declared, as if addressing royalty.

“That’s Equestria!” Thomas replied on instinct, and then froze. David didn't notice, just laughed at their running gag and left. Thomas had once declared himself king of all Equestria. (It had been a rather interesting day) The guys had decided it sounded too horse-ish, and decided he should be king of Mordor instead. They had no idea of the importance of that word… so far.

Thomas sighed again, though more in exhaustion than relief. He glanced forlornly at the alcove. He hoped the Crusaders would come out soon. Maintaining this charade of ignorance was really beating down on him. He took a moment to think to the future. He would have to win everypony’s trust, be accepted into Ponyville, get the princess’s help… For the fourth time that day, Thomas sighed. It was going to be a long week.


Rainbow Dash stretched out on a cloud and yawned. Cloud-busting had really taken it out of her today. That, on top of a brutal self-imposed mandatory training routine, had sucked every bit of energy from the rainbow-maned Pegasus. Oh well, all in a day’s work for her. If everypony else had to work as hard as she did, they’d take daytime naps too. Rainbow was about to drift off to dream about the Wonderbolts when a commotion started up. Groaning, she rolled over to what all the ruckus was about.

The Carousel Boutique seemed to be shaking on its foundations. This is rarely something to take interest in. Considering Rarity lived there, the place was bound to be shook up once in a while. But this particular tremor seemed to be particularly strong, and wasn't letting up. Vaguely interested, Rainbow drifted over to the side of the building. Noting the ground vibrating, she began to count slowly backwards. Right on cue, Rarity burst out the front door. “Oh this is the Worst. Possible. THING!” the unicorn wailed, before collapsing onto a sofa.

Rainbow Dash took this as normal behavior for her dramatic friend, and drifted over. “Hey Rare, what’s up?” she asked nonchalantly.

“Oh Rainbow Dash!” she cried, grabbing the Pegasus’ face with her hooves. “It’s Sweetie Belle! I simply cannot find her!”

While being grabbed in the face did a little to wake up Equestria’s most talented flyer, the news that somepony was missing did the rest. “What? What happened?! Where do you think she is?!?” Rainbow asked, urgently rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

“I thought she had slept over at Sweet Apple Acres, then I remembered Applejack has that terrible illness, then I wondered if she had gotten lost, then I remembered she’s been in Ponyville for months, then…”

“Whoa! Calm down.” Rainbow yelled, putting her hooves on Rarity’s shoulders. Usually Applejack would do this, but she wasn't exactly available… “C’mon, let’s get to Twilight’s place. She’ll know what to do.” She said, pushing the sofa down the street. As she did, she let her mind wander over the past few days.

Man, when Twilight had told them all Applejack was sick, Rainbow had flown straight to the Ponyville hospital and demanded to see her. Imagine her surprise when Nurse Redheart had informed her that Applejack wasn't in the hospital. Before say could say anything more, Rainbow had made it back to the library and demanded to know what was going on. The full news... it had hit her hard. Applejack was quarantined in her room, sick with an incurable disease. That was predominantly fatal.

Rainbow Dash didn't remember too much more from that day. They had all gone to Sweet Apple Acres to give Applejack their condolences, but Big Mac had stopped them at the gate. That stallion had always been quiet and little shy, but back then he had looked like a Royal Guard. Not angry, but dangerous if provoked. Rainbow doubted he would've let even the Princess’ past unless they had something to help Applejack. Still, for all the power he projected, Big Mac was scared, even Rainbow Dash could tell. They were all scared that they were gonna lose Applejack.

After they had given their gifts to Big Macintosh, Rainbow had spent the rest of the day in a bit of a daze. She still had weather patrol, and didn't want to let Ponyville down. Yet she was so confused and distracted her entire crew ended up telling her to take the day off. Not an easy thing to do, considering how aggressive the tomboyish pony usually reacted when she was told she should step down. Indeed, she had almost gotten up in their faces before the sadness pulled her back down. Then she had flown off to Sugarcube Corner, for something to help cheer herself up.

It’s funny, Sugarcube Corner was actually closed when she got there. It was the height of summer, and lots of ponies would want to stop by and grab something sweet. Rainbow Dash had gone to go look through the shutters to make sure there wasn't some mistake. As it turns out, Mr. Cake was standing guard, and immediately let Rainbow in when he recognized her. He didn't answer any of her questions, just pulled her along as fast as he could, with a bit of a desperate look on his face. Rainbow didn't like it, but allowed herself to be dragged all the way to Pinkie’s room. What she saw shocked her.

Pinkie was crying. Not the happy kind of crying she had done when Luna had finally been reunited with Celestia, but full-on sadness crying. Mrs. Cake was trying to offer her any number of things a mother would, to no effect. The twins were covered in flour for unknown reasons, and were looking at each other in confusion. Mr. Cake had obviously been making sure nopony they didn't trust saw Pinkie like this. As much as they loved her, Pinkie’s adopted family had no idea what to do. Rainbow Dash did.

The bearer of Loyalty had simply trotted up to the bearer of Laughter and hugged her. No words, no offerings, just hugged her. Pinkie immediately latched on to Dashie as if her life depended on keeping a hold of her friend. Then she started talking, or maybe blubbering would be a better word. Nopony really understood what she was saying, but it didn't matter at the moment. She just needed to release her fear. And Dashie let her.

It wasn't long before the Cakes caught on and joined Rainbow Dash in hugging Pinkie Pie. Together they cocooned the pink party mare in safety and love. Gradually, her tears began drying up, and her grip on Dashie began to loosen. The tomboyish pony looked at her friend and smiled. Pinkie, through her tears and straight mane, smiled back. They would be there for each other, whatever happened. Together they would get through this.

That had been quite the day. Today, Rainbow had buried her fears in work. She put her heart and soul into cloud-busting, ensuring not a single shadow would cross Ponyville that day. Once her shift was over, Rainbow began her training. Every time a treasured memory of Applejack began to surface in her mind, she flew faster and harder. She had to keep telling herself that there was nothing she could do; all she could do right now was hope and wait…

It turned out that her method succeeded. By the end of her training regime, Rainbow was so tired all she could think of was sleep, not a certain orange pony. Her dreams would've been hopeful ones of flying with the Wonderbolts if Rarity hadn't accidently woken her back up. In fact, Dashie considered adding “fast enough to outfly memories” to her reputation, but quickly dismissed it. Not cool enough.

Before long, they reached Golden Oaks library. Rainbow had decided that particular sofa had gone far enough, and tried to pull Rarity off of it. Turns out that mare can be pretty darn stubborn when she wants to be. Giving up on doing it herself, Rainbow opened the door to enlist Twilight’s help. And nearly tripped over Spike.

*yawn* “Hey Rainbow Dash. What’s with the sofa?” the baby dragon asked, rubbing some sleep from his eyes.

Rarity chose that moment to pop her head up. “Oh Spiky-Wikey!” she cried, grabbing his cheeks, “Have you seen my Sweetie Belle anywhere??”

Spike was paralyzed for a moment, as his brain was attempting to process the fact that his crush had a hold of his face and way mere inches away. Thankfully, Princess Celestia had raised him to be a gentledragon, and that meant never taking advantage of a Lady. Though it took a moment, he managed to shake himself out of his trance.

“Uh…No, not recently! But I’ll get right on it! Fear not fair Lady, I will soon return with your beloved sister!” Spike declared in his best heroic voice. Then, with a theatrical bow, he was gone. Rainbow Dash had somehow not rolled her eyes through the whole ordeal. Quite the feat, considering her view on the situation.

“Oh I do hope he finds her.” Rarity sighed, dramatic as ever. This time Rainbow did roll her eyes, and added an exasperated sigh for good measure. That poor dragon would never move on if Rarity kept stringing him along like this. Oh well, it wasn't her place to step in.

“C’mon! We’ll never reach Twilight at this rate!” Rainbow yelled as she tipped the sofa over. That finally succeeded in getting it’s unicorn occupant off, though not without a large degree of indigent noises. In fact, Rarity looked ready to knock Rainbow Dash out of the sky once she regained her hooves.

“Do you want to find Sweetie Belle or not?” she asked, staring Rarity in the eye without a hint of fear. Finally, the fashion pony came out of her episode.

“Let’s go.” Rarity replied, serious again, and they galloped into the library to find Twilight.

Author's Note:

I'm SOSOSOSOSO sorry this took so long!!!! :(( I just had midterms, then I was working, then... blah blah blah, I've kept you all waiting too long. Here is chapter 4!

Hey, do you guy think I should add a gore warning? That was one brutal nightmare I gave Apple Bloom. No I DON'T like torturing ponies, thank you very much! I made it that bad for a reason. Anyways, read and review! The next chapter is underway!