• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,742 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,742

PreviousChapters Next
(88) Our life: Not the best idea.

------Eclipse (3:12 PM) ------

I was rubbing my nose…Muzzle….Nose, I’m gonna say nose, with one of my hooves. These wings were…Interesting to say the least. It was like having some foreign limb suddenly attached to your body. I was more or less getting the hang of at least moving them in general directions, but aside from the, It was… difficult to say where the hell they were going. Sometimes I would think I was stretching it to have it smack me in the face or flank.

“How do YOU do it scoots?” I asked the small orange filly currently hanging off my wing. I hadn’t even noticed until I looked at her.

“It just kinda comes natural eclipse! It’s not unusual for a Pegasus to not know what’s going on with their wings till they have had some time with them. Like mine? They still haven’t grown in, but according to my mom I was almost THREE before they started listening! THREE! I’m like… Wow!” Yea… Wow.

“Okay… So it’s just going to happen?” She nodded and dropped to the couch. I looked over at moon mist. She just smiled at me. It was definitely comforting. Light, Sweetie belle, and Apple bloom were all very much… interested. They couldn’t take their eyes off of me. And I admit, I was interested too… but this is very... eh…

“Okay…. I’m gonna… Go for a walk. See you two later tonight?” Light and mist nodded. The crusaders all let out a simultaneous “Awwww” as I got up and headed out the door. I rounded the corner and immediately teleported into my room. Thankfully my spark still worked. But it would make so much more sense if I had a fucking horn!

“This is stupid.” I mumbled to myself as I climbed up onto my bed. Somepony had moved my coat up here. It was hanging off the bed, and little Luna immediately flew over too me. Snuggling up next to my neck. This body was interesting. I definitely enjoyed it, but it was…Weird. Everything about it came naturally; I even had a craving for salad. But the one thing that I couldn’t figure out… Flight.

“I figured you would be up here… You may fool the kiddies, but not me mister.” Moon mist entered the room and shut the door behind her. I activated my spark to see souls and found the kids were running outside to play. Nopony else was in the house.

“Nopony else is here. Light doesn’t come home for at least four hours. It’s you and me.” She began to circle the bed. I found myself strangely attracted to her flank. Not that it wasn’t attractive in the first place, it was just… interesting, I was TOO attracted… Like my body wanted…Oh… Okay... That makes sense.

“Well, I’m afraid I can’t fiddle with your horn anymore, no fingers...But if your front hooves are as sensitive as before? I think we can make this work.” She laughed as she jumped onto the bed Lowering my head with her fore hooves she kissed me passionately. She tasted like blueberries…

“Better make it count. Your only gonna be this way for so long.” I smiled. I can make it count.

“You’re dirty.” She laughed. Everything comes natural…Except the damn wings. Little Luna decided it was time to abandon ship before the ship started, and went back to my coat pocket.

-----Luna (4:23) -----
“What do you mean you left him there with the elements?” We were once again in Celestia’s bedroom. We always came here to yell at each other over everything! And every time Eclipse decided to do something stupid we came here!

“Of course I did Luna. There was no reason for ME to be there. The girls must come to accept what he is without our assistance.” Well yes, fine that is reasonable thinking.

“But what if they decide his is a threat and use the EOH?” Celestia looked at me confused.

“Elements of harmony, really Tia, you thought me being stuck on the moon would keep ME in the past.” She stared a moment before shaking her head.

“Well I believe if they were going to use the elements of harmony, they would have already. I left him there at twelve dear sister.” I looked to the clock. It was almost 4:30… And there was no power surge…

“Oh no, what if he killed them!” I started to panic but Celestia laughed. Like this is all some big joke and there is no way eclipse could kill them.

“There is no way eclipse could kill those girls. Or even hurt them! He would take his own life before theirs. You know this as well as anypony. Now calm down and stop getting so worked up. Go and visit them, there are no problems. Trust me.” Yes… Visit. I can do that. That… Yes, okay.
I focused on my horn until the magic was sufficiently charged, then I teleported to the outside of eclipses house. I looked around to find Ponyville still pretty much intact as ever… So that’s good. I opened the front door and trotted inside to find a large tan stallion drinking some hot cocoa while flapping his wings. He looked at me and smiled.

“Hello Luna, come to visit?” Hmm… He sounds familiar. I closed the door behind me and walked to the opposite couch before laying on it.

“Yes, I did…Who are you? Do you know where eclipse is?” He laughed as I said that.

“Luna, hun. It’s me. Surprise!” I stared in awe; no way was this pony eclipse. Unless…

“So you discovered that the spark was more powerful then you thought and transformed yourself into a pony… Very nice, why not an alicorn though? Or perhaps a dragon even. Surly there are more terrifying forms then a Pegasus?” he stared at me. One hoof was balancing on the bottom of his cocoa cup the other fore hoof went up to rub his face.

“I completely forgot I could use this damn spark to shift my body… This was the result of a potion, it would change me temporarily. And now that I think about that, where’s my watch?” he began inspecting his body.

“Eclipse, if your watch is the glowing timepiece, it is attached to your ear.” He felt his ears and found the watch. It seemed to have merged with them.

“Oh that’s no good… My clothes shifted fine, but I suppose human tech doesn’t work well with zebra alchemy… Heh. Alchemy. Man… Edward will always hold a very small place in my heart.” Eclipse smiled as he lowered his hoof and took another drink. He always had that small smile on his face, and that certainly hasn’t changed.

“What are you doing down here? I figured you would be out, gallivanting through town. Perhaps celebrating with your mare friend?” He laughed and shook his head.

“No no, no gallivanting, my lack of pants brings about bad situations. And I already ‘celebrated’ so to speak, she passed out. I didn’t feel at all tired, so I came down here.” I nodded as he began to stare into the fire.

“How did they all take it?” He scoffed.

“They all hate me, but at least they accept what I am, and are willing to be my friend anyway. Or maybe they don’t hate me, and I’m just assuming they are being nice because I feel they want to pity me.” He sighed as he said that. He was getting all sad again. Not really surprising, he always over thinks these things.

“Eclipse, do I need to explain ponies again? We aren’t humans. We show what we feel on the surface. We won’t hide behind layers of emotional lies like you. That is very much a human thing.” You don’t spend three months bathing with a human and not learn about them. Silly foal.

“I know Luna. I know, I know, I know! But still! It’s like a part of me WANTS them to hate me for what I am. Even though I know now more than ever, that they will always accept me.” As he finished the sentence a small scroll appeared from a cloud in front of him. He looked at it a moment before his magic picked it up and unrolled it.

“It’s a letter from Twilight to Princess Celestia.” He looked at me. I just shrugged. What else could I do? Sometimes the things my sister does confuse me. He just sighed and looked back at the scroll.

“Dear princess Celestia. Today I learned that friends can be true and pure even if they may not have always been so. Our dear friend eclipse certainly had a dark past and that may have changed him for the worst, but instead he chose to embrace it, accept it, and warn others about what he is. Because of this we have come to grow even closer to him, and hopefully one day he will stop beating him up over stupid stuff. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.” Eclipse immediately rolled his eyes at the piece of paper. Before he focused and sent it on its way.

“Where did you send it?” I asked as the final vapor trails disappeared.

“Back to Celestia. Twilight and Spike wouldn’t have sent it to me. So I can only assume she did. It’s a little stupid though. All things considered. I mean, fine. They accept me. But what if the spark isn’t even done yet? What if because of the fact that we split it, it’s like… I don’t know. I don’t even know where I was going with that.” I smiled and shook my head.

“Eclipse, there are many things in this world which we may never understand. Perhaps you should simply accept the fact that everything worked out and live life to the fullest. But, if you feel your spark may be dangerous. I can poke it for you real quick, test its strength.” He looked at me and nodded.
I stood and walked over to him before placing my horn against his chest. He was very tall for a pony.


-----Eclipse (4:53) ------
Luna poking her horn to my chest didn’t really take my mind off of the important fact. My watch was now an earring. I don’t even know how the hell that’s possible. But I really hope when the hours are up it doesn’t like, merge with my spleen. That would be uncomfortable, and deadly. Mostly deadly I think.

“Eclipse.” Luna backed up a step and looked at me concerned.

“Yea? What? Its exploding isn’t it. I knew it! Can never have good things.” She shook her head at me.

“No, it’s not exploding. It’s whole.” Whole? Like…Wait, what?

“What do you mean whole?”

“I mean you have both halves of your spark. I don’t know how or when, or why I didn’t feel a surge of power, but your halves are reunited. Is light okay?” He looked fine earlier… But he did look kinda out of breath, so did it happen before then? I haven’t been exhausting physically since I visited zecora, but that was more of my mind didn’t want to function, not my body…

“Luna, I’m gonna be honest. I don’t have the slightest clue what happened. The kid is fine though, just saw him earlier. At this point, I would rather we just sweep this under the rug. There’s enough shit going on right now, that I just… Hmm. Yea.” She nodded and smiled.

“I understand eclipse. I will see you later?” I nodded at her and watched as she charged her teleport, and flashed away.

So my spark is whole. I have the ability to alter reality. And I’m most likely going crazy.

“OH no dear boy! Insanity is so much more fun!” I looked at discord. He had been patiently waiting the entire time.

“So, again I gotta ask… Where the hell did you come from?” He laughed.

“I’ve always been with you. You just didn’t know it! Plus you said it yourself! The main character ALWAYS hallucinates. No point in breaking the norm now?” Discord smiled.

“Right… No point now.”

PreviousChapters Next