• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,743 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,743

PreviousChapters Next
(87) Our life: Complication!

------Eclipse (12:32 PM) ------

See, when people say you’re going to be in a lot of pain, they lie. They ALWAYS lie. I expected it to be SO much worse, that I had hesitated all this time at the thought of extreme pain. Maybe I’m a bit more resistant to pain then ponies are? Or maybe being assaulted by wolves tends to increase your resistance a bit; I’m not really sure which. But to be honest, It DID still hurt like a bitch. Having your bones reconfigured has that effect. Funny thing is, it shifted my clothes as well.

I was staring at the bottom of the refrigerator. It was seriously gross. I need to clean it out…
I tried to move my legs. Failure, I tried to move my arms. Also failure. I could kind of nod however, in my position I could see the door to the living room, a wall and the fridge. I couldn’t see my body.

“Hey girls! I think… I think I need help!” Thankfully through most of my life here the words DON’T PANIC have been written on the back of my eyelids. I just need a towel.

Twilight was the first to come in, when she saw me laying on the ground staring at her angrily, she just laughed.

“Oh ha ha, yea laugh it up hun, I’m sure it’s hilarious, I can’t use my legs.” She smiled as she wrapped me in her magic, straightening me out and floating me up so I could place my legs on the ground… Sorry, hooves. I knew how to stand by instinct. I could even walk a little. I looked around; everything was the same height, so I obviously hadn’t shrunk.

“Why couldn’t I use my legs?” I turned to Twi she just sighed again.

“You were pushed against the counter. How are you feeling?” I did a quick trot in place. I felt… Good! I sorta felt antsy though. Like something was keeping me down. I didn’t care. I walked…Trotted, over to twilight. She smiled at me and led me back out to the living room. Where I was then assaulted by collective gasps.

“What? Do I look bad? Oh man, now I need a mirror. Anyone have a really big mirror?” they all turned to each other in silence and began sharing some sort of telekinetic conversation. I was uncomfortable about all this… Rainbow dash was the first one to turn away. She trotted up to me, she was still very small to me, it was a little sad…

“Eclipse…” Her name was leaking with seductive tones. She took off and started to rub her muzzle against my neck. I didn’t know what the hell was going on.

“Rainbow, while I appreciate the att” She hit the spot on my neck, and the sound I heard before the girls busted out laughing will haunt me forever.

*POMF* OH FUCK NO.

I immediately looked over my shoulder to find two huge sets of tan wings spread to their fullest extent, which was well over three feet. My coat color was exactly the same as my flesh being a VERY light tan. That’s disappointing. But my tail and mane were both black and white, mostly black, with white stripes.

“Oh man.” I sat down, which is more to say my back legs buckled and I ended up sitting.

“I’m a Pegasus.” The girls were all laughing as I looked at my wings. I didn’t want these things! Ahh man! I’m afraid of heights so they give me wings. Fuck these people!

“Don’t worry about it eclipse, I’m sure once you get out there it will all get better! You just need to try it I’m sure.” Twilight was trying to be helpful, that’s obvious.

“Yea… Okay, uh… shit… I don’t even know how to USE these things…” And rainbow was suddenly flying in front of me.

“Follow me.” Was all she said as she led the way out of the house. I managed to get my wings to flatten back against my sides; at least until we were out the door, then I started feeling very… Energetic. I wanted to RUN. Or fly, I’m not really sure, the feelings are similar.

She led me to the back of the house, between hers and mine to be specific. The girls were all following, talking about how I looked as a stallion. I couldn’t hear them often, but when I did… I liked it!

“OKAY!” Rainbow landed hard on the ground and turned to face me. I just sat and waited.

“FIRST STEP! Spread your wings!” Oh right. Okay.

“Yea, okay sure hang on let me, oh you know what, I forgot, I’m new to the flying thing. Here, there’s one way I can do it.” I started thinking about moon mist.

*Pomf* “There! Happy?” She blushed and closed her eyes. Then I saw her wings flare out with the now familiar *Pomf* and I smiled.

“Eclipse… We can continue this later…” I shrugged as she walked off, then rarity walked up next to me.

“Uh... Eclipse, dear… You aren’t wearing pants, not that you aren’t very impressive for a stallion, surly there are better places to think of things like that?” I looked at her a moment before what she said sunk in. I immediately laid flat on the ground and blushed.

“Uh… Yes, right. I apologize. Um…. Hmm. Well.” She just nodded at me, her face was also red. I looked at the rest of the mane six. Applejack had an eyebrow raised, the moment I looked over she whistled at me. Fluttershy’s eyes were open so wide I thought they were going to pop out, her wings fully spread on either side. Twilight was covering her face, and pinkie was just laughing. I covered my face with my hooves.

Maybe there are advantages to being human…

-----Light (3:00) -----
AND IM OUT! YES! I immediately ran out of the school building, school is so BORING.

“Light wait up!” Scootaloo ran out next to me and we waited for sweetie belle and Apple bloom to exit the school house, they always took forever. Brew was right behind them; she closed the door and nodded at me as she walked over to Cheerilee. I’m almost positive they are doing something… There’s just no way somepony would look at somepony else like that unless they were in love, or a stalker.

And I’ve heard that brew has been both…

“Hey guys, what’s going on? Did yall break sumthin?” I shook my head as apple bloom trotted up sweetie belle was humming the crusaders theme song. They had tried singing it for me once before… I tried not to laugh, thankfully they all thought it was funny too, otherwise I woulda been in a lot of trouble.

“So girls what are we doing today?” I asked as they finally stopped in front of me.

“I say we go bug eclipse. We never do that, and it might be fun!” Scootaloo was buzzing around with her wings. She couldn’t actually get off the ground, but it was still very funny to watch.

“If you three REALLY wanna go bug dad, I’m not objected to it. We haven’t talked in a while so who knows.” They all nodded in unison and we started heading to the house.

We got there in a few minutes and I was out of breath. This stupid spark hadn’t been working lately. I didn’t have the necklace on, but whatever.

We went up and opened the door to find moon mist sitting on the couch talking to a very large tan stallion with blue eyes. His mane was streaked back and black and white. He looked pretty cool, but he was SO BIG! Big Macintosh was the only pony I met that was anywhere near his size! And according to eclipse, big Macintosh is only smaller than Celestia herself!

“WOAH!” Scootaloo went over and pounced the strange pony while the rest of us went to moon mist.

“Those wings are HUGE! How did you get them so big!? Are they natural?” The pony just smiled at us.

“Welcome home light.” My jaw dropped when he spoke. This wasn’t just a tan pony…

“DAD?!” He laughed and nodded.

“But you’re… You’re! You’re a! But how!?” he stretched out one of his wings; it was almost as big as him! I was amazed! Sweetie belle and apple bloom “Ohhhh”ed in unison and Moon mist did a little jump when she saw him spread his wings. She had a huge smile on her face. It was so cool; my dad was finally a pony!

“It’s a potion zecora gave me. It turns me into a pony for twelve hours. It’s gonna take that long for me to figure out how to fly! I just managed to learn to stretch my wings not twenty minutes ago. It’s very difficult… At least if you aren’t born with them.” We all laughed as his left wing stretched and his right receded. He was trying to manipulate them separately.

“You’re so weird dad!” He smiled at me and laughed. One of his wings swooping forward and smacking him in the nose.

“This is so hard! It’s like having a second set of arms with a weird ass bone structure!” He sighed and rubbed his nose with a hoof.

PreviousChapters Next