• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,743 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,743

PreviousChapters Next
(80) Our life: Cloudy with a chance of discord

-----Eclipse (11:29 PM) -----
It made sense. I had always loved this cheery little cartoon; something about it had grasped my attention and just held it. Here I was thinking I was a normal human living day to day life and suddenly I develop a serious case of “you may be discord” Well FML. I’m my own enemy. How fun is that!

“You must be mistaken eclipse! There is no way that you are discord! He was cruel! You are kind! He relished in the pain of others, you seek to make them happy!” Celestia was losing her cool. There’s something you hope to never see.

“It makes sense Celestia. Think about it! Really think. This spark, no matter how simple or farfetched the possibility may be; allows control over reality! I recently shut off gravity on a rock! Not to mention coated a huge area in ice, and then melted it because it wasn’t normal ice, there is only so many possibilities!” She looked stunned as everything sank in.

“So…What are the possibilities…?” She looked sad as I thought about it.

“Well, the first would be that I follow in my own footsteps, becoming a servant of chaos and most likely being destroyed, I REALLY don’t want this to happen but frankly it’s possible. Maybe a type of memory inside the spark, some form of chaos relapse I don’t know.” She nodded.

“The second? I accept that I may be the reincarnation of the god of chaos, and try to use my powers to fix everything he fucked up. It would be hard, and I may have to leave my friends to do it, but eventually I may make amends.” She looked at me, and she was crying. I had never seen Celestia cry.

“After that, there’s one of the worst possibilities, and there is the one I want.” She was openly weeping. I wanted to hug her. But that would require feeling anything but annoyance.

“The third… And the one I hate the most. I can leave, if I made it to this world, I can make it back. Change it so I never happened. You said discord can affect minds, so I could remove everyponies memories of me being here. And I can just go. To protect all of us. I could revise everything about my existence.”

“The fourth and the one I really would like… I tell everypony what, and who I am. And hope they accept me after they have been told. They most likely would. But… I rather like my life. And I don’t want it to change.” I picked up little Luna. She just looked at me as I drew her to my face. “At least you would stay.” She just nuzzled the bridge of my nose in response.

“I simply cannot accept that you are such a bad thing!” She was crying so hard that her words were coming from between hiccups… I placed little Luna in my pocket. Time lines, so much shit to keep track of. Can I travel through time? I sort of hope not. Otherwise my bodies would start piling up. And eclipse bodies are bad. No, time travel or control isn’t possible, otherwise the filters could see through them right?

“Celestia, there isn’t much else of an explanation. I am what I am.” I jumped from discords statue. Landing in front of Celestia I hugged her. “I am so sorry. I wish there was another way to take this.” Me hugging her at least calmed her a bit.

“There has to be a way… To find if what you say is true.” Well…

“I could detach discords head and take a look around.” She cry/laughed so that’s good…ish.

“No, that… Would not work... I am sorry about losing control of my emotions, it normally does not happen.” I just laughed.

“Lose control more often; open up have a good time. You worried that you will offend me because you cry? Or perhaps it’s for appearance sake, you have to be eternally strong and graceful or some jazz.” I just squeezed her a little tighter. Celestia of Equestria, crying because she thought I could turn into her worst enemy from her best friend. Again.

“…Yes… Okay. I will…” She sighed and regained her composure. Her voice returning to that familiar joking tone.

“This… Event requires more research. If you would be willing to accompany me to my workshop…I would like to study you some more.” WOW! Hot.

“You’re like my mom, I don’t know…” To her credit, she did take it in stride. But she did blush.

“It’s better than the other option of me taking you to the bedroom.” Man… I love these princesses! We smiled at each other as I followed her. I looked back at the discord statue. And what I saw frightened me more than anything I’d ever seen before.
Myself. In his place. I focused my magic on the statue, and watched as discords head slid off. He won’t recover again.
“Eclipse?” She couldn’t see it, so I ran to catch up.

It was after noon by the time she stopped poking and prodding me with her horn, I was able to keep my pants at least.

“So, what is it? You have some way to recognize my spark from his?” She nodded and walked to the corner of the room, rummaging through a chest high cabinet she eventually pulled out a single jar full of brown fluid. She carried it over to me, and me being well. Me, I took it and opened it. One quick sniff later and I was laughing.

“Is this a jar of chocolate milk?” She smiled and shook her head as a pink form shifted out of the jar. A small cloud of cotton candy. Amazing.

“Can I please eat it?” She laughed as I said that and caught it in her magic before it could escape.

“No eclipse, I need you to try and make one. Perhaps if you can, then we can see if yours and discords magic’s, are truly one in the same.” Oh great yea. Let the stupid kid who can barely make fire and ice create a complex cotton-candy cumulus which channels curious chocolate confectioneries…Hmm. Wait...

“Does confectionery apply to chocolate milk?” Celestia looked at me a moment.

“Well... I suppose. It is high in sugar.” Okay…

“Would you say that this cloud is curious?” She thought about that.

“Well, I suppose I’m curious about the cloud. What is this about?” Trolololol.

“Nothing, just wondering. All right, gonna try to… Create one of these.” I focused on making a cloud… And I made one. It was small. And black. And it attacked me. With lightning.

“Ow!” I smacked it and it poofed into nothing as I rubbed the back of my hand.

“Oh dear. Are you all right?” I looked at the back of my right hand; there was now a little black scorch mark.

“Uh. Yea, I’m fine... It just startled me really.” She nodded as I focused again this time making a perfectly normal white cloud.

“Okay… I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have anywhere near as much experience with this as discord… Can I like, go home and practice?” She nodded as I focused and made a perfectly round cloud. It ended up falling and bouncing before dissipating.

“Yea… No experience at all.” I reached out to the regular white cloud and was able to touch it. I grabbed and pulled it to myself. It was about as big as my head, but it was fluffy. So I did what comes natural. I hugged it.

“Eclipse, hugging clouds is not something discord would do.” I laughed. The cloud was VERY plush. I may have to make a bed out of them.

“Yea, but that’s for the best right?” she nodded as I stood, releasing the cloud. It floated off a bit and stopped.

“Oh right, your clouds don’t move unless moved. I keep forgetting.” She smiled as I put back on my shirt and coat.

“Celestia…” I finished putting my coat on and turning to face her. She looked at me with a smile. But I’ve known her long enough to know it was fake.

“Don’t tell anypony… Please?” She just nodded.

“When we complete the test, and know for sure. Then we will inform them. If necessary.” I nodded and gave my own fake smile.

“Off to learn how to create cotton candy clouds.” She nodded as I started walking down the halls, white cloud in tow. Little Luna flew out of my pocket and onto the cloud as I dragged it around. I just laughed as she fell asleep on it.

At least one person would never leave me. But maybe I’m over thinking this. I over think everything else…

PreviousChapters Next