• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,743 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,743

PreviousChapters Next
(68) Our life: Visits

------Moon Mist (8:38) -----
Light and I were staring into space thinking about how often fluttershy sleeps on eclipse. It really was quite a lot. But the, I know he won’t do anything, and she just likes the way eclipse feels. I do too, so I can appreciate why she wants him to touch her… Honestly…. Now I want to be touched…
I shook my head after a moment and looked at light his blue eyes were staring off into the distance
“Light, aren’t you supposed to be heading to school?” He looked at me and then nodded before jumping off the bed and leaving the room. I stood and placed my forehooves out in front of me. A quick stretch later and I jumped out of the bed. I must have woken little Luna however as she landed on me and tangled herself into my mane, not hard to do, I hadn’t brushed it yet.
I stepped out of the room and started walking down the stairs. Thorn was on the couch and she smiled and waved as I passed to the kitchen. Thorn was nice, but ever since I discovered she was a filly fooler it’s been difficult for me to talk to her without thinking she is hitting on me…

-----Bulls eye (8:42) ----
Sitting on the bed is tons of fun when you’re thinking about how much of a waste of space you’ve been for the past few days… I jump off the mattress my body actually left an indent on it. It had been what, two days since I had the inclination to move? It is amazing what a friend you thought you had gotten killed talking to you can do. But now I need to go visit apple jack… Oh she is gonna be so pissed… How am I going to tell her that I’m leaving the farm to do scouting again? It’s dangerous but a pack of wolves that large? It had no business being that close. Whoever they have watching this place are obviously no good. Or don’t take their job seriously!
I walked out into the living room telekinetically streaking my hair to the side; I never understood why unicorns use combs. I headed down into the living room and found thorn giving me a sad smile. It just made me hate myself a little more. I walked over and gave her the deepest kiss I could manage.

“I’m sorry I haven’t been myself thorn. But I’m going to fix it with applejack.” She smiled at me her face obviously brightened a bit by my newly regained attitude. After that I walked into the kitchen to find moon mist. She was preparing a sandwich, one of those peanut butter and jelly ones eclipse likes.

“Uh… Hi moon mist.” She looked at me a moment and sighed.

“Yes… Hello Bulls eye.” Was she still mad at me? He’s okay right?

“You aren’t still…Ya know… Angry about all this are you?” She shook her head, to comfort me or telling the truth, I don’t know…

“Okay… Are you going to see Eclipse? Or do you like those sandwiches too?” She smiled at that.

“Nah, I never liked them. Eclipse is currently holding a sleeping fluttershy, so he asked me to bring him breakfast. Given fluttershy hasn’t slept in the past couple days, I would say it’s good she’s sleeping.” Couple days?

“Fluttershy hasn’t been sleeping?” Again she shook her head before placing the sandwich in a small bag.

“Nope. She just stared at the tree line. Occasionally she would go check on her animals, do her job ya know? But she didn’t like the idea of eclipse being injured and her being unable to help.” Wow… That’s…Nice of her.

“I’m sorry, about this. I mean, I made everypony hate me…” she laughed as me as she circled around to the living room.

“Nopony hates you, we were just worried, the only way we could show that was in anger, or silence. Most of us chose anger. To you unfortunately. I was a silent, so was fluttershy. None of us hate you. Go make up with your mare friend. I’m sure eclipse had the chance to talk to her already.” I don’t know why this mare could talk to me like that… Everything she said just made sense. Eclipse was the only person who was ever able to do that. It disturbed me a bit…

“Can I come see eclipse too?” She smiled… It was like she was my mom, but I was older than her. Being a scout must really fuck you up in the head…

“Of course you can bulls-eye. Just follow me.”

“Thanks misty…” There’s that smile again… so warm… I don’t even want to hit on this pony… I ALWAYS hit on ponies!

-----Eclipse (8:50) ------
“All right dad, I gotta go. See you when I get off of school?” I smiled at light.

“Sure thing kiddo. Now go on don’t want to be late.” Not to mention me holding fire while petting fluttershy may frighten him…
After he ran off to school I adjusted so I could hold and pet fluttershy with one hand. My right to be specific.

“Okay. Now…” I stared at my left hand, I had it open palms up a little ways away. I focused a moment longer and watched as it began to freeze over. Eventually my entire hand was crystalline.

“Cool…” Was all I could say as I wiggled my fingers I had full control, the ice was just like, a part of me.
“I wonder if…” I placed my hand on the ground and sent a pulse of magic through my palm. The grass for a good five inches around my hand suddenly froze solid, misted over and began cracking.

“God damn… This is cool.” I focused on my hand again watching the ice recede back into my flesh.
“Sorta creepy too…” I focused again and watched as bolts of electricity started shifting from one finger tip to the next. Nothing but bright purple flashes between my fingers. I couldn’t help myself I started giggling like a school girl. THIS was power! Fuck super strength!

“Eclipse why is your hand electrified?” I looked up to see mist and Be looking at me. Be didn’t look too surprised. I was more surprised I think, that Misty even knew what electrified was. I focused and shook my hand the extra electricity discharged into the atmosphere making me shock myself.

“Ow, and no reason…” She just sighed and walked over to me, stepping into the ice grass patch she shivered.

“What the heck?” She backed up and looked at the patch of grass. It was actually steaming because of the temperature difference.

“Okay… Eclipse, have you been screwing with the spark thing?” Be walked up and investigated the ground while mist questioned me.

“Uh… Yes? I mean, yes. I have. It’s my spark thing, and I wanna know what it can do. Once this cuddle bunny wakes up I’m heading to Rarity’s for a proper ‘oh shit I broke your clothes don’t break me’ and then to twilight's to learn some basic magic.” Moon mist stared at me a moment and shrugged (?!) before sitting next to me. And handing me a sammich!

“Eat up… You’re such a dork eclipse. I know basic magic.” …

“I forgot I was dating a unicorn… I feel stupid. I am so sorry.” Bulls eye finally got bored looking at the patch of grass and walked over to me she whispered a quick thank you in my ear and then headed for sweet apple acres.

“Jeez…Now I really wish I could see how their meeting goes…Oh wait I can!” I focused as my eye shimmered.

“Aha! Just like Bulls-eye-vision.” Mist just frowned and laid her head on my leg, I used my other free hand to pet her. I found little Luna worked into her mane, after freeing her she settled into my jacket pocket. Felt good to have her back.
Okay... Bulls eye is approaching the apple orchard….

She’s found apple jack… We have yelling!

Shit she’s furious… Be is yelling back… I wish I could hear!

Now they have stopped and are staring at each other with the fury of a thousand suns…

Now they are making out… Oh, got some tongue in there… Oh and now work down the…. Well… Not bad… NO! Fuck!

I closed my eye and make the shimmer disappear; I am NOT going to voyeur on my friends!

“Hmmm…They started making love didn’t they…?” Mist sounded tired as she said that. I just chuckled a little.

“Only a little bit... How could you tell?” The next words I heard will scar me for life.

“Um…Eclipse? Can you stop poking me…?” OH…God… I am so sorry fluttershy.

PreviousChapters Next