• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,742 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,742

PreviousChapters Next
(67) Our life: petting a pony

-------Eclipse (6:12 PM) ------
I felt like shit. Leaving rainbow like that… But what else could I do? I want to love her that way, but I can’t. I would gladly love and marry every one of these ponies, but I’m faithful to one, and always will be. I seriously hate myself though…Rainbow must have really loved me… To be so intent on trying to be with me, It….Makes me feel worse thinking about how much I must have hurt her… But god dammit! I can’t! I hate seeing these ponies sad!


“FUCK!” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I didn’t know if anypony as nearby to hear me. I was infuriatingly frustrated right now. I was, pissed! I wanted to strangle something! Why can’t I be unfaithful for just rainbow dash!? ONE pony, If I wasn’t so god damned good! God DAMNIT!
I sat hard on the ground. I ended up scooting against one of the picket fences lining the orchard.
It wasn’t late… But… *Sigh* I just need to think…

------Rainbow dash (6:19 PM) ------
I don’t know how long I’ve been staring at this road… I just… Can’t stop. I was an idiot… I shouldn’t have done that. Now he knows I still have feelings for him and he can’t accept them… He’s too good to try and take more than one pony. He doesn’t want to hurt our feelings… But he doesn’t want to have to choose either… I shouldn’t have done that! I’m so stupid! Why can’t I just like him as a friend! Why do I keep trying to get his attention!


“Why…” I began flapping my wings making a slow ascent as I headed home… There’s no way he would ever accept me back as a friend after this. How could he? Now he knows I still care for him, and the only way he could love me like that is if I had no friends and something happened to moon mist. That would never happen… I love my friends too much to give them up like this. Not over a boy… Jeez, maybe I should be a lesbian; mares are so much easier to understand!

------Eclipse (6: 10 AM) ------
“Mah stars! Eclipse! Are ya`lright!?” I was being shaken violently by applejack, it took a moment for my eyes to adjust but once I did see her I smiled.

“I guess I fell asleep… Sorry.” She smiled and shook her head before hugging me.

“You’re an idiot.” Wha!? APPLEJACK! COME ON!

“Yea, I’ve been getting that a lot. I came out here to talk to you.” She broke the hug so I could stand and stretch.

“Talk ta me about what?” I wonder if she would be angry if I started using my accent… Most likely. I didn’t have one, though I can do a mean Scottish.

“About you and bulls eye.” I sat back down and her happy face turned south.

“Ah don’t wanna talk about it.” I pulled her into a hug and positioned her so she couldn’t kick her way out. Unfortunately she lost her hat and her ears kept hitting me in the face.

“No Eclipse! Ah don’t wanna talk ta her!” I waited till she stopped squirming. Which by the time she was she was panting.

“Applejack. Seriously. Calm down, think about this rationally. Why do you not like Be?” She was quiet a few moments.

“Because she endangered herself and mah friends in ah stupid plan ta attack wood animals!” I rested my head on hers.

“That’s it? You're mad because Be took the initiative to attack the creatures who were moving too close to town?” She sat in silence a moment before nodding.

“So you would rather she endanger everypony else’s life and the lives of every citizen in Ponyville by NOT scouting? You realize this town only has two scouts under its name right now right?” Again she nodded.

“So would you rather Bulls eye go out there and protect people, along with myself, or would you rather she stands back, and watches as the rest of the town is in danger.” We sat like this for… I don’t even know how long before applejack started crying. Applejack… Crying. Now I felt like shit.

“Ah just don’t want ta lose yall… Ah may seem like the strong one but yall bein stupid hurts me just as much. I can’t stand by and let mah friends get hurt. Not like that.” I smiled and turned her around for a proper hug.

“Applejack, if there is one thing I know, it’s that you’re not gonna lose us, you know what I did to get so injured?” she butted her head against my chest.

“No ya dumb foal. An I don’t care ta see ya repeat it.” I just laughed.

“Sixteen full grown timber wolves.” She stopped a moment and looked at me. I just smiled and nodded.

“Told you, what she did was the right choice, I don’t want you mad at Bulls eye because she has the scout senses, she was a scout since early in her child hood, and she sees things that the rest of us cant. And from this day forward, I’m going to be leading scouting parties with her. Even if you do decide to hate us. But having you love us would make life that much sweeter.” She gave me a sappy smile and jumped off of my lap.

“Fine. But if yall don’t come back after every one of yall`s little adventures, ahm gonna hunt ya down.” I just smiled as she picked her hat up and wiped her face.

“now git, ah got work ta do. Tell Be ah would like ta talk ta her.” And with that she jumped the fence and headed into the orchard… I really like her mane…

I stood and brushed myself off. “Okay, Rarity still needs a proper visit, I yelled at rainbow, I need to visit fluttershy, Twilight’s gonna teach me magic today, although playing with her horn was a lot of fun. Applejack is no longer super pissed though I doubt she understands… Okay. So far so good, two more friendships to sabotage and I’ve collected the full set!” I sighed and started walking back to town.
Within a few minutes time I was at the edge of the orchard. I could see fluttershy back up on her hill. She was facing the forest this time so I took the opportunity to sneak up on her once I was close enough I sat on the carpet behind her.

“Morning.” She brayed like a goat and fell over. I started laughing and scooted her onto my lap. After a few minutes of me petting her she finally loosened up and laughed.

“That wasn’t very nice. You know I’m easily frightened.” I smiled and nodded.

“That’s why I didn’t pick you up; I can only imagine how long you would have needed.” She smiled and scooted further into my lap. She loved affection, but she would never seek it out unless it was given.

“Fluttershy, You’re not meaning this in an ‘I want a relationship’ kind of way are you?” She shook her head, which was interesting considering it was tucked in my arm.

“No…I just like being touched…Um...That is, if you don’t mind.” I laughed.

“Mind? Nope. I enjoy touching. I just wanted to make sure It wasn’t anything more then you enjoying getting pet.” She had a funny little smile on her face as she fell asleep. It was so adorable. Damn fluttershy and her off the scale cute levels… Heh… Her cute is over 9000! God I’m a dork!

----Light (8:32 AM) ----
Off to school again… Dad didn’t come home yesterday. That made me pretty angry. But I guess I did fall asleep. I can’t believe I fell asleep! I was really tired though… *Sigh* Where is dad? Maybe fluttershy knows? She always has a picnic right around here…
I ran up the little hill near our house. Yup there she is. Getting pet by dad! I ran over to them dad saw me and smiled as I rushed over.

“What’s up squirt?” I looked at him then at the way fluttershy was laying. Her flank was resting on his legs and her legs were tucked against his chest. Her head was on his shoulder and she looked to be asleep.

“What happened to fluttershy?” He laughed.

“Ah, I scared her, then I calmed her down with petting, then she fell asleep. Now I don’t want to wake her.” I just nodded. Fluttershy does that.

“Want me to get mist so you have somepony to talk too?” He seemed to think about that for a minute.

“Yea, ya know what, if you could do that and ask her to bring me something to eat, that would be fantastic.” I nodded and smiled before running back to the house. I normally arrived at school a good twenty minutes early anyway, I had time to spare.
I got up the stairs and into Mist and dads room Moon mist was still asleep so I jumped on the bed and started pushing her.

“Mistttyyyy.” I learned from the best!
After a few more shakes she woke up. Really fast.

“What happened? Something happened? Oh goddess he’s dead isn’t he!” Wow…

“Misty, he’s fine. He wanted me to tell you he’s at fluttershys picnic spot. He asked if you could bring him something to eat, Fluttershy fell asleep on him….” She just nodded a moment.

“Yea, she does that.” We both took a moment.

PreviousChapters Next