• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,743 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,743

PreviousChapters Next
(62) Our life: Panic

-----Light (12:17) -------
I had been following sweetie belle for a while. We were both getting really bored, so I told her she can go back to the club house. She ended up going herself; I wanted to walk around some more. And the cool part is was that after walking for a few more minutes, I found Bulls-eye! She was always funny! I ran to catch up with her; it looked like she was heading home!

“Hey bulls eye!” She looked at me without breaking stride. A quick smile and she turned back to her path.

“heyo kiddo. What are you doing talkin to me? Your friends leave again?” I laughed; she was a pretty small pony so I was almost as big as her. It was cool.

“Nah, I sorta abandoned them to be honest.” She laughed as she walked.

“Why, you wanted to come hang out with me? I’m sure your dads said I’m a bad influence.” I smiled.

“Nope. He’s never said you’re a bad influence. He said you’re a great friend a few times. That’s about it though.” We were almost to the house now. Bull’s eye stopped in front of the door.

“All right kiddo, well truth be told, I am a very bad influence. I didn’t get this bow and arrow on my flank from being good. So I don’t want you following me okay?” Now she’s just confusing me. I nodded anyway, and she started walking around to the back of the house. Where is she going?

------Bulls eye (12:25) -------
Lights a real cute kid. Even if he wasn’t always a kid. Still, I don’t think he should be around me, I am a bad influence. Always making bad jokes, trying to score, trying to find action… I am not a good pony.
I walked behind the house heading to the woods. A few minutes’ walk and I was under rainbow dash`s house. I tried to pick her up a few times, but she is way too hard up for eclipse. Plus she’s straight. Makes it difficult. Not impossible… Just difficult. A few more feet and I came upon a familiar tree. I had spent my first few days hollowing it out, it held my bow, and a few dozen arrows, as well as my ranger armor.
I strapped the leather pieces to my body, followed by the metal plates. Being a scout, you need to be quick. And light. Being a ranger, the metal was optional. I placed my quiver onto the small hook off my left side and drew my bow from the tree. Testing it I found it was still in good condition, may need a new string soon… But my magic can reinforce it for now. I hung it off the right hook; magically sealing it into place I began my trek into the forest. If eclipse ever found out that I did this… I don’t know how he would react.

------Light (12:29) ------
I had followed her. I knew it was stupid but she was really distracted, so I wasn’t caught. I made it all the way till she started drawing some weird plates from a tree. She attached them to her body and then took out some arrows and a bow! I was silently panicking at this point, but I lost it when she started heading into the everfree. I ran back to town as fast as I could there are only so many places dad can be!

------Eclipse (12:35) -----

“And that’s why humans are horrible sadistic creatures.” I had just finished explaining porn… of all the things I had expected them to ask. That was not one of them.

“Honestly dear it does not sound that bad. All things considered we have something similar to that, just not quite as…available as yours was.” Oh great pony porn! Dash looked as surprised as I did disturbed.

“Rarity?! You don’t really do you?” rarity laughed.

“Of course not dear, I just happen to have a few catalogues of…Equipment, for stimulation. It’s nothing too big until the last pages…” She droned out and stared into space a huge grin and blush breaking across her face. Mist and I looked a moment and both said,

“That’s sorta disturbing.” We all laughed as rarity shook her head.

“Well! Anyway, I do believe it is time to get out of here; I had begun pruning minutes ago! So much steam!” We just laughed and stood Mist jumped off my lap allowing me to stand myself and stretch.

“Yea, we have been in here, what an hour? Two?” I asked as fluttershy started dangling off my shoulders. I caught her and lifter her back up causing her to giggle.

“I’m sorry… I can’t feel my legs…” I just smiled as we all walked into the hallway. A few minutes later I put fluttershy down. She stretched and walked over to mist before rubbing necks together in a sort of pony hug.

“He’s a good pony. Don’t let him go.” Mist just smiled, I rolled my eyes. Thankfully I had brought my combination set of cloths for the wash. So I had a full suit when I got out. I shot mist a look and she just blushed.

“DAD!” I turned to find light running at me as I slipped on my coat, I ducked down and picked him up. He weighed a ton more then he should.

“What’s up?” The way he yelled my name was a little unsettling.

“Bulls eye! S-S-She went into the everfree!” Oh god… Is that all?

“Okay. Okay, calm down kiddo, I know you don’t know this, but Bulls eye is something called a scout. Or, was a scout. It means she’s trained to be all sorts of careful and never get hurt. All right? You don’t need to worry about it, unless she brought her armor, then she would be planning something.” I just smiled and set him down.
“But dad! She DID have her armor! And she had a bow too!” Now my heart skipped a beat. Going into the woods is one thing, but going in armored meant she was planning to fight.

“Mist, Take care of Light. I’m going after Bulls eye. DO NOT; let him out of your sight.” She nodded and hugged light to her chest. I was scaring them; I didn’t have time to be gentle. I concentrated a moment before a filter appeared over my left eye. I focused on Be and waited as it glowed a moment before showing her to me. She wasn’t fighting but she was walking. I focused again and a glowing path appeared on the floor, I couldn’t see Be anymore but now I could find her. I started running.

-----Bulls eye (1: 04) -----
Jeez...The brush out here is stupid thick. I’ve been getting snagged on everything; Manehattan brush is not bad at all in comparison. It’s like… Wow! Every quarter inch is another bramble! Stupid.

“I swear… If I get ambushed by a manticore…” The noise I was making was horrible! I was a scout! Trained to be quiet and strike only when available! Not make enough noise to wake the dead! Oh...There’s a scary thought. Undead ponies. I don’t have enough time to craft a wooden sword so that’s out of the question.
I stumbled through the last of the brush into an opening, really it was just more trees but it was an opening. Unfortunately a large group of timber wolves were sleeping here. I stood still until the rustling stopped. I tried to move slowly out of the bushes but one of them heard me and its ears peaked up. I drew my bow and an arrow taking aim at the creatures head I drew it back. Eventually its ears lay back down but I kept the bow drawn. I was stuck…

------Eclipse (1:14) ------
The amount of trees and bushes here are STUPID I mean it’s a freaking forest fine, But what the fuck! My coat was shredded because I didn’t bother to get it unstuck I had been trying to find some offensive use for my magic spark, and I did find one when my hand lit on fire, It didn’t burn but I had been practicing igniting and extinguishing. It’s amazing what you think of when you’re hunting down a friend.

I busted through the last of the brush with a crash, and an angry be looked at me. She smiled, but then pointed to a large pack of timber wolves waking up all around the area.

“Be?” She looked at me and nodded as she scooted closer.
“I want you to run.” She gave me an “Are you a fucking idiot?!” Look I just smiled at her.

“Run be, or ill burn you too.” It was a lie. But I ignited my hand anyway. She looked at my hand then at me.

“I’m sorry eclipse…” I laughed as the pack started to growl and walk toward me

“No worries, ill punish you later.” With that she turned and ran. One of the wolves tried jumping past me into the brush. I brought my hand down hard on its back sending a pulse into it. It burst into flame from within.
“That’s a hell of a way to die.” I observed as I watched it squirm. Its open mouth was the only evidence of the flame inside. I turned back to the other wolves. Only fifteen or so… They were waiting.

“Ready whenever you are girls.”

PreviousChapters Next