• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,742 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,742

PreviousChapters Next
(36) Life: Experience?

------------Eclipse---------

I woke next to vinyl; she was poking me in the face. This is the master bedroom isn’t it? Okay…Wait…Hmmmmmm

“Stop thinking so hard! You’re making stupid faces!” ARGH

“It’s difficult to think with you poking me.” I said while pulling her into a hug. She just laughed. After a few minutes of us just sitting there hugging she was the first to speak.

“I should have just told you huh...” I laughed as she pulled away and sat up. I did the same so I could speak to her face to face.

“No, to be honest if I knew what to expect it may have gone a lot worse… I… Wasn’t sure how to react when I saw him… It’s definitely light though. At the end though it started to sound like…I don’t know. Less than light. I’ve been thinking about it he sounded younger. I know it makes no sense but… *Sigh*” I started rubbing my face Vinyl just laid a hoof on my shoulder.

“He is getting younger.” Oh seriously? Well problem solved...Don’t…Don’t…

“Why?” FUCK! She sighed.

“It’s gonna be a long story. Let’s get you some coffee and maybe food. I don’t know if you have but your body was literally running off of spark-juice the entire time that Light had it.” I knew it! That’s why I was so tired. I shouldn’t be so sad about being able to use my powers again…But I am…

“I hate to say this…But I think I actually miss him. Being in me I mean...He gave me a reason to try and be human. I guess... I like my powers and all. But…” I just sighed. I couldn’t explain it. This feeling of frustration just grew inside me. Every little kids dream is to have super-powers. So why is it that when I’m given them, I don’t want them?
Vinyl just leaned against me.

“Your spark may not even function that well anymore.” What? Seriously? Shit, awesome. Wait. FUCK ARGHHH MIXED FEELINGS!

“Let’s just go over the general’s okay? I’ll give the details tomorrow.” I nodded. What else could I do? I’m now housing a ponified version of a life support system from my chest. How much weirder could things get?

“First things first, and I need you to understand, no matter what happens here I don’t want you mad at Light.” Oh great, what did he kill.

“So he DID do something horrible.” She…Kinda nodded.

“It’s complicated. He may have broken big macs jaw.” ….

“I’m going back to bed shut the door on your way out please.” She laughed and started shaking me

“Noooo geddup. There’s so much to talk about! Plus in the right light it can ALMOST be viewed as unintentional.” Great, so Light, while in control of my body, Broke big macs jaw, on purpose.

“Fuckkkkkkk.” I sat up. “Just… Start from square one… What happened after I went and met Cthulu and pals?”

“The what?”

“Never mind, just. The beginning please.” She got comfortable as I saw brew enter the room holding a few cups in her magic she immediately gave one to both of us and hopped up on the bed.

“You tell him about big mac?” Vinyl nodded. Brew looked at me.

“You have neither exited the room to punch him back, or went to apologize. So…I’m going to say your handling it much better than I thought.” Why does everyone think I wish ill on light? I mean, aside from the occasional ‘I wish ill on light’ moments.

“She was about to tell me what happened, you staying for story time?” Brew looked at me, then back to vinyl.

“Nah, you two are most likely going to do something horrible, Ill lock the door on my way out.” I have NEVER seen vinyl blush. It was hot.

“Thanks brew, I will treasure this memory forever.” She left and I heard a click. She wasn’t joking, she locked us in. what a little punk.

“Okay, anyway let’s just…Start.” I nodded.

------Light, Four hours after possession.----------
I had been playing with the cutie mark crusaders all day; they were a lot like me! Only not as smart they kept wanting to do dangerous things. I told Eclipse I wouldn’t do anything he wouldn’t, so I went anyway!

The first fun thing we did was hunt for a thing called a cutie mark. I didn’t know if I could get one or not, but it was still cool. These little fillies were a lot of fun to be with. I don’t know why! Just being around them made me…the opposite of sad and mad…Shit… Eclipse likes to do things that make people…Urr… Seriously remembering the names of emotions is harder than eclipses paperwork at this point! It was…umm. Happy. That’s it! Happy, Them being around made me happy! Like I belonged. Which was really cool! Although, I think they are rubbing off on me. Whenever I’m around them I can’t keep my feelings in check. That wouldn’t be a problem. But it makes it so I talk like a little kid…

-----------Light, eight hours after possession-------------
I’m back at twilight's. Nothing interesting, she reads a lot of books. They aren’t that fascinating. I tried reading one of eclipses favorites. A book called “The Elements of Harmony: A reference guide” It was so bland. No action, nothing. Just talking about some stones. Twilight seemed a little uncomfortable when I asked if she knew who the current possessor’s were. I think she knows, but she’s hiding it. That’s okay. I was just here waiting for Vinyl. She said she would pick me up after she finished talking to the mayor. I’m getting restless however. And now that those adorable children aren’t here I’m able to remain myself.
I’m…Not sure why they have that effect.

-----------Light, Twelve hours after possession----------
I’ve felt my mind becoming. Muddled. Confused. No longer having constant information to extract from eclipse has made things…Difficult to remember. His mind is still there, still active, it’s just…Quiet. And if I interrupt that silence he may come back. I don’t want that. The balcony of the master bedroom is a lot of fun to watch the sunset from. Today was a good day, I got to play with a few children who, I really must avoid. I learned about cutie marks and have had a strange song about being alive because science needs to be done floating through my head. Most likely one of Eclipses. I think I will wander the ever free tonight. Vinyl says it’s dangerous. I laughed. Eclipses body is stronger than anything out there. And he doesn’t even know he can use magic. If he took the time to learn he wouldn’t be so sad. This spark of his is a one way ticket to immense power. But he’s a fool. He simply wants to live. And he never made me promise NOT to enter the ever free. Perhaps I can find some of my family? Hah. They are just trees.

----------Light, 18 hours after possession.-------------
I have yet to be attacked; the black of the forest makes this a great opportunity to play with eclipses eye sight. I’ve now created over eighteen different filters that can be applied with a thought. Each with a different effect. Truly Eclipse knows nothing of what he has. I had come across a castle in the center of the forest. I knew what it was from the few pictures I saw in the reference guide. I had it explored in ten minutes flat. And it certainly did not matter there was nothing in there. Aside from an unusual blue flower. I quite liked it, so I thought perhaps I could take it for vinyl.

---------------------Light, 26 hours after possession.---------------
I believe the flower may have been poisoned. It is beginning to affect me. Everything I see is…Wrong, distorted like it’s all judging me for what I’ve done. I feel really bad right now, I also feel anger; I had only really felt a small amount before. When I first started talking to eclipse. But this anger is…Unnatural, I want to strike out and hit things for no reason. Is this how Eclipse felt?

-------------Light, 38 hours after possession.--------------

I hurt big mac. It wasn’t on purpose, I mean, He came out of nowhere and started to talk, I was still really angry, so I hit him, his face is a funny color and there’s blood everywhere, there’s blood in my eyes, or maybe my eyes are bleeding…I don’t know. I carried big mac to the hospital… The people here are scaring me; it’s making me mad….

-----------------Light, 39 hours after possession.--------------
Vinyl came. She’s saying it was an accident. I told her it was, It was, kind of an accident I had to tell her everything that happened last night and she said I came across something called “Poison joke” I guess everything has a different effect on humans. What to them would have been a quick prank and a bubble bath turned into an “emotional amplifier” according to twilight.

----------Light, 45 hours after possession--------
They let me go, I have taken one of the bubble baths and I feel more in control. Emotions are scary things; I understand why Eclipse wants me to have them. They are difficult to understand, and more difficult to keep hidden the way he does. The cutie mark crusaders wanted to play some more, I said absolutely. Bring on the brain drain.

-----------Light, 62 hours after possession----------
I had played with the crusaders all day; it was a lot of fun! We ended up visiting miss pinkie and baking some cupcakes! Fingers are really useful! And now Miss Luna has come to visit! She’s talking to vinyl about something called Conjoining. And how to break it. Looks like vinyl is really interested! I wonder what it is.

-------Light, 69 hours after possession------------------
I have my mind back in my possession. Those damn girls are like…Emotional vacuums. Trying to retain any form of intelligence around them is impossible I just lose myself. I feel I should avoid them, but I’m only happy when near them. Apple bloom was really mad when I told her what happened to big mac, but she was happy he was okay and that is “All that matters” I can’t bring myself to do anything but look at those three and smile. I almost feel…Normal around them. Luna came to me after I regained my mind. We discussed something she referred to as a “Transplant” Into a magic-form body. Dumbed down so even Eclipse could understand, She is going to remove me from him place me in a magical bubble that will then select and build a physical form based off of my personality. She said it will most likely read my mind and realize that I’m younger then I look. But for the first few days I will continue being nineteen year old eclipse. Just as a pony. I’m actually sort of….Excited. It will be interesting to remain human. I really like the idea.

-----------------Light, 72 hours after possession.-----------

The girls came to visit me! It’s been a lot of fun! They said they really like hanging around with me and that I’m a really cool friend! It was nice. Vinyl is worried because I haven’t eaten anything; it’s okay though the spark gives me what I need. She sure is pretty. I know why Eclipse likes her.

Luna took me back inside where I got to meet all of eclipses friends again, twilights my favorite. She’s always really sweet and asks really fun questions! They said I should go to sleep, but not in a bed. They said it may scare eclipse. So I decided to sleep leaning on the writing desk, I don’t know why they thought a bed would scare him! I mean jeez! It’s just a bed. I’m getting that itchy feeling I get when I forget something… I’m kinda scared.

---------------- Light, 80 hours after possession-------------
I don’t know what’s happened. I fell asleep on the desk I think. My mind feels like its tearing itself apart.
I can’t feel my…Eclipses fingers; I hope I didn’t hurt him. All I can see is white. I remember Luna telling me to remain calm… I’m trying. But…I’m scared.

-----------------------Light, Final hours------------------
I’m awake. I’m in eclipses bed. I can’t feel my back legs. Back legs…That’s gonna take some getting used too. I’m used to not having to eat either. Vinyl was nice and explained ponies like me have to eat to keep up their strength. She also explained how I may have taken most of the physical aspect of eclipses spark.
So I guess I’m super human now? Or is it super pony? She said that Luna made sure that Eclipse had the “Magical” part of the spark. I guess he would be the one to need it. I’m a pony now, she re-explained everything to me. It seems like in a few days’ time I will begin a process of reverse aging. After about a week my body will finish “Cooking” As vinyl called it. And I will be free as a bird. Bird? Mm nope. Not a Pegasus. No horn either. Darn. This whole thing is actually. Nice. Maybe Eclipse and I can become friends? I hope he lets me stay…Oh Celestia, When he hears I hit big mac I’m gonna die! I just got born! Oh MAN! This SUCKS

---------------------Eclipse--------------------------
I waited until she finished talking. I wanted to squeeze her in a lot of different ways. But now is really not the time.


“So…Wait… he’s been given a magical body that will stabilize in a week, I was woken early. He has a part of my spark, the physical part, whatever the hell that means that’s the ONLY part. He seemed to have mental breakdowns whenever he was near the CMC`s and for whatever reason he decided it would be cool to trek through the ever free, Pluck some poison joke and break big macs jaw in an emotional frenzy of “Oh god oh god I’m so sorry”?” She laughed.

“That about sums it up. You missed a few points but generally yea.” I groaned as I stood. I felt old.

“Okay…okay... Let’s go get some apologies out of the way. Could you do me a favor though Vinyl?” She looked at me expectantly.

“Could you invite the cutie mark crusaders to the house tomorrow, I want them around him as much as possible. For now though, go to bed. I know I napped but you look exhausted.” She did too; she had obviously been up all night watching over me. She laughed and laid down

. “Yea…I can do that. Big mac is still in the hospital. Room…I think eighteen. Visiting hours are over though.” OF COURSE.

“Why is he still in the hospital for a broken jaw…?” she smiled.

“Because he can’t eat.” Oh… right. Fine, so wait. What? Applesauce, Liquids! Wait…I suppose ponies.

“Whatever.” I laid facing vinyl we just smiled at each other until she started falling asleep; I pulled her in close and just held her. I don’t care what my world has to say. If I can’t love a pony like her? Then maybe love isn’t worth knowing.

PreviousChapters Next