• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,742 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
62
 791
 13,742

PreviousChapters Next
(24) Life: Me

I woke to the sounds of construction and a face full of white mane. Which I immediately tried spitting out while attempting not to move. So I ended up doing raspberry’s at the air until Be started giggling. And moved her mane out of my face she also got off my chest and started to stretch. I sat up and pulled a rather long hair out of my mouth. Ew.

“Were you force feeding me your fuzz?” I stared at it. Of course her one Blue stripe would be the piece that gets in my mouth. Out of all the white, the lil bit of blue. *Sigh*

“Not yet, we can try that later if you would like.” Wait…Was she hitting on me or was that a joke…Seriously mixed signals! Argh! I started rubbing my face again. Whyyyyy.

Then a gruff voice from behind us sounded out.

“Oi! You two love burds! Either get yer asse`s out the way or help!” They have Brooklyn ponies here? WOW. Be and I took the insult with a grain of salt, Stood and started walking back to the Inn. The entire way there I had a small amount of Be’s mane in my hand. Just playing with it. It was just, soft. Nice to the touch. Who am I kidding; everything about these ponies was soft and “Nice to the touch.” Even their hooves were amazing. Hmm... That was a strangely creepy thought.

“That’s new?” huh?

“Be you say something?” She just shook her head.

“Weird.”


When we made it back to the Inn the barkeep waved, a blue stallion, not that it mattered, we waved back and headed upstairs to Be`s room. When we opened the door both Be and I were assaulted. Dragged into the room and a very jumpy Thorn was trying to keep the door closed.
“Uh…. Right, what?” was all I managed to get out as Thorn looked at me. She started to say something but stopped. Then she lipped “Pinkie pie” at me.

“So...?” Oh wait…Thorn doesn’t like parties, and I had told her about pinkie… “Oh…Right. No worries, you’re not invited.”
Be socked me in the arm as I said that But Thorn just sighed.

“Oh thank goodness. I love to talk to friends and stuff but in big groups I just get all…Ugh…” I know that feeling.

“Well Thorn, Good news! Eclipse here volunteered his body to us!” Wait what?!

“I did no such thing Be! Don’t bring your fantasies into play!”

“What!? You so said that you would love us forever! So let’s get started!” Oh god.

“Be, your joking right?” She laughed.

“Duh. Though, Thorn he was nice enough to offer us a permanent residence in his house. Should be done… I don’t know at the rate they were going basic construction three days, finish one, and if its furnished about six days tops till we move in.”
Wow… wait...

“Six days till all of that is done?” She nodded. Equestrians build quick….

“Oh, thank you Eclipse! I was worried when we got out here that I wouldn’t be able to see you… After you were so kind to me I just… Oh…” Why is Thorn so damn cute? It’s nice that she’s growing out her mane though.

“Hey Be?”

“Yes Eclipse?”

“I challenge you to a duel, whoever wins gets to hug Thorn first.”

“You’re on.”

We immediately set up on the table. Hoof wrestles mo facka. It ended up being freaking close. By the time it finished we had been in a stalemate almost four minutes at full muscle power. But I won. “YES!” I immediately picked up thorn and hugged the crap out of her. I could swear she *squee*d but it didn’t matter. I walked over and picked up Be (Who is pretty small for a pony.) into my other arm and we had a big three-way hug. It was tons a love and tons a fun. But eventually we settled down and just started talking. I was the first to bring up Brew though
“So, I’m glad you guys are here and all, But…Where’s Brew?” I could see thorns eyes shifting to the floor.
“She is on her way…Eventually.” Eventually?
“What she means Eclipse, is that she’s helping Celestia with those Teleport pad thingies. I still don’t know the idea behind those. But whatever, Brews a lot smarter than us when it comes to magic, so she offered to assist Celestia. Speaking of which.” Be got up and walked to a few saddle bags next to the bed. Were those always there? She floated random things out till she came to a scroll which she set in front of me.
“Your letter from brew, she made me promise to get it to you and not to read it. And scouts keep their promises!” I laughed as she put everything back. I picked up the scroll and unwound it.

“Eclipse”

If you are reading this then the two love birds finally stopped being themselves long

Enough for you to get this letter, by my calculations that is about eight hours from Canterlot

To Ponyville. As such, I am going to assume you will not get this letter until Sunday at the

Earliest. This letter is to inform you of certain issues with the teleport pad, mostly meaning

It is almost done and should be at the scholar’s house. It was sent with instructions that only

You access it. And I must implore that these instructions are followed. Do NOT allow any

Other pony or creature (Namely bulls-eye) to touch the pad, until we have it configured.

See you soon, and I apologize for getting plastered.

Your friend,

“Brew”

“Wow, that’s precious, I guess I’m heading to twilights.” Wait...Twilight… Why? Oh shit!

“Twis present is at the mayors! Oh no! Sad face!” Be looked at me like I was stupid while thorn just cocked her head, closed her eyes, and smiled. DAWWWW

“Stop that. It’s too cute. Gonna give me diabeetuus.”

They laughed, I knew they didn’t get the joke, but it is still a fun word.
After a short explanation and a goodbye I was on my way to the mayor’s office, Didn’t take too long and when I got there the mayor was holding a very nice wooden box on her desk It folded upwards and inside were Seven of the brightest phoenix feathers I had ever seen, Her too apparently.

“Are…These mine?” Well shit,

“Ah... Uh no sorry. They are for Twilight Sparkles birthday.” She nodded.

“They are very nice. Must have been expensive, it’s said that phoenix feathers never break. I’m sure that this Monday Twilight will be very happy.” Monday, she may already be in Canterlot.

“Did rainbow dash inform you of a break she’s taking?” The Mayor just nodded as she closed the box of quills, I kinda wanted to keep the box…

“Yes, she is off today and tomorrow for a trip to Canterlot, as are a few other ponies, I believe rarity has been there a few days already. They should be all back tomorrow however.” Sweet.

“Do you have a key to twilights Library?”


Mission impossible doesn’t work when you have a key…I opened the door and stepped into the dark, I flipped on the switch near the wall causing the lights to flicker on and twis Library to look spotless, no spike no ponies, Just me, and a box. I went to twilight’s regular writing desk and found a small scroll labeled “Eclipse” and a box with the note “Do not open.” They aren’t very good when it comes to human curiosity are they? Should put a “Please open I’m full of puppies and bunnies” Then I wouldn’t care. I placed the large quill box on the pedestal taking the letter and box in my hands I quickly turned off the lights, closed and relocked the door and headed to my hill.
Looking at the box under the note it was covered in runic symbols. It had seems all over it but didn’t seem to open no matter how hard I tried. Damn. I unfolded the letter and started reading aloud.

“Dear eclipse, this is your princess speaking. Ahaha, oh god? I’m sorry I can’t do that over a letter. Its Celestia dear, I know you cannot hear me but I am wishing you well. How is life in Ponyville? Should I come visit? You are my favorite human after all. Anyway, I’m sure your more interested in the box I sent you, and knowing you, you already tried forcing it open.” … Heh. “However, as I’m sure you have gathered that did not work. No; for it to work hold it in your hand and say ‘Canterlot Castle’ Then place the box on the ground, when it finishes building feel free to use it, if you wish to move it, touch the symbol that looks like an English R and say ‘Seal’ then you may move it after it finishes resealing. However, and I cannot stress this enough. Be careful, this is still highly experimental. We do not know if anything will happen, but better safe than sorry. Hugs and kisses, Celestia.” Hugs and kisses? Huh. Alright.

“Interesting.” Hmm? I looked around, no one was near me. The sun was setting and my house (Surprisingly) looked about half way done, Tomorrow they could easily finish and start painting it.
It was amazing the progress this house was getting. Maybe I shouldn’t test the cube till then. I placed it in my pocket since it was only as big as my palm it fit rather well; I rerolled my scroll and lay back on the grass. Day after tomorrow Twi comes home and gets awesome gifts, Day after that my house will be done but unfurnished if I’m right, and then I can poke the cube till I find out what it does. I shut my eye intent on sleep
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ It was black, very black. The only light came from further ahead, they say when you die you’re not supposed to walk to the light. But they don’t realize how compelling it is do they?
As I got close I realized it wasn’t a light, it was a tree, a HUGE freaking tree. This thing rivaled the redwoods from earth, minus the fact it was thick as hell. I saw a person sitting on one of the many roots.
“Hello?” I called, I didn’t speak, there was no sound, but it heard me. It jumped off the tree and walked to me. “Well hello… Eclipse correct? Pleasure to meet you. You may call me…Light…” Light? Why can’t I focus on this thing…?
“I’m sorry, but where am I?” He laughed, again no sound, but I could hear… It was just in my head.
“You my dear boy are in my home; I’ve waited a long time to speak with you. Others of my species are not fortunate enough to be given a rare specimen as you to feed from. You are delicious, but I find myself never wanting this meal to end. As such I will continue to push your time.” Push my time?
“I still don’t get it…” Again that hollow laugh resounded.
“I am the tree in your chest. I am the branches of your soul. And from this day fourth. Your permanent companion, if you have need of my advice, opinions or wisdom, you need only speak my name in your native tongue. I expect a long and…Delicious relationship for us. However, I ask you stop referring to me as Leechwood. It is a bit…Rude.” What?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I woke with a start, my chest was pounding and I had a cold sweat. Another nightmare? This one wasn’t a night mare… It was too real. I suppose there is one way to find if it’s real or not.

“Light?” I called in English. I waited. One minute…Five... Nothing. I sighed and laid my head on the grass. I opened my eyes and saw me. Only it wasn’t me, His face was covered in the same silver root on my chest. The flesh had darkened to almost pitch-black, the only thing that was the same were the eyes.

“I must admit I did not expect you to call me so soon. You have need?” I just stared, I couldn’t move.

“Stay calm human, you’re slipping…” slipping? That’s me...but not me why is that me? What? But how?


“Idiot.” Was the last thing I heard before passing out again.

PreviousChapters Next