• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 2,308 Views, 57 Comments

The Amethyst Rose - cealdra



two mares in a fillyfoolerbar driven there by need and destiny

  • ...
2
 57
 2,308

1) Meeting at 'the Rose'

She couldn't believe it, they were supposed to be her best friends. They were supposed to support her, and perhaps aid her in finding a mate. Well the last would probably be stretching it a bit. But this is not how she envisioned the night to go.

All had been in place, first the trip to Canterlot. All of it had been settled pretty easily. They had chosen to stay at a rather cheap youth hostel sharing a single dorm with the five of them. And after a few drinks in their room she would simply make the suggestion to go to this bar. Not just any bar, but a mare-only one. A rather well known one at that as well. She would have used it to come out to her other friends as well since Golden had known for years after overhearing her talking with her sisters. But instead of a happy ending to her coming out, the other three had reacted appalled and plainly kicked her out of the room. Not wanting to share it with a 'filthy fillyfooler'. Although she had to admit Brazen Force had voiced her mind the loudest.

Golden Harvest, good old Golden her oldest friend, had raced after her telling her that she would make sure her belongings would make it back to her house and that she would always be there like a true friend should have. Even going as far as complimenting the poor palish yellow pony for her bravery in confiding in them like that.

But here she was, almost a full hour later, at the place she had wanted to go to ever since she heard of it. But without her 'friends' it seemed to have lost a lot of its charm. But still it was supposed to be opened in the weekends until the time of the first train back to Ponyville. She might as well take a drink and wait out the time until she could return home. A single teardrop formed and fell, but she quickly shook her head trying to fight the somber mood as she entered.

For a exterior what looked a bit shabby, albeit what do you want when the bar is set in one of Canterlots less wealthy regions, its interior was simply amazing. The lobby had a large painting of a lavender rose, a legendary flower cultivated by mixing the stems of a light blue and light red rose. The tricky part was that no pollination may occur until the fusing had been completed. A feat deemed impossible, only a hooffull of botanists had managed to create one. She had chuckled a bit at the reminder of both the bar as the flowers name and the implications of it; the Amethyst Rose, a flower that needs no male to reproduce. The perfect name for a place where only mares could come and where many with a 'special preference' came to seek a mate. Whether that mate was for just the night or for a lot longer.

A bit of a sigh escaped her as she walked into the main bar-area. She could have been there with her friends, laughing and joking as they had done so many times before. She shook her head once more, refusing to burst into tears again. After all not all of them had abandoned her right? She still had her oldest friend, and she didn't see the other three much anymore anyway. Not since they moved out of town, chasing their own dreams. With a single thought she forced away the bitterness and somber mood 'Come on Rosy, you are finally here. Haven’t you always dreamed of going to a place like this? Cheer up, have a cider or two and then return home. As they always say; Come morning, come better times. Or at least it sounded something like that.'

Her first mug had been served with no less then a wink from the mare behind the counter. It had surprised the Earth Pony to see such straight forward behavior. Back home she had to conceal almost every action. It had taken her years to prepare for breaking the news to her parents and sisters. But here mares were openly flirting with her. A new feeling started to emerge, contentedness. Perhaps the situation wasn’t as bad as it seemed. Maybe she could still enjoy herself tonight.

A cider or two, three later Roseluck had been clearly having a good time. Her head was softly bobbing up and down to the beat of the soft background music. Her eyes had been wandering all over the dancefloor. She had seen a few pretty or cute ones dance or walk by. But so far she had consumed way to less liquid courage to actually try and hook up a conversation. Let alone a attempt to flirting.
But fate had other plans in mind.

As Roseluck walked out the little fillies room (hey all that cider has to go some place right?) she passed a scene she personally just could not ignore. Two Unicorns were standing in front of an third, who was huddling against the wall looking extremely scared. The dimmed lighting obscured her vision a bit as the music drowned out the conversation. But she caught glimpses of it non the less.

“ten years we have tried......”

“.. ly for a bunch of hillbillies to sna....”

“... friends, you simply wanted the re....”

“.. crushed the heart of poor moon....”

“..ove. For her it is only the bragging rights and the connection to the pr....”

The last comment had been almost nothing but a whimper. But it seemed to enrage the two aggressors. Their comment grew even more venomous causing the Unicorn to completely shut down, covering her head with her front hooves in a feeble attempt to defend herself from the onslaught.

Looking around Roseluck could see several large rowdy stallions approaching. Security was arriving at last. And not a moment to soon, the two mares had stopped their verbal abuse only for the leading one to raise her hoof in a striking pose and slamming it down upon the cowering Unicorn.

The strike had never landed. Without even thinking Roseluck had stepped in the strikes path and took the full force of it. Although force, she had known Unicorns did not posses much physical might but that strike had been ridiculous. She hardly even felt the thing, it had been more like a playfull swat with a rolled up towel. A second strike never came, the two assailants had already been restrained when she looked.

Half looking at the still laying mare Roseluck extended a hoof and softly, well softly in a musicly polluted room, she cued “You can look now, they won't be bothering you again tonight. So how about getting up from that mucky floor?”
Reluctantly the other mare removed her hooves, giving the Earth Pony a glare tear filled purple eyes. She didn't know the full spectrum of what had happened, but something was really wrong here. Whatever had transpired had been severe enough to almost completely break the poor thing.

Hesitant but still accepting the outstretched hoof the Unicorn rose. Even going as far as attempting to smile at the mare helping her. But anypony worth something could see that it had been forced and a ill veiled attempt to hide her feelings. But still surprisingly enough a few unexpected words had came out. Half sobbing and with a occasional emotional choke, but still one had to give credit for the attempt. “thank you.” The rest of her sentence however had trailed off into being inaudible.

There was something familiar about this mare, Roseluck just could not put her hoof on it. But it felt as if she should know her. As the other mare walked away towards the exit with flattened ears and a low head something just blurred out her mouth. “You should really not go out right now, they might be still waiting out there.” A confused look was the only reply she got. Something just broke in her heart at the sight of the Unicorns waterfilled eyes. They were they eyes of somepony who had just seen part of their world collapse and was still struggling to contain her emotions. Scratching with her hoof at the back of her head she simply continued “Well lets just get you something to drink, that way you can calm down a bit. And who knows, perhaps the world will look a bit brighter once you can collect your thoughts again.”
A small nod was the only answer she got, but it was sufficient for her. She might not had a good day herself, but at least she could make sure that this mare would be able to go home without being a sobbing mess.

Without much discussion the both of them had made their way to one of the many barlike rooms situated in the Rose. Roseluck herself had done a bit of exploring before settling down in the main room. There had been a few private area's for about four to six, but those had to be reserved, aswell as several bars, a main dancing area and even a dark room. The latter being the most isolated and appeared to be the most serene and calm. But she had quickly decided against it, not wanting to give off the wrong impression. Thus they ended up at a small room with quaint lighting, a small bar and various tables.

It was in this lighting that she had seen the Unicorn properly for the first time. If she had not been walking behind the other mare at the time it could have been really awkward really fast as her mouth fell open in surprise. She had seen the similarities, as in the coloration of the mane and coat. But now out of the hallways dim light she could now see the mare for real. And she could not believe her own eyes as in front of her walked that cute new librarian which had moved to her village a few months ago. The very same librarian who had been the cause of her sisters finding out of her preferences.

*
It had happened not long after the Nightmare Moon incident. Roseluck had been working in the flowershop her sisters and her had started together only a year or so before, when SHE had walked in. Of course the rumors of having the library re-opened years after the passing of Bookwurm, its founder and original owner, had reached them aswell. But she had not expected the new owner to be so young. She could not be much older then herself she looked like she was even a few years younger.

The moment the lavender mare had casually walked in with a small shoppinglist Roseluck had not been able to keep her eyes of the newcomer. Well toned flanks with just a pinch of fat on them, a very nice well formed and rounded plot and that smile. Great Celestia, that smile. It gave the Unicorns' eyes a small twinkle of mirth, and combined with a somewhat scholarly way of speaking just seemed to complete the whole package.
She was lucky she had been hidden by a few ferns and other potted plants, or that divine vision would have seen her gawking with open mouth.

An seemingly endless amount of time later her sisters had been standing in front of her. Daisy had been waving her hoof before her eyes as if trying to reconnect Roseluck with Equestria. When the pale yellow mare finally responded by blinking and closing her mouth it had been Lilly who had asked the fatal question.
“She was nice, wasn’t she? Polite as well.”

A dreamy sigh and even more dreamy response came out of her. “Yes, very nice and very cute.”

“Rose, I would not use the word cute and nice in that way to describe the new librarian.”

“True, Hot also comes to mind”

Both her sisters were now staring at her, their mouths attempting to find the right words. Their brains could not compute with the off-the-world stare and dreamy voice of their youngest sibling. Atleast not her having that state over an other mare. It was the oldest, Lilly, who found her voice the first. Teasingly but concerned like always she had aksed “Roseluck? Do you have anything you have been meaning to tell us?”
*

She had kept it hidden for 10 years, even during her brief foalromance with Cheerilee. And that had been difficult to hide. And now, the one mare who had caused her to accidentally come out to her a part of her family was sitting at the same table for two in a mare-only bar.

Awkwardly she shuffled her mug from hoof to hoof. “So euhm, feeling a bit better now?”
The lavender mare looked at her, a small smile had already been forming. But her voice was still off and missing much of the mirth it had when she was at the shop. “Yes, a little bit. Thank you for your help. And sorry for being such a burden.”

The downcasted look had returned, there had been something off about the mare. Nopony should be this down after a fight with friends. There was more here then meets the eye, but Roseluck determined that it was not her place to pry. “Its alright, I know how much losing friends can sting.” 'Celestia knowns I know how that stings.'

A awkward silence was all what followed. Until the Unicorn could not take it anymore. A sheepish grin came to her face as she spoke. “I just remembered, I have not even introduced myself. I am Twilight Sparkle.” She continued by rubbing her left front hoof behind her head. “And you look familiar but I cannot place a name.”

“Roseluck, and as for me being familiar. I run a small flowershop in Ponyville with my sisters. Wait, You are Twilight Sparkle the new librarian of said village right? Well if not, then I must inform you that there is a mare out there who needs to be apprehended for identity theft.”

That comment had been the ice-breaker as both mares looked at each other and burst into a massive fit of giggles. After the laughter died Twilight looked up and wiped a tear away. “Yes, yes that is me . But what brings you all the way from Ponyville to Canterlot? I was here to meet with my mentor and parents, so how about you?”

Roselucks cheery demeanor changed 180 degrees “I’ve always wanted to come here. So I came with my friends. But they did not react how I had hoped. But luckily one still accepted me for who I am. So not all is lost.”

The Earth Pony did not expect what followed, Twilight had gotten up from her seat, and simply placed her fore-hooves around her in a hug. She did not need words, the empathy radiating from the embrace said enough. She simply sat there and returned the hug, knowing the other mare had been through a similar event.

Strange as it was the pain from earlier that evenings sorrow was still throbbing, but it did not sting as much anymore. The soft embrace seemed to dull it. Both mares felt it but neither acknowledged it completely, but it felt right. It felt good to just be in the others hooves.
After a while both withdrew from it, only to come face to face with each other. Looking the other straight in the eye, soft green meeting deep purple enchanting the both of them to look deeper.
The embrace had left their muzzles with only a few inches in between them. A distance the visual enchantment their eyes had slowly made shorter. Untill lavender and pale yellow lips met.

A fleeting moment, a simple kiss. One lasting less then a second before both pulled away in shock. Violent blushes appeared on both of their faces as they took their seats once more. Neither wanted to look at the other but at the same time neither could look away. Hoping to create a 'normal' conversation “So euhm Twilight, why exactly did you move to Ponyville.”

And with that Roseluck got herself a front row seat on the fight against Nightmare Moon and its after effects.

*Much later into the night, nearing 4 am*

Twilight could not remember the last time she had this much fun. Not even during the festivities of Rainbows Rainboom and winning of the flightcup. Maybe it had been the numerous ciders, maybe it was the company. But something had made her ask the raspberry maned mare if she would like to come with her to catch a few Z's at her apartment since the mare had no room of her own to go to anymore.
What had followed had been a series of lewd comments as they swalked drunkenly across the cobblestone of Canterlot and the palace gardens towards their goal. A small servants-entrance of the castle leading to Twilight's quarters in the royal library.

Even with her mind fogged by a more then copious amount of alcohol Roseluck could only stare in awe during the last bit of the trip. Twilight had told her she had a small apartment in the city, but she never said anything about it being located in the castle. A small part of her wondered why she had it, was it because she was one of the elements or was it something else.
“So Twilight, how are we gonna do this?” Was all she managed to slur once their reached Twilight's chambers.

An equally slurred voice spoke back.
“Well I have requested a bed, but the servants were sleeping. So we’ll have to share the one present. Its big enough.”

Reaching the queensized bed they settled in next to each other quite quickly. Neither thought much about searching the cabinets for a second pillow and both just crashed their heads on the only one available. Their faces facing on the outer ends of a single pillow, crowded but just enough room to have a bit of privacy. Had they been sober it would never have happened. But here in the seclusion of Twilight's private chambers the moment of silence held something magical. Even in the darkness they had perfect sight of the other. A tender lavender hoof swiped a few stray hairs which had fallen in front of the other mare's face. Slowly their muzzles inched closer. Until Roseluck in her own version of dutch courage could not take it anymore and pressed in to kiss the mare who had stolen her heart months before.

Twilight on the other hand had been shocked twice by this. First by the sudden kiss and secondly by finding herself not only accepting the kiss but also enjoying it. Her mind was working overdrive, there wasn’t a fiber in her body who wanted it to stop. She wished that she had studied romance and all that goes with it.

Moments later they pulled apart, almost completely out of breath. The blush on Roseluck's face was almost into the infrared spectrum. Not knowing how her action had affected her companion she attempted to open her mouth to apologize. Only to have her mouth covered by a set of lavender lips once again. But to her surprise it wasn't only a set of lips. She could feel the weight of the lavender mare shifting her own body until she was on her back with Twilight laying on top of her between her hooves. Experimentally she started licking across the lips and teeth of the other mare, occasionally poking. The response had been almost immediately; resulting in her having access to the taste-organ of the Unicorn and was, at least what she hoped she was doing, pleasurably allowing her own tongue to play with it. But it had been rewarding especially after the other mare started to quietly stiffling moans in her throat. Something Roseluck had less luck with.

Even with the intensiveness of their activity they had no need to come up for breath for quite some time. But when they did and their eyes met again, it became very clear that they would not stop. A dam had been broken and nothing short of extinguishing the fire raging in their lions would get them to put a halt to their activities.