• Published 26th Feb 2013
  • 358 Views, 6 Comments

The Real War - Overwhelming Light



The son of a great warrior must step up to the plate when Equestria is attacked by an unknown enemy. The teen must learn the truth to his father's great abilities and control them as his father once had.

  • ...
 6
 358

The Talk

The Real War

“The Talk”

The castle seemed to be glowing as we neared it. Bent and I had had a short quiet walk here. Once again I had despised every second that I was in the “Rich” part of Canterlot. We had entered this horrible place shortly after departing from the hospital. The hospital was not too far from my home, which I wanted to make a quick visit, but Bent insisted that we should hurry to the castle. I agreed only out of fear of being late to a meeting with the two most powerful beings in the world. I would hate to end up on their bad side.

As we began our ascent inside the castle towards the Princesses' Throne Room a bright flash erupted and I was transported to a tower that overlooked Canterlot. As my fear of heights quickly alerted my brain that we were indeed very high, a sweet sound peaked my interest and I turned around to see Princess Luna humming, looking towards the high mountains to the North.

“M-My apologies Princess, I do not know how I ended up here.” I said as I bowed before the Goddess of the Night.

“Do not worry of formalities here Light, we are alone. For you see I must give you a very important offer.” The Princess said calmly.

“What is it Princess? And where did Bent go?”

“Bent Steel is in his chambers, with no knowledge of how he got there.” Luna snickered then continued on, “I have reason to believe that the organization your father is a part of is giving intelligence to the Zebras. It was Zebras who attacked the archives a short time ago. The Zebras knew exactly where to go to get what they needed and how to avoid most of our Guard. They had intelligence.”

“The organization my father works for helps Equestria! They are the good guys! I have talked to them!” I replied astonished that she technically accused my father.

“Light, it is a possibility you must consider. You are still new to them, they might not give you the ugly truth till you are one of them. You may go, but if you ever need me, speak to the night.” Luna's voice seemed almost... disappointed.

“I should not need to speak to you further, I have trust in my father and the organization he is a part of. However I will think about what you said.” I said trying to be kind of polite.

“That is all I ask of you. Thank you. Good bye Overwhelming Light.”

I trotted over to the railing and looked out, I bowed and turned to walk away when another bright flash erupted and I was thrown into something soft and fluffy.

I heard a muffled laugh and looked about the room. After a moderate amount of searching, I found Bent laughing in the corner of the ceiling.

“Where did you come from?” He said in the midst of his laugh.

I reasserted myself on the bed and looked at Bent. “Ha-Ha its sooo funny.” I said sarcastically. He chuckled and I continued, “I had to talk to someone who was misguided.”

Bent raised an eyebrow and I shrugged my shoulders. Bent then looked at the wall clock and gasped.

“Shoot! We are late! Time to go!” He began as a hiss then to a yell.

After I got off the bed, Bent pushed me through the door and out into the hall. We began walking down the hall and upon nearing the throne room Bent spoke up.

“Now do not speak unless you are spoken to. These are our Princesses and deserve our respect.” Bent said with the utmost sincerity.

“I understand.” I whispered as I thought about how utterly rude I was to Luna, our goddess.

As I was sulking over my actions, we entered the throne room. I first noticed the icon of Equestria, Princess Celestia sitting on her throne in the center of the room. Second I saw Princess Twilight Sparkle sitting to the left of Celestia. One thing struck me as abnormal, Princess Luna was no where to be seen. I know she had just been up on the tower, but that shouldn’t really be an excuse for a princess.

Princess looked down at us and seemed to examine me and Bent. She had a stern look in her eyes. Celestia then gave us a kindhearted smile and turned to Twilight to whisper something in her ear. Twilight nodded and smiled but quickly got serious as she turned to look at us.

“Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle. We are here to discuss the actions of Mr. Overwhelming Light. The Princesses and I shall collaborate to make a justification regarding his punishment if any is needed.” Twilight smiled quickly but hid it under her serious face again. She was clearly having fun being in charge.

“First we must discuss the reasoning, behind the act, with the defendant. Mr. Light please step forward.” Twilight sounded very mature as I slowly took a few steps forward.

“Mr. Light would you please tell us what had happened.”

“Well uh, Bent and I were walking back from training when a stallion yelled at us and threatened us. Another stallion hit Bent and everything went down hill.” I explained as I thought about the suddenness of it all.

Bent spoke up, “From what I heard and felt, his actions were spectacular and saved my life. The other stallions were carrying weapons they were not permitted to have.”

Twilight hummed and said a quiet 'Okay'.

“His actions were justified, so he will not be given a punishment. However these other three will be punished harshly.” Twilight looked over to Celestia, “I believe this is the correct response. Unless there is something you would like to modify?”

Celestia smiled happily at her old pupil. “No, that is correct Twilight.”

Twilight looked back at us and smiled. “Then you two may leave if you wish.”

As Bent and I turned around to leave there was a bright yellow flash and a zebra appeared in the center of the room. The guards next to the door rushed him and brought him to the ground. The zebra squirmed and wiggled around trying to get free.

Celestia arose from her throne and steadily trotted to the downed zebra.

“Guards, let go.” As soon as the guards let go, Celestia levitated him into the air.
“Guards leave us.”

The Guards looked confused then nodded and left the room. Before Bent and I could follow Celestia told us to wait just a moment.

Celestia turned back to the floating zebra.“Carella what are you doing here?!”

“Celestia wait! I can explain! I know who attacked your archives.” Carella, the female zebra announced.

“Who?” Twilight, who had joined Celestia at her side, asked curiously.

“Before I tell you, I need you to do me a favor.”