• ...
50
 91
 4,111

Chapter 9

Over at The Candy Store, we find the Eds leaving the store with big satisfied grins plastered on their faces. What’s the reason behind this? Each of the Eds was holding a jawbreaker the size of a basketball in their respective hands.

“Ok boys, last time we had these, it was season four, but we FINALLY got our jawbreakers!!” shouted Eddy with joy.

“Eddy, didn’t we get jawbreakers after we returned to the Cul-de-Sac after that adventure you put us through?” questioned Double D.

“Well, yeah. But if I remember right, it wasn’t on screen, and if it’s not on screen, it doesn’t count,” Eddy simply said.

Without another word, the Eds closed their eyes and readied themselves to eat their long-awaited jawbreakers. But before the trio could get the chance to, the cotton candy clouds had suddenly appeared above the Candy Store and had spread throughout the Cul-de-Sac. Unknown to the trio, a downpour of chocolate rain poured onto the Eds. When Eddy was about to put the jawbreaker in his mouth, he smelled something funny. He opened his eyes and was shocked at what he saw in his hands.

“WHAT THE-?!?” questioned Eddy in complete shock.

The once jawbreaker that was in his hands was now replaced by a meatball, the same size as the jawbreaker. Double D heard Eddy’s outburst and opened his eyes to see what was wrong, only to see that his jawbreaker was also replaced by a giant meatball. His reaction was no different from Eddy’s from what he saw.

“GOOD LORD!!!” he yelled, also in shock.

After hearing both of his friends react to something, Ed opened his eyes and saw that his jawbreaker had also been turned into a meatball. He looked at it for a few seconds in confusion, but instead of being shocked like his friends, he just shrugged it off and took a bite of the meatball. In a fit of rage, Eddy threw the meatball on the sidewalk, turned back to the Candy Store, and stomped to the door, ready to demand a refund. But before he could go in, the door slammed in his face and the closed sign was present on the glass door. This didn’t stop him, as he started banging on the door with his fists.

“You backstabbing jerks ripped me off! I paid for a jawbreaker, not a meatball! I want my money back!” shouted Eddy as he continued pounding on the door in anger.

After seeing that his fist banging wasn’t doing anything, Eddy started ramming his shoulder into the door, attempting to knock it down. Double D covered his face with his right hand and shook his head in dissatisfaction with what Eddy was trying to do. He turned to Ed, who was still eating his meatball, and asked, “Ed, could you please stop Eddy before he hurts himself?”

After hearing his friend’s question, Ed gave him the “ok” sign with his free hand and said with a mouthful, “Okey-dokey Double D!”

After he ate what was left of his meatball, he grabbed Eddy by his shirt and the trio left the Candy Store with Eddy in tow. He desperately tried to get out of Ed’s grip, but couldn’t because of the good hold Ed had on him. After a few minutes of blowing off steam, Eddy finally calmed down and walked with Ed and Double D. He sulked in silent defeat, wondering how the jawbreakers were still taken away from them even though they had them in the palm of their hands.


After the sun’s rising without Discord’s influence, and after waking herself up, Fluttershy got up from the chair she slept on and did her routine of feeding her animals in her cottage. After her animals were fed, Fluttershy went and checked on her guests. She found Tails sleeping in the kitchen with the radar at the kitchen table; he looked like he finished the kinks to it. She then went to her room and found Amy sleeping in her bed. She quietly left her bedroom and started looking for Sonic. She looked everywhere inside the cottage and became worried after she saw that he wasn’t around.

Meanwhile outside of Fluttershy’s cottage, Sonic was relaxing on top of the roof, with his arms behind his head, relaxing and remembering his talk with Luna.


Sonic says, “I’ve seen what Discord can do, but I also saw that Twilight looked grayish just moments ago. Can you tell me what that is all about?” Luna says, “I see you aren’t familiar with that ability of his to force a pony into their opposite behaviors. He can corrupt the ponies into the opposite representation of their elements. Fluttershy from kindness to anger, Applejack from honest to a liar, Rarity from generous to greedy, Rainbow Dash from loyal to unfaithful, and Pinkie Pie from laughter to despair.” Sonic thinks this over and says, “So where does that leave Twilight?” Luna says, “Hers is the most powerful among them, magic, and one thing you should know Sonic, is that friendship is magic.”

Hearing this, Sonic turns to her and says in confusion, “Friendship is magic?” Luna gives him a simple nod to his question. As he thinks that over, he remembered seeing Twilight in that state after she opened her door and she regained her colors after she and Mordecai made up. Sonic said, “Hmm…I wonder.”


His thoughts were interrupted once he heard the door open. He looked down from the roof and saw Fluttershy standing outside. He saw the pegasus frantically looking for something and appeared to be worried. Unknown to the hedgehog, she was looking for him.

“Sonic? Sonic, where are you?” asked Fluttershy, hoping that he would hear her. “I’m up here,” said Sonic, startling her in the process.

Fluttershy jumped into the air after hearing the voice, she flapped her wings to keep herself airborne. She turned around and saw him casually waving at her, while he was laying on the roof. She breathed a sigh of relief after seeing that the voice belonged to Sonic and that he was okay. She flew towards him and said, “You know you could have slept inside.”

“I know, but I’m a little more comfortable sleeping outside sometimes. Plus, you didn’t have another room or spot for me to sleep on,” he simply said, still relaxed on her roof.

“Well…whatever makes you comfortable. What did you do after everyone split up last night?” asked Fluttershy.

Sonic sat up and said, “I talked with Luna last night.” Fluttershy looked at him questioningly and said, “Oh, what did you talk with her about?” He said, “I’ll tell ya when we get to Twilight’s.” Before she could question him any further, his stomach rumbled, causing Sonic to grab it in embarrassment. He looked at her and asked with a sheepish grin, “Mind if we have breakfast first?” She responded with a smile, “Sure. I could make something for all of us.” He then jumped off the roof and they went inside her cottage.


Back at Golden Oaks Library, Mordecai had woken up after hearing a loud noise coming from downstairs. He was a little upset from being woken up by the noise, but after seeing Twilight’s sleeping face, he wasn’t as upset as before. He tried to get up but realized he couldn’t after seeing that Twilight was still laying on top of him. He carefully got her off and placed her head on her pillow. He quietly got out of bed in an attempt to not wake her and he went downstairs to see what was making the noise.

Once he was downstairs, he saw that Spike was in the kitchen and he was picking up the pans that had fallen. Mordecai said, “Hey Spike. What are you doing?” Spike said, “I was just going to make breakfast for you, Rigby and Twilight. Sorry if I woke you up.” Mordecai said, “It’s cool, what were you going to make?” Spike thought for a moment and said, “How does blueberry pancakes sound for breakfast?” Mordecai said with a smile, “That sounds good to me.”

Sometime after he left, Twilight started tossing and turning in her bed. The scared look on her face signaled that she was having a nightmare.


Twilight had seen Time Eater and Discord in an unfamiliar area, staring her and all of her friends down. Time Eater shot a barrage of spheres at the group, the only ones that didn’t get hit, other than herself, were Sonic and Mordecai. She looked at everyone and saw that the spheres had immobilized them.

Sonic, however, appeared gold instead of blue and was floating off the ground. He flew at them, but with Discord’s enhanced powers, he stopped Sonic where he was with a snap of his talons. Sonic tried his best to break free from this, but he found that he couldn’t make any movements whatsoever. Once he approached Sonic, Discord raised his lion paw and blasted him with a powerful dark blast. After the attack had made contact, Sonic screamed in agony. Once the smoke had cleared, Sonic turned back to his natural blue color and he started to fall. While he was falling, he looked at Mordecai and Twilight with an apologetic look in his eyes and lost consciousness as he fell into the abyss.

Time Eater focused its attention on Twilight and fired a dark sphere at her. She was going to use her magic to deflect the attack, but Discord snapped his fingers and her horn was gone. She panicked at this and wasn’t able to move away from the attack in time, but before the attack would make contact, Mordecai stepped in front of her and took the hit. After the smoke had cleared, Mordecai had fallen over from the attack.

Mordecai clutched his stomach in pain. He coughed and groaned from the pain he was experiencing. Worried for him, Twilight rushed to his side and turned him over so he could face her. Once he was facing her, she started crying after seeing the condition he was in. He breathed heavily and said in a weak tone, “Twilight…Twilight.”


In the real world, Mordecai had already woken Rigby up for breakfast and was currently on his way to wake Twilight up. While he was going up the stairs, he was humming a random tune to himself, just enjoying the good morning he was having. When he entered Twilight’s room, he heard a faint whimper. Feeling worried, he rushed to her bed as quickly as he could, and what he saw just broke his heart from what he was seeing. He saw that Twilight was clutching her blanket, shaking in fear, and crying in her sleep. He lightly shook her and said, “Twilight! Twilight!” Her eyes shot open after hearing his voice. She sat up and started breathing heavily from the dream she had. Twilight turned to see Mordecai looking at her with a concerned look on his face.

Mordecai asked, “Are you okay Twilight?”

After seeing him, Twilight immediately hugged him, glad to see that he was okay, leaving Mordecai taken back by this. He eventually hugged her back and was going to ask her what was wrong, but she had beaten him to the question and said, “I’m sorry Mordecai. I-I had a bad dream.” After pulling away from the hug, he stroked her cheek, wiping her tears away, and said, “Hey, don’t worry about it. Whatever it was, it was just a dream.”

She still felt unsure about it as she remembered her friends having similar nightmares leading up to Discord and Time Eater being present. Once the thought crossed her mind, she thought about telling him about the nightmares her friends had, but her stomach rumbled, causing her to blush and laugh in embarrassment.

Mordecai smiled at this and said, “Talk about good timing, I came up here to tell you that Spike just finished making breakfast.” Twilight asked, “What did he make?” He simply said, “Blueberry pancakes.” She quickly got out of bed, and they left her bedroom.


Back in the Center of Time, Discord had returned after a day of spreading his chaos throughout the planet. After seeing him, Time Eater asked, “Enjoy yourself out there?” Discord crossed his arms and said, “Not really.” Time Eater then asked, “What? Didn’t spread enough chaos out there?” Discord turned and said, “Trust me, I’ve spread a lot, just had some problems in one area though.”

Wanting to change the subject, Discord asked with a smirk, “What did I miss from yesterday’s divide and conquer?” Time Eater said, “Remember when I mentioned Silver?” Confused by this, Discord said, “Yeah, I remember…why?” Time Eater continued and said, “Both he and Blaze had traveled in time and had a helping hand with everyone.” Discord asked, “So, we’re back on square one then?”

Time Eater tore open a portal on the ground and said, “Not quite. I already have a plan for what lies here” Discord looked at the portal and was surprised at what he saw. He said, “Tartarus? What do we need from there?” Time Eater said, “I’ve checked what is there, and I believe that one creature in there should be of good use to us for the next emerald.” A silhouette was shown to Discord on the portal. Time Eater then said, “I want you to bring this creature here and we’ll work on the next emerald after that.”

Discord shrugged at this, plugged his nose, jumped, and did a cannonball motion into the portal.


After exiting the portal, Discord arrived at the entrance of Tartarus and started walking toward it. Before he could go any further, a giant black dog with three heads, known as Cerberus, had jumped out in front of him, blocking his path, and started barking at him in an attempt to scare him off. After he stopped barking, Cerberus growled at Discord after seeing the draconequus hadn’t flinched after seeing him and was ready to pounce him.

Discord snapped his fingers and a big piece of steak appeared. He then used his magic and lifted the piece of meat in front of the dog, catching the attention of all three of the dog’s heads. After distracting the heads in amusement, he threw the steak away from the entrance and Cerberus chased after the meat. After catching the piece of meat, Cerberus attempted to eat the steak, but the other heads fought over it with each other, wanting to eat the meat as well. With the perfect distraction completed, Discord turned to the giant dog, and said with a smirk, “Good boy.”

As Cerberus continued to fight over the steak, Discord went into Tartarus and began his search for what Time Eater had told him to bust out.


Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Fluttershy were walking towards the library, and the rest of the group had crossed paths, they waved to each other and said their good mornings. Sonic turned to Finn and Jake and asked, “So what do you guys think of Ponyville?”

Finn scratched the back of his head and asked, “Are all of the ponies around here obsessed with humans?”

Sonic looked at him confusingly and asked, “What do ya mean?”

Finn said, “Last night, when Jake and I went with AJ, some aquamarine unicorn with a mint mane and tail greeted me, she said her name was Lyra. She looked at me as if I came out of a storybook or something. She asked me a bunch of weird questions, one of them was about the family sword,” he finished while pointing at the long red sword. Finn continued his story and said, “I was going to show her my sword-handling skills, but she grabbed my hands and admired them as if they were lost treasure or something. I was going to ask her what she was doing, but she took off my hat, ran one of her hooves in my hair and she ended up wearing my hat.”

Applejack chuckled and said, “We haven’t had humans in Equestria in a long time, I guess what Bon Bon has been telling me about Lyra was true.” Jake turned to her and asked, “And what did she tell you?” Applejack said, “She has an obsession with humans.” Finn looked at her and said, “Bon Bon? You mean the cream color pony with the blue and pink mane and tail?”

Interested in the story, and wanting Finn to continue, Sonic asked, “What happened next?” Finn said, “Bon Bon took my hat off of Lyra, gave it back to me, and apologized for her friend’s odd behavior. She dragged Lyra and they left. I think they were arguing about something, but the only thing I heard while they were leaving was, ‘I told you they were real!’” After he finished telling the story, everyone had a good laugh from it. Sonic then pointed at Finn’s backpack that was holding both the Family Sword and the Root Sword and asked, “Do you use that sword very often?” Finn said, “I’m good at hand-to-hand combat as well, but yeah, the sword is one thing I use to defend myself with.” Shadow asked, “Defend yourself from what exactly?” Finn said, “From a lot of monsters that are in Ooo, I even use my sword to deflect any magic that is used against me.”

Fluttershy said, “I didn’t know there was magic outside of Equestria.” Finn turned to her and said, “Yeah, there’s magic in Ooo, but unfortunately for me and Jake, out of all the magic users there are, we have to put up with the Ice King the most.” Knuckles said, “Who’s the Ice King.” Jake couldn’t pass this opportunity up, so he said, “A big nerd,” earning a good laugh from everyone. After everyone settled down, Finn said, “He’s this guy that has a magical crown, and it gives him the power to use ice and snow. He usually kidnaps princesses so he can marry one of them.” Everyone looked at each other in confusion after hearing this. Finn then said, “It’s sad really.” Sonic said, “The guys seriously screwed in the head by the sounds of it.” Finn and Jake both thought to themselves, “You don’t know half of it.” Sonic said, “I just hope he doesn’t hear about this place.” Finn turned to him and said, “Why’s that?” He said, “Because there’s a couple of princesses here.” Before he could ask any further, they had arrived at Twilight’s home.

As they approached her home, the door opened, revealing Mordecai, Rigby, and Twilight about to exit the tree home. After seeing everyone, Twilight said with a smile, “Good morning everyone.” After everyone exchanged their good mornings, they entered the library.

After everyone got comfortable in the library, Twilight noticed Silver and Blaze. She turned to Sonic and asked, “Uh Sonic, who are your friends?” Sonic looked in that direction and realized that Silver and Blaze haven’t been introduced. Before he could tell her, Silver interrupted and said, “Sorry for the lack of introductions. I’m Silver.” Blaze simply said, “And I’m Blaze.” Silver then added, “We came here from the future to try and change it.” Skeptical by this, Twilight said, “The future? I’m sorry, but unless you know any spells to do any time travel, that can’t be possible.” Sonic said, “He said that someone had helped him with a time-traveling device.” Hearing this, Mordecai asked, “Like from Back to the Future?” Not wanting to make the story long, Silver scratched the back of his head and said, “Yeah, something like that.” Mordecai and Rigby said in unison, “So cool.”

Silver continued to explain the reason why he and Blaze were in the present and said, “We came here because the world has been conquered in our time.” Fluttershy asked, “Conquered? How?” Blaze said, “Discord, that’s how.” The group that didn’t go to the Land of Ooo gasped at this. Silver said, “In the future, Discord had managed to get all of the Chaos Emeralds, and prevented the Elements of Harmony from working against him.” Worried over this news, Amy asked, “And what exactly happened that caused that future?” Blaze said, “After coming back to this time, and with what Silver has told me, we finally figured out how he did it. He tricked Finn into killing Sonic and told Twilight about Mordecai’s past experiences to keep her from using her element.” Amy fainted after hearing the news. Rarity went over to the unconscious hedgehog and started fanning her with her hoof in an attempt to wake her up again.

Not believing what he said, Rigby said, “Whoa, whoa, whoa. How could he have taken over? We have more emeralds than Discord does.” He looked at Mordecai and asked, “Don’t we?” Mordecai said, “Well, Discord has the yellow emerald.” Sonic added, “As well as the purple emerald we had.” Rigby then asked, “So…we only have one emerald then?” Sonic pulled out the red emerald and said, “Actually, we have two.” Pinkie asked, “How’d you get that one?” Sonic said, “This one was from the Land of Ooo. We got it after we dealt with Xergiok and his army of cyclopses and earclopses.” The group that didn’t stay in Ooo looked at him in confusion. Twilight spoke up and asked, “An army of what?” Finn turned to her and asked, “You know what a cyclops is right?” She said, “Yes.” Finn continued and said, “Earclopses are the same, except it has a giant ear for a head.”

After bringing up the earclops, Sonic turned to Knuckles and asked, “Speaking of which, how did you guys take the two armies down?” Everyone focused their attention on Knuckles, Jake, Silver, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity. Knuckles said, “Remember when Finn said that the earclops have very sensitive hearing?” Sonic nodded to his question. Knuckles said, “That wasn’t the case with these.” Finn asked, “What do you mean?” Jake said, “He means, that Xergiok was ready this time and had cast a spell to protect their hearing.” Knuckles continued the story and said, “They were tough, but we were able to handle them, that is until a giant cyclops came out of nowhere.”

The others stared at them in shock, as he continued the story. “That cyclops was at least two times bigger than the army Xergiok brought. It swung its giant club at us, but I was able to stop it with my hands.” Silver shook his head in disapproval and said, “If we weren’t there, you would have been squashed like a bug.” Knuckles glared at him as he continued telling what had happened in the fight and said, “It’s true that he stopped the club, but we still had an army that surrounded us. I was able to stop a good amount of them with my psychokinesis.” Rigby looked at him confusedly and said, “You’re what?” Silver then raised his right hand and a cyan aura suddenly surrounded Rigby. He lifted him off the ground with it, and put him back down, shocking everyone that hadn’t seen the technique before. Silver then said, “I used that on at least ten of them, and threw them at the other cyclopses and earclopses.”

Rainbow Dash continued the story and said, “After seeing what Silver could do, we focused on taking the giant cyclops down. I flew at it, and I bucked it in the gut, as hard as I could.” Rarity added, “I bucked the cyclops in the shin, and it lost its balance from it. Knuckles ended up tossing it on its back after that.” Applejack said, “It tried to get back up again, but I asked Jake if he could stretch his arm into a lasso, he said he could, and formed it easily. I grabbed his arm, swung it over the cyclops, and tied it up before it could attack again.” Everyone looked at Jake in confusion after hearing what Applejack had just said. He said, “She means this,” and showed everyone that he could stretch his body. He then said, “After tying that cyclops up, Knuckles grabbed my arm and swung it around with great force. He was able to knock some of them out with it, while the others tried running away. We let it go at the rest of the cyclopses and earclopses and it rolled them over.”

After finishing their story, Sonic turned to Shadow and asked, “How about you Shadow? How was it like being here for a day?” Instead of saying anything, all Shadow did was glare at Rigby, who in turn, glared back at him. Rouge answered for him and said, “These two didn’t get along here yesterday.” Sonic asked in confusion, “Why’s that?” Rigby pointed accusingly at Shadow and yelled, “It’s because this turd ruined my chocolate cake!” Amy slowly regained consciousness after hearing the sudden outburst. Fluttershy gasped at what Rigby just said and she said in a disapproving tone, “Such language!” Shadow retorted in an equally angered tone and said, “Only after you ruined my swiss rolls, Rig-bonehead!” Rigby clutched his fists in anger and yelled, “WHAT?!” Mordecai lightly chuckled at this and thought, ‘I gotta remember that one.’

Rigby then lunged at Shadow, while he raised a fist and was ready to fight, but they were both stopped by Silver’s psychokinesis. Blaze said, “By the time I entered the store, these two were about to kill each other. I didn’t know why at the time.” Shadow said, “It started when stupid here was being rude to one of the ponies that had crossed eyes. Mordecai told me that I was allowed to punch him if he acted up, so I did.” Blaze then said, “With how things went, I’m glad I told them about our little problem, or it could have gotten ugly yesterday.”

Rigby continued his struggle in the cyan aura in an attempt to break free and said, “Let me go, so I can kick that hedgehog’s butt!” Shadow scoffed at this and said, “You couldn’t beat an egg with how hard you hit.” Silver said, “Look, guys, you two might not like each other, but save it until after Time Eater and Discord are taken care of. There was enough drama as it was yesterday.” They rolled their eyes at this and said in unison, “Fine.” Silver released them from his grip after they had finally calmed down. Jake spoke up and said, “How exactly are we gonna stop them? Time Eater nearly sucked us into that portal back in Ooo, although, I can’t say the same for the goblins. And other than changing forms, what else can Discord do?” Twilight said, “Discord’s got a lot of powers of his own, but the best way I can say this is that he can literally turn the world upside down with a snap of his fingers.” Jake then asked, “Is there anything that can stop something like that?”

Sonic said with a smirk, “There is actually.” Jake looked at him in confusion. The ponies then pulled out their necklaces and tiara, showing him what he was talking about. Still confused, Jake asked, “And what are these supposed to be?” Twilight answered him and said, “These are the Elements of Harmony. These elements are each known as, Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and Magic, and they have stopped Discord before.” Jake was going to question the elements, but Mordecai interrupted his train of thought and said, “Trust me, we’ve seen them work before. They turned a Moon Monster into a toy.” Rigby then said, “I keep telling you, it’s Beef Burrito.” Mordecai turned to him and said, “Dude, I keep telling you, it’s not Beef Burrito, we put it in the closet a long time ago.” Not wanting to admit he was wrong, Rigby offered a bet and said, “Ten bucks says your wrong.” Mordecai shook Rigby’s hand and said, “I’ll take that bet.”

Sonic said, “Anyway, as Twilight was saying, the Elements of Harmony can stop Discord.” Finn spoke up and asked, “If the Elements of Harmony stopped him before, how did he still manage to escape?” Sonic scratched the back of his head and said, “Time Eater was the one that helped him escape this time. But don’t worry about that, I paid a visit to Canterlot, talked with Princess Luna about this, and I learned something new about the elements.” Everyone looked at him in confusion. Tails asked, “When did you go to Canterlot?” Twilight added, “And when did you meet Luna?” Sonic said, “Last night, just before I fell asleep myself. I was going to talk to Celestia about the elements, but I’m glad that her sister knew about them as well. She told me that she and Celestia had done some research on the elements sometime after you used them on Discord.” The ponies leaned in and said in unison, “Yes?” Sonic smiled at this, continued his explanation, and said, “They found something out about them.” They leaned a little closer, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Mordecai, and Shadow also leaning in, and said in unison, “Yes?” He then said, “It’s the best thing I’ve heard that they can do.” After saying this, everyone leaned in with interest and said, “Yes?” Sonic concluded by saying, “They can steal Discord’s chaotic powers.”

Everyone gasped in surprise at the news. Sonic then said, “I know I was surprised too. Luna told me that, since sealing him in stone a second time didn’t work, we can try to seal him and have his powers taken away.” Finn asked, “Okay, so how do we track him?” Tails said, “I’ve been fixing our radar last night, and I think I got all the bugs figured out. This was how we were able to find the emerald back in Ooo. With this fixed up, we can try to catch him where the next emerald will be at.” Tails then turned the radar on, and after a few minutes, the radar picked up the next emerald’s location. The group exited the library and traced the emerald that was one hundred miles from Equestria. They gathered around Sonic; he used Chaos Control and they teleported to the new location.


Ed was sitting in his basement and was reading one of his comic books on his bed, completely lost in the story he was reading. The comic was called, “The Revenge of Evil Tim”. He continued reading from page to page until he heard a knock on his window. After getting off his bed, Ed opened the window and discovered that Eddy and Double D were the ones that were knocking on his window. He got out of his room by crawling out of his window. He greeted his friends and showed them his new comic, neither of them was impressed with it, especially with the last comic Ed used to summon a bunch of ravens.

Ed noticed the sad look on Eddy’s face and wanted to cheer him up. He was going to hug him, but Eddy grabbed one of his arms and slammed him into the ground. Ed groaned at this and asked in confusion, “What did I do?” Double D attempted to pull him back up from the ground, displeased with Eddy’s actions. He strained himself, but he eventually got him off the ground and said, “It’s not you Eddy’s mad at Ed, he’s still peeved from yesterday.” They approached Eddy and attempted to calm him down. After successfully calming him down, the trio then left Ed’s backyard and began walking in no particular direction. The walk eventually led the Eds to walk down the Lane, and go to their hangout.


Shortly after they walked down the Lane, a bright light flashed in the playground, revealing Sonic and co.; after arriving, everyone did a quick look around. Pinkie asked, “We’re back at the park?” Mordecai said, “No, the park is a lot bigger than this.” Sonic turned to Tails and asked, “So the emerald is here?” Tails looked over the monitor and said, “Not right here, right here, but it is nearby.” Tails tried to determine the emerald’s location, but the radar started acting up again. Knuckles shook his head at this and said, “Better find it, before someone else does.” Twilight said, “Ok, it doesn’t look like this place isn’t that big, so I think we can split up into teams to cover more ground.” Everyone agreed to Twilight’s proposal and she assigned Sonic, Tails, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Knuckles, and Silver to team one. Team two had Amy, Rouge, Rarity, Blaze, and herself. Team three had Applejack, Finn, Jake, Shadow, Pinkie Pie, Mordecai, and Rigby. The three teams split up and looked around the closest areas to the playground.


Team one went to the houses. After talking with the ponies, Tails gave the radar to Rigby, so team three can try to look for the emerald in the woods, while Rarity’s gem-finding spell can help team two in the construction zone. Once Sonic and his team arrived at the houses, he suggested that they check the roofs of the homes, just in case the emerald was up there. Tails, Silver, and Rainbow flew up to the roofs, while Sonic, Fluttershy, and Knuckles checked the ground. Sonic turned and noticed Fluttershy was still on the ground and asked, “Fluttershy, what are you doing on the ground? Shouldn’t you be up there with the others?” She said, “I thought it would be easier if we had three of each on the ground and the roofs.” She mumbled something else, but he didn’t notice it. Without pursuing the issue any further, Sonic shrugged it off and started their search for the emerald around the houses.

While on the ground, Fluttershy had seen a house nearby and spotted a pig and a goat. After seeing them, she immediately thought about asking them for help. Sonic noticed her walking towards the house and followed her. As they entered the backyard, the pig, known as Wilfred, and the goat, known as Victor, had stopped eating and saw the duo. Before Victor got defensive with the intruders, Fluttershy noticed the change in his behavior and said, “It’s okay, it’s okay. We’re not here to cause either of you any trouble.” Both Wilfred and Victor looked at each other in confusion after the pegasus had spoken to them, while Sonic looked at her in shock thinking to himself, “Did she just speak to actual farm animals?”

After getting their attention, she said, “Hello there, my name’s Fluttershy, and this is Sonic.” After being introduced, Sonic waved awkwardly to Victor and Wilfred. Fluttershy continued talking to them and said, “We’re here to try and find something that belongs to him that might have come here. Did either of you see anything by chance?” While they were talking to Fluttershy, Knuckles entered the yard and spotted Sonic. Once he approached him, he said, “We haven’t found anything around the houses, why’s Fluttershy-?” Sonic stopped him from talking by raising a finger to silence him and said, “She’s asking them if they saw the emerald.” Surprised by this, Knuckles said, “She can talk to these animals?” Sonic nodded and said, “And I think she can understand them as well.”

After she finished talking to Wilfred and Victor, Fluttershy turned to Sonic and said, “They said they saw something fall in that direction a couple of nights ago.” She pointed a hoof past the houses. Still trying to take in the fact that she spoke to animals, Sonic regained his composure and said, “Well…that’s very helpful of them.” The trio waved at Victor and Wilfred and left the yard.


Team two arrived at the construction zone and decided to split into two groups. Twilight and Blaze searched one side of the construction zone, while Rarity, Rouge, and Amy searched the other. Curious about the ability, Rouge turned to her and asked, “So you use that spell to find gems?” Rarity said, “Yes, why do you ask?” Rouge said, “I never knew a pony could do any treasure hunting.” Rarity quickly said, “Oh no-no-no-no-no, I don’t do anything like that. I just look for the gems I would need to make my dresses.” Rouge looked at her in surprise and said, “You use the gems to help make your dresses? I gotta give some of them a look later.” Amy shook her head at this and thought to herself, “I hope she doesn’t get robbed.”

Amy went over to Twilight and Blaze to see if she could help them. By the time she approached them, Blaze walked up to her and said, “Amy, could you see if you can help Twilight with her problem?” Before she could ask what the problem was, Blaze had already left and was walking towards Rouge and Rarity. Still confused, Amy walked over to Twilight, who was lifting some of the construction equipment with her magic. After setting them down, Amy said, “Blaze said you needed help with something. Do you mind telling me what kind of help you need?” Twilight felt nervous about what she wanted to ask. She tried to change the subject and said, “Uh, it’s nothing. I think some of my books back home might help me with this problem I’m going through.”

Amy saw the nervous smile Twilight had and wasn’t going to let the subject go so easily. Twilight lifted a cement mixer with her magic and tried to see if the emerald was under it. Amy then said, “You like someone, don’t ya?” After hearing the question, Twilight lost her focus on the cement mixer and dropped it in surprise. She turned to Amy and said, “Wh-what? What makes you say that?” Amy said, “It’s a sixth sense for me, plus you're not exactly hiding it with that blush on your face.” As stated, Twilight had a light blush on her face, but it only grew darker after it was pointed out.

After proving her point, Amy said with a smirk, “So…who’s the lucky guy you’ve got a crush on?” Unsure about what she was feeling, Twilight said, “Even if what I’m feeling is a crush, how can you tell?” Feeling content with the question, Amy said, “In my personal experience, just thinking about that special someone alone, makes every little moment in your life huge!” After hearing this, Twilight started thinking about her possible crush again. Her blush returned after thinking it over with a smile, but it quickly disappeared as another thought had come to her mind. She turned to Amy, who was lost in her thoughts and said, “I still have one more thing to bring up. My crush isn’t exactly a pony, it’s Mordecai.” Amy snapped back to reality after hearing this. Feeling discomfort overtake her, Twilight said, “Wouldn’t it be weird if someone had feelings for someone that wasn’t the same species as them?”

Amy said, “That shouldn’t matter at all! I mean, my friend Cream, her mom Vanilla the Rabbit, has feelings for Vector the Crocodile, and it doesn’t bother her that he’s different. Rouge teases Knuckles almost all the time, and she is very close to Shadow. I don’t think it matters to her either.” Twilight stared at her in shock after hearing these examples. Wanting to get to the point, Amy took Twilight’s hooves into her hands and said, “What I’m trying to say is that, if you do have feelings for Mordecai, don’t let any differences you have with him stop you from being happy.”

Twilight smiled after hearing what Amy had to say. She then said, “Thank you, Amy, it means a lot to get some help on this.” Amy smiled, hugged her, and said, “What are friends for?” After they finished hugging, Rarity said to them, “Girls! I think I found where the emerald is!”


Team three had arrived in the forest, however, Rigby was seen trying to work the radar. Seeing him struggle, Shadow said, “Did you break it already?!” Rigby said, “No! The screen’s just black.” Rigby then handed the radar to Mordecai so he can continue his argument with Shadow. While they were bickering, Mordecai looked over the radar and saw what the problem was. Shadow had Rigby in a headlock and was about to punch him, until Mordecai said, “Dudes, it’s cool. It was only turned off.” Still, in the headlock, Rigby crossed his arms with pride and said, “Hmm, hmm, hmm.” Shadow still punched Rigby in the face after he gloated. After taking the radar back, Shadow said, “Me, Finn, and Jake will look over the trees to see where the radar will point to.” Mordecai said, “That’s cool, we’ll look down here on the ground just in case.” Shadow walked over to Finn and Jake and asked if they could have a better look over the trees, the duo nodded in agreement. Applejack also asked if she could join them, and the duo gave her a nod as well. After Finn told Shadow and Applejack to get on Jake’s back, Jake stretched his legs and lifted them over the trees.

Mordecai was looking past the trees, looking towards the construction zone. Pinkie noticed this and said, “Hey Mordecai, what are you looking at?” He snapped out of his thoughts and quickly said, “Huh? Oh, uh. Nothing. It’s nothing.” Rigby scoffed at his response and said, “Yeah right, he’s just thinking about Twi-.” Before he could finish his sentence, Mordecai punched him in the shoulder, he groaned and rubbed his shoulder after the hit he received. Pinkie bounced around them and said in excitement, “Ooh, if you’re thinking about somepony, then it must mean you like them. Is it somepony I know? Is it? Is it? Huh huh huh?” Mordecai thought about not telling her, but he didn’t feel like keeping this a secret anymore.

He turned to her and said, “I’ll tell ya, only if you keep it between us.” Pinkie nodded to this and said, “Sure thing! I’ll give you my Pinkie Promise to prove it.” Before she could do the motions to her Pinkie Promise, Rigby had extended his pinky finger to her. She looked at him in confusion and said, “Um, Rigby, what are you doing?” He said, “A pinky promise, what does it look like?” Mordecai slapped Rigby on the back of his head and said, “Dude! Does it look like there’s a pinky on that hoof?” Rigby looked at the hoof, put his hand down slowly after realization had hit him, and said, “Oh, right. Sorry.” Pinkie giggled at this and said, “It’s all right.” She said while doing her motions, “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

Mordecai thought it was odd, but he felt that she could keep his secret. He motioned her to come closer so he could tell her. Once she was close enough, he said with a light blush present on his face, “I… I have a crush on Twilight.” Pinkie gasped in surprise at the news. She looked at him, still in shock, and said, “Really?” He responded to her question with a shy smile and a nod. After getting over her shock over the news, Pinkie said with a smile, “Don’t worry about it. Your secret’s safe with me.” Relieved by this, Mordecai said, “Thanks, Pinkie.”

Back with Shadow, Applejack, Finn, and Jake, Finn was trying to get to know Shadow better. He said, “Anything on the radar yet?” Not much of a conversation type of person, Shadow said, “Not yet.” Finn nodded at this and thought over a few things to talk about. After coming up with something, he said, “Why are swiss rolls your favorite treat?” Shadow said, “Because they’re good. Is that a problem?” Finn quickly said, “No, no problem. It’s just that, I like apple pie.”

After hearing this, Applejack said, “Really? Who makes them?” Jake chimed in and said, “Our friend Tree Trunks makes the best apple pies back in Ooo.” Applejack said with a smile, “I’d like to meet her sometime, but I can tell you two right now that I can make a good apple pie myself.” Finn said, “Really?” Applejack chuckled at his surprise and said, “Sugarcube, I live on an apple farm. I and the rest of my family make a lot of good apple products.” Before she could tell them what they make, Finn said, “We’ll start with the apple pie when we get back to Equestria, if that’s ok.” Applejack said, “That’d be fine.”

After the radar had picked up something, Shadow yelled to the others and said, “Hey guys! I finally found the emerald!”


The teams met up again at the entrance of the Lane and they each had news of the emerald. Fluttershy spoke first and said, “I talked with a couple of the farm animals and they told me that they saw something go in that direction.” She pointed in the direction of the Lane. Knuckles said, “I don’t know how that works, but I do sense something over there.” Twilight said, “Rarity said she picked something up with her magic over there as well.” Mordecai said, “That’s cool, the radar picked something up over there, but from where we were on Jake’s back, it looked like a junkyard.” Rarity said in disgust, “A junkyard? Really?” Sonic said, “Wherever the emerald is, we’re going.” And with that, the group walked into the Lane, towards the Junkyard.


In the Junkyard, the Eds were in their purple retro van, with flames painted on the sides. Eddy was in the driver’s seat, Ed was in the passenger seat with his head sticking out the window, and Double D was resting on the waterbed behind them. They had been running potential scams with each other after arriving. Double D said while going through his notepad, “How about we try the Pesky Problem Fixers again?” Eddy said, “The only call we ever got on that was from some dumb broke kid, I’m not gonna go through with that again.” Double D flipped a page and said, “Go-kart racing?” Eddy thought this over and said, “Maybe, but I don’t feel like doing the go-kart racing idea right now.” Ed got back in the van and said, “How about a pool party?” Eddy turned to him and said, “Who does a pool party in spring?” After seeing how down he looked, Double D asked, “What’s wrong Eddy?” Eddy said, “Nothing. Just going through another scam block is all. I think we just need a break from all of this.” Double D said, “With the kids being sick, I don’t think that’ll be a problem.”

After a few minutes of relaxing, Ed looked out the passenger window and noticed something. Feeling excited about what he saw, he said, “Is that a mutant horse?” Thinking their friend was being random again, both Eddy and Double D ignored him. Ed then said while pointing, “Honest and for truly guys, I think I see a mutant horse over there!” Eddy shook his head at this, while Double D checked out the drop-shaped window, still in doubt about what Ed was saying. After looking out the window, he couldn’t believe what he was seeing. He was seeing a white unicorn in the Junkyard. He immediately pulled out his notepad and started taking notes from what he was seeing.

Shortly after seeing the white unicorn, he saw a second unicorn, this one, however, was lavender-colored. They both had picked up some of the garbage with their magic, however, the white unicorn looked disgusted after grabbing the pile. Double D then said in excitement, “Eddy! Ed wasn’t lying! I see two unicorns!” After they had set the garbage down, Eddy turned to see them. Eddy being himself, said, “Guys, we pulled a unicorn stunt ourselves. Those could be kids in costumes themselves.” Double D rolled his eyes at this and thought, “Honestly Eddy, what kid could be shorter than you?”

Once the unicorns had left, Double D decided to leave the van and wanted to do personal research on them. Noticing this, Eddy said, “Where ya goin’?” He soon after left the van, with Ed following behind, tripping while he exited the van. Eddy and Double D climbed over some of the garbage and began observing them. After a short while, four other ponies arrived, two of them, adding to Double D’s surprise were pegasi, while the other two were regular ponies, but the thing that surprised him the most was that each of the other equines had a different Technicolor coat.

As they continued to watch, a six-foot blue jay and a raccoon suddenly appeared. The lavender unicorn turned to the blue jay and said, “Did you find anything Mordecai?” Mordecai shook his head at this. After hearing the unicorn speak, Eddy said in shock, “THEY CAN TA-!” Before he could finish his sentence, Double D covered Eddy’s mouth as quickly as he could.

After hearing the random outburst, Rigby asked, “Did anyone else hear that?” Double D then said in a hushed tone, “Ssh Eddy! We don’t want to scare them off.” Ed approached the duo and said, “Scare who off?” They then pulled him down and ducked in an attempt to hide and not be seen by them. The junk they were on, however, had started to rumble, and Jake had stretched out from under them. He said, “Couldn’t find it underground from where I dug.” He then noticed the garbage on his head and brushed it off. After the swipe, he felt a few things grabbing his hand. He checked his hand and saw three kids hanging onto his hand for dear life. He gave them an apologetic look and said, “Oops, sorry.” He then shrunk down in size and set them on the ground. After they let him go, they were left in a state of shock from what they had seen within the last few minutes.

Finn approached the group and said, “I found nothing on my end.” He sees the Eds shaking and said, “Hey, what’s, whoa. What’s got you three scared?” After hearing the new voice, Double D and Eddy stopped shaking and turned to Finn. Eddy said, “Who are you supposed to be?” Finn said, “I’m Finn, and the dog you see is Jake.” Ed continued shaking, but instead of it being out of fear, it was out of excitement. He then grabbed the ponies, Mordecai, Rigby, and Jake into a big hug. Still excited, Ed said, “Look at all these new furry friends’ guys!”

They all struggled to get free, not because of the stronghold he had on them, but because of the bad stench coming from him. Double D seeing this, said, “Ed, let them go!” After doing what he was told, Ed instantly let everyone go. Once they were released, they all took deep breaths, recovering from what they experienced with him.

After hearing the shout, Sonic and the others came around a corner and approached the group. Sonic said, “What’s going on guys?” Tails said, “We heard shouting, is everything all right?” Ed seeing the new animals, as well as recognizing them, just stared at them in shock. Still trying to catch his breath, Mordecai said, “We’re fine, just don’t let that kid hug you. It smells like a skunk died on him or something.” Remembering an encounter she had with a skunk family, Twilight shivered at this and said, “Ugh, please don’t remind me.” Mordecai noticed the glare he was getting from Eddy, he looked behind him and saw that there was no one behind him. He gave him a friendly wave and said, “Um…hello.” Eddy said, “Are you some kind of bird or something?” Feeling confused, Mordecai said, “Uh, yeah. I’m not sure what gave it away, the feathers, or the beak. Why?” Eddy just said, “I hate birds.” Feeling defensive from this, Mordecai said, “Whoa, whoa. Dude, not cool! I don’t even know you, and you’re already like this? And I thought Rigby had problems.” After hearing this, Rigby said, “Hey!”

Before anything could escalate between Eddy and Mordecai, Double D said, “Eddy that was very rude.” He then turned to Mordecai and said, “I’m sorry for Eddy’s bad behavior, it’s just been a bad day for him.” Mordecai said, “Yeah, I guess.” Realization suddenly hit him, and he said, “Where are my manners? My name is Eddward, but my friends here call me Double D, and as you know, this is Eddy, and the tall one that hugged you is Ed.” After hearing this, Mordecai couldn’t help but laugh. He then said, “Wait, Ed, Edd, and Eddy? What are the chances of meeting three kids with the same name?” Hearing this, Rigby said, “Are you serious?” After calming down from his laughter, Mordecai said, “My name is Mordecai, and this is Rigby.” Double D then approached the duo and said, “How is it that you are a blue jay? I’ve never seen one as tall as a person before.” As he was talking to them, he was writing notes down on his notepad. He turned to Rigby and said, “And I’ve never seen a raccoon as big as you. A normal one isn’t that tall; you also look a little bigger than twenty pounds.” Getting annoyed with Double D, Rigby said, “STOP TALKING!” Eddy lightly scoffed at this and said to himself, “If only.”

After feeling his hostility, Double D slowly backed away from Rigby and focused his attention on the ponies. After turning back a couple of pages, Twilight spoke up and said, “Sorry about Rigby’s short fuse.” Double D waived it off and said, “It’s no trouble, I have to deal with Eddy’s temper myself.” Twilight then said, “My name is Twilight Sparkle, and these are my friends, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash. We’re from a town called Ponyville.” As he was writing everything down, he suppressed the urge to laugh at the name of where the ponies had come from. After their introduction, he said, “I’ve never seen any equine like you six before. Two unicorns and two pegasi are one thing, but all of you have very unique and wonderful Technicolor coats.” The ponies smiled at his comment, while Rarity blushed at this and said, “I’m glad someone has a good eye for noticing personal care.”

After he finished talking to the ponies, Double D and Eddy turned to see Ed still staring at Sonic and co. Sonic looked at them and gave them a confused look to see why he was like this. Eddy went to Ed’s side and said, “Hey lumpy, snap out of it!” Ed finally came out of his trance after hearing the sudden outburst and said, “Guys, don’t you recognize who’s here? It’s Sonic and his friends.” Sonic looked at him and said, “You’ve heard about us?” Ed turned back to them and said in excitement, “Who can forget a demonic alien invasion?” Shadow cringed at the mention of the incident with Black Doom, while the others looked on in shock. Twilight said, “An alien invasion?” Amy waved off the question and said, “It’s a long story.” Shadow added, “A VERY long story.”

Ed said, “What brings you to these parts?” Eddy chimed in and said, “And what’s with the traveling petting zoo you got going?” Sonic pulled out the red emerald and said, “We’re here to try and look for one of these.” Ed looked at it admiringly and said, “Cool.” Double D saw the gem and said, “What’s that supposed to be?” Before Sonic could say anything, a familiar voice interrupted him and said, “That would be a Chaos Emerald.” Everyone looked up to see Discord floating above them with a smug look on his face. After seeing the draconequus, Eddy said, “Whoa! Serious freak show!” Discord snapped his talons and a cotton candy appeared next to him. He then made a glass appear in his talon and placed it under the cloud while it rained chocolate milk into the glass.

After getting his glass filled, Discord said, “You haven’t seen anything yet short stack.” Paying no attention to Eddy’s anger, Discord drank his milk as if nothing was wrong. Double D turned to Twilight and was going to ask who the mysterious creature was, but she beat him to the question and said, “That’s Discord, we’re trying to get the emeralds before he does.” Discord appeared between Twilight and Double D and said, “And you will fail on this one just as you did the last. How you may ask? I brought a friend from Tartarus that would just love to meet you.” This knowledge shocked Twilight to no end. Discord snapped his talons and disappeared in an instant.

After he disappeared, Eddy said, “What a load of bunk. We can find that emerald before he can. We know this junkyard like the back of our hands.” He started walking away, but the walk was short-lived as he reached the edge of the spot they were on and almost fell off the edge. Rainbow Dash grabbed him by the shirt just in time and pulled him back. Eddy said, “Thanks Rainbow Dash.” Confused by this, Sonic said, “What happened?” He went to the edge and saw that the entire junkyard was ripped from the ground and was floating in the air.

Before any questions could be asked, Pinkie Pie’s tail started twitching and she said, “My Pinkie Sense! Twitch-a-twitch! Twitch-a-twitch!” Double D looked at her in confusion and said, “Pinkie what?” In an attempt to save him from what she had been through, Twilight said, “You don’t want to go there. Trust me.” After hearing the outburst, Eddy said, “Pinkie Sense? Who writes this stuff?” Pinkie looked at him and casually says, “Writers have nothing to do with it. I named it myself.” Catching how Pinkie said it, Eddy goes to her and asks, “Especially this writer?” Pinkie replies, “Especially this writer.” Before anyone could question anything, they heard flapping in the air. After a few moments, a giant blue demon fell from the sky and landed in front of the group emitting a growl after it landed. The demon’s appearance was a shock to see as it towered over everyone in size. It had two pairs of wings on its back, with another set of wings on its head as makeshift ears, sharp teeth, three fingers and toes, a red spike on its knees and elbows, green blood-shot eyes, and two horns on its head.

Trying to keep a brave face, Mordecai leaned over to Twilight and said, “Twi, please tell me you know what that thing is.” Twilight said, “The demon is known as Zodick. He has been known for trying to take Equestria with his ability to summon an army of monsters at his disposal. He nearly succeeded, until Princess Celestia and Princess Luna put an end to his attack and eventually sealed him in Tartarus. It has been said that the monsters he summoned disappeared after he was sealed away, but some of them have managed to escape into the Everfree Forest for survival.”

After looking it over, Eddy said, “It kinda looks like you Sonic.” Feeling angered by this, Sonic turned to him, pointed at the demon, and said, “That thing looks NOTHING like me!” Zodick laughed at Sonic as he raised his right hand. In an instant, the demon summoned a monster that the Eds recognized. He summoned Edzilla, however, instead of its appearance looking like an assembled mess as Eddy and Double D remembered it, Edzilla had an appearance of a real monster. It still retained its grey color, but instead of it looking leathery, it looked scaly, the two hands that it had were real mouths instead of the makeshift mouths they made, and the suction cups they put on the costume now resembled the suction cups resembling what an octopus would have, a few more tentacles were visible on its upper body, the horns on its head and the spikes on its back appeared sharp. Sonic leaned towards Eddy and said, “Any idea what that thing is?” Eddy slowly nodded his head and said, “That was supposed to be a costume we tried to have Ed wear for an old scam of ours. We never named it ourselves, but we have called it Edzilla, because of how much destruction he can cause.”

Zodick then raised his arm and summoned a traffic cone that had a drawn face on it, an egg that had a drawing on it, and the Piggy Bank Belly Pumper. Once they were out, Zodick used his powers to transform the objects into his army. The traffic cone, which the Eds know as Bob, came to life and took on a monstrous look of its own, the egg that Ed remembered as Double G, had split into twenty-four eggs, each of the eggs grew arms and also had a monstrous appearance, and the Piggy Bank Belly Pumper came to life. After seeing what they were going to deal with, Eddy yelled, “Quick, scatter!” Everyone then splits up to avoid the army Zodick summoned, while Sonic stood his ground, glaring at the demon.


While leaving everyone with Zodick, Discord started looking around the now-empty junkyard for the emerald, but upon looking through the area, he didn’t see it anywhere. He was going to stop his search until he noticed something on the ground. Once he got a better look at it, he said, “Is that the emerald’s imprint?”

As stated, the spot he was looking at was the exact shape of the emerald. He pulled out his emerald and placed it in the imprint, confirming his suspicions. Discord groaned in frustration as realization struck him. He then said, “It just had to be in the ground of the junkyard.” He flew towards the floating land, in hopes of getting to the emerald before Sonic and the others find it before him.


After splitting up, Mordecai realized that he had nothing to use to defend himself against the army that had been summoned. He grabbed a rusted pipe and tried to use it against the traffic cone monster, but it grabbed the pipe and easily tossed it out of Mordecai’s hands. After getting distance from the traffic cone, he hid behind a pile of trash and avoided confrontation with the monster. Shortly after, Finn arrived with his family sword unsheathed as he had stabbed one of the egg monsters with it.

He then noticed that Finn still had a second sword still sheathed in his backpack. He said, “Hey Finn, is it cool if I borrow your second sword?” Finn looked at him in confusion and realized he still had the Root Sword with him and said, “Oh, I forgot I still had this. Sure, go ahead.” Mordecai then pulled the sword out of the pack and felt more confident in himself for the fight. After getting the Root Sword, Rigby was screaming as he ran past Mordecai and Finn, with the traffic cone monster not too far behind him. Mordecai chased after them, ready to help Rigby.

Rigby ran as much as he could to avoid being captured, but he was cornered at a dead end and the traffic cone slowly approached him, taunting him with every step. Rigby shielded his eyes and screamed, believing that it was the end for him. As the traffic cone got closer, Mordecai stabbed the monster from behind, ending its existence and the drawn face was the only feature present on it. After pulling the sword out of the traffic cone, Mordecai said, “You all right dude?” Rigby was still in shock from his encounter, but he was able to reply and said, “I’m fine, thanks.”

Mordecai gave him a thumbs up and the duo left the spot to see if they can help the others. Unknown to them, the traffic cone had started fixing itself and came back to life.


With everyone split up, they had avoided the monsters Zodick summoned as best as they could. Amy put up a fight with her Piko Piko Hammer, but one of the eggs had wrapped its arms around her and the Piggy Bank Belly Pumper machine sucked her up. Everyone tried to put up a fight, but each of them didn’t last long because of the teamwork the Double G monster eggs put for them, and each of them was sucked into the piggy bank machine, trapping them inside.


Back with Sonic, both he and Zodick stared each other down as they prepared themselves in a fighting stance, both of them waiting for the other to make the first move. Zodick clenched his fist and at that moment, Sonic disappeared from Zodick’s sight using Chaos Control. He reappeared in front of him as he threw the first punch. Zodick didn’t feel anything from the hit and attempted to hit Sonic, but because of his speed, he dodged the attack with ease. Zodick curled himself into a ball and launched himself toward Sonic in a spin-dash attack.

Sonic dodged the attack at the last minute and said, “Using my moves won’t do you any good in this fight.” He then swung his right arm, while turning his hand into a fist and he yelled, “Sonic Wind!” In an instant, Zodick was engulfed in a cyclone of sky-blue winds. Sonic thought to himself that the attack would put Zodick in his place, however, since Zodick was still curled into a ball, he bounced around in the Sonic Wind, using the attack to his advantage and he launched himself towards Sonic with great speed. Once Zodick was close enough, he grabbed Sonic and slammed him into the ground.


Edzilla gave chase to the ponies and was close to catching them, but before he could get either of them, they split into six different directions. He looked in each direction and decided to go after what he thought was the slowest one in Twilight. Once he went in her direction, he eventually caught up to her in no time. Mordecai continued his run after he defeated the traffic cone monster and spotted Twilight running, he also saw Edzilla chase after her and without a second thought, he followed them.

Twilight tried to use her magic on Edzilla but found that her magic did not affect the monster. She tried to run, but Edzilla grabbed one of her back hooves with one of his tentacles and prevented her from running any further. He lifted her and was about to eat her, until they heard a voice saying, “YOU PUT HER DOWN RIGHT NOW!!” Before Edzilla could react, Mordecai had leaped into the air and sliced off the tentacle holding Twilight, Edzilla screeched in pain, and Twilight started falling to the ground.

Twilight had her eyes covered while she was falling, Mordecai caught her in his arms before she could hit the ground. She uncovered her eyes and saw that she was in Mordecai’s arms. He looked at her in concern and said, “Are you okay?” Twilight blushed as she looked at him and nodded in response to his question. Before either of them could enjoy the moment, Edzilla grabbed them with one of his tentacles, catching them by surprise.

As they were lifted, Mordecai realized that his arms were still free from Edzilla’s grip. He repositioned his sword and stabbed the mouth of the tentacle they were wrapped in. Edzilla screeched in pain once again and threw them out of his grip. While in the air, Twilight was thrown out of Mordecai’s grip because of the monster, and once they started to fall, Twilight draped her hooves on Mordecai’s shoulders. After feeling her hooves around him, Mordecai thought fast and stabbed the Root Sword into the side of the floating junkyard and prevented them from falling any further.

Edzilla eventually got over the pain that was inflicted on him, and he started searching for Mordecai and Twilight. He craned his head over the edge of the land and tried to see if they were there. After seeing that they were directly under the monster, both Mordecai and Twilight held their breaths, trying not to make a sound, hoping that Edzilla won’t spot them and will leave them alone.

Rainbow Dash saw Mordecai and Twilight get thrown over the edge and sees Edzilla looking for them. Not wanting to have either of them in any more danger, she flew to the monster as fast as she could. Edzilla heard the sounds of wings flapping, taking his focus from looking for Mordecai and Twilight, and was now focused on the pegasus. She flew around him in circles, confusing him with her blinding speed. With the monster in a daze, Rainbow Dash bucked Edzilla in the back of the head. Edzilla rubbed the spot and lightly said, “Ouch.” After getting over his brief moment of pain, he was enraged with Rainbow Dash and started chasing after her.

Thankful to see the monster leave, both Mordecai and Twilight breathed a sigh of relief, glad that Rainbow Dash helped them when they needed it. Mordecai turned to Twilight and said, “Want to get back up there?” Before she could answer, they heard something skidding on the ground, and saw a torn-up glove hanging over the edge. After realizing who it was, Twilight said, “Are you all right Sonic?”


As the Eds ran away from Zodick’s army, they bumped into the Piggy Bank Belly Pumper machine. The trio turned around and split themselves to avoid the machine as best as they could, Ed dug into the trash and buried himself in it, Eddy hid in one of the abandoned cars in the junkyard, while Double D was still being chased, trying his best to hide from the machine. He was unfortunately not able to find a hiding spot, as the piggy bank cornered him and it had raised its snout.

Before anything could be done, the piggy bank was covered in a cyan aura, and it was thrown out of Double D’s way. Double D looked up to see that Silver was the one that had thrown the machine. He turned to Double D and said, “Get out of here now!” After Double D left, the egg henchmen ambushed Silver. He tried his best to fight them off, but unknown to him, Bob had positioned himself on top of the junk pile behind him and had one of the eggs with it. Bob then picked up the egg and threw it with all of its strength at the back of Silver’s head. Once contact was made, Silver was knocked out from the hit. He fell to the ground and was left defenseless from the army. The piggy bank returned and had seen Silver was unconscious. It opened its snout, and sucked him up, trapping him with the others inside.


As Sonic lay on the ground, he spotted something glimmering on the edge of the floating ground. He got himself closer to it, and he saw that it was the blue Chaos Emerald. He reached out and attempted to grab it. Once his hand was on the emerald, he saw the lion paw was on it as well. He looked over the edge to see Discord trying to take it away from him, but the emerald was wedged into the ground and the two of them couldn’t pull the emerald out. As the two glared at each other, Discord yelled, “Finders, keepers!” Sonic glares at him and said, “Loser’s weepers!”

The two continued their struggle with claiming the emerald, but as they fought over it, they didn’t notice Zodick approaching them. It pulled its fist back and was ready to strike Sonic from behind. Sonic sensed the attack coming and he dodged the attack at the last second, unfortunately for Sonic, he was forced to let go of the emerald. With Sonic dodging the attack, Zodick ended up punching Discord in the face instead. Unlike Sonic, Discord still held onto the emerald and with the strength behind Zodick’s punch, he was able to dislodge the emerald from the ground. Discord fell from the floating land with the emerald in his possession, despite getting punched by the monster he broke out of Tartarus, he said with a smirk, “Worth it.” He then snapped his fingers and fell through the portal, returning to the Center of Time.

Sonic rolled away from the punch, but Zodick was relentless as it focused its attention on him and attempted to stomp on the still-rolling hedgehog. Sonic screamed in anguish after he was cornered from his rolling and got stomped on by Zodick, one of its claws stabbed through Sonic’s shoulder. The demon laughed at Sonic’s pain and didn’t hesitate to continue its onslaught. After taking its foot off Sonic, it started punching him into the ground, causing Sonic to continue screaming in anguish as he now realized how strong this monster was.

Meanwhile, with Edzilla, he stopped his assault after hearing the screams and getting a hold of the five remaining ponies wrapped in his tentacles. As they witnessed Zodick’s assault, the ponies couldn’t bear to see Sonic going through such a beating. Fluttershy covered her mouth with both of her hooves, as she looked on with tears in her eyes. While Edzilla was distracted, Finn charged from behind and stabbed his tail. Edzilla screeched once again and let the ponies go. Finn pulled his sword out and said, “I’m the only one you’ll be facing, dish rag!!”

Ed got on top of the piggy bank and once again had torn the machine on its side, freeing everyone that it had captured. Once they were free, Shadow and Silver exited the destroyed machine and rushed to Sonic to help him. Zodick grabbed Sonic’s legs and lifted him to his eye level. He was about to deliver the finishing blow, until Shadow yelled, “Chaos Spear!” A lightning bolt made out of chaos energy fired out of his hand and was shot at the demon. The attack made contact, causing Zodick to focus his attention on Shadow. Zodick tried to attack him with his free hand, but Shadow dodged it and tapped into the cyan emerald’s power, and launched himself toward the demon in a spin-dash attack. After bouncing off the demon, Silver grabbed Shadow with his psychokinesis and threw Shadow at Zodick. They continued this pattern until Zodick threw Sonic toward Silver. He dodged the throw, causing Sonic to fly through some of the garbage. He skidded to a stop and was close to the edge of the junkyard.

As Sonic was catching his breath, he heard a voice from over the edge say, “Are you all right Sonic?” Recognizing the voice belonging to Twilight, he said, “I’ve seen better days. How do we stop this thing?” Mordecai said, “Twi said that the army Zodick summoned will disappear if we send him back to Tartarus.” Sonic then said, “Do you know a spell for that?” Twilight said, “Yes, I know the spell for it, but you’re gonna have to knock him off the edge for it to work.” Sonic smiled at this and said, “Consider it done,” he coughed after his declaration.

He got back on his feet but found it hard to stand after the beating he had taken. He felt pain in his left arm and immediately clutched it. He felt the blood coming from there, and he found it hard to move with how much pain he was feeling, but despite the position he was in, he was still determined to knock the demon off the junkyard. Ed approached him and said, “Need help Sonic?” He said, “I need to attack Zodick and get him off this piece of land. Can you throw me at him?” Ed saluted to this, in his crossed eyes expression. He then grabbed one of the arms on his jacket and said, “Your wish is my lunch.” Before Sonic could question him, Ed skillfully pulled his jacket off and it wrapped around his waist. Sonic then pulled out the red emerald and was ready for his attack. Ed started spinning around slowly and started gaining momentum. After his third spin, he threw Sonic with all his might toward Zodick.

Once he was airborne, he focused on the red emerald and turned into a ball, launching himself in a spin-dash attack. While Silver and Shadow had distracted him, Zodick didn’t see Sonic coming his way as he hit him square in the head, knocking him backward in the process. Seeing that Sonic wasn’t able to continue the spin dash attack, Silver grabbed him with his psychokinesis and threw him at Zodick. Zodick tried to regain his composure, but thanks to Silver, Sonic had hit him once again in the head. After making contact again, he bounced and went into the air. He could have gone further, that is until Knuckles took off into the sky and grabbed Sonic with both hands. Once he gained control, he threw Sonic with all his might at the demon and hit him in the head for the third time. The strength of Knuckles’ throw and Sonic’s spin-dash attack was enough to send Zodick off the floating land. Seeing Zodick fall from the land, Twilight activated her horn, the light raspberry aura covering it, and she opened a portal. It sucked the demon right in and sent it back to Tartarus.

After the demon had fallen through the portal, Twilight activated her horn again and teleported both her and Mordecai back onto the land. They reappeared on the land, Mordecai felt dizzy from the spell and said, “Now that is a spell.” The duo saw Edzilla, the Double G eggs, and Bob transform back to their original forms, leaving everyone cheering, glad to see that they had won the fight. The celebration was short-lived after they saw Sonic land from the last attack and fall to the ground. Sonic was left breathing heavily because of the beating he took from the demon and from the amount of blood he lost, he clutched his shoulder, still in pain from the claw piercing through it.

Everyone gasped at this and cried, “Sonic!” He rolled onto his stomach and tried to get back up, but because of the pain in his left shoulder, he couldn’t hold himself up and he fell to the ground again. Before anyone could go near him, the land started to fall from the sky, causing everyone to panic. Silver acted quickly and placed his hand on the ground. He took a deep breath and, in an instant, the whole junkyard was enveloped in a cyan aura, stopping the fall. Silver kept his focus and he slowly descended the land back to the ground.

With the junkyard back in its place, the others approached the injured hedgehog, hoping he was all right. Fluttershy was the first to arrive next to him. After setting herself on her haunches, she gently turned him onto his back and rested his head on her legs. In the state he was in, everyone thought the worst has happened. Amy came over, worried about this herself. She puts her hand against his chest and felt his chest rise. She said, “He’s breathing, he’ll be okay.” Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief and said, “Thank goodness.” Jake said, “With how jacked up he is? I don’t think so.” He turned to Finn and said, “Do you still have that bottle of Cyclops tears with ya?” While Finn and Jake were talking to themselves, Fluttershy felt Sonic tense up after they mentioned the cyclops’ tears. She looked at Amy in confusion, hoping she can answer a question for her. She went over to her and whispered, “Sonic’s afraid of water.” Surprised from hearing this, Fluttershy gave her a look that said, “Really?” Amy nodded at this, while Finn pulled out the bottle from his pack.

Before Finn could spray Sonic with the bottle, Fluttershy raised a hoof to stop him and said, “Wait.” Finn looked at her questioningly and was going to ask what the problem was, but she said, “I just need a minute with him.” Finn nodded to this and let her talk with Sonic. Sonic was still shaking, but he calmed down a little after he felt a hoof on his forehead. He opened his eyes to see Fluttershy gazing at him with kindness and felt transfixed just looking into her eyes. She then said in a soothing tone, “Shhh, it’ll be okay, Finn just wants to help you, that’s all.” He wanted to protest, but just hearing how assuring she sounded, Sonic closed his eyes and braced himself, as if to say, “Let’s get this over with.” Fluttershy then nodded to Finn, and he splashed him with the cyclops tear, healing Sonic of all his wounds.

Double D was speechless after seeing what had happened, while Ed and Eddy were amazed by it and said in unison, “Cool!” Sonic got back on his feet and said, “Thanks for bringing that bottle, Finn.” Finn shrugged at this and said, “No probs, I kinda had a feeling we were gonna need it.” Eddy released a fake cough to catch Sonic’s attention. After Eddy turned to him, Eddy said, “So, what the heck was up with that Discord guy?” Sonic turned to the ponies and said, “The ponies are more familiar with him, than I am. They’ll tell you everything about him.”

The Eds focused their attention on the ponies, and Twilight said, “Discord is a draconequus that I and my friends had stopped a while ago back in Ponyville.” Double D said, “Draconequus huh? I’ve always heard of animals with multiple animal limbs being called chimeras, this is interesting.” Wanting to get to the point, Eddy said, “So what exactly did Discord do?” Applejack was going to say what she wanted to say about what he could do, but Pinkie interrupted Applejack and said, “Discord has the powers to manipulate reality, cause the animals to misbehave, spread chocolate rain everywhere, and can affect everything that it touches.” Ed said, “And by “effect” do you mean?” Applejack cut him off and said, “By “effect,” she means that I had my corn turned into popcorn, my apples grew at least five times their actual size, and some of the animals had a slight mutation.”

After hearing this, Eddy thought it over and remembered something before seeing that their precious jawbreakers turned into meatballs. Once it was all put together, the identity of their jawbreaker-turned-meatball mystery had been solved. He said, “So that…that…that…” Shadow said, “Jigsaw reject.” Eddy said, “No, not that.” Finn asked, “Well what then?” Eddy was tempted to say what he wanted to say, but he said, “I’d say it, but standards won’t let me.” Everyone, but Ed and Double D, gave him a strange look. He then said, “Anyway, he was responsible for the chocolate rain we had the other day?” The ponies nodded to this. Eddy turned to Double D and Ed and the trio huddled up. He then said, “I had a feeling I smelled chocolate milk that day. Okay boys, now that that mystery has been solved, are you guys good to catch Discord and get some well-deserved payback?” Double D said, “I don’t know, this seems crazier than searching for your brother.” Ed said, “But we’ll have Sonic and the others to help.”

The rest of the group looked at each other in confusion, wondering what the Eds were doing. After a moment, the Eds turned around to face everyone. Eddy said, “Can we join you guys on this journey?” Sonic said, “Any reason for this? I don’t mind the company, I just wanna know.” Eddy said, “Let’s just say, we got a bone to pick with Discord.” Sonic turned to everyone and said, “Anyone mind if these three join us?” Everyone shook their heads at this and with that, Ed, Edd, and Eddy joined the group to get the Chaos Emeralds. Tails looked over the radar and found one emerald three hundred miles away from where they were in the east. Sonic raised his hand, holding the red emerald, and used chaos control, teleporting everyone out of the Cul-de-Sac and they left for the next emerald’s location.

Author's Note:

12/7/22 Chapter Updated