• Published 29th Jan 2012
  • 8,254 Views, 1,030 Comments

Making the Best of It - Dark Lightning



2 brothers find the city of ponyville, expecting the time of theiir lives.

  • ...
35
 1,030
 8,254

Picnic TIME!!!!!

Chapter 7: Picnic TIME!!!


As I was finally heading to Sweet Apple Acres, I began to notice something, I was hungry as HELL! I haven't eaten anything but some Apples I got from AppleJack yesterday.Wait.....can it be? YES! Its a bakery,hey its that giant gingerbread house where I meet Cyan again.

As I landed on the ground and went inside, my nostrils were filled with the sweet scent of sweets from cupcakes to cookies to cakes! They had it all, I believe my mouth was watering but my eyes were too focused on the sweets to notice...
Calm myself,I said to no-one in parcticular, just gotta get some help here....OH a bell.

When I rang the bell, an orange stallion came from behind and said to me,"Well Hi there son, we haven't seen you here before, you new here?"

"Yeah. actually I am, me and younger brother moved here yesterday."

"Well what would you like?"

"I guess I'll have 5 of those cupcakes over there, how many bits?"

"That'll be 10 bits."As I paid the stallion, I learned that his name was Mr.Cake, he had a wife named Mrs.Cake, and they had a worker named Pinkie Pie.He told me she went out earlier with some unicorn, wonder who it was. He also gave me some advice, he told me,"Since your new here, Pinkie will throw you a suprise party, so watch out."

I liked him(NOT IN A HOMOSEXUAL WAY!!!) he was one of those guys that you could talk to if you have a problem, as I left, and while eating one of the cookies(Those cookies are to DIE for) I flew over to Sweet Apple Acres.


(Cyans POV)


"Well I guess I better go and meet Pinkie at SugarCube Corner then." After amazing the Apple Family some more for a few hours I noted the time and decided to leave.I mean I didn't want to break a promise I made to Pinkie.
She is pretty much the only friend I have since we got here, well I mean theres AppleJack, but I feel more connected to Pinkie, like we have this bond between us that is like a great friendship that can't be broken, now thats cool.
We'll I guess I'm close since I can smell the sweets from here.

"OhHICyan.ForaminutethereIthoughtyouwouldn'tcomeandIthoughtthatIwasgoingtobeallsadbutyourheresolets
getamoveonSHALLWE!?!?!"

"WELL LETS GO!!! I can't wait to see all your other friends!"

"Well alright, follow me!" With that we made our way over to some medow, gotta say, its pretty nice and comfy ther, like the PERFECT place for a picnic.
As we started setting up,I saw another pony come, she was a purple unicorn with a purple mane with a pink stripe going throught it and a star with little stars by it, I see she has a book with her, what an egghead, I bet my brother would dig her, he did have many types he thought fond of.Can't remember if dorky is one of them.....

'Well hey there Pinkie, and who are you might I ask? I have never seen anypony like you here before,My name is Twilight Sparkle,......AND WHERE DID YOU GET THAT ELEMENT OF HARMONY NECKLACE?!?!?!"


I saw that she was pointing at the necklace that was our family airlume for over 3 generations.Dark said it was the only thing he could find that was still intact after the so called war, I promised Dark that I would treasure it with my life sinc they used to belong to our parents, now they belong to us, and I wasn't going to let some EGGHEAD try and take it.With the way she just talked and how she's coming toward me, I only pressumed that she wanted the necklace or the so called ELEMENT OF HARMONY NECKLACE, whatever that was.

"THERE'S ANOTHER ELEMENT OF HARMONY?!?!? No that can't be, I haven't read anything about it....


"Oh Twilight, lighten UP! This is a picnic remember? Were her to have FUN!!! You can worry about that later, but for now were here to relax with these Cupcakes we made! Oh I almost forgot, this is my good friend Cyan Oasis, he came here with his Older brother yesterday. So we meet,talked, we have a lot in common and he even got a JOB already.He'll be working with me in 2 days at SugerCube Corner, ain't that right Cyan!

"Yeah.......so anyway......LOOK who's that mare coming!"

"As they all turned there head, they saw who was coming. It was a white-coated mare, saphire blue eyes and 3 diamonds as cutie marks, her mane was a deep purple.....she seemed like one of those snotty high class ponies, Oh how I hate them.

"Sorry I'm late darling its just that Sweetie Bell and here friends were......OH HE-LLO, well hello darling, my name is Rarity, one of the greatest fashion designers in all of Equestria, what is your name,huh?"

Knew it, shes one of those bitchy stuck up mares who think there SO great, well since she's Pinkies friend, might as well deal with her.

"Well hey, my name is Cyan Oasis, me and my older brother just came here yesterday."


"Well if any of you two ever need anything, don't be afraid to come to the Carousel Boutique, its were I work and right by SugerCube Corner darling."


"Could you please stop calling me darling, and yeah, I'll tell Dark about you."


"Don't you talk to her like that you jerk!" As I looked beside Rarity, I saw what I presumed to be a baby dragon-A DRAGON?!?!?!? OH SHIT!!!!!


"DON'T WORRY RARITY I'LL STOP THAT BEAST!!!" With that I prepared one of my best moves.........THE TSUNAMI!!!!


"WHO YOU CALLING A BEAST- OH MY GODDESSES......... WHAT IS THAT!?!?!?!" He was only like a few feet from me when I finally yelled,"SAY HELLO TO TSUNAMI!!!"


I was prepared to throw my attack from him until I was "Hit" in the back of the head, and went down.......K.O.



(MY POV)

As I landed on the entrance of Sweet Apple Acres, I saw Bic Mac plowing some fields, so I went up to him and asked him,"Hey Mac, you seen AppleJack?"

"Eeuyup."

"Where is she?"

He moved his head over and I could see her bucking some apples,so with that I silently flew behind her and yelled,"AJ YOU READY!?!?"

"I guessed I suprised her since she tried to buck ME, but with MY speed, I easily moved out of the way.
"Wow, AJ calm down, I ain't gonna bite....much.

"What in tarnashions were you doing screamang in mah ear like that!?!?!"

"Well I'm sorry AJ, just wanted to know if you were ready to go to the picnic......

"We'll I guess I'm sorry too, well lets get a move on then, shall we, I can't wait tah show you my friends!"

"Well I can't wait."

"So long Big Mac, I'll be back in a bit!!

"Eeuyup"


As we left, I couldn't help but notice some of the places we walked by, I saw fruit stands, candy stores, a clothes place called The Carasoul Butique, and SugerCube Corners again. I also saw high above me the weather factory were they make rainbows and rain and sunny days and all that other crap.

As we got closer and closer to our destination, she questioned me about stuff, like my past, why I came here, you know, the obvious stuff that you would ask a new pony. I always replied with the simpliest answers I could give and I guess she accepted that.


When I got there, I couldn't believe my eyes.......Cyan was there, and so were 3 other mares plus a baby dragon.
I saw the look Cyan had, anger, and I saw what he was forming, his favorite move, THE TSUNAMI.
So I did what any good brother would do, I went up to him as fast as I could and slapped him in the back of the head.
I guess I over did it since after that he just layed there on the grass.

"OH FUCK!!!" I checked his breathing,he was alright, he didn't get a concussion, just knocked out, he was alright.


As I looked at the other side, I saw that dragon laughing a bit at my brothers mis-fortune since I herad him say,"Dweeb.....Idiot.......Dumbass......Duh." As I keep hearing this I did what was most sensable to me......teach him a LESSON.

So as I walked up to him, I saw the white mare move out of the way, leaving him to face up to ME.


"So....you think its fun to see others get mis-treated, or hurt?" My voice had no emotions, as I was real pist.....

"Well, um.....I..."

"Leave him alone."

I turned my back and stood starring into the eyes of the Purple Unicorn, the white one was standing by her.

"Or What?"

"Or this......

With that single sentence I flew at them, but I didn't hit them, or maim then, instead I just went as fast as I could towards them,went up, then down, and now I stand in the back of them,I guess since they used their eyes instead of there senses, I guessed to them it appeared that I "teleported" behind them.
And thats when I burst out laughing.


"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!
"You guys are WAY to fun."

"Excuse me?" The purple one asked me, she had that book wormish attitude,weird.

''Well don't you see, you guys standing up for the dragon, me knocking my brother out, the pink one over there just eating the cupcakes, its just a funny scene. I mean you 2 looked so serious, and this is a picnic, lighten up!"

After my whole speech, and some more explaining, I got them to calm down and let me introduce myself and all.So I learned that the Purple unicorn is called Twilight Sparkle, star pupil of Princess Celestia.
The white one was called Rarity, greatest desiger in all Equestria, or so she says.
The Pink one is named Pinkie Pie, she is the one that works at SugerCube Corner and brought my brother here.
And the dragons name is Spike, hes Twilights #1 assistant, and by the way he looks at Rarity, I think he has a crush on her.
As we were talking, I saw a yellow pegasus caring for my little brother.Twilight told me her name was Fluttershy and that she was like the medic around here.She also told me she was very shy. After about 30 minutes of caring for Cyan, she came to me and told me that he was going to be alright.

After about another 30 minutes of Introducing myself I told them about where I came from and how we came to be here.
They were a bit sad about what happened to my parents and all, but I comforted them to not take it so harshly.
We were all having a GREAT time, eating cupcakes,laughing,telling each other stories from our past.
Then I fucking remembered that I hadn't given them my name!


"OH MY GODDESES! I forgot to tell you all my name! My name is-


"Dark Lightning.........................


''Who the Hell- thats when I saw her,the same rainbow mane, the same rainbow tale, the arrogance and cockyness in her voice, it was NO doubt who it was........


"Rainbow Dash.........................



OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!! SHITS ABOUT TO GO DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!! ME VS RAINBOW DASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WELL HOW I ALWAYS SAY...................BRING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SO YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT RIGHT?!?!?! OH YEAH, WHO DO YOU GUYS THIN IS GOING TO WIN?!?!?!?!?

AS ALWAYS BITCHES!!!!!!!

SEEYA!!!!!!!!