• Published 29th Jan 2012
  • 8,258 Views, 1,030 Comments

Making the Best of It - Dark Lightning



2 brothers find the city of ponyville, expecting the time of theiir lives.

  • ...
35
 1,030
 8,258

THE RACE!!!!

CHAPTER 10: THE RACE!!!!


SO HERE WE ARE.......THE RACE.....WELL I GUESS ITS ABOUT TIME HUH, WELL LETS JUST GET THIS OUTTA THE WAY SHALL WE?
I MEAN ITS NOT LIKE ITS IMPORTANT OR SOMETHING............CAUSE IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!
SO ALRIGHTY THEN, LETS GET A MOVE ON THEN.....SHALL WE?


I wasn't lying when I said that I had never seen anything like this before. The whole place looked.....peaceful,but I knew that wasn't the case....Rainbow wouldn't chose something "Peaceful" for something like this.

What also suprised me was the SHITLOAD of ponies that were at the starting line....WAIT? SINCE WHEN DO WE HAVE A STARTING LINE!?!?!?

"Um.....if anypony could tell me.....where did all the ponies and the starting line come from?"


"Oh thats easy silly. After I learned that the race was going to be here, I just invited any pony I saw, I invited Lyra,Bon Bob, Big Macentosch, The Cutie Mark Crusaders, A LOT of other ponies, 2 of the wonderbolts which are over there *she points to the right and saw 2 recognizable ponies, Spitfire and Soarin. WAIT SPITFIRE AND SOARIN?!?!?!
THEY ARE LIKE MY IDOLS!!! I've always dreamed of joining the WonderBolts.....and know may be my chance.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh!!!" Me and Rainbow said in unison.
We then both turned our head and starred at each other, and then we started to walk towards each other and I was the first one to talk.

"I was thhinking about beating you just so I can stay, but now that I know that The WONDERBOLTS are here, I'm going to beat you even faster...so that I can show them how AWESOME I am, maybe even after the race they'll invite me to hang out, or invite me to join them, OR maybe even-


"Woah,woah,woah,woah......YOU think that you have a chance with them? If anypony's going to impress them....IT'S GOING TO BE ME!!!

I only stared at her, fire growing in my eyes. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.....another pony was trying to ruin my dreams, like ponies before her, and other ponies, and other ponies.........BUT I proved them ALL wrong.
Like that doctor who told my parents that I would never be able to fly due to my oversized wings, well I FUCKING flew the next month, so after 5 years I went to his office and KICKED his flank to the GROUND!!! He was just one of the ponies(and If I named others I would have taken a SHITLOAD of space on this paper)that doubted me....and she was going on that list.


"Well then we'll just have to see, now won't we.*a smile appered over my face* Right now, we shall see the best flyer in all of Ponyville."


"More like all of Equestria my young pupil."

"Young Pupil? What are you talkin abou- My words cut short as a white alicorn stood in-front of me, Princess Celestia.

"Prin-Prince-Princess CELESTIA?!?!?! *I bowed and then got up again* What are YOU doing here?"

"Well my young one, I am here to see one of the Elements of Harmony compete,it is Rainbow Dash is it not?"

"Yeah,but Princess, what are the Elements of Harmony? I mean, I know that you used them to defeat your sister when she turned evil and all, but who are the new holders of them? Oh and what do they look like?"

"Well I think that my star pupil can answer your questions."

*Twilight appears from who knows where* "Well Dark, after Nightmare Moon came back and brought darkness for about a couple of hours, me and the rest of my 5 friends-

Wow, twilight is SO boring, thank godnneses I'm able to tune most of this out, I bet before she got to Ponyville she didn't even have friends, what a loser. Crap, she just stooped talking, okay me...nod *nods* alright she's continuing to talk, how much longer is she going to be at this, like FOR REAL. I have a race to beat and a new part-time house to live in, okay she's reaching her conclusion, might as well listen to what she has to say.

"So thats when I learned that I wielded the Element of Magic while Pinkie got the Element of Laughter,Applejack the Element of Honesty,Fluttershy the Element of Kindness,Rarity had the Element of Generosity and Rainbow got the Element of Loyalty, all clear?"


"Huh, uh yeah I guess......but what do they look like?'' Just then Twilight pulled a book from FUCKING nowhere. I mean it just popped out of THIN AIR......WTF, but whatever.

"Well here we have a picture of the elements. On this next page we have the elements themselves. And over here.......I mean lets just skip that page,heh,heh."

"Why?" I saw that she had started to sweat nerviously, and then she sighed and said,"Alright I'll tell you." I noticed that the rest of her friends started to surround her as well, wanting to know what we were talking about....Nosy douchbags.

"Well.......I....-

"HEY DARK!!! Are we gonna race or WHAT!?!?" rainbow was growing more and more impatient by the minute, seeing me talk with Twilight for about 10 minutes must have infuriated her, thinking I'm just trying to waste time.

"Oh you KNOW IT!!!" I was scyked for this, a life or death situation...and it was exciting as FUCK!

I was about to go and meet Dash when I heard some fillies yelling. Normally I'd ignore that since that ain't MY problem,but since they were fillies, I guess I could see what the fuck was happening.

"RAINBOW IS THE BEST AND SHE IS GOING TO WIN!!!"

"NO! The other guy is going tah win, I saw him witha my sister and I saw how he AppleBucked, he was FAST. Evan faster than Dash, so ah still'a think he is going to a win."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS? Rainbow Dash is the coolest pony in ALL of EQUESTRIA! She's fast,she's cool, she's AWESOME, and she's the ONLY pony to break the Sound Barrier!


"Well, that can be debatetable my young filly."


"Hey, who are you calling a fi- she then turned around expecting to see some random pony but what she saw startled her.
It was a black pegasus with an AWESOME red and black mane and tail, and DEEP black eyes that looked like 2 bottomless pits.

"Um.......Hi?"

"Well hey, oh hey AppleBloom."

"Well heyya there, WAIT.....how do yah know mah name?"

"Well I am the pegasus that tied with your sis AJ yesterday, and my brother IS staying with your family...so thats how I know you I guess."

"OH YEAH! Cyan is SO cool, did yah know he can CONTROL water? I mean we saw him move it in air!"
Ah SHIT! We can't let all these ponies find out we have powers.....think Dark think....AHA!!!

"Well he IS a unicorn, so I guess thats how he could do that." Nice Dark...Smooth.

"Oh, well where is Cyan? I want to play with him again, hes REAL fun!"

"Oh.....Cyan is.....*looks to his left and sees him STILL knocked out*he's just sleeping, he'll seeya later alright AppleBloom?"

"Well alright, seeya later then, oh ponyfeathers...I forgot yar name!"

"Heh, the names Dark, Dark Lightning."

"Well goodbye Dark."

"Seeya AppleBloom." I saw as she walked over to her sister and began talking to her, I then turned my head over to the orange filly. When I saw her, my smile went away. She was MAD! She had a purple mane, and an orange coat, she had a scooter proped up next to a tree. What was weird was that she looked A LOT like Dash, maybe their sisters or something.
But why is she SO mad? It's pretty funny actually...looks like a mini-Dash.


"So.....Squirt? Why you mad?" She stared DAGGERS at me, you could literally cut the tension there with a knife.

"Don't....call....me...squirt." Okay she is pissing me off with her stupid bravado act, so time to take HER down a notch.

"AND what are you going todo about it? By the way,why are you so mad at ME?! What did I do to YOU?"

She lets out a huff of air and begins "Well you see Mister Dark,(Hah, Mister)me and AplleBloom were arguing on who would win this race. I just KNOW that Rainbow is going to win."

"And why is that?"

"Well cause she's FAST,she's COOL, she's not afraid of ANYPONY! And also she IS the only pegasus ever to perform a Sonic RainBoom in at all in History. So thats why I know that Rainbow is going to win against that wannabe loser she's racing against.

*Left eye Twitches* "Well little one, I'm sorry to tell you, but she's going to lose, and WHEN she loses....I'll win and ruin her pride."

"What do you mean you'll win?" But before I answered I jumped up into the air and flew to the starting line.

"What did he mean by that?" Her eyes opened up like saucers as she then understood what I had meant.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"MARES AND GENTLECOLT OF ALL KIND!!!WATCH NOW AS ME, RAINBOW DASH, PUT THIS GUY IN HIS PLACE!!!!!
*A LOT of screams and Shouts later* I SHALL BE VICTORIOUS AND PROVE THAT I AM THE BEST FLYER IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA!!!! *People Start shouting "RAINBOW,RAINBOW,RAINBOW!!!!"*

I looked all around me and ponies of all kind had Rainbow realated stuff like a sigh saying something motivational to Rainbow Dash, others were yelling her name, and others were wearing these silly fake Rainbow manes....how pathetic.
I guess all the attention just keep feeding her ego since she then started todo these moves in the air Well I guess this attracts peoples attention because I don't even think the've noticed me.....time to change that.

"Hmmm, what can I do to make ponies pay attention to ME?! Wait I know....humiliate the competition...that always worked in ColtsVille. Nah, I want her in full health so when I beat her the better, WAIT I KNOW! I have to outshine her, so what can I do to make me look even MORE awesome....hmm....well there is that one technic.....fine I'll do it....Its time to bring in my Lightning Strike."

*Charges energy into Hoof* "Well this will certainly get their attention,*flicks hoof* woah that is fast."
I then saw as my strike of lightning went to the nearest cloud, and then came out of it and struck some place in the Everfree forest.

After my lightning attack hit the forest, I expected a wildfire to apper,but it didn't...must have hit something then, but WHO knows what?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Angel Bunny was not having a great day. In the morning of today while refusing to take a bath, a magical orb hit him, shocked him, and made him take a bath. He was now in a cast and could not move his legs. Nothing could be worst than this, well atleast he had his carrots in the bowl over there that he could easily reach.
Suddenly, he heard something CRASH through another window, he didn't know what to do so he just tiped himself over.
He thought it was a good idea but then he began to cry in horror as he saw what had happened. Another magical orb had came,but was MUCH longer than the first one and wasn't exactly an orb but a ray. He saw that it crashed throught his house, and DESTROYED his carrot bowl and all the carrots that were in it, he weeped until he couldn't cry no more at the lost.
(SO THATS WHERE IT WENT......HAH,FUNNY)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


All the ponies were now staring at me. It felt weird, not weird that they were staring, but how they were doing it.
So after them looking at me for about 5 minutes, I finally broke the silence,"Well lets get the show on the road, shall we?"
A lot of them agreed and returned to the bleachers(OR WHATEVER, THE SIDELINES I GUESS)
I finally got to the starting line and looked at Dash. She had an expression less face....reminds me of the SlenderPony.
I saw that she had sweat dripping from her brow,and she had her tongue stiking out, ready for the time of her life I guess.

Since I knew what could happen without this, I began to stretch. I stretched my wings,my hindlegs,forelegs,neck,torso,back, you name it. You need to be flexible so you gain more speed, its simple math really, but it would take a while to explain so SCREW that. I then started to do some back flips and front flips to exercise my back and get my blood flowing. I saw Dash staring and I asked her,"WHY are you staring? What, do you like what you see?"
I guess I got the blood moving.....to HER FACE! Cause I saw that blush, she tried to hide it, but I saw it.


I then set myself up, with my ass in the air, ready to propel myself off at any given moment. I looked at Dash and caught her looking at me, this was going to be fun.

A Pony with a Microphone as a CM came up and stood up on the podium. (SERIOUSLY, WHERE THE FUCK DID WE GOT ALL THIS STUFF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!........WHATEVER.)

"LADIES AND GENTLECOLTS!!! HERE WE HAVE A RACE TO END ALL RACES!!! ON OUR LEFT WE HAVE THE ONE, THE ONLY.......RAINBOW DASH!!!! *Rinbow bows and waves at the crowd* AND ON OUR RIGHT WE HAVE THE MYSTERIOUS CHALLENGER NAMED-(BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)
As you guys can guess, he was starting to PIST me off, so I did the only thing that I thought was reasonable, melt his microphone so he could SHUT UP!!! That buzzing was the Mic then malfunctioning and exploding later on.

Ponies wanted my name? Alright.......I'll make them see my name in the SKY!!! So I did the most reasonable.......I BURNED MY NAME IN SKY!!!! So I just need to cast Lightning Shards and the rest is on its own.
*Shards appear in hand* Alright *Flicks Hoof* and there you go.
MIllions of ponies watched in aw as the shards went to the sky and rearanged themselves to spell the name,"DARK LIGHTNING." Now that shit looked RAW!!! It was amazing, and what made it better was when the shards then EXPLODED into sparkling dust or something.

The crowd ROARED with enthusiasm yelling out the name DARK, again and again and again and again. Those who were not cheering were in AW and those who were not in AW were sticking with Rainbow Dash. As I looked at Rainbow Dash she was trying to regain some of her "previous fans" but resist to me was futile. I HAD ARRIVED.

So after about 5 minutes of cheering, we went back to the starting line, I looked to the left and saw a mad Dash, to my right were fans of me and I even saw the princess smiling....a creepy smile. Weird.....
The announcer then came with a NEW microphone and said,"LET THE RACE BEGIN!!!!!!"


"ON YOUR MARK...........GET SET................................GO!!!!!!!!!!

I never knew I could feel so much excitement in my ENTIRE LIFE. The minute the a "referee" said Go.....I was up and dove down the cliff. WOW, I have NEVER flown like THIS before. It felt AMAZING! All the room and the noise even thought annoying from the crowd. All the freedom was like NOTHING I've ever felt!!!
The Speed, the adrenaline, the wind in my MANE!!! I LOVED IT!!!
But, some Rainbow BITCH had to ruin the moment. I didn't notice what Rainbow was preparing to do. Since my eyes were shut, I couldn't evade it, I could have tried, but it was too late.

As we were entering this GINOURMOUS cave, I felt a tugging sensation. I didn't mind it since it was sorta difficult to fly threw with all the wind but thats when I was pulled in into some sort of suction.
Since I didn't know what was happening I didn't have time to stop myself from being sucked into a.............A RAINBOW TORNADO?!?! Thats right folks, a Rainbow Tornado...WTF!

As I was being turned and turned in the tornado I saw the EVIL Dash get out of the tornado, smirk in my direction, dust herself off, and start making faces at me, that BITCH!

"Rainbowww......Dashhhh.....whennnn.....I...getttt....outtaaaa....hereeee.....you'reeeeee......gonnaaaa.......gettttt......ittttt!!!!!!"
I couldn't believe Rainbow Dash was CHEATING!!! My god, I think I'm going to barf.....wait, if this is going clockwise at about 30 miles per hours, then I shouldn't fight the force. Accept it....yeah, its SIMPLE PHYSICS!!!!! Thanks YOU Cyan.

As I turned, I felt the force of the wind PUSH me faster and faster until I had left the tornado and now was going throught the gourge at great speeds!

I saw that I was getting closer and closer to Dash, her not hearing me come by and.....CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?
Her eyes were CLOSED! This gave me the edge since I passed her without her noticing and and now......I'M IN THE LEAD AGAIN BITCHES!!!!! I bet Rainbow is all thinking about how AWESOME she is.

"Heh,heh,heh..." I almost didn't notice the giant thorn plants until It was too late, but when I saw them I came to a screeching halt.

"How the fuck am I supposed to get across this? Hmmmm.......OF COURSE!!! FROM ABOVE!!! (I KNOW I HAD TO GO THROUGH BUT FUCK THAT)"

As I was going over the Grassy Terrain, a thought occured to me......revenge. So as always, I began to think.
Hmmm......Revenge ain't always easy, so how should I do this? I could wait for her to get here and trap her with something, like a forcefield.....or maybe I could....*looks at giant vines* I could set them on fire and watch from afar as Dash tries to find a way to get across....OR MAYBE I'LL JUST DO BOTH!!!

"BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA- *Cough,Cough* Wow, EPIC FAIL! But lets get this over with."
*Shoots Lightning Bolt at 5 areas of the landscape and watches fire come to life* "Yeah....FUCK YEAH!!!" I watched as the flames grew and grew to hights inamaginable....thats EPIC.

"Lets see Rainbow go through this....heh,heh,heh."

"I already did chump."

"WHAt?!?!?" I turned my head and saw Rainbow Dash sneak up behind me and take the lead.....DAMMIT!!!!
"Not on my watch you don't....but before I go....*shots a lightning bolt on a cloud and makes it rain on the fire* don't want to get that out of hooves."

"I'M COMING DASH!!!" *Speeds Off*


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


"Um Twilight....if you don't mind me asking, um could you please tell me, um who is winning....if thats alright with you that is."


"Well sure Fluttershy, well right now it looks like there both neck and neck so far.....

"Well Twilight, if you ask me, I think that Dark fellow is surely going to beat Dash,no offense but he does seem faster."

"How could yah say somethang like that Rarity?This is Dash were a talking about. Surely she has a plan up her sleeve."

"Well I don't know about you girls, but he does seem cute, wouldn't you agree Twilight?"

"Well, I...um....OH LOOK! DARK IS TAKING THE LEAD!!!"

"He IS?!?!"

"Yeah, he is, oh no Rainbow has caught up to him, man its like they both want to win so badly."

"Well we can just stay here and wait to see who wins."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"DAMMIT RAINBOW STOP PUSHING!!! I ALMOST GOT EATEN BY ONE OF THOSE GIANT WORMS DAMMIT!!!!"
Me and Rainbow were head to head. We had just passed these worm like things a while ago and it almost ATE ME!!!!

"I ain't letting you win Dark....I'M WIINING THIS!!!"

"LIKE HELL YOU ARE!!!!" As we were going faster and faster, I noticed something, a cone was starting to form infront of Rainbow Dash, and....HOLY CRAP! A cone was forming around ME TOO! I didn't know what to do or say, so I let my actions speak for themselves and just keept on flying, wondering to know what these cones were about to do.
I let out a smile as I saw that Rainbow was doing the same.


Rainbow's POV

"Ah YEAH!!!" This race is in the BAG! I can see my signature Sonic RainBoom starting to form, this is going to be HISTORY!!!

"Sorry Dark, but you LOSE!"


My POV



"Sorry Dark,but you LOSE!" Was all I heard until I heard 2 explosions from behind me. I was propeled forward like if I was shot from a cannon, and I LIKED IT!!!
I now saw the finish line, and I knew I was going to win....but then the UNTHINKABLE happened.....I looked to my left and saw RAINBOW DASH with a rainbow trail behind her with the same goal in mind.
I could only watch in grief as we both then crossed the finish line and keept on going. We both looked at each other and did what we thought was right.....we then flew north and then turned 90 degrees in the opposite direction....and went in for a CRASH COURSE COLLISION!!!

Luckily we then both came to a halt, starring right into each others eyes, notblinking........................................................that was until she kissed me.When I first received it I was all like, "WHAT THE FUCK IS SHE DOING?!?!?!" But after a couple of minutes she stopped and smiled at me. I didn't know what to do so I just stared at her like some diseased animal.
She then turned away, and said, "See ya later at my house....winner."

I then saw as she left and flew west....I was still in shock as I landed on the ground, as ponies were all congradulating me, and as I saw her fly away. I didn't think I wanted to know what was going to happen when I moved in later today, I mean right now it was about 7:30 since we started the race pretty late......what I did think was what I was going to do next.
Some ponioes asked me what happened with me and Rainbow since they didn't see what happened, but I couldn't answer.....I was still way too freaking shocked.


YEAH, YOU READ WHAT HAPPENED, I HOPE SOME OF YOU DON'T TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY AND THINKL ITS CLICHE, BUT DON'T WORRY, HEARTS AND HOOVES IS TOMMOROW AND I KNOW WHAT I HAVE PLANNED AS A CHAPTER FOR THEN......SO AS ALWAYS....

SEEYA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO GO THINK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED.......