• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,546 Views, 58 Comments

Golden-O-Seven, Double Eye - Trigger_Finger



Twilight finds her brother's old N64 along with a certain videogame that she soon finds irresistible

  • ...
0
 58
 1,546

Chapter 8: Chaos ensues

Spike entered the living room to find both Dash and Angel playing Goldenpony. “Where’s Fluttershy?” Spike asked. Both Dash and Angel shrugged without even looking at him.

“Fluttershy dropped Angel off here. Said that Angel wanted to come here to be watched rather than be left alone” Dash informed the young dragon. Spike raised an eyebrow. That was the first he’d ever heard of Angel wanting to be watched over by some-pony other than Fluttershy.

“Where’s Twilight?” Spike asked and Dash pointed towards the kitchen. Spike nodded and proceeded to the kitchen where Twilight was cooking home fries and slicing oranges.

Twilight noticed her young dragon. “Morning Spike…everything okay?” she asked as she noticed his somewhat distraught look.

“Twilight… can we talk about something?” Spike asked. Twilight nodded as she took off her pan holders and trotted over to Spike. They both sat at the table.

“What’s going on Spike?” she asked and Spike looked back to the duo playing Goldenpony.

“I could ask you the same thing” he replied, wondering why exactly Fluttershy would have let Angel play that violent game, or if she even knew about him playing it at all.

“Well Dash stayed overnight, Fluttershy dropped Angel off this morning and I’m cooking breakfast. That leaves just you” Twilight told her young dragon.

Spike let out a sigh then began. “Twilight… I know you love that game but… it gives me nightmares and I was wondering if… if you could cut back on playing it?” Spike asked. The question took Twilight off guard.

‘He was frightened by Goldenpony? Why? It’s not like it’s a scary game?’ Twilight wondered to herself then spoke her thoughts. “It scares you?” she asked and Spike nodded. Twilight felt her heart sink.

“Ohh Spike, I’m so sorry. I didn’t know. I promise that I’ll cut back on the gaming if it’ll make you feel better” Twilight apologized.

Smoke filled the air. “Hey Twilight! Are you burning something?” Dash called out and Twilight gasped as she realized that she had left her potatoes cooking without some-pony watching.

She lept out of her chair to see that the potatoes had burned and the heat had lit the nearby window drapes on fire. “AHHHH the drapes are on fire!” Twilight screamed and quickly used her magic to turn on the tap then directed the flowing water at the flame engulfed drapes.

The drapes were soon put out with minimal damage to the home, minus the burnt window drapes and the goddess awful stench. Dash had rushed into the kitchen just as Twilight had screamed in shock but couldn’t really do much to help.

“Wow… that smells… pretty bad, and that’s putting it nicely” Dash commented. It resulted in a snicker from everyone except Angel who wasn’t present. The iconic death music from Goldenpony echoed and Dash looked back to see that Angel had kept playing and was now killing her character again and again while she was away.

“Hey Angel! That’s cheating” Dash cried out and raced back over into the living room. Twilight looked to Spike with a heartwarming smile.

“Well… those two will be playing all day” Twilight said as she levitated over her wallet and pulled out a few bits. “Here, take some money and go play with the cutie mark crusaders for the day” Twilight offered her dragon and Spike’s face brightened up.

“Really?” he gasped as he took the money graciously. Twilight nodded and Spike zipped out of the library to go looking for his friends. He planned on going to the fair with them, which was in town for a few days.

Twilight smiled and looked over to the burnt breakfast. She mouthed her tongue around as her stomach grumbled. She really didn’t feel like cleaning the mess then cooking breakfast again.

“Hey Dash, wanna order pizza?” Twilight asked to her friend who was constantly cursing as Angel absolutely destroyed her.

“Yeah sure. I’ll have uhm… Hawaiian I guess” Dash called out and Twilight dialed the local pizza store and ordered two extra-large pizzas, figuring that Angel could have some of hers.

Twilight began to wash and clean the mess made from her botched cooking as Dash continued to play Goldenpony with Angel.

They were in the map ‘Bunker’ and Dash was trying furiously to kill Angel but to no success. She had learned that the little yellow arrows could be used to aim up and down while still moving and she tried to keep her aim low but still found it difficult to even land a shot on the small character.

“Seriously Angel, you’re changing your character after this” Dash muttered in frustration.

Angel quickly zipped up behind her and blasted her with a Moonraker laser. In her frustration Dash grabbed her mane and pulled it. “Guuhhhhh” she groaned in utter frustration as Angel continued to mop the floor with her (Figuratively speaking)

The match finally ended with Angel winning with a 32-7 victory. Dash’s head dropped in self-disappointment. “Alright… Angel, seriously you’re changing your character” Dash muttered and chose character select.

Dash chose Alec but Angel once again chose Oddjob. “Gah! Angel don’t be the midget” Dash exclaimed and chose character select again but still Angel chose Oddjob. Dash’s face turned to a frown but then there was a knock on the door. Twilight hurried over, figuring it was the pizza delivery stallion.

Instead she was greeted by Discord. “Why hello Twilight Sparkle. Nice day isn’t it?” Discord asked in his lackey charming voice. Twilight stood there looking at him.

“Uhm… hi Discord. Yes it is a beautiful morning isn’t it” Twilight replied in her subtle voice.

“ARRRG FOR BUCK SAKES” Dash yelled as Angel continued to frustrate her. Discord raised an eyebrow then squealed in delight from the sight of the old N64 Goldenpony videogame.

“Oh Twilight, dearest Twilight. Would you please let me play Nintendo with you?” he asked as he gave her puppy dog eyes which, coming from Discord, was actually quite revolting.

“Ugh… yeah sure just do me a favour. Never give me those puppy dog eyes again until you practice in the mirror some more” Twilight said with a chuckle. Discord snickered at the comment and gave her a grateful nod then zipped over to the duo playing the videogame.

“Hey Dash, count me in” Discord said as Twilight closed the door behind her. But just as the door clicked shut there was a knock. Twilight opened the door to be greeted by the sight of the pizza delivery stallion.

Twilight quickly paid for the pizza then walked back into the living room, putting the pizzas on the table for the group. “Count me in too” Twilight said and levitated over a controller.

The group decided upon ‘Complex’ as the map with power weapons as the choice of weaponry. They chose their characters: Twilight chose Pony (As always), Dash chose Alec and Angel chose Oddjob again.

“Ahhh! Angel, don’t be the midget” Dash scowled. Discord raised an eyebrow from Dash’s somewhat politically incorrect term.

“Dash, I had no idea you spoke so… vulgarly” Discord commented and Dash let out a flustered sigh.

“Well I wouldn’t be so flustered if Angel would just play fair” Dash commented. Discord smiled.

“Oh my dear Dashie, it isn’t unfair for him to play as the undersized character. You just have to learn his weakness. Observe” Discord told her and chose the character Muskin.

The group began to play and Discord was like a master. He knew all the hiding spots, all the spawn locations for the good guns and the body armour. He immediately picked up a flack of body armour then proceeded to hunt down the small character of Angel’s.

Angel on the other hand wasn’t used to this map and had to look for a gun. He found a DD44 Dostovei pistol but couldn’t find any body armour. He spotted Discord and fired but the draconequus knew of a secret wall that led into a hidden passageway of sort.

He quickly slipped into the passageway as Angel passed by in search of Discord’s character. Discord crouched down. He could see through the wall from the passageway yet a pony (Or bunny in this case) could not see from the outside in.

Discord let loose with the RC-P90 and obliterated Angel in a matter of seconds. Angel squealed in sudden frustration as he died, he never died first.

As Discord slipped out from the hidden passage however, Twilight was waiting for him just around the corner. She had seen the little firefight and waited for Discord to come out of hiding.

As Discord came into view Twilight blasted a load of buckshot into his character at point blank range, killing him. “Drat… well serves me right for being so careless” Discord muttered as he respawned.

Twilight continued on but suddenly she was confronted by Angel’s character who blasted her away but no sooner had he killed Twilight then he was sniped by Discord who was perched up high behind a small outlook window-way.

Angel squeaked again as he respawned but quickly found Rainbow Dash then proceeded to make quick work of her. Dash grumbled as her character died. The group continued to play and both Dash and Twilight realized to leave Discord to fight Angel and then they could battle it out themselves, seeing as how the other two were about evenly matched but Discord having the slightest of advantage over Angel with his intellect and skill of the game.

Elsewhere Spike walked along with the three young fillies, known as the cutie mark crusaders or CMC for short. They walked along the fairgrounds but soon were stopped by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

“Oh looky here, we have some blank flanks and a dragon without wings” Diamond sneered cruelly. Spike groaned in irritation from her bullying.

“I don’t have time for your stupid insults Tiara” Spike told her but she and Silver Spoon both laughed as they pulled out a pair of Wonderbolt stuffies. Scootaloo gasped, well more like squealed, when she saw the Rainbow Dash stuffy in Tiara’s hooves.

“I see you like my Rainbow Dash... tell you what. I’ll give it to you Scootaloo” Tiara said in a sneering voice. Scootaloo’s face when bright with happiness from the offer.

“Really?” Scootaloo asked hopefully. Even though Rainbow Dash had taken her as an adoptive sister, she’d do just about anything for a Rainbow Dash stuffy.

“Yeah sure, because we’re oh so great friends” Tiara said as she went to hand it over to Scootaloo. Scootaloo’s face was illuminating with happiness but just as she went to take hold of the stuffy, Tiara pulled it back.

“HEY!” Scootaloo exclaimed in shock.

“But first you have to beg for it. Get down on your knees and beg for it like a dog” Tiara sneered. Scootaloo’s heart sank and she immediately went to get down on her knees to beg.

Spike grabbed her. “Hey, don’t beg for it. Rainbow Dash is your sister remember” Spike told the young filly but she wanted that stuffy.

“Well my offer still stands” Tiara laughed and Scootaloo once again went to kneel down before her and beg but again Spike stopped her.

“Scootaloo, don’t beg. Tiara where’d you get that thing?” Spike asked and Tiara smiled.

“I won it from a game vendor. Darts specifically” Tiara replied and Spike dragged Scootaloo over to the dart game. The Dash stuffy was roughly two thirds the size of Scootaloo so it was probably one of the larger and harder to win prizes.

“Hey little guy. Wanna play a go of darts? Just four bits and you get three darts” the game vendor offered. Spike only had five bits left after they had spent the rest of the money on junk food and rides, meaning he’d only get one shot at this.

“How do you win the Dash stuffy?” Spike asked and the vendor pointed to the cork board. There were three types of stars: really big ones, about the size of a hoof, medium sized stars, about the size of half a hoof, then little tiny stars about the size of an eye pupil.

“Okay, see the stars? To win a Wonderbolt stuffy you have to hit a small star. It’s easy” the vendor replied. Yeah easy for him to say. Spike gulped and tossed a dart at the small star but it missed.

“Oh too bad. Go ahead try again. All it takes is one bull’s eye to win” the vendor said and Spike tossed another dart but it too missed. “Oh good try, good try” the vendor told him. Spike threw another dart but it also missed.

Scootaloo groaned along with Spike. “Hey, don’t fret. You still got one shot left” the vendor said. Spike looked back to Tiara.

“How’d you win?” he asked and Tiara giggled in a cheeky way.

“A magician never reveals her secrets” she said as she twisted her face away and fluffed her mane. Jeeze that was like something you’d probably hear from Trixie.

Scootaloo lost hope and went to dive to her knees but Applebloom stopped her. “Don’t lose hope Scoots. Come on Spike, yah can do it” Applebloom said encouragingly.

The game vendor nodded, “Yeah kiddo, you can do it”. Spike let out a deep breath. A flashback memory of him watching Twilight play Goldenpony flashed through his mind. He remembered how she threw the throwing knives.

Spike picked up the dart, holding the tip of the needle between his index finger and his thumb. Tiara snickered, “What’s he doing? Doesn’t he know how to play darts?” she asked insultingly.

Spike cleared his mind then focused on the little blue star. He cocked his elbow then tossed the dart. It lobbed through the air, spinning wildly. Scootaloo covered her eyes as Tiara laughed and then the dart connected with the corkboard.

Scootaloo slowly opened her eyes fearfully but then every-pony gasped in unison. The dart had struck the corkboard. The blue star was pinned by Spike’s dart. The perfect bull’s eye.

“HEY-HEY, WE HAVE A WINNER!” the game vendor announced. “So kid, which prize will you have?” the vendor asked.

“The Rainbow Dash prize… please” Spike replied in a polite voice. The vendor grabbed a Wonderbolt Dash and handed it over to Spike. Tiara and Silver Spoon rushed up to Spike’s side.

“That’s impossible… how’d you do that!” Tiara gasped. The street vendor noticed the two stuffies on the duo’s backs.

“Hey! I remember you two! You stole those!” the game vendor yelled. Both Tiara and Silver Spoon gulped as the game vendor lept over the counter to chase the two young thieves.

‘Well that’s how they did it’ Spike thought to himself then looked to Scootaloo. “Uhh… here Scootaloo… I uhm…” Spike was a little speechless. Scootaloo squealed in delight then lept forwards, kissing Spike full on the lips.

“Oooh, Spike an Scootaloo sittin in a tree K-I-S-S-I…uhm…” Applebloom trailed off as she tried to think of how to spell kissing. Sweetie Bell and Applebloom both giggled as Scootaloo pulled back from the kiss.

Spike was blushing furiously and so was Scootaloo. ‘Maybe Goldenpony isn’t so bad’ Spike thought to himself.

Author's Note:

"K-I-S-S-I-N...Oh buck it"