• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,546 Views, 58 Comments

Golden-O-Seven, Double Eye - Trigger_Finger



Twilight finds her brother's old N64 along with a certain videogame that she soon finds irresistible

  • ...
0
 58
 1,546

Chapter 1: Classic treasures

Twilight was sorting through her brother’s old things. He had asked her if she could help him get rid of some old things and so here she was sorting through his things to see what was junk and what was worth keeping.

Unfortunately her number one helper Spike was off with the cutie mark crusaders. She sighed to herself as she fluffed her wings. It was strange getting used to being a princess but after the first month she had easily settled back down into her peaceful life at the Ponyville library.

“It would be so much easier with Spike here” Twilight complained to herself. She found a rather small box without a label that was taped closed with an obscene amount of tape.

Twilight levitated out a knife and cut open the box. She opened up the box to see her brother’s old Nintendo-64. She giggled to herself as she remembered how her brother would spend hours on end playing that thing and she never really knew why.

There were also four controllers: a see through purple one, a green one, a blue one and a grey one. Along with the controllers were the hook up wires and a videogame labeled ‘007 Goldenpony’. Twilight smirked, she remembered hearing about that character back when she was young, actually there were still movies being made about that character.

“Name’s Pony, James Pony” Twilight chuckled and figured Shining would probably want to keep the videogame console for his foals to play when they got old enough. She continued to sort through the things and finally finished her sorting.

She let out a deep huff and sat down on her couch. Her gaze soon wandered over to the videogame box. She got a little curious as to why her brother liked it so much when he was young.

She grabbed a hold of the box in her magical levitation spell and brought it over for further examination. ‘Why is there three handles? Ponies only have two hooves?’ Twilight wondered to herself as she examined the controllers.

She decided to indulge herself a little and trotted over to her flat screen TV. She screwed around with the cords until she successfully wired the cords into the TV. She plugged in the power cord into an outlet then took out the game cartridge from the box.

She flipped the game cartridge upside down and blew into the small crevice like she had seen her brother do so many times to get the dust out of the cartridge crevice. She placed the cartridge into the console then turned it on. She sat back down with the game remote in her hooves then quickly took it in a magical levitation spell, figuring it would be easier to play like that.

The game started to play through a catchy intro where circles would dot across the screen. Then the barrel of a gun followed an earth stallion dressed in a black suit. Suddenly the stallion whipped around and fired a small pistol at the screen.

The gun barrel began to wavier as blood ran down the screen. “Sweet Celestia!” Twilight gasped in shock, this game was so violent. The screen switched to another slide where golden letters read ‘Goldenpony’ with a red ring around it.

See pressed the start button and it skipped to a screen that had four file folders on it. All were empty. She chose the folder furthest to the left and started a file. She clicked on ‘Select Mission’ and there was a few rows of film roll, each negative had several missions but they were all locked except the first mission.

Twilight sighed to herself as she chose the first level that was called ‘Dam’. She skipped the mission briefing pages and clicked ‘Start Mission’. The game started, giving a small preview of the entire level then zoomed into the stallion who was wearing a Kevlar suit rather than the black suit he was wearing during the intro.

The stallion did some pose then the screen zoomed into first person. The stallion brought out a silenced Walter PPK, in game it was called the PP7. Twilight thought to herself why some-pony would make such a violent videogame but continued to play.

She quickly figured out that the analog stick in the middle of the controller was how to move, the start button made her looked to the pause screen which was James’ watch. She wasn’t sure what the green B button did but the A button let her put away his gun. The R and L tab on the top of the controller let her aim the pistol manually.

She put the pistol away figuring that if she was unarmed than no-pony would shoot her, seemed logical enough. She made James walk out then suddenly a Russian pony pointed an AK47 at her and began to fire it. The screen flashed and her health bar indicated that she was taking damage.

“Hey! I didn’t even have a gun out!” Twilight exclaimed. James Pony made several wounded noises as he continued to be shot. ‘Wow he can really take a lot’ Twilight thought to herself as she buttoned for the character to pull out his gun but then she realized she had no idea how to shoot the blasted thing.

She began to press the directional yellow arrows but all they did was make James move left and right and look up and down. Twilight soon became flustered as James couldn’t fire his gun.

She quickly resolved that maybe she could just run through the entire level. She ran away from the Russian stallion that was shooting her game character but as she ran past a sniper tower two more stallions began to shoot her. “Gah!” Twilight gasped as James’ health bar read less than one bar left.

He was hit again and all the health depleted but he was still able to go. Then the final shot went off and the screen went on its own as James fell to the ground, blood trailing down the screen. “Oh that’s not even fair” Twilight complained in frustration. A little clip of James Pony being shot to death played through and Twilight frowned.

The game screen went back to a file folder that read: mission failed, status: KIA. Twilight frowned to herself then began to observe the controller closer. There was no button she didn’t press so why couldn’t she shoot the bloody gun?

Then she flipped the controller over to see that there was a button she didn’t press: the Z button that was placed on the back of the controller. “Why would some-pony design such a complicated controller?” Twilight groaned in frustration then clicked restart mission.

She quickly skipped the briefing again and began to level. She quickly made her character round the corner, aimed the pistol at the Russian pony then pressed the Z button. The pistol was silenced and let out a quiet silenced shot that sounded more like a failed sneeze.

The Russian pony died and fell to the ground comically. “Ha! Take that!” Twilight exclaimed, happy that she had finally found out how to shoot. She walked over to the dead pony whose body faded away but his gun stayed on the ground. She walked over top of the gun and the screen made a clicking sound as it read across the bottom ‘KF7 Soviet picked up’. Twilight wondered how she could equip the rifle and pressed the A button and cycled through her weapons.

She smiled as she equipped the Russian rifle then began to play through the level. She blasted through ‘The Dam’ quite quickly, finding a full set of body armour and even a silenced sniper rifle which made combating through the level even easier. She also realized that the guns would auto aim to her opponents if her gun was pointing relatively close to them.

She soon reached a long strip of the dam and entered the last of the lookout buildings. She entered through a door and proceeded into a basement level of the dam and blasted her way through the underground level. For some reason wooden crates would explode violently when shot and killed ponies nearby.

She quickly blasted through the corridors. Eventually she found that she had completed the level but had no idea of how to finish it. She traversed across the entire map area of the level trying to the exit, to no avail.

Eventually Twilight found a ledge that had an opening she could go off. She quickly assumed that was the way to finish the level. She moved the videogame character off the ledge and the character fell off the dam.

The screen went black. “Wait, no… I didn’t know it would kill me” Twilight gasped and an ending cinematic of James leaping off the ledge played. Twilight cursed to herself as she immediately thought that she had died.

“Well that’s just over rated. I don’t know why Shining would get so much entertainment out of this gruesome game” Twilight complained to herself but the file folders came onto the screen detailing the mission.

Twilight’s wings shot out in excitement as the mission folder read ‘Mission: Complete’. “Wait… how did I survive that fall?” she asked to no-pony in particular. She decided to continue to see what happened next and pressed ‘Continue’.

Author's Note:

Ah yes, the unforgettable moment whe I opened my N64 for the first time and thought "Why the hell is there three handles?"