• ...
4
 57
 1,081

As time moves on

2 months later

The cold season had come and replaced the fall leaves with cold winter snow. Students and teachers had bundeled up and tried to stay warm. Moon, Wild, and Summer enjoyed each others company. Wild and Sapphire had been on a couple of dates over the past 2 months. Moon hadn't made any progress with Twilight. He now knew what it was like to feel rejection. It was a burning feeling knowing that the mare he wants doesn't want anyhting to do with him. It was just a terrible feeling and Moon could do nothing to shake it. It was about mid November when Moon's feelings for Twilight would change. On one of the many snow days they had Wild invited Moon to the mall. Wild was meeting up with Sapphire and Wild thought it would be a good idea to get out of the house for a little while. Moon didn't object and they took a carriege to the mall. The warm air and the sound of ponies talking was a relaxing feeling for Moon. It kept his mind off his feeling.

"Hey Moon. Keep an eye out for Sapphire." Wild said as they started deeper into the mall.

"You have her number and your phone. Just call her and ask where she is." Moon said.

"Oh yeah." Wild replied.

Summer put a hoof on her fore head. "Sometimes I wonder who is in college and who is in elementary school."

"Very funny." Wild replied.

"I thought it was funny." Moon said while smiling.

"Don't encourage her." Wild whispered.

Moon just smiled. Wild pulled out his phone and took a couple steps away. Moon looked around and saw a little bar not to far from where he was.

"Hey Summer. I'm going to grab a drink. Tell your brother to get me when he is done." Moon whispered.

Summer looked up and smiled. "Okay."

Moon started for the little bar. He looked around the shops he passed and when he got to the bar he looked around inside. There were a couple of ponies at the tables and there was one unicorn at the bar. Moon prefered the bar. He sat next to the unicorn and looked at the menu. The bartender trotted up and set a glass down for the white stallion sitting next to him.

"What can I get ya?" He asked.

"Non alcholic cider please. Not drinking this early." Moon replied while setting the menu down.

The bartender went down to the other end of the bar and reached for a glass. Moon looked back outside to see Sapphire, Wild, and Summer walking toward a little shop across the walkway. The bartender came back with a chilled glass of cider and set it down on the bar top.

"Hey. Mind if I have a talk with you? I want have a chat with somepony." A white stallion asked.

Moon smiled and hopped a seat over. "My name is Moon Ray."

"I'm Shining Armor."

"Where you from?" Moon asked.

"Canterlot. I was raised there and my parents still live there." Shining said with pride.

"I'm from Fillydelphia. I used to live in Canterlot, but something happened and we left." Moon said while looking down in his drink.

"Well what you here for?" Shining asked.

"I'm going to the university up the road." Moon said perking up a little.

"Hey my sister goes there! I'm coming by to visit her today." Shining said as he looked at the clock hanging over the bar. "Oh no! I'm going to be late! She hates it when I'm late."

He threw some bits on the bar top and ran for the exit.

I wonder who his sister is? Moon thought to himself.

Moon tilted his glass back and looked up at the TV sitting a couple feet away from him. There was a commercial about some new mane product, so Moon tuned out and looked back to the door way. He saw ponies and foals walking past the door. He couldn't help but smile. Everything was so relaxing. The TV made a strange noise that drew everyponies eyes to the little box on a stand.

"Breaking News. Celestia goes to Saddle Arabia to set up new trading routes with the east and soon trading posts will be set up in the Zebra home land. This is being done to improve the relationship between Equestria and the Saddle Arabia. We will have more information tonight at 12."

There was some light chatter, but everypony went back to their drinks and conversations. Moon paid the bartender and left in search of Wild.

---------------

"Summer? Where's Moon?" Wild asked realizing he had been walking around for an hour.

"He went to have a drink a while ago." She answered

Wild put a hoof on his face and used his magic to pull out his phone. "I can't believe he would just run off like that." Wild said.

Just as Wild lifted the phone to his ear, something caught his eye. He looked and saw something he didn't want to see.

---------------

"This mall is huge! I don't think I'm going to find Wild just wandering." Moon said with a sigh.

Moon searched through the crowd of ponies and foals to no avail. As he pulled the corner to another row of stores, he caught a glimpse of somepony he knew. It was Shining Armor outside a mare's clothing store labeled with a simply, yet fancy capital R.

I really hope he isn't there to by something for himself. The thought sent a chill down Moon's spine. Oh wait! He said his sister was here! That's what he's doing.

Moon smiled and approached Shining with a better mind set.

"Hey Moon. Long time no see" Shining said sarcastically.

"I know right. It's been ages!" Moon replied, trying to hold back a giggle.

The both shared a laugh. Moon looked at the bags Shining was carrying and wondered where his sister was.

"Oh these bags aren't mine." Shining said as his face started turning red. "My sister insisted we do some shopping every time I come to town."

"Right. So that talk we were having earlier. Feel like continuing?" Moon asked with a grin.

"Sure. We didn't get to far anyway. So what grade are you in?" He asked.

"I just started college. I'm a freshman." Moon answered.

"Got any plans after you leave?" Shining asked while setting the bags down.

"I might join the Canterlot guard. I want to protect the people of this great nation." Moon said feeling pride build up. "I want to do something good for Equestria."

"The guard huh." Shining said with a big smile. "Well just to let you know. I'm the captain of the Canterlot division of the royal guard."

Moon's mouth hung open. "The captain! Wow I have so many questions!" He yelled

Shining's ears fell back and his smile was gone. "I think we could do it another time. I didn't take the day off work so I could talk about it."

Moon's face started turning red. "Oh yeah.... I guess you are right."

They stood there in silence. Just as Moon was going to say something, a pony called out to Shining. He went inside and motioned Moon to follow. They both entered the store looking at the fancy dresses and other articles of clothing. They seemed that they would be worthy of a Canterlot party.

"What is he doing here?" A voice asked harshly.

No way! I know that voice. Moon thought.

His heart started jumping and he tensed up. He looked straight forward and saw her. The dark purple mane with a pink strip running through it. Her lavender coat accompanied with the six pointed star. It was her for sure. Twilight Sparkle was actually standing right in front Moon.

"Big brother why did you bring him?" Twilight hissed.

"Oh so you two know each other?"

"He goes to the university. We have a class together." She replied.

"Well when he looks ravishing!" A classy mare voice called out.

"Rarity! You don't know what he is." Twilight said while trying to pull her closer.

Suddenly Moon snapped out of his daze and shook his head. Twilight had Shining and Rarity close and they were whispering about something. Moon looked around and finally remembered what he was doing.

"That is the worst possible thing!" Rarity shouted.

"But.... He doesn't seem like that kind of pony." Shining said as he looked back at Moon.

Rarity trotted up to Moon and stared into his eyes. Almost immediately she hit him right in the face with her right hoof. Moon covered his face with his hooves and waited for another hit.

"What the heck was that for?" Moon shouted.

"How dare you treat mares like that! We don't like being toyed with you sick freak!" Rarity shouted back.

"What do you mean?" Moon asked while slowly getting back on all fours.

Rarity hit him again. "Oh so now you are trying to play dumb with us!" She screamed. "Twilight can you believe this!"

Shining put a shield around Moon and jumped next to Moon. He had a trace amount of blood coming from his bottom lip. Twilight began to feel rage build up.

"Why are you defending him!?" She yelled at the top of her lungs.

Rarity closed the front door and let the costumers out.

"He isn't that kind of pony. I know it." Shining said trying to keep a level head.

"They told me he did it! He's a monster!" Twilight yelled back.

"TWILIGHT SPARKLE! You do not raise your voice to your older brother!" Shining roared.

Her ears went down and she lowered her head. Shining took a deep breath and relaxed.

"Did you ever get the other side of the story?" Shining asked.

"No." She whispered.

Shining lifted the shield and help Moon up.

Moon looked at all three ponies. "What do you know that I don't?"

"Twily heard a story about you. It wasn't a nice story." Shining said while putting a hoof on Moon's back.

Moon put a hoof on his face and sighed. "Let me guess. The other mares told her this story. And the story consisted of me doing bad things to the mares."

All three ponies looked up.

"Oh it's my only year of public high school all over again. What did they say this time?" Moon asked.

"They said you forcefully had sex with them." Shining replied.

"Well it's an upgrade from the peeper they called me in high school." Moon said with a hoof on his fore head.

"So you had this happen before?" Shining asked.

"Yup. I went to public school for a year and the same situation happened. The class caught wind of me liking a certain mare so they filled her head with lies." Moon suddenly felt depressed. "I wish I had an opportunity like this one, to explain that I didn't do what they say I did."

"So it was all lies?" Twilight asked with tears starting to from in her eyes.

"It's always lies. I would never do something like that." Moon looked at Twilight's eyes. "I care to much."

Twilight and, for some unknown reason Rarity, started crying. "I should've listened to Pinkie. She said there was no way you could be that kind of pony."

Shining nudged Moon forward. He looked over and Shining was eyeing Twilight. Moon's eyes went wide. Was her older brother telling him to comfort Twilight? With a good push, Moon trotted to Twilight and sat next to her. She was wiping away tears with one of her hooves. Moon took that hoof away and held it in his own. Twilight looked up and made eye contact with Moon.

"I forgive you."

---------------

"Sapphire take Summer and find Moon! Don't stop running no matter what!" Wild yelled.

Two ponies were breaking through the crowd and were heading toward Wild, Summer, and Sapphire. They pushed ponies out of the way and started yelling.

"Come here boy!" A stallion shouted. "Come and give your daddy a hug!"

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry everyone! For the past 2 weeks my laptop has been at the shop. I caught a really bad case of spy wear and it took the repair men a couple days to make sure everything was clean. Plus it doesn't help that I recently became a fan of Dr. Who. I couldn't stop watching that show. I was also re-watching all of MLP. Life kicked my ass because right as I got my laptop back, my school finals started. So life but a lot of road blocks in my way, but now I'm back online.

Hope you enjoy this chapter. It is my first chapter since I've been out and about with new shows, life events, and Graduation from high school! Plus this girl I've been talking to might be a serious thing and I'm really happy about that. One thing I'm worried about is..... I haven't told her I'm a brony..... Not sure how that's going to work out, but hey whats the worst that can happen?