• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 893 Views, 17 Comments

Mini-Shelf: A Collection of Bite Size Stories - Tavi n Scratch



A collection of small snippets written for fun, contains many genres.

  • ...
4
 17
 893

Looking Back (Comedy)

“You know Lily, back in our school days Daisy and I always got ourselves into the most interesting situations.”

“That’s an understatement if I ever heard one, I’m surprised we never got expelled. We used to go to some snooty private school in Canterlot, rich families and what not.”

“Yeah, actually I don’t know if we should talk about it.”

“Well it is too late now, you’ve gotten me interested, you have no choice but to tell me.”

“I don’t know...”

“Ahh it’s all right Daisy I’m sure Lily won’t talk to anyone about it, will she?”

“Oh I swear, not a soul shall hear of this from me.”

“See Daisy, told you there was no problem. Alright where to begin, what’s a good first story?”

“The flag?”

“Nah, the mascot?”

“Ehh, oh, how about the statue outside the school?

“Oh yes, perfect. Okay, so Lily, there used to be this fountain outside the front of the school, on top of it was a statue of Starswirl the Bearded. It was really nice, marble, beautifully carved. Well around comes the beginning of Sophomore year, we get a little license to open up our flower shop outside the school.”

“Yeah, this was the first time we opened a flower shop, it was a cart, much smaller and cheaper than the ones we have now, and Rose towed it to school since she had no class during the last block, we’d meet up outside once school was over and sell the flowers. We had a lot of business, students were always hungry at the end of the school day and having the shop right on campus was very profitable.”

“Well it’s the last day of school and Daisy and I are tending to the shop when a teacher calls us into talk about summer classes. We close up the shop and head inside. Well while we are away, somepony messed with the brakes on the cart. As we walk out, the cart begins to roll it’s way down a slope and time just slows.”

“So Rose and I are just galloping to try and catch the shop, but it get’s too much speed too fast. The thing is just careening towards the fountain, the two of us chasing after it. It hits the fixture and the cart just crumbles, the fountain is barely is shaking. We were angry about our shop but were glad that we didn’t cause any damage.”

“Or so we thought. We breathe a sigh of relief and just at that moment, crack, Starswirl’s bearded head falls to the ground with a booming thud. Everyone stops and just stares at the two of us, standing in the wreckage of a cart, the head of a statue lying on the ground in front of us, we were both as red as, well, roses.”

“Looking back and laughing, it's been a long time."

Author's Note:

Prompt by Isaac The Red: “Looking back and laughing, it's been a long time."