• Published 27th Feb 2013
  • 887 Views, 17 Comments

Mini-Shelf: A Collection of Bite Size Stories - Tavi n Scratch



A collection of small snippets written for fun, contains many genres.

  • ...
4
 17
 887

Reflection (Rom, Sad)

I stared into the beautiful eyes, the reflection in the mirror that wasn’t my own. It was her mirror image, I hadn’t seen her in a year. It’s felt like much longer than that, time just likes to drag I guess. Lonely days spent with my books, and even they were not a suitable substitute for the company of my special somepony.

She Certainly looked the same. In fact she looked just like she did the last time I saw her, well last time she was healthy. It made no sense, I was just looking into the bedroom mirror when instead of myself I saw a familiar and beautiful face. I began to inspect deeply, making sure it was actually her.

Her cyan coat glowed with a bright and adventurous gleam, ready to streak across the sky. Her eyes were the same healthy shade of magenta, a glint in them was very noticeable, that competitive spark that drove her to be the very best, to never give up. Her mane was a beautiful palette of colors, a bit raggedy from the air speed. It was definitely her.

I was in shock, it made no sense for her to be here, but it’s what I saw. I thought to myself, count my blessings, don’t question a gift. A smile crossed each of our mouths, I could feel a distant happiness coming near.

I blinked, and when I looked into the mirror again I just saw a very sad unicorn.