• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,482 Views, 5 Comments

Scribblings of TwiDash - SomeponyTheVectorer



A compilation of bite-sized fics I wrote for the TwiDash prompt game in the TwiDash group.

  • ...
4
 5
 1,482

Coffee

Twilight stirred, a small groan emanating from her lips as she was pulled from the land of dreams. She cuddled closer to the pony resting beside her. Groggily, she noted the warmth, the familiar scent of ozone, the feel of the fabric resting on her face- wait, fabric? Reluctantly she opened her eyes to see that the object she had assumed was Rainbow Dash, was in fact, Rainbow Dash's pillow. "Not a bad replacement," she remarked quietly, but she wondered where the plucky Pegasus could have gone off to. It wasn't often that she was up before Twilight.


After a quick stretch, followed by her morning hair brushing ritual, she made her way down the stairs, a small tune on her lips, when she was met with the sight of Rainbow Dash engrossed in the latest Daring Do novel. Twilight coughed, noting Rainbow's bleary eyes as she visibly jumped at the small noise, and turned to face her. Rainbow promptly returned her attention to the book at her hooves.


"Morning, Rainbow," Twilight said, receiving only a grunt in reply. "Have you been up all night?" she asked, noting the empty mugs strewn about the table.

Rainbow nodded.

"Is that the new Daring Do?"

Another nod.

"How is it?"


"Oh my gosh Twilight it's so awesome so far I mean the last book was good but this one is like awesomeriffic or something Daring is so awesome like there's this time when she's about to discover the secret treasure of the Azteca's and she's attacked by zombie ponies Twilight! Zombie. Ponies! Oh my gosh and the curse of the treasure is like so cool I mean the ability to live forever without needing to eat or drink or even breathe is sweet and means they can fight forever but Daring is too awesome to let that stop her so she traps them in a massive hole where they'll never get out and-"


Twilight blinked, she wasn't expecting exposition this intense, this early in the morning. She didn't appreciate the spoilers, either, so she waited for Rainbow to catch a breath before speaking again.


"But... I thought we were going to read this one together," Twilight's voice wavered slightly as gaze dropped to the floor.

Rainbow's ears flopped back, "Sorry Twi. I tried to wait, I really did, but I just couldn't sleep. I promised myself that I'd only read the first page, but I just couldn't stop there, so the first chapter, and I started getting tired, but I couldn't go to sleep yet, not when Daring-" Rainbow realized what she had said before. "Oh horse-apples, I'm so sorry Twi, I didn't mean to spoil it all for ya. It was just so good, and I had to get some coffee so I wouldn't miss what happened next, and I got carried away and... and..."


Twilight winced sympathetically when Rainbow's face slammed into the open book, her ears pricking at the faint sound of Rainbow's snoring. She smiled as she picked her marefriend up with her magic, a splash of disdain marked her features when she saw the small puddle of drool on the book.


She passed Spike on the stairs while on her way back to her bedroom, who offered a groggy hello. She settled Rainbow into her bed, and after a moment of consideration, crawled in after her. The library doesn't open until later on Sunday's anyway. She snuggled in next to the snoozing Pegasus, relaxing to the sound of Rainbow's steady breathing, who twitched, and draped a wing over the Unicorn. As she was about to let sleep take her, her eyes shot open to a loud cry originating from the kitchen.


"WHAT THE FEATHER HAPPENED IN HERE?!"

Author's Note:

Award for most cliche'd Daring Do plot goes to me.