• Published 23rd Feb 2013
  • 1,562 Views, 80 Comments

Subsolar's Super Short Stories - Subsolar Drift



Super short stories inspired by pretty much anything.

  • ...
7
 80
 1,562

Confession (Dark, AU)

Dear Princess Celestia,

I’m sorry. There is no more to say besides that. I’m sorry. I have let you down. You always taught me to be good, true, and honest. I tried to follow you in the light, but a darkness came over me and I sinned. I cannot bear to see you again knowing I’ve let you down in such a way. I am supposed to be your most faithful, but I have fallen into shadow. Even as I write this I tremble with the power of my affliction. It is only through thoughts of you and what you have taught me that I have the strength to write these words and do what I must.

I must be punished for I looked unto another mare in lust. A dark spirit has come over me and infected my mind. Do not blame the mare for she is oblivious to my plight. The conflict is my own for I have brought these spirits to myself and my soul feels as if it is tearing itself apart. My punishment as the part of me that is good and true pits itself against the darkness that has blossomed inside me since I have left your side. My actions now are a necessity to ensure my soul stays in the light. Forgive me my crimes, for I am not of sound mind.

Let the light guide my soul forever.

Twilight Sparkle

Author's Note:

Written for the TwiDash group. Inspired by the Crucible. Probably my favorite of all the prompts I've written so far. Defiantly an AU though.